• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayumi

Whoever said "bitching about drops on GAF is real" is correct.
I remember saying that a few times, but I'm pretty sure most of us have!

So Kadala is not good for weapons and not recommended to waste shards on?
If I were you, I wouldn't do it. Here is why:

Weapons cost 15 shards. The drop rate (for what you probably want) is way lower than what you might need on 5 shard required items from Kadala. So you end up spending more shards for a way lower chance. Weapons drop more often as legs too, as any item, and it's just generally better to use Kadala for only 5 shard items.

For instance,
3 bracers = 1 weapon.
Bracers leg have a higher drop rate than the weapon (assuming you're after certain top gear items) so it will cost you less.

Awesome, thanks! My username is the same as on here~

So how can I enjoy the NeoGAF clan? Requested to be part of the community but its been pending for a few days now.

Thanks!
Give me your full Battle ID and I'll add you to the clan (if you are Paragon 100 or above). Unfortunately I don't have any access to add you to the community though.

taybul

I'll add you to both after I get home from work tonight, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Hey, mind adding me too? Taybul#1433. My request has probably already expired though.

Now let's see if this gaf bitching works....

I'm getting pretty tired hunting for the TnT. Thousands of shards converted to crafting mats. Had one glove drop with an icon of a clenched fist, my heart skipped a beat, but then I saw it was actually a Frostburn (albeit pretty decent one).

Bitching does have a history of working for me.

I'm currently spamming Kadala for any decent bracers but she's givin me shit. At this point I want anything with cold dmg. Preferably Strongarm or Lacuni's (lol). Then I can make the transition to a build that actually uses cold \ cull the weak \ bane of the trapped.

Firemind

Bitching does have a history of working for me.

I'm currently spamming Kadala for any decent bracers but she's givin me shit. At this point I want anything with cold dmg. Preferably Strongarm or Lacuni's (lol). Then I can make the transition to a build that actually uses cold cull the weak bane of the trapped.
Why not craft aughild's? Aughild 2pc is still better than a random rare/legendary with 4 affixes.

Do dhs need the shoulder slot for marauders? Sorry I'm not familiar with dhs. :lol

Yup. And I need RoRG so I can use T&T in my glove slot. Not a lot of wiggle room if you're trying to take on high level GRifts :(

Heh, you've really been away for a long time eh? No more specific crafting mats, just a pile of parts, dust, crystals, and 2 souls. Make as many Reaper's Wraps as you want!

You don't have to farm malthael anymore. They removed the specific drops for all the crafting recipes.

Holy shit O_O

VoxPop

I remember saying that a few times, but I'm pretty sure most of us have!

If I were you, I wouldn't do it. Here is why:

Weapons cost 15 shards. The drop rate (for what you probably want) is way lower than what you might need on 5 shard required items from Kadala. So you end up spending more shards for a way lower chance. Weapons drop more often as legs too, as any item, and it's just generally better to use Kadala for only 5 shard items.

For instance,
3 bracers = 1 weapon.
Bracers leg have a higher drop rate than the weapon (assuming you're after certain top gear items) so it will cost you less.

Give me your full Battle ID and I'll add you to the clan (if you are Paragon 100 or above). Unfortunately I don't have any access to add you to the community though.

VoxPop#1238

Paragon 161

Firemind

I swear to god i'm going to finish the jade or zunimassa set before any wizard set. already have two of each and only two of tal, vyr and firebird. :lol

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Which gem would be better for a Stampede Crusader? Trapped or Powerful? Both are 25, but only have room for one right now.

trapped is pretty much always better for 90% of builds because it's multiplicative in it's own category, whereas bane of the powerful gets summed up with most other damage boosts (i.e. individual skill % damage increase on gear, a passive skill damage increase, etc...).

StMeph

Whoever said "bitching about drops on GAF is real" is correct.

Well I really need a T&T to finish my DH. Have been hunting for one for a couple weeks now, and the only things I've seen from Kadala are multiples of The Shadow's Grasps.

Thanks Obama Kadala.

Has Blizzard ever mentioned implementing some kind of undo for item enchantments? Would be nice to switch the stat you've enchanted on an item.

Yeah they've already said they want to add more barb-specific legendaries, 2.1 brought a few, but I'm expecting more in future patches.

That's cool, it just feels wierd that my fire chains from maximus do more damage per second than my frenzy spam. Hell it feels weird that barbs even have the option to do anything but physical damage.

Ayumi

Has Blizzard ever mentioned implementing some kind of undo for item enchantments? Would be nice to switch the stat you've enchanted on an item.

It won't happen. Enchanting with the Mystic is a bit of a gamble too, that's why you're not able to choose exactly what to reroll into, and have to see whatever magic shows up. I think the only legit complaint we can do with the mystic is the fact that she suggest the same stat in a lower number than what we are trying to roll away.

I agree with you, it would be nice, but it isn't likely to be added as a feature. It would let us have too much control of our characters (which Blizzard hates).

Celegus

I wish, but doubt that's ever going to happen. I'm pretty sure the SoJ I'm wearing used to be physical, but I changed it to another element back when physical was awful. Now sockets are necessary, so my SoJ doesn't even have an element and I really really really want a physical or holy one.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
That's cool, it just feels wierd that my fire chains from maximus do more damage per second than my frenzy spam. Hell it feels weird that barbs even have the option to do anything but physical damage.

Yeah, Raekor's does insane aoe damage and that's great and all, but there really isn't another option out there for single target damage. What if I want to focus on a single target barb with simplicity's strength, depth diggers, and frenzy? Well... my frenzy is going to hit for 10-20 mil and still be utter shit. Most of the problems with this game come back to lack of build diversity.

Are monks still the worst? I grouped with a really well geared one yesterday and it just looked awesome. So much mobility and he seemed to have great dps.

I leveled my monk to 40 so that I could use my -30 lvl requirement legendary weapon and it's been a blast doing rifts. I don't care so much about soloing level 40+ GRs, but are people generally enjoying the 2.1 monks for just regular T6 stuff?

Bombless

Are monks still the worst? I grouped with a really well geared one yesterday and it just looked awesome. So much mobility and he seemed to have great dps.

I leveled my monk to 40 so that I could use my -30 lvl requirement legendary weapon and it's been a blast doing rifts. I don't care so much about soloing level 40+ GRs, but are people generally enjoying the 2.1 monks for just regular T6 stuff?

I haven't played Monk myself but the ones I played with were kicking some major ass.

My DH can barely survive tier 33. I have a keystone for 34 but I'm not even going to bother. I have no idea how to stay alive. Shit just kills me in no time at all. Awareness barely helps.

Using Unity helps, but then my dmg takes a hit.

Also at 55% crit and 500% crit dmg, I'm not sure if I want to give up 45% crit dmg for bane of the powerful.

eek5

My DH can barely survive tier 33. I have a keystone for 34 but I'm not even going to bother. I have no idea how to stay alive. Shit just kills me in no time at all. Awareness barely helps.

Using Unity helps, but then my dmg takes a hit.

Also at 55% crit and 500% crit dmg, I'm not sure if I want to give up 45% crit dmg for bane of the powerful.

20% dmg and 15% elites is a lot better than 45/500 CD

Shifty76

They're good if you can get a FD and Sunwuko set. If you can't get all that though they're pretty bad. My monk buffs up to around 6m sheet dps, 60m toughness once I get everything going.

Still weaker than DH even with those stats though :/

eek5

They're good if you can get a FD and Sunwuko set. If you can't get all that though they're pretty bad. My monk buffs up to around 6m sheet dps, 60m toughness once I get everything going.

Still weaker than DH even with those stats though :/

yeah but does DH look as cool jumping around instead of standing right in the thick of things??
yes :(

So a few hours ago i find this baby off a Keywarden. I love the legendary affix its fun to play around with.

5te5tEB.jpg

Xeteh

So I finaaaally got a Quetzacoatl a couple hours ago on my WD. I finally get to mess around with Jade Harvester, I like the damage but man the build is taking some getting to used to.

If anyone doesn't mind giving me some advice for my gear, I'm sure it needs some work. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Xeteh-1490/hero/53127653

I need Strongarms (probably what I'm gonna gamble next), my RORG is bad. I'll probably swap out TMF and use Horrify instead of a Dog, I feel I need more help keeping myself alive.

Any tips/advice for how to handle Rift Guardians? I feel it takes me forever to kill them and I just run around waiting on Soul Harvest cooldowns. Also, how does crit interact with this build? I feel like I'm missing something in the execution. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Dahbomb

With this setup I was able to beat a Tier 34 rift, but the time ran out before I could kill the Guardian. I even had a little over 2 minutes to kill it. Just not putting out enough dmg.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jim2point0-1220/hero/42736492

You are not dishing out enough damage because you don't have Ballistics passive.

Take out Polar Station for Spitfire turrent for the extra Rockets (and extra DPS). Change Multishot to the Arsenal rune (one that shoots out rockets).

Take out Awareness and Perfectionist passive.... switch with Ballistics and Steady Aim.

Re-roll your CHD on your RoRG into a socket to place another gem. Get an Enforcer gem on there.

All these changes will substantially increase your damage. You will make GR 38 with just these changes. Next step would be replacing your Windforce with an Etrayu (Gifted of course).

The next order of business is to figure out your attack speed so that you can achieve Tier 6 breakpoint (the 2.84 one). You are probably close to it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12945884471

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l_MCAFjhEAokMyin5r1uGGXTmNuU-J-K4-fEe8DnokQ/edit#gid=0

Put values into that spreadsheet to figure out your breakpoint.

I'm past the 2.84 breakpoint with bows.

Is it really worth using the fire rune with multishot and sentries just for the rockets? I figured cold runes would be better.

I guess I can start leveling up enforcer. I have no idea when the game will drop me an Etrayu so I'll start spamming Kadala for bows. Not sure what else to spend them on except for Bracers anyways.

Dahbomb

Is it really worth using the fire rune with multishot and sentries just for the rockets? I figured cold runes would be better.

I guess I can start leveling up enforcer. I have no idea when the game will drop me an Etrayu so I'll start spamming Kadala for bows. Not sure what else to spend them on except for Bracers anyways.
Yes to the bolded question. They buffed that Passive where it basically doubles the damage of all Rockets.

You should be rolling for Shoulders because they can be a lot better. I would also try to get a better Helm... one with CC AND Cluster Arrow damage for more DPS. It's not worth it to roll for a bow, as long as you play regularly you will find an Etrayu.

Also if you feel that you are struggling against the RG, you should invest in Custom Engineering. It's effectively a 25% damage boost when all Sentries are out.

So GAF, I'm having problems with my Crusader. He's extremely durable but can't dish out damage for shit. I realized this when I thought I should do some bounties and it took me 10mins or something to kill fucking Diablo on Torment 1.

Here's my hero profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sajjaja-1529/hero/53503904

Any tips on builds or w/e? Where am I going wrong?

I'm certainly not a crusader pro, but have you tried using offensive passives? Holy cause and finery will add some damage. Upgrading your gems will help too, but first off try replacing the gem in your amulet with a legenday like the efficacious toxin one or the one that smites enemies.

Aside from that just continue upgrading your gear when you get the drops, a weapon with an affix would be a good start (all depending on your luck of course).

Here's my crusader
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrTeachwell-6244/hero/51811079

cdyhybrid

Worth losing 10% CDR from Captain Crimson 2-piece for Ice Climbers? Currently running low Torments with a Lightning Blessed Hammer build while I look for gear.

Using Bowmen/Provoke/LoValor/AC.

Changed out the 2 runes to fire and added ballistics \ steady aim. I managed to get a 35 keystone from the trials and I managed to beat it with 5 minutes left. The only problem I was having was... dying too much. Still so much damage I can't avoid.

I'm going to start leveling up my enforcer and rolling for shoulders I guess. Having all res on everything possible doesn't seem like a bad idea I guess.

Xeteh

So I mentioned I found a Quetzacoatl earlier... ran a L30 GRift with a DH friend of mine, we barely made it because it was filled with Act 5 mobs and it was super frustrating. I died right as the RG died, saw a Two Handed Mace drop. Made some sarcastic comment about how it better be a Furnace. It was a Furnace. Today was a good day.

I'm trying to decide if I should reroll the CDR to damage. CDR is helpful for Jade Harvester but I don't know if its worth passing up damage for. Any advice?

eEHILS4.jpg

So I mentioned I found a Quetzacoatl earlier... ran a L30 GRift with a DH friend of mine, we barely made it because it was filled with Act 5 mobs and it was super frustrating. I died right as the RG died, saw a Two Handed Mace drop. Made some sarcastic comment about how it better be a Furnace. It was a Furnace. Today was a good day.

I'm trying to decide if I should reroll the CDR to damage. CDR is helpful for Jade Harvester but I don't know if its worth passing up damage for. Any advice?

eEHILS4.jpg

wow that would be a perfect furnace for my crusader, I'll be interested to know how the experts weigh in on cdr vs dmg. If it was my crusader I'd be keeping the cdr and roll crit or something else onto my rings/amulets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom