• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayumi

I actually got a very well rolled Strongarm to drop naturally, I was pretty shocked.

I have been gambling for weapons lately as I need nothing else and it is disheartening. Too bad you can't gamble for both Sun Keeper and The Furnace in the same slot. It's annoying how tied you are to a good weapon as a Wizard.

Here is my t6 farming spec if anyone is interested:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aeglos7-1318/hero/51704003

I have been swapping between Storm Armor with Strongarm and Ice Armor with Warzechan. I like Strongarm better though for the BH + Molten Impact combo. With Leoric's, I basically have BH and Molten up anytime I run into a pack. Not sure if it's better than Mage Fist or Cindercoat yet, but I like having my cooldowns available in this build. Things can sometimes get dicey if you don't have a weak mob available for the gold drop, but you just have to plan accordingly.

Not sure if you're looking for advice since you linked it.. but, first of all, I would advice against gambling for a weapon, especially Furnace which is one of the most rare weapons in the game. It will take you A LOT of time and shards, and you might as well use the shards on other 5-shard-items because you WILL get those way faster.

You'd probably benefit more from replacing Storm Armor with Energy Armor (Prismatic Armor) and replace Glass Cannon with Blur (passive), and unless you really need to flee a lot, I suggest replacing Illusionist with Audacity. Not sure why you rerolled a secondary on your chest, but if you get a new one, you should consider rolling it into a skill damage.

Awesome Talons, btw!

If you want more out of it, you could try replacing Metero with Hydra (I mean, you already have Hydra dmg on your source AND shoulders, so it would be better).

If you get a great 2H, you need a RoRG for your 6P Firebird's, but whatever happens in the future.. this game is incredibly unpredictable and a very build-to-build situation.

Iryx

The Unity grind is becoming really frustrating for me. It's the item combo I need the most to progress further in higher grifts, and I'm not having any luck finding it. I've played on my seasonal char for 125 hours now and surpassed the paragon level of my non-seasonal chars, and I'm still looking for a both a second ring, and a follower item that prevents death, gotten tons of all skills and 50% cooldowns ones but not any of the actually useful ones.

joesmokey

Not sure if you're looking for advice since you linked it.. but, first of all, I would advice against gambling for a weapon, especially Furnace which is one of the most rare weapons in the game. It will take you A LOT of time and shards, and you might as well use the shards on other 5-shard-items because you WILL get those way faster.

You'd probably benefit more from replacing Storm Armor with Energy Armor (Prismatic Armor) and replace Glass Cannon with Blur (passive), and unless you really need to flee a lot, I suggest replacing Illusionist with Audacity. Not sure why you rerolled a secondary on your chest, but if you get a new one, you should consider rolling it into a skill damage.

Awesome Talons, btw!

If you want more out of it, you could try replacing Metero with Hydra (I mean, you already have Hydra dmg on your source AND shoulders, so it would be better).

If you get a great 2H, you need a RoRG for your 6P Firebird's, but whatever happens in the future.. this game is incredibly unpredictable and a very build-to-build situation.
I don't need anything else aside from a weapon or an actual well-rolled immunity amulet :(. I have an amazing Witching Hour on my main and I am not going to try to gamble for that again. Everything else is virtually perfectly rolled that I need to wear. I have stashed Helm, Cindercoat, Magefist, etc.

Keep in mind that this spec is for t6 rift speedrunning where you need to go as fast as possible. For basic t6 rifts, it's so easy to stay alive with double Unity that you don't need Blur or anything else. Storm Armor is used to gain speed while you're getting hit, so you can keep applying Blizzard everywhere. Illusionist is used to reset cooldowns and for movement speed bonus.

This gear is mostly for gr35+ attempts though which is why I have things on there like the secondary roll on the Chest (melee dmg reduction) and the Hydra dmg affixes. Good idea that I should be replacing these for t6 speedruns though, since my build doesn't need them.

I don't use this spec for group play or serious greater rift attempts. It's just to get through t6 rifts as fast as humanly possible.

ferr

The Unity grind is becoming really frustrating for me. It's the item combo I need the most to progress further in higher grifts, and I'm not having any luck finding it. I've played on my seasonal char for 125 hours now and surpassed the paragon level of my non-seasonal chars, and I'm still looking for a both a second ring, and a follower item that prevents death, gotten tons of all skills and 50% cooldowns ones but not any of the actually useful ones.

It's worth it. Turned T6 into easy mode for me. For some reason I got 3 of my 4 unities within a couple of days. RNGesus.

Firemind

You and me both, buddy. You and me both.

I have the follower items, but still need two unities lol. I keep dumping my shards but no unity or soj as of yet. Nor a rrog. The grind is real.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Kadala Blood Shard Rates for Patch 2.1

(Includes seasonal & hardcore)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TLDBV4Um0E/pubhtml?gid=1199554571&single=true

Sorry if this was posted earlier today!

Edit for Trigger Warning: Numbers in link might cause a significant increased lack of motivation!
"cntrl + F immortal king"
umGMiqx.gif

wouldn't be so bad if i could hold more than 500 shards

Ayumi

I don't need anything else aside from a weapon or an actual well-rolled immunity amulet :(. I have an amazing Witching Hour on my main and I am not going to try to gamble for that again. Everything else is virtually perfectly rolled that I need to wear. I have stashed Helm, Cindercoat, Magefist, etc.

Keep in mind that this spec is for t6 rift speedrunning where you need to go as fast as possible. For basic t6 rifts, it's so easy to stay alive with double Unity that you don't need Blur or anything else. Storm Armor is used to gain speed while you're getting hit, so you can keep applying Blizzard everywhere. Illusionist is used to reset cooldowns and for movement speed bonus.

This gear is mostly for gr35+ attempts though which is why I have things on there like the secondary roll on the Chest (melee dmg reduction) and the Hydra dmg affixes. Good idea that I should be replacing these for t6 speedruns though, since my build doesn't need them.

I don't use this spec for group play or serious greater rift attempts. It's just to get through t6 rifts as fast as humanly possible.
Sorry, I didn't know you chose this specifically for speed. It looks great regardless!

"cntrl + F immortal king"
umGMiqx.gif

wouldn't be so bad if i could hold more than 500 shards
It sounds nice with unlimited blood shards, but I can't begin to imagine how bad this would be in other ways. D:

ferr

How many caches have you opened, and at what difficulty? With 100% drop rates on T6, I don't see how RORG isn't within easy reach to everyone. It's basically the easiest top-end item to get now.

It's easy to get, but now you need one that comes with a stat that allows you to gem it, and it only has one random primary stat available. So if you want chc/chd on your socketed RoRG, you need one of those three to roll naturally on it so you can re-roll the LPH into chd/chd/socket. So.. I don't know how many options are available for that 1 random primary, let's say 10? If RoRG has a 1 in 5 cache chance of dropping, that's 5*10=50 T6 caches. 10 minutes a cache would be 9 hours of farming, accounting for bio break.

i did almost a 100 caches at normal act 1 runs

Try upping the difficulty to "torment 6"

cdyhybrid

How many caches have you opened, and at what difficulty? With 100% drop rates on T6, I don't see how RORG isn't within easy reach to everyone. It's basically the easiest top-end item to get now.

Yep. Just do bounties for an hour or two and you should get one.

Getting a perfectly rolled one is another discussion, but that goes for anything.

Firemind

Yep. Just do bounties for an hour or two and you should get one.

Getting a perfectly rolled one is another discussion, but that goes for anything.
Hardcore so T6 is not an option unfortunately. I can clear T1 in about 10 minutes. It's just so boring, you know? It doesn't help that I had the pauldrons drop, like, a dozen times. One time I opened five caches at once and had two legendary shoulders drop. smh

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Kadala Blood Shard Rates for Patch 2.1

(Includes seasonal & hardcore)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TLDBV4Um0E/pubhtml?gid=1199554571&single=true

Sorry if this was posted earlier today!

Edit for Trigger Warning: Numbers in link might cause a significant increased lack of motivation!

It's not too disheartening, it's well known that you should never roll weapons (and to a lesser extent rings and amulets). But aside from that, having to spend an average of 2000-6000 blood shards to get most items really isn't that bad...

Xeteh

I'm with you. Over 200 Paragon on both season and non-season and I've never seen a Unity drop once. It is pretty frustrating seeing the same garbage rings over and over.

ferr

It's not too disheartening, it's well known that you should never roll weapons (and to a lesser extent rings and amulets). But aside from that, having to spend an average of 2000-6000 blood shards to get most items really isn't that bad...

For sure. Once Kadala opened up shop, everyone went from crap gear to full set end game gear within 48 hours.

I have one unity and it's okay hopefully another drops soon. I got the smite gem thingy to 25 and 3 pieces of Blackthorn's so I'm clearing T6 pretty easily now.

but I don't think tasker and theo will ever drop. and I've spent every shard since launch on gloves. : (

I'm a little confused as to what I want to be spending my shards on currently. I'm missing a few things like a second unity and a decent Fate of the Fell but those are in two of the worst categories for shards. I'd also like a better hellskull and rorg (one with a slot and some crit damage/chance would be nice) but I'd love to hear any suggestions about my build and what I would benefit from hunting down. I also have a pretty decent amulet that heals me from arcane and a 20%holy 78~crit roll but no socket unless I remove the holy. I seem to suffer from the same wrath problems that all crusaders do and I swap between zealous glare and divine verdict depending on the group I end up with (quick group I use divine verdict for the damage, slow group I need the wrath). For reference I crit for around 45million (I believe).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrTeachwell-6244/hero/51811079

edit: it says cooldown reduction 41% but in game it's at 54.3% and resistances around 900

Decided to make a crusader in seasons as I was getting bored with my seasonal barb since I couldn't get Vile Ward for my Raekor's and I had too little CDR anyway to really make it shine. Decided to craft the blacksmith CDR legs since there was nothing else my crusader could use anyway, which combined with Leoric's helm, got me to about 50% CDR so I could get pretty good uptime on the big cooldowns which helped compensate for bad gear. Also lets you keep the law active effects up nearly all the time too with the passive extra 5 seconds.

Found the Phalanx ring though which is insane. Even if you had 0% CDR, it makes phalanx last as long as its cooldown, and with my 50%, Falling Sword Avatars last as long as the CD too (which is weird because it says just phalanx on the ring). Now to gamble for that phalanx shield and get my minion army rolling. And find a replacement heart slaughter with a better damage roll.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so sick of being mat starved, I play a lot and loot everything but I can't enchant my chest because it needs 50 fucking crystals per roll.

Celegus

I'm so sick of being mat starved, I play a lot and loot everything but I can't enchant my chest because it needs 50 fucking crystals per roll.

Same here. I've been completely out of crystals since 2.1 hit and made sockets in jewelry necessary. Some of them took 20+ rolls. Even now, I have <10. It's definitely been my biggest bottleneck, even worse than topazes.

Same here. I've been completely out of crystals since 2.1 hit and made sockets in jewelry necessary. Some of them took 20+ rolls. Even now, I have <10. It's definitely been my biggest bottleneck, even worse than topazes.

clearly, the way to do it is play like the streamers. 12 hours/day like it's your job. that way you'll have like 5,000 of each mat.

duh.

eek5

You're always the 5th person though haha :)

Seems pretty crazy. I'll hold onto that for a while I guess.

Been trying out my Wizard in T4. I don't think I like the lack of primary attack on TWO characters. I don't mind on my Demon Hunter but doing it on my Wizard as well feels a bit boring. Too much running around and not enough actively participating. I did really like the Archon build but I guess that's not viable in GRifts?

Giever

If there's room, how do I go about joining the US clan? I tried joining the GAF community to ask from there, but my approval has been pending for days. :S

Sentry DH Friend rolled a taskers from kadala in my game. He was so happy. So there is hope out there for DH players.

Haven't found my cassius belt or the star amulet yet so I said fuck it and equipped blackthorne belt and ammy (crit damage/crit % with socket), and its actually really nice to get three piece with blackthorne because of rorg. Going to have a hard time justifying breaking it until I get both cassisus and the ammy.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
One more week to go on my vacation here. Glad I added officers before I left, lol, most of the wi-fi connections around here restrict ports so I can't connect with D3. If the ship wi-fi allowed it then I'd probably disconnect immediately due to that 3 second satellite internet ping, heh.

Feel free to add folks and fill up the open spots.

Hey guys, I just started playing RoS and was reading about season legendaries.

Based on the diablofans wiki, it says that once the season is over, the season legendaries roll over into the regular game and can be found as regular drops.

Is that accurate? Or is it only for legendaries you found in ladder in the first place that become "unlocked" for the normal game?

Thanks!

Tried my first GRift (rank 31). Wasn't TOO bad. I guess there's nothing that can proc Harrington's in these because clickables are usually for loot. So I probably need to replace that belt...

Just got my first legendary gems too.

I could probably tweak this build to do them a bit better. Still using all fire and a slow crossbow.

Ayumi

One more week to go on my vacation here. Glad I added officers before I left, lol, most of the wi-fi connections around here restrict ports so I can't connect with D3. If the ship wi-fi allowed it then I'd probably disconnect immediately due to that 3 second satellite internet ping, heh.

Damn, I'd take a 2 weeks cruise over Diablo 3 any time. I hope you're enjoying yourself!

Hey guys, I just started playing RoS and was reading about season legendaries.

Based on the diablofans wiki, it says that once the season is over, the season legendaries roll over into the regular game and can be found as regular drops.

Is that accurate? Or is it only for legendaries you found in ladder in the first place that become "unlocked" for the normal game?

Thanks!
Both, actually! You get to keep your seasonal Legendaries, and they become regular Leg drops for everyone after. I'm pretty sure this implies that each season will have their own new Legendaries! Though seasonal Legs aren't meant to be ~great~, it'll be interesting to see what they come up with eventually.

Damn, I'd take a 2 weeks cruise over Diablo 3 any time. I hope you're enjoying yourself!

Both, actually! You get to keep your seasonal Legendaries, and they become regular Leg drops for everyone after. I'm pretty sure this implies that each season will have their own new Legendaries! Though seasonal Legs aren't meant to be ~great~, it'll be interesting to see what they come up with eventually.

Sweet, thanks for the answer!

I went on a cruise a couple of weeks ago it was like $100 for 100 minutes of internet.

I don't need Diablo 3 that bad.

ZenaxPure

Though seasonal Legs aren't meant to be ~great~, it'll be interesting to see what they come up with eventually.

Wouldn't really say that's true honestly. Based on GR progress the Condemned build with the Crusader seasonal item is stronger than pretty much everything they have except the Stampede build right now (which it isn't far behind really). Monk one could have been strong but they nerfed it (by half iirc) and the barbarian one would be great if they just made slight adjustments to it. The wizard and demon hunter items are more utility based and the witch doctor one... well yeah that one just ended up useless.

Basically my point is the power level on the items is just kind of random. I'm sure next season there will be a few items that are top tier like the Condemned shield and probably a few stinkers. Going forward seasons will probably be the place where most new legendaries come from simply because there will be more seasons than there will content patches. Pretty much guaranteed to have another season before the next major patch but based on the speed (or lack of) 2.1 came out I wouldn't be surprised if there was 2 or 3 more seasons before the next content patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom