• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarazet

Oh was this a recent change? For some reason I seem to recall seeing a rorg with crit chance and cooldown reduction (maybe just in my dreams). So a 'top tier' RORG would be max main stat max att speed and life on hit rerolled to a socket or crit?

The ideal is max MS, max IAS, LOH and the last stat being either a socket, CHD, CHC or CDR. Then reroll LOH to another one of those four. The socket is pretty much mandatory, but which other stat you prefer to take depends on what you need at the moment. Most classes have high-end builds that call for high CDR these days, so if you are going for one of those and you can get 7-8% CDR, take it. Otherwise, look for 6% CHC or 45%+ CHD.

Negator

So this happened today. D:

h7uXM2j.jpg

Anyone have tips on top 3 gems for a cookie cutter firebird wizard build? I've been running efficacious, powerful, and trapped because I had them at rank 25 from another character, but I have a nagging feeling I could squeeze more damage with the more exotic gems.

The ideal is max MS, max IAS, LOH and the last stat being either a socket, CHD, CHC or CDR. Then reroll LOH to another one of those four. The socket is pretty much mandatory, but which other stat you prefer to take depends on what you need at the moment. Most classes have high-end builds that call for high CDR these days, so if you are going for one of those and you can get 7-8% CDR, take it. Otherwise, look for 6% CHC or 45%+ CHD.

Thanks, I'm gonna continue looking for a replacement RORG and hopefully build up a few gemstones so that I can actually reroll it when I get it. The gemstone drought continues for me.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
It's a RNG battle with every class really. Monks have to skip Electrified/Fire chain mobs too while also praying for good density/type and particular RGs. It's definitely most extreme for Barbs but this is just the reality of GRs... it's just a big RNG fest.

You mean every class except wizard and DH who have insane single target AND aoe damage, and have the tools to avoid taking damage which is how higher GR's seem to be balanced. Neither depend on a gimmick and the 1/1000 rift to consistently clear GR's in the 40s. You'll never convince me that barbs are better than either of these guys because of a conduit pylon and the barb toolkit and raekor's set that allows you to abuse these pylons. Take pylons completely out of GR's or make the effect immediately expire upon rift guardian spawn, and balance from there.

Dahbomb

Wizards also require that 1/1000 Rift to clear past a certain GR. If they didn't then there would be thousands of Wizards past GR 40. That's the case for pretty much every class except DHs because their Sentries are clearly over powered so they can more consistently clear GR 40s.

Also they shouldn't just take out Pylon buffs when the RG spawns... they should take them out of GRs completely. Getting a Conduit buff allows you to fill your bar a lot faster especially if you can get 2-3 champ packs to come close to that location. It's pretty much gaming the system and it skewers the performance of a run.

They also need to greatly keep the densities in line with each other. Too much variance on that front as well. The whole system is a mess that really shouldn't be taken that seriously outside of being a wall that you pound your character against to see test their limits.

ZenaxPure

and have the tools to avoid taking damage which is how higher GR's seem to be balanced.

This is why I wish damage was capped at some point as you moved up GRs. It bothers me that the way classes avoid damage is so different but there becomes a clearly best option as monster damage gets higher. Barbarians, crusaders, and to a lesser degree monk (lesser degree because blizzard has been shifting their design around over the expansion) are all designed to face tank damage by still taking the damage, but, mitigating it through natural damage reduction (30% less than the other classes) and defensive skills like iron skin, ignore pain, war cry, crusader laws, etc. Problem is those options don't scale very well as you go up GRs while the insane CC wizards have and stuff like smoke screen/vault still work wonders.

It's kinda unhealthy for build variation to be honest. If you look at Crusaders right now the only reason Stampede is so popular is because it is a ranged build. If you look at the overall damage of Stampede and Holy Shotgun, Stampede only offers ~100 higher weapon damage compared to Holy Shotgun (about 2800% compared to 2900%) but Stampede is way better just because you can deal damage to things not even on the screen and stun them. Holy Shotgun would get a lot more use if mobs on GR 40 didn't deal such ridiculous damage.

ZenaxPure

Would give people an excuse to not use Unity any more.

That too. It's kinda silly that they went out of their way to make some rings really good in terms of just raw stats (by giving them 5 affixes) and then made it so Unity is required for going up GR ranks, it's not really even an option in most cases.

Ayumi

500 crit dmg (exactly) and 58.8 crit chance.
Remember that a 1:10 ratio would be idea for CC/CHD. I'm not sure if people set a max to start focusing on other things though.

Took me 35 maces, shoulders, amulets and bracers before I got RRoG...
You were extremely unlucky, if that's true. D:

I am not going to lie, just got a RORG after 3 bags lol, it's not very good tho.
Yeah.. the drop rate might have increased significantly, but most of them are trash.

Damn doing pretty swell on my Wizard, got a firebird source, the wand that summons two hydras and the crystal ball already. What kind of stats does a wizard prioritize on their sources?
Some put skill damage there (Hydra or Blizzard) but most put CC from what I've seen at least.

Ah ok.
Mine says:
476 Dex
IAS 5%
6592 LOH
Reduce Resource 7%

Not that good, but I guess I have to enchant LOH for CC or CHD right?
If I were you, if you already do great damage, I would reroll LOH for a socket and put a Legendary gem in it. It seems that in end game, it would be ideal to have both your rings and your amulet socketed with Legendary gems. If you don't care for that right now and just want to up your damage, CC would be good (assuming your CC/CHD ratio is good).

I am already in the community. Is there anyway I can get in the guild too? Naturalhigh#1102
If you're Paragon 100 or above, I'll be more than happy to add you. Can you add me to your friend list so I can invite you when you're online? Ayumi#2458

Working on my Crusader as I can't decide/don't have time at the moment to figure out where to go with my DH and Monk. If I get a socket gift before I find a better weapon would this be worth using it on and rolling the current socket to X% damage? Note: not really following a build atm, just working on getting lighting damage items so not sure how much that holy damage is effecting my damage output.

EDIT: Sorry, large image. Forget its huge when screenshotting on a 4k monitor.

Ayumi

Working on my Crusader as I can't decide/don't have time at the moment to figure out where to go with my DH and Monk. If I get a socket gift before I find a better weapon would this be worth using it on and rolling the current socket to X% damage?

If I were you, I would wait to use the Rama's Gift for a weapon you could be satisfied with as your "final weapon". Someone in this thread once suggested me to not use my first Rama's Gift until I got a second spare one. I really wish I had listened to that person. :(

Edit:
The top weapons on the ladder right now are:

Monk: Flying Dragon
DH: Etrayu/Bombadier's Rucksack

Check out these for popular weapons/skills/general gear for all classes:

http://www.diabloprogress.com/
http://diablo.somepage.com/

Addnan

This game hates me. At least I now have somewhat decent weapons. I need gold ;_; Wish I could get into one of those goblin things. Doing key runs with a friend and I swear he got keys every other run and it would not give me any.

HKJfPpv.png
rq3Gyho.png

If I were you, I would wait to use the Rama's Gift for a weapon you could be satisfied with as your "final weapon". Someone in this thread once suggested me to not use my first Rama's Gift until I got a second spare one. I really wish I had listened to that person. :(

That's fair and sounds smart. I guess I just don't know whether that weapon is actually any good, probably a better question instead of the asking about the gift.

Ayumi

New Legendary Gems in a Future Patch
employee.gif

Great discussion going on here, guys.

Regarding Chrono's second point, we do have plans to add more Legendary Gems to the game in the future, including those that are more defense-oriented. We don't have a time frame to share for when the next batch of Legendary Gems will be added just yet, though.

In the meantime, we've been keeping a close eye on your gem suggestions, so if you've got an idea...let us know!
Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14422562361?page=3#46

Not Enough Monsters in Rift
(Edited to shorten down text - you can read the whole post in the source below.)
employee.gif

In recent weeks we have seen reports of players encountering Nephalem Rifts or Greater Rifts that seemingly cannot be completed due to lack of monsters. If possible, we would like to gather a little bit more information from you about the circumstances in which you encountered an issue like this.

If you have encountered a situation where you could not complete a Rift due to a lack of sufficient monsters left to fill your progress bar, please reply to this thread.

I just want to note and clarify that we are not soliciting opinions on density, suggestions for balance improvements, or any other type of feedback. We are looking for additional information to help us identify any remaining situations in which you could be put into a position to not be able to complete a rift at all, specifically because there are not enough monsters remaining in the Rift to fill the progress bar. Reports of instances where you simply ran out of time, or were forced to explore more of the map to find additional monsters are not what we are looking for.

That said, this is not to say that this kind of feedback isn't appreciated. The bug report forum is simply is not the place for it. I hope that helps clarify what we are looking for. Thank you for your understanding and assistance in this.

Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14527982734?page=1#1

Bogeypop

Well got these two yesterday within technically 20 minutes of each other(took an hour and a half break after the first one, came back and got the second one in the aforementioned timeframe)

^ and the cherry on the cake

thuGG_pl

I LIVE FOR MOMENTS LIKE THESE. Just a few hours ago I posted about regetting using my first one!

Told you, Blizzard is spying on our internet activity and brains.

You're telling me that you only had 2 of those? I thought these are pretty common I had about 10-11.

Celegus

You're telling me that you only had 2 of those? I thought these are pretty common I had about 10-11.

I've gone from paragon 300 to 450 since 2.1 and have only found 3. Yes they're rare, and you must be ridiculously lucky. Play with me and donate if you find too many!

StMeph

That too. It's kinda silly that they went out of their way to make some rings really good in terms of just raw stats (by giving them 5 affixes) and then made it so Unity is required for going up GR ranks, it's not really even an option in most cases.

There's no room for 5-affix rings with how good RORG, SOJ, and Unity are. Unless you wear full 6/6 and forgo Unity, only then would you have an extra ring slot.

Working on my Crusader as I can't decide/don't have time at the moment to figure out where to go with my DH and Monk. If I get a socket gift before I find a better weapon would this be worth using it on and rolling the current socket to X% damage? Note: not really following a build atm, just working on getting lighting damage items so not sure how much that holy damage is effecting my damage output.

The weapon's +damage element type doesn't affect abilities, only your white damage melee attack. And Gifts are scarce enough to wait for better weapons on.

I've gone from paragon 300 to 450 since 2.1 and have only found 3. Yes they're rare, and you must be ridiculously lucky. Play with me and donate if you find too many!

I've gotten 7. Gave one away, two still sitting in bank right now.

thuGG_pl

Wow, I went from 322 to 416. I have one left, I better save it for some special weapon then :)

ferr

I LIVE FOR MOMENTS LIKE THESE. Just a few hours ago I posted about regetting using my first one!

Got two this morning back to back. Stealth drop rate buff?

iirate

Got two this morning back to back. Stealth drop rate buff?

I think it's just the usual RNG we should all be used to now. My friend and I have played to ~paragon 200 this season - he's seen 1, I've now seen 4. We both got Furnaces the same day, but I still haven't seen a Flying Dragon.

Ayumi

Yeah... RIP Battle.net.

They had some website connectivity issues earlier today. I just lagged out of the game with nearly 3000 ms lag. :<

I have a friend who's played Diablo 3 since the day it was released. He's never quit. On the other hand, I took a pretty long break a little while back and just started playing again a few days ago. He hasn't found a single Ramaladni's Gift, whereas I've found 2 in just a few days.

Fucking RNG man....

Ayumi

I have a friend who's played Diablo 3 since the day it was released. He's never quit. On the other hand, I took a pretty long break a little while back and just started playing again a few days ago. He hasn't found a single Ramaladni's Gift, whereas I've found 2 in just a few days.

Fucking RNG man....

If you're a good friend, you don't tell him. Especially not if you get another one!

Edit:

Dang.. I didn't know IAS could stack on rings? I rerolled res into IAS, and since it already had it, it just added the number into the other stat (so now I have 15% on that ring). Is it just the Oculus ring?

From my experience they drop the most in grifts. I dont do much grifts either but i found like 6 of them in grifts 3 with bounties and 3 in T6 rifts.

If you're a good friend, you don't tell him. Especially not if you get another one!

Well I didn't know he never found one until I told him about mine :\

I also found a vault my first day back. Apparently he killed a butt-ton of goblins back when there was some double goblin event and still never found a vault. Not sure if I'm extremely lucky or this game hates him.

thuGG_pl

From my experience they drop the most in grifts. I dont do much grifts either but i found like 6 of them in grifts 3 with bounties and 3 in T6 rifts.

I can confirm it, most of them are from GR. I think GR's are best way to farm for legs, there's almost always 2-3 legendaries at level 27-30. I think running normal rifts is not worth it, very rarely I get a leg drop.

Celegus

I can confirm it, most of them are from GR. I think GR's are best way to farm for legs, there's almost always 2-3 legendaries at level 27-30. I think running normal rifts is not worth it, very rarely I get a leg drop.

I've done a ton of grifts but never found a gift in one. All three of mine actually came from chests in a T6 rift.

Separate question - is trying to go arcane instead of fire on wizard a fool's errand? Any viable builds? I have a ridiculously godlike Gesture of Orpheus that would like a home, but firebird so good.

ferr

Edit:

Dang.. I didn't know IAS could stack on rings? I rerolled res into IAS, and since it already had it, it just added the number into the other stat (so now I have 15% on that ring). Is it just the Oculus ring?

Yes, Oculus is special.

I feel the opposite on that. I get about 5 legs per run on T6 rifts. The only reason I run grifts is to upgrade gems. It also take a little longer, and the trial portion is annoying.

Armaros

I've done a ton of grifts but never found a gift in one. All three of mine actually came from chests in a T6 rift.

Separate question - is trying to go arcane instead of fire on wizard a fool's errand? Any viable builds? I have a ridiculously godlike Gesture of Orpheus that would like a home, but firebird so good.

Sadly atm, nothing matches Firebirds for Wizard.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
It's kinda unhealthy for build variation to be honest. If you look at Crusaders right now the only reason Stampede is so popular is because it is a ranged build. If you look at the overall damage of Stampede and Holy Shotgun, Stampede only offers ~100 higher weapon damage compared to Holy Shotgun (about 2800% compared to 2900%) but Stampede is way better just because you can deal damage to things not even on the screen and stun them. Holy Shotgun would get a lot more use if mobs on GR 40 didn't deal such ridiculous damage.

Yep, I tried the Roland's crusader set for one torment 6 rift, and immediately said "nope," and went back to akkarat's. Both have comparable damage, but roland's has 1/10th the survivability, it was awful.

Celegus

Yep, I tried the Roland's crusader set for one torment 6 rift, and immediately said "nope," and went back to akkarat's. Both have comparable damage, but roland's has 1/10th the survivability, it was awful.

It can work fine for blasting through T6, but GR30+ just completely falls apart. Which is a shame because it's quite fun. I tried some GR33 rifts last night with my spinny barb, and often just had to spin off to the side and let my fire chains / CotA dudes do most of the work (though that's where my most of my damage comes from anyway). Melee just goes squish.

Firemind

It can work fine for blasting through T6, but GR30+ just completely falls apart. Which is a shame because it's quite fun. I tried some GR33 rifts last night with my spinny barb, and often just had to spin off to the side and let my fire chains / CotA dudes do most of the work (though that's where my most of my damage comes from anyway). Melee just goes squish.
They really should rework blocking. For the life of me I can't fathom why they let it stay the same with the introduction of grifts. It's useless in its current state. It's not like improving blocking will break the game, since grifts are bound to a timer.

Aside from barbarian balance issues, I just wish blizzard would re evaluate the class specific stuff. Its really cool playing my wizard and finding stuff like a wand that summons 2 hydras or the orb that shoots 3 magic missiles, I can't think of any mighty weapons besides the new seasonal that does something useful and unique on hit. The belts are slightly more useful with pride of cassius and lamentation. All the high rift builds don't even use spenders, and now the top grifter even recommends not slotting frenzy. An inherent spender bonus on mighty weapons or maybe with weapon master would be excellent, but I feel like spenders are underwhelming even baseline.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Aside from barbarian balance issues, I just wish blizzard would re evaluate the class specific stuff. Its really cool playing my wizard and finding stuff like a wand that summons 2 hydras or the orb that shoots 3 magic missiles, I can't think of any mighty weapons besides the new seasonal that does something useful and unique on hit. The belts are slightly more useful with pride of cassius and lamentation. All the high rift builds don't even use spenders, and now the top grifter even recommends not slotting frenzy. An inherent spender bonus on mighty weapons or maybe with weapon master would be excellent, but I feel like spenders are underwhelming even baseline.

Yeah they've already said they want to add more barb-specific legendaries, 2.1 brought a few, but I'm expecting more in future patches.

Shifty76

Whoever said "bitching about drops on GAF is real" is correct.

Spent the entire day Saturday trying for that Avarice band on T6 A3 caches. Ended up with 200+ rift frags but no Avarice band.

Did a quick run on my DH (on T4) last night and figured I'd do the A3 bounties before shutting it down for the night. Got the Avarice Band on the first and only run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom