• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

Whoa whoa, yeah. Don't ruin a nice Furnace by keeping the Vit on there. Roll that away for damage%. Your weapon is not a place you should be looking for defensive stats, especially Vit. Weapons roll higher numbers than most other slots for offensive stats, so you want to utilize that.

av2k

Bah, the grind of trying for a godly weapon is getting to me. Think I'm going to pick up a Witch Doctor so I can share gear with my Wizard.

Useful chart that someone made for DH sentry breakpoints.

GNkLjIu.png

ferr

Useful chart that someone made for DH sentry breakpoints.

Interesting to see the difference in the range for TnT 40-50% for 2.84bp.

50% TnT 2.84bp = 1.90aps required
40% TnT 2.84bp = 2.05aps required
Diff of 0.15aps.

Depending on your weapon of choice and whether it has +AS on it would determine how much the gap is worth in IAS. If you have a bow (1.4aps) with +7%AS affix (1.5aps):
1% IAS = 0.015aps. 10% IAS = 0.15aps. So, that little 0.15aps translates to 10% IAS that you no longer need which is about the amount you'd receive from an IAS affix.

Shifty76

So as part of the 2.1.1 patch they're reducing the jewelry reroll gem level to imperial...which would be FANTASTIC...if I hadn't spent all weekend rolling my 1k+ stacks of marquise up to flawless imperials (now have 150-200 flawless imperials of ALL kinds, even topaz) which are useless for anything but rolling into flawless royals...

smashism

This question probably gets asked a lot but I can't find a solid answer.

How many levels apart can 2 players be in co op before someone is either being power leveled, or not doing any damage, or doing too much, or taking too much, etc.

Celegus

So as part of the 2.1.1 patch they're reducing the jewelry reroll gem level to imperial...which would be FANTASTIC...if I hadn't spent all weekend rolling my 1k+ stacks of marquise up to flawless imperials (now have 150-200 flawless imperials of ALL kinds, even topaz) which are useless for anything but rolling into flawless royals...

Ouch. Glad I never did that, I assumed some kind of changing was incoming.

This question probably gets asked a lot but I can't find a solid answer.

How many levels apart can 2 players be in co op before someone is either being power leveled, or not doing any damage, or doing too much, or taking too much, etc.

Actually it never gets asked because everything below 70 is kind of meh. It really doesn't take long to hit max level and be on a more equal playing field. Probably within 10 levels though? It's been a long long time.

Oh my, the patch is great for the small changes they implemented. I'm particularly fond of the Electrified affix having an internal cooldown now. My Monk won't completely get wrecked when he goes in.

Popnbake

Any tips from the Barbarians here on what I should focus on in improving my Raekor build?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Death-1665/hero/34185822

Currently aiming for Leoric's Crown through Kadala and hunting for a better weapon.
Also need another Unity and a SoJ.

Great news.

Not too many amazing changes. Nothing about monster density in some of the rifts. Sometimes you can walk 30 seconds without seeing a single mob. That shit needs fixed.

kadala was my main source of arcane dust and veiled crystals. :lol

Yeeah.... going to have to start picking up more junk in rifts :(

Anyone mind pasting the text here, please? Gaming sites are blocked at my work.

CLASSES

General
Pets - Philosophy
We want pet survivability to be roughly equivalent to the player that summoned them
Many monster attacks that are intended to be avoided by players, and weren't already dealing reduced damage to pets, now deal significantly less damage to pets

Crusader
Shield Bash
Can now be interrupted during the hit animation

Witch Doctor

Fetish Army - Fetish Life has been greatly increased
Fetish movement speed has been significantly increased
Fetish leash range has been slightly increased

Gargantuan - Gargantuan is now summoned at the location of your mouse cursor
Summon animation speed has been increased

Spirit Walk - No longer cancels early when the physical body that is left behind takes enough damage

Summon Zombie Dogs - Zombie Dog Life has been greatly increased

Passive Skills
Fetish Sycophants
Fetish Life has been greatly increased
Fetish movement speed has been significantly increased
Fetish leash range has been slightly increased

User Interface
Fetish Army and Fetish Sycophants portrait icons should now display more fitting names on mouseover
Bug Fixes
Pets are now properly affected by Shield Pylons

ITEMS

Wizard - Firebird's Finery
The infinite DoT debuff should now have a unique effect when it is applied

Legendary Gems
Boon of the Hoarder
The number of Gold piles that explode from enemies on kill has been reduced
To compensate, the amount of Gold in each pile has been increased
The total amount of Gold dropped remains unchanged, but this will noticeably reduce screen clutter

Bug Fixes
The Moratorium secondary power can now be triggered by assists
The Bane of the Trapped damage increase is now properly applied to Frozen enemies
The Gem of Efficacious Toxin poison DoT can now properly be applied by pet attacks

ADVENTURE MODE
Key of Bones, Key of Gluttony, and Key of War are now group drops
Rift Guardians and Greater Rift Guardians now drop more crafting materials

Greater Rifts
The Rift of Trials has received numerous adjustments in an effort to more accurately assess an appropriate level of Greater Rift
Large Aqueduct and Sewer maps will no longer show up in Greater Rifts

Kadala
Philosophy
While Kadala is doing a great job of giving players more control over finding specific items, we felt the current experience was a bit cumbersome and inconvenient
As a result, we're working to reduce the frequency at which players need to run between Kadala and the Blacksmith to salvage unwanted items
The cost to purchase items from Kadala has been greatly increased
The chance for Kadala to drop a Legendary item has also been greatly increased

Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue that could cause Greater Rift Guardians to sometimes drop multiple of the same Legendary Gem

CRAFTING
Mystic
Enchanting
Philosophy
We want players to be able to more reliably add sockets to their jewelry in order to enjoy Legendary Gems
We still have long term plans to provide more outlets for excess gems and more ways to farm gems that a player needs; however, since those changes are further down the road, we wanted to improve the quality of life of Seasonal and Non-Seasonal players alike by making it easier to add a socket to your Rings and Amulets
The cost to enchant jewelry has been reduced from a Flawless Imperial gem to an Imperial gem

MONSTERS
The Electrified monster affix now has a short internal cooldown
The damage of The Butcher's Fan of Spears attack has been slightly reduced
The range of the Charging Beasts' Charge attack has been slightly reduced
Plague Nest Bats have had their health globe drop rate significantly decreased
Maggot Broods no longer start out burrowed in Nephalem Rifts and Greater Rifts
Sand Dwellers no longer start out burrowed in Nephalem Rifts and Greater Rifts
Demonic Hellflyers now run away less frequently and no longer ambush players from the air in Nephalem Rifts and Greater Rifts
Ghosts now run away less frequently and no longer fly through walls in Nephalem Rifts and Greater Rifts
Rockworms can no longer spawn in Nephalem Rifts and Greater Rifts

ferr

^ nvm

Regarding losing out on crafting materials. I hope they balance it correctly. 100 blood shards was 20 veiled crystals before, if rolling gloves/etc. Now that means a T6 RG should drop about 20 veiled crystals?

Ayumi

What's the point of increasing Kadala's shard cost only so we can spend less time salvaging the items? This also means less mats..!

If it was all increased equally (5/1:100) to 10/2:200) there really is no point. So I certainly hope the Legendary increase goes above the shard cost increase (like 10/2:150). I haven't signed on to check the situation yet so if anyone's able to reply and enlighten me how they executed this, I would appreciate it a lot.

ferr

What's the point of increasing Kadala's shard cost only so we can spend less time salvaging the items? This also means less mats..!

If it was all increased equally (5/1:100) to 10/2:200) there really is no point. So I certainly hope the Legendary increase goes above the shard cost increase (like 10/2:150). I haven't signed on to check the situation yet so if anyone's able to reply and enlighten me how they executed this, I would appreciate it a lot.

A blue said that the leg rate is 30% higher now with kadala. so that's a plus.

Travis Day said:
Hey there I see a lot of threads popping up on this topic so I wanted to stop in for a visit and explain the changes. The Kadala change is primarily meant to be a quality of life change for players. Having to fill up your inventory and run back and forth to the blacksmith could be a mildly cumbersome experience and we wanted to improve that. All items on Kadala had their cost increased, when this was done the chance for her to give you items was also increased but by more than the cost justified. For the same number of shards as before players will now walk away with 1/3 more legendary items.

Since we wanted this change to be purely better for players and we know that many people get their crafting materials from Kadala we also decided to add a lot of extra crafting reagent drops to Greater and normal Rift Guardians. The overall impact should be that you are getting roughly the same amount of crafting materials, except instead of getting primarily yellow mats like Kadala gives you, the mats on the Guardians could be white, blue, or yellow. This should help even out the quantities of assorted material types instead of flooding players with just one type like Kadala was inclined to do.

We will continue keeping on eye on all the effects of the changes. If we find that these changes had any meaningful negative impact on the ability for players to generate crafting materials we will make further tuning adjustments to the amount of material dropped by Rift Guardians.

TLDR - You get more items than you used to!

Dahbomb

The Kadala change is bull shit... now I will have less yellow/blue craft mats. The dropa from RG better make up for it!

Edit: NVM Travis touched upon this.

No changes to Rift density either? Weaksauce patch.

joesmokey

Kadala change makes gambling for weapons even worse :(. True you might walk away with more legs spending the same amount of shards, but getting charged more somehow just feels worse. Running two t6 rifts and only being able to get 2-3 weapons is pretty disheartening.

(Yes, I know gambling for weapons always sucked. Sometimes it's the last thing you need though...)

Ayumi

Kadala change makes gambling for weapons even worse :(. True you might walk away with more legs spending the same amount of shards, but getting charged more somehow just feels worse. Running two t6 rifts and only being able to get 2-3 weapons is pretty disheartening.

(Yes, I know gambling for weapons always sucked. Sometimes it's the last thing you need though...)
Nothing wrong/bad with it if you're happy with everything else! Gotta spend the shards before they run out anyway.

Guys, I'm having a hard time calculating if the 30% leg drop increase compensates for the new shard costs. At least the basic 5 to 25. It's 5 AM and I'm in a zombie state.

neoism

And yet they still haven't prevented people from auto-collecting potions when they have a bottomless potion. Once I hit 100 I just toss them on the ground somewhere I wont accidentally pick them back up.

300 hours and still no leg pot so for me the pots stacking higher is awesome lol

cries... :*(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom