• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMarker

Just got done cleaning up some posts on the GAF Community and Clan, hopefully Raticus79 doesn't mind.

Anyways, just a reminder about how to join the community or clan. If you wish to join the community you must be a member of the forum, posting in this very thread helps officers identify you! I'm seeing several join requests for community right now and most of them seem to be lurkers. To join the clan, on top of being a forum member, you must also have minimum Paragon 100 on any mode and a spot has to be available (which we are at 145 members out of 150 as of this post). I'm going to be on all day, so if anyone needs an invite to the community or clan I am available for messaging in-game (IceMarker#1172).

Mordeccai

0/10 legendary weapons from Kadala so far. I think I'm going to give it another 10 rolls, and then call it quits on rolling for weaps. Was interested to see if the buffed drop rate made it more worthwhile to spend shards on them.

Just got done cleaning up some posts on the GAF Community and Clan, hopefully Raticus79 doesn't mind.

Anyways, just a reminder about how to join the community or clan. If you wish to join the community you must be a member of the forum, posting in this very thread helps officers identify you! I'm seeing several join requests for community right now and most of them seem to be lurkers. To join the clan, on top of being a forum member, you must also have minimum Paragon 100 on any mode and a spot has to be available (which we are at 145 members out of 150 as of this post). I'm going to be on all day, so if anyone needs an invite to the community or clan I am available for messaging in-game (IceMarker#1172).

Hey this is liferebooted in game too :p

ZenaxPure

Any tips from the Barbarians here on what I should focus on in improving my Raekor build?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Death-1665/hero/34185822

Currently aiming for Leoric's Crown through Kadala and hunting for a better weapon.
Also need another Unity and a SoJ.

Can't really wear SoJ and Unity if you are going for Raekor anyway (since you want Unity and RoRG). Your gear isn't that bad really, you just need to gamble for a Leoric's Crown and a Pride of Cassius and you are good to go on the required items. You need a Furnace or a Maximus as well, but, that is something that will just come with time I guess.

Tom Penny

Only fix I care about is the jewelry fix. Too bad I wasted countless topaz the last few weeks for nothing :( I would have had 3x the chance. Boo !!! Dope Monk changes as usual.

iirate

Bought 4 bracers, got GG Krelm's and the best zdps Strongarms I've ever seen(Dex, Vit, LoH, Armor, Lightning Resist, 30% debuff, every single stat is near max).

Thanks Kadala!

IceMarker

Awesome patch, looking forward to playing tomorrow.

A 33% increased chance at legendaries is bad?

I suppose not, but now getting shards from bounties is even more insignificant, making it harder to roll in the first place. You have to do higher level/difficulty Rifts to get shards at a decent rate now.

IceMarker

mJfR1xY.jpg

We have fun

cdyhybrid

Got my second and third pairs of Roland's shoulders and a pair of Invoker's shoulders in the same rift.

Of course, they all got salvaged immediately.

Popnbake

Can't really wear SoJ and Unity if you are going for Raekor anyway (since you want Unity and RoRG). Your gear isn't that bad really, you just need to gamble for a Leoric's Crown and a Pride of Cassius and you are good to go on the required items. You need a Furnace or a Maximus as well, but, that is something that will just come with time I guess.

Okay, aiming for the belt as well then.

Found a Maximus and added a gift along with rerolling the vit to 10% cdr until I can find a crown then reroll for dmg %.

Thanks for the reply.

I like the pet changes. Fetishes feel great now that they run past you to tank/block mobs. Before they moved at snails pace so you'd have to run ahead mobs to get them to surround quicker. Felt strange killing GR34 flame maiden RG with fetishes.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The official forums are a hoot right now, so many idiots who don't understand Kadala was actually buffed, the rage is amazing. People are literally losing their shit over a buff. The only thing anyone can be angry about is the reduction in materials gained overall, as the Guardians are not dropping enough to compensate like they're supposed to.

Dahbomb

The official forums are a hoot right now, so many idiots who don't understand Kadala was actually buffed, the rage is amazing. People are literally losing their shit over a buff. The only thing anyone can be angry about is the reduction in materials gained overall, as the Guardians are not dropping enough to compensate like they're supposed to.
It's hard to gauge whether the Legendary drop rate was buffed or not. There have been times where Blizzard has said something like this only it turns out it's not exactly what they promised and they respond with stuff like "not working as intended".

The crafting mats is an obvious nerf. That's a big drop in quality of life because Kadala was a stable source of yellow mats with the occasional blue. It's a big hassle trying to pick up items during Rifts that are going to get turned into mats anyway.

eek5

After about 20 rifts I'm not sure how I feel about it. It might be a buff but it wasn't really significant and the amount of mats you get is less even with RG dropping some stacks.

joesmokey

While there might be a buff, it definitely takes away the immediate gratification of being able to splurge on items. You're going to get garbage anyway, so why not try to be excited about that next item? When that pool goes from 15 to 5, even with slightly better odds, it doesn't feel anymore rewarding.

I'm not saying the sky is falling, but this feels like a stealth nerf to speed running t6 rifts. Buying weapons feels awful and I can only imagine buying amulets feels worse.

Lain

Finally a second Unity dropped for me yesterday. It could have rolled better (it had only 12% Elite Dmg), but it came with 5% CC and 37% CHD which was nice, so I removed INT for the socket. Hopefully I didn't fuck it up.

ZenaxPure

I won't mind the change so much if they buff the crystal rate from rift guardians. Dust feels fine enough (I seem to get around 30 dust per RG kill) but I get 4 crystals tops, most of the time just 1. I should get more crystals from the RG than I do yellows.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The crafting mats is an obvious nerf. That's a big drop in quality of life because Kadala was a stable source of yellow mats with the occasional blue. It's a big hassle trying to pick up items during Rifts that are going to get turned into mats anyway.

The dev said Guardians should be dropping more to compensate but they're not from what I've read, so if it's broken they'll fix it I'm sure.

Dahbomb

The dev said Guardians should be dropping more to compensate but they're not from what I've read, so if it's broken they'll fix it I'm sure.
The Guardians don't drop enough Yellow mats to compensate. And right now I haven't tested Kadala enough to know if the buff is real or not.

Basically it's a definite nerf to crafting mats drop versus probable buff to Kadala chances.

Ayumi

Holy fuck. SWK autoscript saved my wrists.

Wouldn't that basically be cheating?
It is.

Is it bannable? Yes.
Will you get banned? Probably not. But maybe.

Keep in mind that anything automating your character or playing the game for you is bannable.

As we've said in the past, playing Diablo III legitimately means playing with an unaltered game client. We strongly recommend that you avoid using any third-party software which interacts with Diablo III—even if you are accessing that software from a reputable third-party site—as doing so can result in permanent ban from the game.
Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7810825/Diablo_III_Players_Banned-11_8_2012

Automated SWK Monk: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12113791364

Dahbomb

It's been a thing for quite some time. I have known about it for more than a couple of weeks but never did it because it would get me banned. I guess it has gotten some recent traction.

As a SWK Monk player... there is no reason NOT to use the autoscript except if you are scared of getting banned. If there was no banning based on this autoscript then everyone SHOULD use it not just because it's more efficient but it's simply better on your fingers/wrists and will prevent you from getting carpal's tunnel.

Ayumi

It's been a thing for quite some time. I have known about it for more than a couple of weeks but never did it because it would get me banned. I guess it has gotten some recent traction.

As a SWK Monk player... there is no reason NOT to use the autoscript except if you are scared of getting banned. If there was no banning based on this autoscript then everyone SHOULD use it not just because it's more efficient but it's simply better on your fingers/wrists and will prevent you from getting carpal's tunnel.

No I get ya, I'm a Woh wizard with tons of CDR. lol

I know there are scripts and macros I can and want to use for it, but I choose not to so I can be on the safe side.

Thank you to everyone who were kind enough to let me tag along on those T6 rifts. Man, they can be brutal...

Though some players just fly through them like a hot knife on butter.

Ayumi

Yea there are definitely some players who could easily move up to T7 if it existed. T6 is a good challenge for most players though.

Pretty much most of the top players could play T10+ if it existed.

Edit: But we'll never know.. there's no real Torment to GR conversion beyond 25. :v

thuGG_pl

I'm really happy about keys group farming change. Now in 4 people group it should take 10-20 minutes to create 4 Infernal Machines.

Blade of Prophecy + the seasonal Condemn shield may be the most fun i've had in Diablo. Holy shitsnacks, its amazing. Just melting Torment 5, and when i get full 6p Akkan, T6 is going to just fall over.

It is.

Is it bannable? Yes.
Will you get banned? Probably not. But maybe.

Keep in mind that anything automating your character or playing the game for you is bannable.

My experience with Blizzard made me think so. I remember when Healbot could basically play the game for you Blizzard banned some well known players and made some changes that prevented the game from allowing you to do that. I don't play SWK on my Monk--need 1 more SWK piece and a Gift for the FD I found--but even if I did I probably wouldn't use any scripts as a precaution.

Haven't seen it mentioned here yet but it seems like they messed with the trials quite a bit. Used to be able to get 47 or 48 keys in a 4 man and now barely getting 40.

Solo isn't quite as bad but it was still adjusted. Used to get 45 or 46 and now I can only get 42. This will make leveling gems a bit more difficult/tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom