• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

It is.

Is it bannable? Yes.
Will you get banned? Probably not. But maybe.

Keep in mind that anything automating your character or playing the game for you is bannable.

Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7810825/Diablo_III_Players_Banned-11_8_2012

Automated SWK Monk: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12113791364

None of the top ranked players in the world aren't autokeying so I guess I'll wait until they drop the hammer. Hopefully not on me lol Playing the game and not having fun because you're in physical pain I'd say isn't worth playing anyway.

thuGG_pl

How is it different now? The patch note was pretty vague.

Till now if you were in a group (say 4), the key would drop independently for each group member (I could get one but other member not).
Now if you see that key dropped, then you know everybody gets it. This is how it worked for Key of Evil, and now it also works that way for other keys.

So, creating a Hellfire Amulet is way less tedious in a group. The best way is to farm in a group of 4. Let's say that your group is lucky and in first pass every Keywarden dropped the key. That means that in this group everyone has the key, so every one of the group can craft Infernal Machine. So in fact you can create 4 of them, and therefore you can kill 4 Ubers, therefore you can craft Hellfire Amultet:)
The chance for the key to be dropped on T6 is 50%, so on average to get all 4 keys, I think the group would need to do 2 key farming runs. Which is still very good.

I hope I didn't confuse you more:)

StMeph

Haven't seen it mentioned here yet but it seems like they messed with the trials quite a bit. Used to be able to get 47 or 48 keys in a 4 man and now barely getting 40.

Solo isn't quite as bad but it was still adjusted. Used to get 45 or 46 and now I can only get 42. This will make leveling gems a bit more difficult/tedious.

Yeah, definitely noticed that last night. It's clear they tweaked the formula, but it seems to err way too far on the side of caution now, giving lower GR keys than expected.

I managed to beat tier 36 last night. It was a close call. Dying a few times didn't help.

I added in custom engineering and an enforcer gem on my RoRG. This helps put out more DPS in longer battles but it's not as strong taking out trash as I only get down a few turrets.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jim2point0-1220/hero/42736492

Now I need a good Etrayu. Gotta get my turrets doing more dmg. I'm not sure how much I can squeeze out though. I also have no idea how demon hunters survive anything beyond 40 O_O

ferr

Pretty sure they nerfed RG (non-grift) leg drops. I used to always get at least 1 leg off an RG, after maybe 6 runs post-patch I got 0 every time. Anyone else noticing this?

Celegus

Till now if you were in a group (say 4), the key would drop independently for each group member (I could get one but other member not).
Now if you see that key dropped, then you know everybody gets it. This is how it worked for Key of Evil, and now it also works that way for other keys.

So, creating a Hellfire Amulet is way less tedious in a group. The best way is to farm in a group of 4. Let's say that your group is lucky and in first pass every Keywarden dropped the key. That means that in this group everyone has the key, so every one of the group can craft Infernal Machine. So in fact you can create 4 of them, and therefore you can kill 4 Ubers, therefore you can craft Hellfire Amultet:)
The chance for the key to be dropped on T6 is 50%, so on average to get all 4 keys, I think the group would need to do 2 key farming runs. Which is still very good.

Oh cool, that is a good change. I've been burned 5 times already, but maybe my next HF amulet will be good? Should at least make it faster.

Pretty sure they nerfed RG (non-grift) leg drops. I used to always get at least 1 leg off an RG, after maybe 6 runs post-patch I got 0 every time. Anyone else noticing this?

I rarely ever get a legendary from RG, and continue to do so.

Ayumi

They most likely nerfed it with 2.1.0 (I would get 4 Legs per T6 rift on an average. It's definitely way less now, but I don't notice a difference after 2.1.1.

Armaros

I managed to beat tier 36 last night. It was a close call. Dying a few times didn't help.

I added in custom engineering and an enforcer gem on my RoRG. This helps put out more DPS in longer battles but it's not as strong taking out trash as I only get down a few turrets.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jim2point0-1220/hero/42736492

Now I need a good Etrayu. Gotta get my turrets doing more dmg. I'm not sure how much I can squeeze out though. I also have no idea how demon hunters survive anything beyond 40 O_O

Most of those survive in groups with a full tank/crowd control Witch doctor, using the Horrify Legendary mask that adds 8 second root time, also BBV Slam dance adds a massive amount of DPS to sentries.

Found an SoJ for my sorc, was arcane damage, anything but arcane!

Also found a nice neck for my barb, what is higher value, straight up damage (low roll) or strength (good roll). Trying to figure out what to enchant.

taybul

It's been like this since 2.1 hit.

What I've been finding kind of annoying is that so many of my legendaries have been rings. The one time the guardian dropped something last night, it was 2 rings. Greater rifts? Ring + one other item.

ferr

What I've been finding kind of annoying is that so many of my legendaries have been rings. The one time the guardian dropped something last night, it was 2 rings. Greater rifts? Ring + one other item.

Yeah I am definitely seeing a lot of rings drop as well. Maybe it has a skewed chance because of the high number of available rings.

joesmokey

Found an amazing Unity last night:
y5AVf4G.png

All I seem to be able to find are rings, amulets, and belts. I can never find weapons.

w4ttsup

Hey All,

If you could find room in the NA GAF Clan I would love an invite.

Currently playing (a lot) in GAFO and not many people are still active.

Battle Tag: w4ttsup#1736

Cheers!

Ayumi

Hey All,

If you could find room in the NA GAF Clan I would love an invite.

Currently playing (a lot) in GAFO and not many people are still active.

Battle Tag: w4ttsup#1736

Cheers!
Added you to my friendlist - will add to clan once you're online (I'm Ayumi in-game).

Are the drops from the ubers 100% now? I remember I needed 9 sets of keys to make my hell fire ring pre 2.1,if they've changed this then I might actually bother to make an amulet ha.

Hellfire amulets can roll such crappy stats, and then you need to worry about the passive. The odds of getting a good one seem so damn low... and yet... getting a good one could be huge. Uuuuuugh.

cdyhybrid

Finally got Akkhan shoulders after 5 pairs of Roland's and 2 pairs of Invoker's ><

Also got a Maximus on my Wizard. Think I'll just farm blood shards with my T6-capable wizard and gear up my Crusader that way. Just missing Akkhan legs and the Condemn shield.

CodeNfX

I've been playing solo everyday mostly after work and on weekends. It would be great to join the GAF Clan or Community. Non-Season Paragon 289 (I think or close to that).

Battle ID: CodeNfX#1505

I crafted my hellfire amulet today for the first (and last time), had %life, damage, strength, and area damage with weapon master passive. Not terrible, but 8% damage isn't worth losing 20% fire damage and 80% crit bonus.

Keep the strength for sure!

Thanks, slowly getting a grip on enchanting priorities.

Now that Titan is cancelled, what is the likelihood of seeing another D3 Expansion this year? Blizzcon would be pretty dry with just WoD & Legacy of The Void, especially if void doesn't have new multiplayer content.

Some guy gave me two pieces of Marauder last night in a pub game. Chest and helm. I already had the chest but the one he gave me had better rolls. Another guy gave me a really nice Stone of Jordan on my crusader. What a couple of real pals.

Tarazet

Blade of Prophecy + the seasonal Condemn shield may be the most fun i've had in Diablo. Holy shitsnacks, its amazing. Just melting Torment 5, and when i get full 6p Akkan, T6 is going to just fall over.

I tried it, but I got stumped by trying to figure out how to handle movement. I'm too used to being rooted in place when I attack.. being able to Condemn spam on the move feels weird. I like Holy Shotgun a lot more and it also stomps all over T6 even with less than super gear.

eek5

Some guy gave me two pieces of Marauder last night in a pub game. Chest and helm. I already had the chest but the one he gave me had better rolls. Another guy gave me a really nice Stone of Jordan on my crusader. What a couple of real pals.

I tried to give someone a marauder chest the other day and no one responded so i salvaged it and left. Then a min later someone msg'd me and asked me if I still had it. Felt kind of bad lol

ZenaxPure

I tried it, but I got stumped by trying to figure out how to handle movement. I'm too used to being rooted in place when I attack.. being able to Condemn spam on the move feels weird. I like Holy Shotgun a lot more and it also stomps all over T6 even with less than super gear.

Well you can still play standing still if you want. The cool thing about the build and condemn in general is that it has no animation (for your character) so you can still use another attack while using it. That mostly means a generator obviously, so it can contribute to your wrath generation and life per hit while still spamming your biggest attack. I think Zeal is a popular choice but it's been a while since I really read what people were doing with the build nowadays. It's not really as bad as something like SWK since you are only really spamming one button.

SupaNaab

Does anyone notice significantly less Hardcore players?I guess I'm curious if maybe the crowd that would play standard hardcore would also be the same crowd that would unanimously move on to seasoned hardcore? I keep seeing less than 5 people ever played Normal or Torment @70 hardcore. :|

I've been reading that it's only really useful if you can hit the 4.15 breakpoint... which requires attack speed on every single item possible including the Calamity itself. I'm pretty far from hitting that though.

eek5

It's really good for groups if anything. Put on toxic gem or pain enhancer and it procs MfD for you so you can just focus on dropping sentires and keeping your team dmg buff going on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom