• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesmokey

Finally some progress tonight
LFkMyoa.jpg

Gotta admit, as much as the rifts are RNG and the fact that I will never get The Furnace, it feels good to break tier 35 and top 500.

Ayumi

Finally some progress tonight

Gotta admit, as much as the rifts are RNG and the fact that I will never get The Furnace, it feels good to break tier 35 and top 500.

Grats! Once I get a better Sun Keeper, I'm gonna stalk your profile for inspiration. :v

Can anyone help power level my crusader from 62-70?

Also looking to get an invite to the main gaf clan too

Reverence#1521

I'll add you to my friend list and invite you to the clan once you're online. Remember that we have a community too, called "GAF". :3

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Grats! Once I get a better Sun Keeper, I'm gonna stalk your profile for inspiration. :v

I'll add you to my friend list and invite you to the clan once you're online. Remember that we have a community too, called "GAF". :3

Got invited by icemaker, cheers though.

Already a community member :)

Bombless

I found a Sun Keeper the other day...on my Crusader, with STR, life on hit and shitty +elite damage. /cry

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I have a piece of gear that says "items do not take damage" does this include items equipped? If so, damn, that's bad ass if I don't have to pay for repair damage as long as I have the item equipped.

Strider

Ghosts now run away less frequently and no longer fly through walls in Nephalem Rifts and Greater Rifts

Finally! I know it doesn't seem like much but I always found the ghosts to be really annoying. Been waiting on this for a while lol

What do you guys think about these two quivers? The extra sentries are awesome but take a long time to wind up. Chakram spam is definitely more fun to use though. I'm using Helltrapper too if that makes a difference :/

I'm thinking rucksack for high level stuff and spines for faster rift farming? Obviously both need rerolls

taybul

What do you guys think about these two quivers? The extra sentries are awesome but take a long time to wind up. Chakram spam is definitely more fun to use though. I'm using Helltrapper too if that makes a difference :/

I'm thinking rucksack for high level stuff and spines for faster rift farming? Obviously both need rerolls

Just like you already mentioned, rucksack for T6+, spines for farming. You could use paragon points and/or CDR gem in a helm to help put out the sentries faster.

ferr

Bombadier is the endgame quiver used by all M6 sentry DHs. Getting 4-5 sentries up actually doesn't take too long when you've got around 25% cooldown reduction.. maybe 4s per sentry. It helps a lot. Re-roll that to get sentry damage, though.

The only alternative quiver people use is meticulous bolts which is for a lightning build.

Addnan

After many hours of grinding I finally have my first hellfire amulet. It's better than what I had previously so that's good but not sure how it compares to others.
OpR7pBh.png

taybul

whats so good about Etrayu?

edit: nm I see it has cold % damage

Yeah I'm still trying to decide myself which is better. With the Calamity you apply a 20% boost on ALL damage PLUS has the added benefit of having a high attack speed (1.6 APS base). With Etrayu you get +(<=20)% on only cold, I think higher average damage per shot, but slower (1.4 APS). Assuming you have TnT it's easier to hit the 4.15+ BP with Calamity. Despite this a lot of the top DHs use the Etrayu. Not exactly sure why.

ferr

Yeah I'm still trying to decide myself which is better. With the Calamity you apply a 20% boost on ALL damage PLUS has the added benefit of having a high attack speed (1.6 APS base). With Etrayu you get +(<=20)% on only cold, I think higher average damage per shot, but slower (1.4 APS). Assuming you have TnT it's easier to hit the 4.15+ BP with Calamity. Despite this a lot of the top DHs use the Etrayu. Not exactly sure why.

Not sure why either. It's especially strange that top DHs that are using 1H are using Helltrapper. ie http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Chastiefol-1470/hero/44580929 Maybe Helltrapper's affix is able to proc from sentry hits while Calamity cannot? Or is it just the fact that getting 2 sentries out of Helltrapper > MfD'ing mobs. In that build you lose the 2 sentries that Bombadier provides, but gain it back with Helltrapper's proc.

Even with 50% taskers, hitting the 4.15 breakpoint is extremely difficult. Currently impossible with the gear I have now. You need attack speed on EVERYTHING, so you're going to be sacrificing some dmg.

1H xbows don't hit as hard as bows, so unless you're at a higher breakpoint, 1H xbox are simply worse. The 20% dmg boost is probably enough to make up for that difference, but then Etrayu has up to 20% cold dmg. Not to mention I'd lose even more dmg on the Calamity by rolling off DMG for IAS.

Sentry attacks don't proc MFD either, so you have to do it yourself. Trying to multishot everything would drain hatred so damn fast.

As is, I wouldnt even use the Calamity over my Windforce.

ferr

Even with 50% taskers, hitting the 4.15 breakpoint is extremely difficult. Currently impossible with the gear I have now. You need attack speed on EVERYTHING, so you're going to be sacrificing some dmg.

1H xbows don't hit as hard as bows, so unless you're at a higher breakpoint, 1H xbox are simply worse. The 20% dmg boost is probably enough to make up for that difference, but then Etrayu has up to 20% cold dmg. Not to mention I'd lose even more dmg on the Calamity by rolling off DMG for IAS.

Sentry attacks don't proc MFD either, so you have to do it yourself. Trying to multishot everything would drain hatred so damn fast.

As is, I wouldnt even use the Calamity over my Windforce.

Sentry attacks do proc Calamity's MfD if you have the Pain Enhancer gem apparently. Probably a bug. I don't see high ranking DHs using PE. I would think anything would proc in combination with PE if this was a desired effect. Toxic gem also seems to sentry-proc.

It is definitely hard to get to 4.15, I think you need 65% IAS to achieve it. Lots of dmg sacrificing with all that IAS.

yamo

Don't know anything about Crusader end-game as I hit lvl 70 on PC for the first time yesterday. So i'm not sure if that is applicable to me as a crusader.

Still, i'm leaning towards re-rolling life per hit anyway as I prefer to be pro-active. Feels better losing as little life as possible to begin with, instead of trying to re gain lost life as fast as possible.

joesmokey

I have been debating on gambling for a better Sun Keeper since it has better odds rather than just spending everything on the furnace. Probably makes sense to only try for the furnace?

I think I should start trying to get my gems to mid-high lvl 30 though. I'm assuming that will help make a difference. I'm not sure how some people have high lvl 40 gems.

Playing T6 with the monk last night pretty much confirms that I'm probably never going to acquire SWK gear or that elusive flying dragon. *shakes fist at RNG*

Addnan

Well I don't know the usefulness of this just yet but it looks pretty cool when running around, seeing bolts of lightning fly out of me.

xXOwwkZ.png

Xeteh

I've been trying to get a better RORG for the last two days... I'm on a pretty decent streak of not getting rings so its getting frustrating but considering how awful the one my WD is wearing is I'm sticking with it.

First time opting to upgrade a gem last night(lighting gem), didn't realize you forfeit the greater keystone. Not sure why I had it in my head that you get a chance at upgrading the gem and also keep the keystone to just repeat that same level of difficulty.

Worst thing is it took me 6 T2 rifts on my Crusader to get the greater key drop and normal leg drops seem to be nerfed to the ground in rifts now.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The Rift Guardian crafting mat buff is a lie.

Also having to roll 50 yellow mats for a chest roll is fucking bull shit.

I'm getting 20 - 30 blue mats from Guardians, but only 1 - 5 yellow, it seems they forgot to buff crystals.

Holy crap Lightning DH made 45 GR! And that is without a Pylon!

And it doesn't have Cluster Arrow/Ballistics on the skill bar. Unbelievable!

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/di.../93880-world-rank-1-solo-dh-tier-45-no-pylons

Impressive build. No Bombardier Rucksack, uses Meticulous Bolts and Helltrapper.

I would give me left nut for that Rift/density.

Dahbomb

I'm getting 20 - 30 blue mats from Guardians, but only 1 - 5 yellow, it seems they forgot to buff crystals.
Yeah my experience is the same. Blues are good but yellow is poverty status at the moment.

eek5

The new dagger for 10 stacks of soul harvest worth using for Jade Harvester?

No. Useless because you dump your SH stacks. So you could get 10 then you'd dump them all the next time you use it for 1 etc. If they kept stacking it'd be amazing but 1 overrides 10 so no, it is useless.

Playing T6 with the monk last night pretty much confirms that I'm probably never going to acquire SWK gear or that elusive flying dragon. *shakes fist at RNG*

Heh. I have a near perfectly rolled FD (just needs a Gift) and have salvaged 2 pieces of SWK gear. I have 1 piece that is arlight, but garbage stats lead to me just salvaging the other two.

Well I don't know the usefulness of this just yet but it looks pretty cool when running around, seeing bolts of lightning fly out of me.

I used it for a while on my Lightning Monk. The problem is the damage is split amongst all enemies it hits. In other words, it's great against low Torment enemies and single targets only.

thuGG_pl

Finally Kadala gave me Strongarm Bracers (not very good, only 20% dmg boost), she was nice yesterday, gave me also pretty good Cameo Amulet.

Addnan

Wreath is nice for running low level difficulties but I think the radius is more suited for melee characters.

I used it for a while on my Lightning Monk. The problem is the damage is split amongst all enemies it hits. In other words, it's great against low Torment enemies and single targets only.

Thanks guy and yes this is for my Lightning Monk. For now at least would I be better of using that or this.
Ppse34B.png
I don't do many grifts yet and so my leg gem drops have been a bit minimal.

Unrelated question are key drops in T6 100% or is that ingredient drops from uber bosses? Took part in the T6 key runs and killed so many and I got 1 set of keys from it all. This game hates me and this patch is glitched for me because it would give my party drops but not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom