• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thuGG_pl

Unrelated question are key drops in T6 100% or is that ingredient drops from uber bosses? Took part in the T6 key runs and killed so many and I got 1 set of keys from it all. This game hates me and this patch is glitched for me because it would give my party drops but not me.

100% are materials from Ubers on T6.
Keys are said to be 50% on T6.

eek5

Oh damn now that keys are group drop you can split farm KW and then just announce when you get a key drop and everyone tp to town then to drop, grabs drop, uses map to TP back to town, and hits their portal to resume the split farm. Not bad.

ZenaxPure

Silly Witch Doctors, doing T5 no problem on my seasonal WD with a level 40 MoJ. I like that level doesn't effect its pet damage roll. Second T5 rift I did got me a TMF as well... I plan on going Jade though so I guess this stuff will hold me over until then. Already have 3 jade pieces.

ferr

Oh damn now that keys are group drop you can split farm KW and then just announce when you get a key drop and everyone tp to town then to drop, grabs drop, uses map to TP back to town, and hits their portal to resume the split farm. Not bad.

hah nice.

ParityBit

How is the PS4/XB1 version compared to the PC version with regards to content and patches? I have the PC version already, and I was debating getting a console version for some nice couch sessions while the wife is doing her thing, and the baby is in bed.

How is the PS4/XB1 version compared to the PC version with regards to content and patches? I have the PC version already, and I was debating getting a console version for some nice couch sessions while the wife is doing her thing, and the baby is in bed.

seems like they're going to keep updating it but it lags behind a lot. like we got RoS in March but it didn't hit consoles until very recently.

I cannot fathom how people are getting rank 25 gems so easily.

by farming grifts. i'm sitting on like 90 keystone thingys so doing regular rifts isn't much of an issue. 3 upgrades per is only 9 grifts. helps if you can consistently get placed into a grift that's higher than level 25.

Wickwire

ouch, I finally got a chance to play since the changes to kadala prices. way higher than I was expecting and still about the same rate for legs for me

IceMarker

by farming grifts. i'm sitting on like 90 keystone thingys so doing regular rifts isn't much of an issue. 3 upgrades per is only 9 grifts. helps if you can consistently get placed into a grift that's higher than level 25.

And therein lies the core of my question, even with 1.4m sheet DPS and over 2m Elemental DPS past Grift Lv22 everything becomes slow or too dangerous for me. Thus, I farm T3 normal rifts without a chance in hell of getting my gems past 15.

And therein lies the core of my question, even with 1.4m sheet DPS and over 2m Elemental DPS past Grift Lv22 everything becomes slow or too dangerous for me. Thus, I farm T3 normal rifts without a chance in hell of getting my gems past 15.

sheet DPS isn't a great metric sounds like you need a better legendary based build.

just do a high enough trial that by the time you upgrade the gem it will be the rift level + 1, so a 22 gem in a 24 rift will get you 25 (if you roll all three 60%). As far as getting to the level where you can do 24 rifts, I suggest getting the three legendary gems you want, and then farming your class's set and then try doing rifts. Getting your set bonus is pretty huge for most classes.

KorrZ

This has been a terrible week for me so far. I've been playing and running rifts everyday and getting absolutely no upgrades for my Crusader :(

I think I need to level up another class so that I don't get burned out...

GAF - Witch Doctor or Demon Hunter? What is more fun to play?

StMeph

Crusader will have some trouble solo once you get into the mid-30 GRs, but your FotF is pretty fantastic, and should be good enough to build around, especially since you already have a full Akkhan's set.

You need a Ring of Royal Grandeur. With that in tow, craft Captains Crimson pants and belt for another 10% CDR and roll Kadala for Leoric's Crown and Vigilante Belt (in that order). Use Akkhan pants once you get Crown + Belt.

Craft Reaper's Wraps and Hallowed Barricade

Roll the IAS on gloves to CDR or CHD.
Roll the Life% on shoulders to CDR or Heaven's Fury%
Roll the Socket on FotF to CDR once you get Ramaladni's Gift.

That should be the easy stuff to get. Once you roll a Crown and Vigilante, you can chase SOJ through Kadala. New amulet obviously as well, but there's no amulet head and shoulders above others for Crusader. Just get a good one.

In terms of build/abilities, drop Slash-Zeal and get Shield Glare. Drop Righteousness and get Wrathful. Charged Up is better with Provoke.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, you need more CDR really really bad. It looks like you only have ~20% if you have paragon points into CDR, which isn't close to enough. Every crusader build (minus stuff like Roland/blessed shield obviously) that uses a spender pretty much needs around 55% (I forget the exact number) for perma-champion. It's super important because basically, any time you are using an attack that isn't your FoH (so basically every attack with your generator) is an animation that you could have used on FoH instead and done 12x more damage. Perma-champion just gives you the tools to manage your wrath without using a generator: Permanent 50% reduced wrath cost on skills, free wrath per second, and ~10 second provoke cooldown.

Not really exclusive to crusaders, but, having a generator just slows you down. Barely any resource generation and shit damage on top of that. I think SWK monks and Condemn crusaders are the only high end builds actually using a generator right now (minus weird zDPS builds meant for group play) and in both of those cases it's cause you can use your spenders and generators at the same time.

Tom Penny

Do you have duel unity rings. That will automatically get you up a few levels in grifts.

eek5

bro you can always tag along with me :D

spootime

Damn, just lost my seasonal HC crusader. Trying to do a 4 person 28 grift and got a bad elite pack. Time to roll a dh and actually be useful!

joesmokey

How do people have rank 48/49 gems? Are they just getting incredibly high trial keys and then running the grifts, however long it takes them to complete?

How do people have rank 48/49 gems? Are they just getting incredibly high trial keys and then running the grifts, however long it takes them to complete?

Ye and its the most boring thing i have ever done in Diablo 3. Its pretty much just playing peakaboo with mobs while monk or WD tanks.

I can inflate my DPS for trials a little bit more than what I can afford in Grifts in order to get a higher tier keystones. This is partly due to 100% 5-turret uptime and the fact that mobs are pretty easy to avoid.

That said, 39 is the highest I've been given from trials. Probably took me 25 minutes to complete though...

J0dy77

Taking a quick look at your gear there are some quick changes you can make to go a long way.

Rereoll the Life on shoulder to CDR and the same for the atk speed on the gloves. Getting as close to the 54% CDR required for permanent akhan's is one of the most important things you can do. Take the atk speed off of your ring as well and roll it to crit dmg or CDR. Attack speed is almost useless on a holy shotgun build since you can cancel the attack and it is very wrath intensive. You want to hit harder and less often getting more value out of wrath spent.

Get rid of the lightning wreath gem in your ring and replace it with trapped or powerful and get the gem to lvl 25 as quick as possible.

Dump the nemesis bracers for Wreapers, keep rolling them until you get a good one that can be rolled to Holy, crit, str, vit. They are a huge boost in damage since the build is so wrath intensive.

Boots are probably rolled incorrectly, anything would be better than the shield bash %. New belt should be found for the attack speed issue. Focus on getting a Ring of Royal Grandeur and craft captain crimson's belt and boots. Those two pieces with the full set bonus is amazing and really hard to replace. Only thing I replaced it with was Leoric's and Vigilante belt until the game gives me a freaking Unity and SoJ. (those items hate me)

Are you in the neogaf clan? I'm Kynes in game, i'll run some games with you and can share loot. I've been sharding a lot of good Sader items since no one wants them in Pubs.

P.S.

Really jealous of your FotF, much better than mine.

Addnan

Looking for people to drop in to games with for small burst whenever there's open spots. I play on EU servers, add me Addnan#2643

I dinged my first character to lvl 70 (Wizard) last night in Act V and I'm just now finding out about elective mode.... Jesus Christ what a game changer.

Tom Penny

I don't get it either. They must be working in super strong groups because the gem upgrade is hot gargbage at even like 33 grifing so to get to 50 on a gem is nuts.

Xeteh

I dinged my first character to lvl 70 (Wizard) last night in Act V and I'm just now finding out about elective mode.... Jesus Christ what a game changer.

Yeah, it is amazingly dumb that it isn't really mentioned in any way (though I think there's something on a loading screen?) or that it just isn't enabled by default.

eek5

If you TP out of trials then come back in boon of hoarder procs off everything. IDK how useful it is but I get about 4 mil gold going to the 5th wave or so lol

If you are equipped for T6+ then you just slowly increase the level of your grift key as your gems require. So initially you just get a level 6-7 key so that you can race through the grift and get the 3 upgrades super quick. You then slowly get higher and higher level keys until you get your lvl 25 gem.

At the moment I can't seem to do the trials quick enough to get a key higher than about 27 and out of impatience I usually just take my chances with the 40-60% gem upgrade possibility.

eek5

Best way IMO is do 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27 to get to 18 then do gemlevel+2 (so 20, 22, 24, etc) until you hit 25.

At level 18 the upgrade chances @ GR25 are 70/60/60 so you're better off upgrading at GR20 which you can blow through for 60/60/60 upgrade chances. Once you pass that the time it takes to clear rifts for 100% chance are stupid.

Tarazet

Take a look at my shotgun crusader. I'm hampered by bad luck trying to reroll my hat to crit and generally just lack of enough playtime to be up there with the best, but I have enough CDR for perma-Akarat and pretty much all the things in the right places. I can farm on T6 all day without ever being in danger and run GR 30 consistently solo.. much higher if I have the support of a group and can switch to my Leoric's.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/tarazet-1231/Tarazet/51784409

1 piece away from having 5 marauder pieces, thus 6 with RoRG. Played around 120 hours on my DH since RoS first came out, been stuck at 3 pieces for roughly half of that. Today I finally got another one!

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
1 piece away from having 5 marauder pieces, thus 6 with RoRG. Played around 120 hours on my DH since RoS first came out, been stuck at 3 pieces for roughly half of that. Today I finally got another one!
If you want. We could do sone rift runs. Try to get your blood shards up.
Also since I am dh we can loot share at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom