• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

With zDPS monk for pushing greater rifts, my advice is to completely abandon the idea of doing any damage and just focus on amplifying party damage. Any kind of compromise to improve your own puny damage at the expense of party damage while maintaining the steep CDR requirements for perma-serenity winds up being worse overall.

If you want to try some kind of hybrid for doing something similar on T6, here's my high CDR setup which still deals some damage and keeps everyone alive in easy-mode with Soothing Mist:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raticus79-1110/hero/54018042
(using the Gogok gem and Mirinae. The bleed one is fun sometimes too)

For GR, it's pretty much this, although I wouldn't worry about the crowd control stuff since WDs are taking care of that much more effectively than monks can:
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/848-g40-zdps-group-monk-quin69
With my gear set, I just swap in a 10% CDR Born's sword and another 10% CDR weapon and that's enough for 81% CDR when the Gogok stacks are up.

You're going to get one-shot when things catch you in the brief gap after the first serenity you cast before Gogok stacks are up, so that's where Desert Shroud and Near Death Experience come in handy. You'll probably want to run a macro too in order to spam serenity consistently (at your own risk, blah blah).

Practice starting your resurrect immediately after you refresh Serenity and you can rez people while standing in ground effects.
Cheer dude, just what I needed. Want to play the GR build just because it seems so different to what I have been doing. Need to find a vigilante belt and the Born's stuff. Not sure I have ever seen an overwhelming desire, think I have an ess of johan though.

ooh, Born's is crafted. That's good. Then just need the belt.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Cheer dude, just what I needed. Want to play the GR build just because it seems so different to what I have been doing. Need to find a vigilante belt and the Born's stuff. Not sure I have ever seen an overwhelming desire, think I have an ess of johan though.

ooh, Born's is crafted. That's good. Then just need the belt.

Overwhelming Desire's an act 3 bounty reward. I've heard the uptime on the effect isn't very good though.

You can probably get a good start on it and get used to the playstyle without needing to get over 80% CDR with Gogok active, you just need to be a bit more careful to stay out of situations where you take enough damage in that half-second of vulnerability to die. 81% is where you can just go "didn't read LOL" regarding all the colourful crap happening onscreen and just walk around gathering the enemies for the DPS to burn down.

Syntek

Do they have a channel for this? A lot of people I meet just want to a regular one.

There must be some channel for this, although the obvious ones are generally empty.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but in the regular rift channels, the majority of requests over the last few weeks are now for tier 45+, and quite often for 47+. Now, there is a 6 tier penalty for a 4-player party, so to get tier 45-47 keys, you would need to clear tier 51-53 waves.

For argument sake, let's say you can solo a 45 key, and now want to do the same in a 4-player party. Each tier up is approx 18% more HP, so to clear 6 tiers higher means dealing with 2.7x more HP. But hold on, a 4-player game has 2.5x more HP than a solo game, so total HP increase is ~6.8x. Let's say there is ZDPS tank, this leaves the remaining 3 DPS to split that 6.8x HP pool. Am I missing something here? That seems nearly impossible to me.

Baliis

There must be some channel for this, although the obvious ones are generally empty.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but in the regular rift channels, the majority of requests over the last few weeks are now for tier 45+, and quite often for 47+. Now, there is a 6 tier penalty for a 4-player party, so to get tier 45-47 keys, you would need to clear tier 51-53 waves.

For argument sake, let's say you can solo a 45 key, and now want to do the same in a 4-player party. Each tier up is approx 18% more HP, so to clear 6 tiers higher means dealing with 2.7x more HP. But hold on, a 4-player game has 2.5x more HP than a solo game, so total HP increase is ~6.8x. Let's say there is ZDPS tank, this leaves the remaining 3 DPS to split that 6.8x HP pool. Am I missing something here? That seems nearly impossible to me.

Damage buffs from the other players, better aoe from keeping the mobs clumped, no threat of dying with a tank so you can stack more damage

Shifty76

A zdps monk will buff the entire party with more than dbl their normal dmg.

Addnan

I just got some cow rift that went 10 levels deep and had some cow killing thing inside it that gave a stupid amount of xp.

TTOOLL

so, since I can't play WoW due to the GIGANTIC queue I decided to play some D3. What are currently nice builds for monks and crusaders?

thanks in advance =)

cholnhaym

Neo Member
Hello everyone.
I have recently platinumed diablo 3 and reaper of souls on the PS3 and PS4. I thought I had done with this game but no! Now I am ready to join the big boys on the proper of version. Not very far in or levelled up but please add me so I can enjoy some coop shenanigans. On Europe times........

Addnan

Europe....?
need any more details or is that it? Sorry

yeah that's it. Lots of people play on US that's all. If you are just starting might be worth jumping on that just to have more people to play with from here. If not I play on Europe, will send you a request when I get on.

Raticus79

Whew, I finished up the clan/communtiy tracker tool I was building to pull stats using the battle.net API. It's a little desktop Java application to read battletags from a text file, make the web requests and get the values I care about from the JSON structure, then spit out a tab-separated text file I can paste into the Google sheet. It didn't take too long actually, maybe 6 hours with a few wrenches thrown in there for handling special characters in account names and missing elements for people who didn't play the season. Probably would have been like 2 hours if I didn't have to relearn pretty much everything about the Eclipse IDE, lol.

There's a new tab on the sheet with the snapshot of the detailed info and then I added a few summary columns on the main one. The "total kills" and "total paragon" combine your stats across regular/HC/season/seasonHC, so it'll be an easy way to summarize activity month to month rather than just using the last login date.

The "days since last login" is calculated from the date it shows on your "Career" tab on your profile and should be the same one it shows on the Roster in-game once they add that feature. Thanks Ayumi for pointing out the one on the Heroes tab was character-specific. The "lifetime kills" stat on the Careers page is the "total kills" one on the sheet. I update the profile links so they go to the Career tab first since it's a more useful view.

Quote and check the preview text for the link:

I have it sorted by the Total Kills right now and makes for a nice "wall of shame". Top 25:

3285650 ZenaxPure
2986370 MrDaravon
2706755 Syntek
2560043 Wesleyt
2462067 Shifty76
2415318 badb0y
2302769 eek5
2290618 Ricerocket
2262717 Leviathon007
2220241 Duress
1995969 hellmonkey
1979818 xxjuicesxx
1862869 Vicros
1850312 Fenderputty
1812579 Liferebooted
1733709 w4ttsup
1725888 Uni on Everything!
1702478 Raticus79
1638399 Mazzo
1609815 Boose
1563543 Xanathus
1539489 Ballis
1534029 Zarnold56
1521564 equil
1516213 scy

Addnan

It should count, but you need to be there when the rift is initially open.

Oooh, so it does. Excellent. I didn't see the achievement pop when I played it.
J0LFU9c.png

eek5

Whew, I finished up the clan/communtiy tracker tool I was building to pull stats using the battle.net API. It's a little desktop Java application to read battletags from a text file, make the web requests and get the values I care about from the JSON structure, then spit out a tab-separated text file I can paste into the Google sheet. It didn't take too long actually, maybe 6 hours with a few wrenches thrown in there for handling special characters in account names and missing elements for people who didn't play the season. Probably would have been like 2 hours if I didn't have to relearn pretty much everything about the Eclipse IDE, lol.

There's a new tab on the sheet with the snapshot of the detailed info and then I added a few summary columns on the main one. The "total kills" and "total paragon" combine your stats across regular/HC/season/seasonHC, so it'll be an easy way to summarize activity month to month rather than just using the last login date.

The "days since last login" is calculated from the date it shows on your "Career" tab on your profile and should be the same one it shows on the Roster in-game once they add that feature. Thanks Ayumi for pointing out the one on the Heroes tab was character-specific. The "lifetime kills" stat on the Careers page is the "total kills" one on the sheet. I update the profile links so they go to the Career tab first since it's a more useful view.

Quote and check the preview text for the link:

I have it sorted by the Total Kills right now and makes for a nice "wall of shame". Top 25:

3285650 ZenaxPure
2986370 MrDaravon
2706755 Syntek
2560043 Wesleyt
2462067 Shifty76
2415318 badb0y
2302769 eek5
2290618 Ricerocket
2262717 Leviathon007
2220241 Duress
1995969 hellmonkey
1979818 xxjuicesxx
1862869 Vicros
1850312 Fenderputty
1812579 Liferebooted
1733709 w4ttsup
1725888 Uni on Everything!
1702478 Raticus79
1638399 Mazzo
1609815 Boose
1563543 Xanathus
1539489 Ballis
1534029 Zarnold56
1521564 equil
1516213 scy

yay i made it!

ZenaxPure

All them kills!

My kills this month will be pretty low, with WoD out not really feeling much D3 right now until the next season starts. But I'll be back ready to go hard again when that starts.

Raticus79

All them kills!

My kills this month will be pretty low, with WoD out not really feeling much D3 right now until the next season starts. But I'll be back ready to go hard again when that starts.

Yeah, I don't expect anyone to be around for a while!

NeoGAF D3: 165 Million Demons Served
(and that's just the US side)

Ayumi

Hello everyone.
I have recently platinumed diablo 3 and reaper of souls on the PS3 and PS4. I thought I had done with this game but no! Now I am ready to join the big boys on the proper of version. Not very far in or levelled up but please add me so I can enjoy some coop shenanigans. On Europe times........
Hey there,

There is a separate thread for the console version. This one is for PC. You're more than welcome to stay here of course, but it would be much easier to find people to play with in the other thread:

http://neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=872639

Haha forgot to say
Cholnhaym #1352

Which server are you on?
He said he'a on console.. Not sure if you saw that?

---

Regarding that kill list.. How am I not on it? I play rifts every day.. Is it seasonal? I'm only NS. I guess that's the total kill on the accounts? Can't remember my number.

Raticus79

Regarding that kill list.. How am I not on it? I play rifts every day.. Is it seasonal? I'm only NS. I guess that's the total kill on the accounts? Can't remember my number.

It's the combination of kills across all the play modes for the entire history of the game, so some of us would have quite a head start on that number. Running the same stats and showing the differences in the next few months will give a better reflection of current activity.

Insaniac

You upgrade gems at whatever level the rift is, even if you fail. If you really think you can't finish it at all, even way past the timer, just leave game to close the rift and try a lower one. Are you on seasons or non seasons?

I'm on non-seasons, I haven't really gone higher than 32 solo. Generally get fucked over my minion type / rift density.

Not sure how high i can go, here's my profile:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SpikyBry-1289/hero/1667927

edit: Assume the skills are cookie cutter firebirds.

I also normally run BotT gem and BotP

Lain

Hey there,

There is a separate thread for the console version. This one is for PC. You're more than welcome to stay here of course, but it would be much easier to find people to play with in the other thread:

http://neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=872639

He said he'a on console.. Not sure if you saw that?

I think you miss-read that post. He said he platinum'd the game on consoles and thought he was done with it, but now he's upgraded to the proper version, i.e. he is now playing the PC version.

Ayumi

I think you miss-read that post. He said he platinum'd the game on consoles and thought he was done with it, but now he's upgraded to the proper version, i.e. he is now playing the PC version.
Ah, I understand now! Thanks for pointing it out. I just woke up and I'm suuuuper tired.

ZenaxPure

It's the combination of kills across all the play modes for the entire history of the game, so some of us would have quite a head start on that number. Running the same stats and showing the differences in the next few months will give a better reflection of current activity.

Yeah I've gotten a shitload of kills from vanilla as I assume many other people did. That said though at this point I assume my RoS kill count is higher just because I passed 2k rifts done a long time ago, not to mention all those act 1 bounties for rings.

MrDaravon

That period with FoM and increased density buffed the shit out of our numbers too lol

Those pulls were ridiculous

I barely did any of that, got a WW Barb to Para 100 then immediately stopped because I don't really enjoy the class. get on my level eek

Although remember when Decaying Crypt runs were ridiculous like a month or so there? Good times.

joesmokey

Nice work! Can you enable sorting on the locked sheet (at least for columns like S1 kills)?

Xanathus

Cool, I'm on the list even though I stopped playing somewhat early on. It's just kinda boring once you've acquired all the build defining gear and the only advancements you can make are for tiny incremental bonuses. This means I don't get booted from the clan right?

XShagrath

Hit a personal goal of PL 400 (non-Seasons) last night. Still trying to get those last few items that keep alluding me (Furnace, SoJ fire, and Eye of Elditch).

Shifty76

so, since I can't play WoW due to the GIGANTIC queue I decided to play some D3. What are currently nice builds for monks and crusaders?

thanks in advance =)

Sunwuko clone spam is about the only viable end game build for monks.

Crusaders generally run stampede these days.

All depends what type of gear you have though.

TSM

Man I am only 3rd for Season 1 kills. You guys are crazy :).

S1 kills Battletag
572850 SerpentMage#1626
524911 ZenaxP#1946
435669 Aeglos7#1318
421956 Equil#1211
316767 Ballis#1538

Yeah, I'm probably done until next season. It's been fun everyone I played with though.

We appear to be quite a ways away from S2 given that they are 'hoping' to have the 2.1.2 test realm up by the end of the month. They said they'd give 30 days notice before this season ends, so I'm thinking no S2 until the new year.

joesmokey

I found this interesting Firebird dot calculator on the forums:
https://alt.makes.org/thimble/LTE1MDMzOTU1ODQ=/diablo-iii-character-spell-calculator

Assuming it's accurate, the difference between a meh rolled Furnace and a perfect Sun Keeper is still insane (if anyone was actually wondering):
170096840 Furnace dot tick vs.
136364994 Sun Keeper dot tick.

No way you would ever prefer Sun Keeper on rift guardians, even if trash clearance would be slightly faster.

Also, Witching Hour seems to add about 9m to the tick for me. Not miniscule, but not amazing either.

It's also fun to see if you were smart in rolling off main stat for something. For example, I was curious if rolling off main stat on my Unity was worth keeping 5% CC and it definitely was.

Baliis

I found this interesting Firebird dot calculator on the forums:
https://alt.makes.org/thimble/LTE1MDMzOTU1ODQ=/diablo-iii-character-spell-calculator

Assuming it's accurate, the difference between a meh rolled Furnace and a perfect Sun Keeper is still insane (if anyone was actually wondering):
170096840 Furnace dot tick vs.
136364994 Sun Keeper dot tick.

No way you would ever prefer Sun Keeper on rift guardians, even if trash clearance would be slightly faster.

Also, Witching Hour seems to add about 9m to the tick for me. Not miniscule, but not amazing either.

It's also fun to see if you were smart in rolling off main stat for something. For example, I was curious if rolling off main stat on my Unity was worth keeping 5% CC and it definitely was.

Getting a furnace shaved like a minute off my RG kill times, it was nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom