• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

When they leaked that datamine I thought that affix was a 4 pc bonus. No one actually considered it would be a 2 pc bonus. Although I guess I shouldn't be THAT surprised considering the SWK 2 pc is pretty good now too.

*Looks at Raiment*

Yup still shit.

MrDaravon

LMAO @ being "OK" with a legitimate buff.

That is hands down one of the best 2 piece set bonus in the game. You can legitimately make some non M6 custom builds that can crush GR35+ with just the 2 piece bonus.

Imagine combining the new 6 piece Multishot set with just the 2 piece Marauder assuming the 6 piece Multishot set has a piece that doesn't overlap with M6 (like say a Belt). That would be absurd.

Oh sure, I just mean I'm okay with them effectively removing a very strong passive playset for one that's even better but requires you to actually play the game. Just still wish both options were still available.

Oh yeah, has anyone checked to see if CDR effects the charges on Sentries like it does for Dashing Strike?

kuYuri

Oh sure, I just mean I'm okay with them effectively removing a very strong passive playset for one that's even better but requires you to actually play the game. Just still wish both options were still available.

Oh yeah, has anyone checked to see if CDR effects the charges on Sentries like it does for Dashing Strike?

According to patch notes, it does.

Dahbomb

The funny thing is that people are saying that passive play with the occasional one shot in between running around actually matches previous DPS of the set.

So if you want to play passive you can and still be more or less the same as before but if you play more actively then you are rewarded heavily.

Raticus have you checked the effect of new SWK on EP? Does the effect work on explosion or just the DoT?

MrDaravon

According to patch notes, it does.

derp I totally missed that, thanks!

The funny thing is that people are saying that passive play with the occasional one shot in between running around actually matches previous DPS of the set.

So if you want to play passive you can and still be more or less the same as before but if you play more actively then you are rewarded heavily.

Raticus have you checked the effect of new SWK on EP? Does the effect work on explosion or just the DoT?

Seriously? Jesus Christ.

Dahbomb

Seriously? Jesus Christ.

That's because Sentries are doing 100% more damage by default. Even their pew pew standard shot is hitting decent but the main damage from Sentries comes from the Rockets and those are buffed too. Most people still have their old breakpoints so they are still attacking fast which means a lot of buffed up Rockets hitting.

And when you occasionally hit a Cluster Arrow in there... one Sentry hits for 200 million on a Cluster arrow.

The fact that you have charges means you can plop down 5 instantly against Elites and destroy them fast without having to worry about ramp up.

kuYuri

Yeah, I'm pretty confident in saying that M6 got a serious buff, lol.

That's because Sentries are doing 100% more damage by default. Even their pew pew standard shot is hitting decent but the main damage from Sentries comes from the Rockets and those are buffed too. Most people still have their old breakpoints so they are still attacking fast which means a lot of buffed up Rockets hitting.

And when you occasionally hit a Cluster Arrow in there... one Sentry hits for 200 million on a Cluster arrow.

The fact that you have charges means you can plop down 5 instantly against Elites and destroy them fast without having to worry about ramp up.

I have Rucksack and Custom Engineering and I'm only allowed to store 3 charges for 3 sentries back to back before I have to let it recharge. But still, 3 sentries at once is often more than enough.

MrDaravon

Ohhhhhhh I misunderstood the wording on the 6 set bonus, I thought just the spenders that they fired when you did had the 100% damage buff. If they get the 100% buff all of the time I could see that being ridiculously OP in combination with Rockets on the autofire shots and if you're running Ballistics etc. I wonder what the math works out to in terms of dropping Taskers for Magefists in terms of losing a breakpoint or two of the autofire rockets but gaining the fire %.

Dahbomb

Pretty sure it would be way better to get a Cindercoat over either of those options.

It's not just the Sentry doing more damage, you are hitting at least twice as hard as well and you want to optimized CA spam to Cindercoat is ideal.

joesmokey

They finally fixed hydra attack speed with Mammoth.

Will actually be worth finding that perfect TnT now. A lot more interesting gear combinations are possible now.

MrDaravon

Pretty sure it would be way better to get a Cindercoat over either of those options.

It's not just the Sentry doing more damage, you are hitting at least twice as hard as well and you want to optimized CA spam to Cindercoat is ideal.

Fuck, I totally forgot about Cindercoat. I clearly haven't really played in a while >_>. I've got a pretty much perfect Mara chest with Sentry %, but the RCR on the Cindercoat would beat that out for sure.

I'm tempted to check out PTR, but every time I do I always get some godtier drop in the first 20 minutes that makes me sad. I might have to hop on it to check this out though, I'm a bit skeptical at the moment that this will make it to live as-is but we'll see.

Dahbomb

I'm tempted to check out PTR, but every time I do I always get some godtier drop in the first 20 minutes that makes me sad. I might have to hop on it to check this out though, I'm a bit skeptical at the moment that this will make it to live as-is but we'll see.
This so much plus I just got two games to play for my PS4 and I am finishing up a current one to trade back for value. I will be skipping out on the PTR this time but will be watching streams for new builds especially for Monks.

MrDaravon

This so much plus I just got two games to play for my PS4 and I am finishing up a current one to trade back for value. I will be skipping out on the PTR this time but will be watching streams for new builds especially for Monks.

Yeah, I'll probably do the same. Honestly the ridiculous download for PTR is pretty offputting every time. I'll probably do it this weekend if they haven't already made any changes, I want to at least check out the new M6 once in case they change it before it goes live.

I'm not seeing any way we get Season 2 before the first of the year though.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Yeah, I'll probably do the same. Honestly the ridiculous download for PTR is pretty offputting every time. I'll probably do it this weekend if they haven't already made any changes, I want to at least check out the new M6 once in case they change it before it goes live.

I'm not seeing any way we get Season 2 before the first of the year though.

unless you deleted the last ptr... it literally took 5 seconds to download and update for me :p

MrDaravon

unless you deleted the last ptr... it literally took 5 seconds to download and update for me :p

Oh really? I'll have to give that a go tomorrow, I'm pretty sure I never delete the PTRs, but every time I do download one it seems to re-download the whole thing. I do it infrequently enough where I might be doing re-installs or something else inbetween though.

Dahbomb

Monks broke 42 GR with Incense Torch build WoL build with SWK.

Just like I said a few pages ago that the item would actually be pretty good.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

Looks like it's both.

With it unruned, I'm seeing on-death crits for 78 million with my puny 400k dps.

With Impending Doom, I just saw 180 million.

Dahbomb

Looks like it's both.
ibnJhT5q4E21up.gif

Combos with Gungdo? Actually I realized that you probably don't have the new one right now so it's hard to check.

joesmokey

Thinking about the patch notes with the Hydra change, it will be interesting to see what we can actually change with our gear.

With Unity, SoJ, and the Furnace, what would you swap out to use TnT? Time to maybe start rolling IAS instead of CC on jewelry? Theorycrafting will be fun.

I found this on the Wizard forums:
11/17/2014 04:05 PMPosted by jiichan
I don't think you would need anywhere near that much IAS to make up the difference, but math isn't my strong suit so I'll wait for dolynick to comment on this one.

Well if they all work like blazing does now, your aps is just a direct dmg multiplier. So to break even your APS just needs to be high enough to make up the diff.

Unruned
Before: 195 wpn dmg
After: 105 Wpn Dmg
Aps Required to Match DPS on Live: 195/105 = 1.857

Frost
Before: 275 wpn dmg
After: 135 Wpn Dmg
Aps Required to Match DPS on Live: 275/135 = 2.037

Lightning
Before: 305 wpn dmg
After: 135 Wpn Dmg
Aps Required to Match DPS on Live: 305/135 = 2.259

Blazing
Already scales with IAS on live, would just be a straight nerf.

Mammoth
Before: 400 wpn dmg
After: 295 Wpn Dmg
Aps Required to Match DPS on Live: 195/105 = 1.356

Arcane
Before: 245 wpn dmg
After: 130 Wpn Dmg
Aps Required to Match DPS on Live: 245/130 = 1.885

Wonder if things like SS will be worth potentially using now.

joesmokey

Just killed a 'Blood Thief' goblin that gave me 252 blood shards. Pretty neat. The icon on the mini map weirded me out at first, haha.

Ancient legendary weapons are ridiculous:

Some ancient upgrades seem underwhelming:

Also, rift density increase is real and amazing.

Edit: The new rift configurations are definitely different. Gone are the memorized maps.
New prison example:
So weird...

More updates:
SS + TnT Hydras is definitely real now and might be a valid option, hmm. With TnT they attack so quickly, flames go everywhere.
Just ran into 'Odius Collector' goblin. 157 Veiled Crystals and 57 Arcane Dust or so.

Blood Thief goblins seem to be pretty common. Getting an insane amount of shards with them, already ran into 3 in a short time.

I like the rift changes a lot. You can go down really far now if you do full clears.

Tried the new M6. The burst is retardedly strong but the lack of hatred after dropping sentries is strong too, you really can't spam CA. Basically the gameplay shifted from spam to "not enough hatred" This was just T6 rift though, curious how it goes in high GRs.

Trials is still ass.

Shifty76

OK, new SWK set bonus is BONKERS.

Ranged fire bells with Incense Torch, TKG helm, Cindercoat and a fire SoJ and I was hitting 450m crits regularly.

Off to test it in GRifts :)

joesmokey

Okay guys, Serpent Sparker + Tasker and Theo is freaking amazing. So long Furnace.

I did a GR39 RG (Ember) in 1min30sec. Ember moves all over the place too so it's not an easy one.

% Hydra damage now works too and I'm rocking +40%.

This is pretty awesome.

Syntek

Tried the new M6. The burst is retardedly strong but the lack of hatred after dropping sentries is strong too, you really can't spam CA. Basically the gameplay shifted from spam to "not enough hatred" This was just T6 rift though, curious how it goes in high GRs.

Only had time for a couple runs. Cleared 40, seemed easy. Damage feels like low 30s. I was running with 8m toughness without unity, and I could take a hit sometimes. This was surprising. Didn't think they would nerf it tgat much...Very noticeable reduction in overall GR difficulty.

New M6...yeah its a clear DPS buff. Coupled with the reduced monster DMG, I think most DHs will pull a couple tiers above their max.

ZenaxPure

Okay guys, Serpent Sparker + Tasker and Theo is freaking amazing. So long Furnace.

I did a GR39 RG (Ember) in 1min30sec. Ember moves all over the place too so it's not an easy one.

This is pretty awesome.

I'm actually happy to hear this, Furnace is such a damn boring weapon. Woo a % damage increase. Sparker is cooler.

Insaniac

This is pretty awesome.

what kind of build you testing?

Ayumi

Omg yes.. just need a TnT now. At least there's a higher chance of that before getting a second Furnace.

But how does a simple Hydra nerf change that much?

joesmokey

Omg yes.. just need a TnT now. At least there's a higher chance of that before getting a second Furnace.

But how does a simple Hydra nerf change that much?
IAS is correctly factored in now as well as hydra affix damage (never was before for Mammoth). Base damage was nerfed to compensate for these changes, but the bug fixes do incredible damage (more than Firebird dot I think).

Who knows if it'll actually go live like this.

Edit:
Not my video but shows what this looks like on PTR:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxvfJZ70SdY&feature=youtu.be

It's really insane. I can't imagine what a high IAS would look like.

Ayumi

IAS is correctly factored in now as well as hydra affix damage (never was before for Mammoth). Base damage was nerfed to compensate for these changes, but the bug fixes do incredible damage (more than Firebird dot I think).

Who knows if it'll actually go live like this.

They actually implemented functional IAS on all the other Hydra runes?
That means my Furnace is less useless, at least.

Syntek

Ok, just cleared a tier 46 with ease. Very curious how damage scaling works now, because it feels the same as tier 40, which feels like low 30s on live.

And yes, the DPS is off the scale. That 2-piece bonus is too strong.

Dahbomb

Saw the video of the new Hydra and it's probably not going into live like that. It puts too much on the screen and causes lag/framerate drops possible crashes as well.

I also think DH M6 will be getting some number tweaking on the set bonuses. Stuff like instead of getting 40% damage bonus they might reduce it to 20% bonus (Sentry damage 50% instead of 100%). Even with these numbers they will be outperforming old M6.

Xanathus

Do you guys think that they'll release these new changes before or after season 1 ends? I'm not sure how I feel about having these changes coming in mid-season, it feels unbalanced to suddenly have them in the middle but at the same time it's probably a better idea to test them out and tweak it to a balanced state before starting season 2.

eek5

Do you guys think that they'll release these new changes before or after season 1 ends? I'm not sure how I feel about having these changes coming in mid-season, it feels unbalanced to suddenly have them in the middle but at the same time it's probably a better idea to test them out and tweak it to a balanced state before starting season 2.

PTR is supposedly ending in a couple weeks. They said they want to announce end of season at least a month ahead of time too IIRC so it seems like this would end up releasing before S1 ended unless they announce when S1 is ending pretty soon.

Xanathus

Well if this patch comes out mid-season I guess I should start farming for a Kridershot now.

edit: Uh did they just change Jailer to no longer be Arcane element on the live servers? Countess Julia ammy is no longer preventing me from getting Jailed.

Ayumi

Edit:
Not my video but shows what this looks like on PTR:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxvfJZ70SdY&feature=youtu.be

It's really insane. I can't imagine what a high IAS would look like.

Oh man.. and that's the Hydra only. I wonder if it included any IAS from his gear and not just TnT.

I guess there will be some kind breaking point, or some point where you don't need more IAS. Any idea what that might become? I rolled away pretty much all IAS on my gear...

edit: Uh did they just change Jailer to no longer be Arcane element on the live servers? Countess Julia ammy is no longer preventing me from getting Jailed.

OMG NO.

Bombless

Well if this patch comes out mid-season I guess I should start farming for a Kridershot now.

Do you eat the damage as well?

Edit : Lol @ that hydra video. That looks broken as hell.

Xanathus

Do you eat the damage as well?

Edit : Lol @ that hydra video. That looks broken as hell.
I've been trying to test that out but haven't encountered any jailers since taking off the Julia. However I did not take any damage when I got jailed while wearing Julia.

joesmokey

I did a GR40 clear with 2 mins to spare on my 2nd attempt. This was using SS and TnT (with no CC). Not too shabby, but this will easily improve with a more optimized setup.

Some quick patch note thoughts:
The damage reduction in GR is nice but things aren't completely easy now. That being said, I did roll off most of my vit and armor for hydra damage and still did generally well with surviving. Winged assassin maps are still mostly exit game. Having a res timer feels too cheap and I'm not a fan. The walk of shame after dying made things riskier and seems more appropriate. Density can still be a problem in the cave maps (caverns of frost types), so it's not all completely fixed.

Pylons are very common now. Before I almost never saw a conduit shrine, now you definitely have a high chance to find one in rotation. I'm not sure what to think about this, though ones like Speed are still relatively useless in a GR (you don't want to charge around into mobs).

T6 full clears are still more fun than GR clears. With GR, you now get 4 or 5 legs per clear it seems, however you miss out on all the new goblins. Blood shard goblins are pretty amazing.

I haven't tested the trial changes as I have no interest in doing anymore trials again.

The hydra changes are very much appreciated. There's no way they will stay in their current implementation, as the damage calculations makes things extremely laggy (unless that's just PTR). It doesn't feel completely overpowered though, so I'm not sure how they can fix this stability wise.

The firebird dot seems to be bugged. It tends to drop off mobs for no reason even if you're standing in range with them.

Overall, this patch is definitely a step in the right direction. Wizards now have a viable alternative to a 2% weapon and we can use attack speed again. Now we can actually make judgment calls on which affixes we want to have and figure out what the right balance should be. I will be interested in testing a non-Firebird build tomorrow with full Fire dmg and attack speed (think old Mirrorball style setup).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom