• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayumi

Wait, what? I haven't been following... Are they buffing M6 in the next patch?
Is this real life?

We don't know if it's going to go live, but if it does, it will be a huge buff.

Seems bugged if you ask me.. no way DHs need that kind of buff, compared to other classes.

XShagrath

1000 would be a good number. But higher than that seems a bit unnecessary. Would kinda ruin it, imo.
Not understanding how any value would "ruin it." What if I just wanna run rifts for hours and not stop at Kadala in between? Right now I have to stop every five rifts or so and have to let people know not to close them because I'm full up. Some people like to gather their shards with a main and then spend them on an alt. Sucks to log out when you're full to switch characters and spend them, then switch back. Just make the limit whatever the max is for their datatype is, which would be at least 65535. Hell, do the same thing for stackable items.

Syntek

Wait, what? I haven't been following... Are they buffing M6 in the next patch?
Is this real life?

As it stands currently on the PTR, yes, it's a big DPS buff, and it's all due to the new 2 piece bonus. Patch note says the 2 piece bonus works for generators. On the PTR server, it works for spenders too. This effectively triples the DPS output across the board. Even without this bonus, the new M6 won't lag too much behind even the most optimized 4.15 builds, and I think that's probably what they are striving for. Add in the 2pc bonus, and everything goes off the scale. I suspect the current 2pc bonus is unintentional.

Ayumi

Not understanding how any value would "ruin it." What if I just wanna run rifts for hours and not stop at Kadala in between? Right now I have to stop every five rifts or so and have to let people know not to close them because I'm full up. Some people like to gather their shards with a main and then spend them on an alt. Sucks to log out when you're full to switch characters and spend them, then switch back. Just make the limit whatever the max is for their datatype is, which would be at least 65535. Hell, do the same thing for stackable items.

The cap is there to serve as an encouragement for users to spend their shards (these are Blizzard words, not mine). I'm not saying I side with Blizzard on it, because I do think 500 is pretty low. I just think they should increase it, at least double it.

It's definitely less convenient than what it should be. But I think Blizzard sees it as a way to prevent people from blood shard farming. The reason behind the cap is pretty simple. The game has an hourly rate drop (at least according to them). This would be defeated if they removed the cap or increased it a lot. Having people do rifts in-between would let the counter work its way the way it was meant to be.

But again, it also seems like a way for Blizzard to keep users from playing for 1 day, spend 2000 shards and get bored. This cap requires people to play more than just 1 rift if they want something out of Kadala.

However, they want us to spend less time going to the Blacksmith.. 500 shards covers 20 items, which doesn't even fill up our bag. I think increasing it wouldn't hurt.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Good chart here for Greater Rift scaling:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2ms0za/212_ptr_monster_damage_reduced_in_l26_grifts_was/

Health scales the same as before (17% per level).
Damage is the same up to level 25. At 26, it increases 10% per level (previously 13.2%). Result: "At L35, monsters deal 75% of the damage they used to deal. At L49, 50%."

That translates to pushing about 3 ranks higher for people previously around 35 and 7 ranks higher for those around 49, assuming incoming damage was what was stopping you.

kuYuri

I was expecting an M6 nerf too based on the word that was going around, but once I actually got on the PTR and tried it out myself, it's the opposite. The 2P and 6P bonus are pretty crazy as it stands. It's such a huge buff for a set that didn't necessarily need a buff. I think Blizz just wanted to adjust it in a way to make M6 dh combat more active over just standing still. I can't imagine the bonuses will stay like this once the patch goes live for all.

Let's play again soon~

I've asked you before and you ignored me. :<

kuYuri

My first ancient item... is a templar relic. D:

Huh, I replied to you. But you asked during an inconvenient time (it was almost 1 AM here). I'm usually online on D3 already if I'm not busy with something else. :3

Oh right, I forget you are up late for whatever reason. :p

foxdvd

Anyone with a DH on the PTR...try this out...

Chakram Razor Disk...it is not ever used, but the basic idea is the chakram starts at your target and spirals out from there. Before the new change to the sentry build, it was really not that good. Now though since your sentry will attack and target enemies near your target, things have changed. Basically, even if you are 200 yards away from your sentry, when you attack a group the Razor Disk will teleport to your victim. It takes away one of the weakness of a sentry, in that it has to be near the enemy for it to help. It also removes another problem, in that a sentry will stop working if you get too far from it. Not anymore.

Try it out.. (it won't teleport the attack through cave walls, so small close levels it is not as effective. Big open levels and open maps though it is insane....)

Guys I'm looking for some advice.

I'm new to Diablo games, this is my first and i've rolled a DH.

As things stand my understanding of the game is Dexterity is my best friend and i like throwing sentries down.

I've completed the story mode which i really enjoyed and i'm now level 60.

Now though, what to i do? What should i be aiming for? Builds? Weapons?

As things stand i have some Hand crossbow things which according to the wee green arrows on them are better than i have equipped but the stats don't look as good. What should i be basing my weapon choices on ? DPS number s or ?

Sorry for the load of stupid questions but i just don't really know what i should be aiming for right now >.<

Raticus79

Anyone with a DH on the PTR...try this out...

Chakram Razor Disk...it is not ever used, but the basic idea is the chakram starts at your target and spirals out from there. Before the new change to the sentry build, it was really not that good. Now though since your sentry will attack and target enemies near your target, things have changed. Basically, even if you are 200 yards away from your sentry, when you attack a group the Razor Disk will teleport to your victim. It takes away one of the weakness of a sentry, in that it has to be near the enemy for it to help. It also removes another problem, in that a sentry will stop working if you get too far from it. Not anymore.

Try it out.. (it won't teleport the attack through cave walls, so small close levels it is not as effective. Big open levels and open maps though it is insane....)

I tried it out with the chakram quiver. It's a fast, easy way to play. The big problem is that you lose out on the potential for two more sentries from the Rucksack, which means instead of +200% damage you're maxing out at +120%.

Edit: someone filed a bug report for the unlimited range - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15269669462
Come to think of it, using the Rucksack and just using that as a normal spender instead of the chakram quiver would be fine. Put down your five and then enjoy instant full damage on every target.

With 4.15 in the live build, I also had a problem with razor disk lagging out the server in the same way ball lightning did, probably because they hang around hitting clustered targets longer.

Shifty76

Guys I'm looking for some advice.

I'm new to Diablo games, this is my first and i've rolled a DH.

As things stand my understanding of the game is Dexterity is my best friend and i like throwing sentries down.

I've completed the story mode which i really enjoyed and i'm now level 60.

Now though, what to i do? What should i be aiming for? Builds? Weapons?

As things stand i have some Hand crossbow things which according to the wee green arrows on them are better than i have equipped but the stats don't look as good. What should i be basing my weapon choices on ? DPS number s or ?

Sorry for the load of stupid questions but i just don't really know what i should be aiming for right now >.<
Highly recommend reading this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3DemonHunters/wiki/new70

Dahbomb

Based on one day of PTR results looks like my prediction came true.

DH and Barbs rule the rankings. The rest of the classes are more or less "balanced" with Monks in contention for 3rd position (although way below the other two).

Barb: 55
DH: 53
Monk: 45
WD: 45
Crusader: 44
Wizard: 44

Wizard DoTs are kinda bugged so they are underperforming a bit as of now.

A Barb actually broke 60 on the Seasons ladder. The increased Pylon counts in Rifts buffed them greatly as well as the increased density.

ZenaxPure

A Barb actually broke 60 on the Seasons ladder. The increased Pylon counts in Rifts buffed them greatly as well as the increased density.

Yeah the density buff seems to be real from what I was reading on the barb forums, ridiculous buff to Raekor.

Still doesn't change the fact that you have to start looking for pylons if you want to kill RGs though, so I won't be playing barb much in the foreseeable future.

MrDaravon

Yeah I checked out DH on PTR briefly, shit is broken as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. No goddamn way M6 gets to live as it is right now. I was using my non-seasons character that has a Krider but has NO leg gems and it was broken as hell compared to what it is right now on live with my seasons character with great gear and high level leg gems etc.

kuYuri

Yeah I checked out DH on PTR briefly, shit is broken as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. No goddamn way M6 gets to live as it is right now. I was using my non-seasons character that has a Krider but has NO leg gems and it was broken as hell compared to what it is right now on live with my seasons character with great gear and high level leg gems etc.

Yep, I agree. I think it's pretty broken right now, regular rift T6 mobs are a joke as it stands.

My DH is decent I think and I'm killing mobs literally within seconds once I have 3 sentries up.

Dahbomb

Yeah the density buff seems to be real from what I was reading on the barb forums, ridiculous buff to Raekor.

Still doesn't change the fact that you have to start looking for pylons if you want to kill RGs though, so I won't be playing barb much in the foreseeable future.
You get at least 4 Pylons per GR now. Of course that playstyle is still wack as fuck.

ZenaxPure

You get at least 4 Pylons per GR now. Of course that playstyle is still wack as fuck.

Yeah I just don't want to play it, even with guaranteed pylons, it's just a broken build that doesn't feel complete. Charging around is a lot of fun but you don't have anything for single target (or if you do it's just Frenzy) which just causes the build to have hills and valleys of being incredibly fun and then incredibly awful.

So I was playing earlier and a level 1010 guy joined on me. I was level 67.

He set up Some greater rift thing and in like 30 mins I was at Paragon Level 411.

The game couldn't keep up with the levels I was gaining and my charecter was a constant blue glow while being one shotted every single time.

I've no idea what happened or wtf I'm supposed to do with these paragon points, got some nice legendaries though which was cool!

Also I've just been destroying all the gear I don't use anymore. Legendaries, greens, yellows, oranges whatever. Everything. Should I be doing this orrrrr?

My DPS is still really low. Only 293K so I was barely scratching the enemies earlier :I

Oh and I now have 950millon gold. Guess I'm
Gonna need it if I keep dying this much :p

Thank you for the link! Much appreciated :D

Raticus79

So I was playing earlier and a level 1010 guy joined on me. I was level 67.

He set up Some greater rift thing and in like 30 mins I was at Paragon Level 411.

The game couldn't keep up with the levels I was gaining and my charecter was a constant blue glow while being one shotted every single time.

Oh, you must be on a console and the player is using some edited gear. Greater rifts scale up the challenge as you go, so don't worry about dying so much in a GR which is scaling itself based on someone doing about a thousand times more damage than is normally possible. The experience rewards scale up with the greater rift level, which is why you were getting experience so quickly.

Oh, you must be on a console and the player is using some edited gear. Greater rifts scale up the challenge as you go, so don't worry about dying so much in a GR which is scaling itself based on someone doing about a thousand times more damage than is normally possible. The experience rewards scale up with the greater rift level, which is why you were getting experience so quickly.

Yeah I'm on console :)

Didn't know if this was the PC only thread or for the full game across all platforms :p

It was pretty sweet! The guy was killing stuff faster than my arrows would get to the targets!

I got an Izzuccob HC just now too. I remember reading that this was good?

Shifty76

There is a D3 console specific thread here somewhere.

Lightning bells with new swk is pretty tight. Beat GR41 last night with Orlash as the RG and I still had 4 mins to spare. Will see how far I can push it tonight, but I'll have to farm up some keys as I'm out of 40+ ones now. Happily, I suspect lightning bells will be fantastic for trials.

Insaniac

Not really impressed with the hydra attack speed changes. Mammoth/Firebird/Serpent Sparker is decent, but you lose the big elite damage bonus of Furnace. Everything else is pretty meh.

joesmokey

Not really impressed with the hydra attack speed changes. Mammoth/Firebird/Serpent Sparker is decent, but you lose the big elite damage bonus of Furnace. Everything else is pretty meh.
Stack attack speed gear, Tasker and Theo, and % hydra damage gear. Furnace is definitely inferior now if you have a good Sparker. Maybe an Ancient Furnace will tip the scales again.

Syntek

New M6 2-piece bonus is gone in the next PTR iteration. It was fun while it lasted, but yeah, it was clearly too much.

Edit: ugh, seems like they just merged the 2-pc bonus with the 6-pc instead. Previously: the 2-pc bonus gave a 3x multiplier with 5 sentries, and a further 2x multiplier from the 6-pc bonus. Now: you simply gain a 5x multiplier with the 6-pc bonus.

Raticus79

Here's their current plan for the new Marauder:

2 Piece: Companion calls all companions to your side
4 Piece: Sentries cast your Hatred spender when you do
6 Piece: Your generators, Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, and Cluster Arrow deal 100% increased damage for every active Sentry

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15269779057?page=5#90

---

Season 1 ending *on PTR* today.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15271049483
Dry run before the real one, which they confirmed will have 30 days notice and hasn't been announced yet.

---

There is a D3 console specific thread here somewhere.

Here it is - it got moved to Community too.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872639

Stack attack speed gear, Tasker and Theo, and % hydra damage gear. Furnace is definitely inferior now if you have a good Sparker. Maybe an Ancient Furnace will tip the scales again.

Hmm, it shouldn't - unless one of the affixes is unevenly affected, the balance between the ancient versions of furnace and sparker should be similar.

One build that'll benefit quite a bit from ancient items is that weird speed T6 farming build for witch doctors with Rachel's Ring of Larceny and Tiklandian Visage. I think it was a bit short on damage to one-shot everything while passing by, but it should do a better job of that now. TR monks too.

Here's their current plan for the new Marauder:
4 Piece: Sentries cast your Hatred spender when you do

Would sentries still consider ele arrow + Krider as a hatred spender? Cause if so, I'm tempted to drop my etrayu for a krider once I have one finally drop for me on seasons, or take the one off my non seasonal dh when season 2 hits.

Raticus79

Would sentries still consider ele arrow + Krider as a hatred spender? Cause if so, I'm tempted to drop my etrayu for a krider once I have one finally drop for me on seasons, or take the one off my non seasonal dh when season 2 hits.

Yup, Kridershot was working with their first attempt on PTR, should be ok on this one too. Everyone who has one should definitely hold on to it.

I think in general if you don't see that fine print "spenders *which spent resource*" in the wording on an effect, it'll probably work. They just made that restriction for Focus+Restraint.

Syntek

Yup, Kridershot was working with their first attempt on PTR, should be ok on this one too. Everyone who has one should definitely hold on to it.

Weapons are easily phased out by crafted Ancients though. It's the one slot that you want to upgrade to Ancient asap. Time to start hoarding those debris again.

MrDaravon

Wait....you can craft Ancient weapons? I mean, I guess that makes sense since you can craft legendaries, I just didn't even think about that. Hello Arcane Barbs/Unbound Bolts I guess, even if you have a decent Krider now I bet a decent crafted Ancient on those probably will beat it out day one on 2.1.2.

Also looks like on the Mara set they're removing the flat 100% sentry damage buff, but in turn buffing the generator/most spender damage boost from 40% to 100% for each active sentry? Seems pretty fair in terms of them specifically trying to push the set to you doing damage and being active.

Raticus79

Yup, ancient weapons can be crafted - so far people are seeing them at about the same rate (5-10%). There was also a bug where the primary stat on crafted items was always running in the Ancient range, although that'll probably be fixed.

Yeah, I guess a regular Kridershot's effect wouldn't outweigh the DPS boost for cluster arrow from an ancient arcane barb.

Dahbomb

The shuffling of the M6 set makes sense although 100% increased damage per Sentry is still quite absurd. We are talking about a total of 10x the DPS of a standard Cluster Arrow (5x Sentries shooting a Cluster Arrow and your own single CA doing 5x damage). That's 7770% weapon damage INSTANT BURST without even calculating the damage of the grenades.

I expect that number to go down from 100%. As it is the DH is still going to be outputting roughly more than twice the DPS of a Monk.

MrDaravon

The shuffling of the M6 set makes sense although 100% increased damage per Sentry is still quite absurd. We are talking about a total of 10x the DPS of a standard Cluster Arrow (5x Sentries shooting a Cluster Arrow and your own single CA doing 5x damage). That's 7770% weapon damage INSTANT BURST without even calculating the damage of the grenades.

I expect that number to go down from 100%. As it is the DH is still going to be outputting roughly more than twice the DPS of a Monk.

I was about to point out that you usually don't have 5 sentries out, then I realized that's because everything is usually already dead by the time you'd get 5 out except for a RG or something.

Syntek

Also looks like on the Mara set they're removing the flat 100% sentry damage buff, but in turn buffing the generator/most spender damage boost from 40% to 100% for each active sentry? Seems pretty fair in terms of them specifically trying to push the set to you doing damage and being active.

Basically, self-cast damage will always scale to be ~1/2 of total DPS regardless of the number of sentries out on the field.

This also suggests that Enforcer is probably better served by another gem now, since it's effectiveness is essentially cut by a half.

Ayumi

Whoa, huge temporary community buff on PTR (season and non-season) to accelerate testing.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15353845269#1

300% Bonus Experience Earned
2000% Bonus Chance to Find Legendaries
Double Goblins
Double Blood Shards

(In case someone looks for me, I went to France on vacation for a week.)

^ I guess that will show up if people check where I went/my posts.

-----

Haha. Playing the PTR now must make the real game extremely depressing.
Was thinking of doing it, but I've avoided the PTR forever because I won't be able to handle not keeping anything. Too scared of amazing drops.

Raticus79

I made an open NeoGAF clan on PTR if anyone feels like joining - check the clan finder. It'll be fun to see what people can rack up over the weekend. Season 2 is live now.

Celegus

Rift density fixes can't come soon enough. Was on track to clear GR37 solo crusader, when I got this map...

y8Dwwtq.jpg

There was a one pack of champions in all of this. Not even a single white normal monster. Over 2 minutes running around and only 4 enemies.

Density in all GR I've done has been a bit ridiculous to the point where I found myself trapped between mobs constantly, especially in the narrow cave like maps.It's fun and all but I still wish Blizz is able to work on more than 1 or 2 class at a time for balancing. It's fucking boring and lame as a WD main, and wiz sec being broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom