• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor

I agree. While their goal was to make set items the strongest thing possible I think how strong and easy they are to obtain did make variety a problem.

Even though I play on console am amaze how easy is to find set pieces, I have maybe 2 full sets of every class I have, yet I have not seen one of the rarest legendaries, I thought it was going to be the opposite, when a green light beam shows Im just "meh" lol

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I think they're moving toward softening up the set requirements. We're seeing more power in the 2 and 4 set bonuses with the new stuff.

Maybe they'll start moving the 6 set bonuses down to 5.

Zertez

Ive been playing a lot of D3 RoS on my PC and love it still. Ive thought about trying out the RoS PS4 version since it is on sale and I can play in bed. Is the game worth playing if you own the PC version? One thing that has kept me away is hackers/cheaters being commonplace, I dont want to play with people that have ridiculous hacked weapons, gear, skills, stats though. My friends on the PS4 have moved onto other games, so I would be playing with randoms a lot.

Seem to have lost motivation to play knowing that ancient items are coming soon. I know they aren't a big game changer as assuming nothing has changed since I last read patch notes etc its just a few main stats that have bigger numbers but it's still an upgrade over any non ancient version I find. Would hate to find my Flying Dragon a day before Ancient items go live and then be on the hunt again.

Killed a Rainbow Treasure Golem and ended up in this trippy world fighting Care Bears and My Little Ponies:

Hats off to Blizzard for mad creativity!

Ayumi

Killed a Rainbow Treasure Golem and ended up in this trippy world fighting Care Bears and My Little Ponies:

Hats off to Blizzard for mad creativity!
How far are you into the game? This is a map you can find in both adventure mode and campaign. It's known as the cow level.

If you wanna go back, you can gather certain items and craft a special staff from them to enter this map. Just Google search for the cow level recipe. :3

There's sometimes a pinata at the map, which used to sometimes drop lengendaries. But I don't know how much higher it is than a normal yellow chest.

ocean

Banned
So I bought this game yesterday with the PSN deal for US$35. Still need another week to finish Dragon Age.

Any begginer's guides or anything like that available? Never played any Diablo games before.

Maledict

I agree. While their goal was to make set items the strongest thing possible I think how strong and easy they are to obtain did make variety a problem.

It's something that originated in world of Warcraft. Back in vanilla, and even early TBC, sets weren't the be all of gear - you could assemble a comparable gear set using non set items. But people preferred sets and liked collecting them, and moaned when they weren't the best item, so eventually sets became mandatory for everyone.

To be honest it feels like they have backed themselves into a corner with sets. They need to rethink what they are about, and shift them away from being always best in slot all the time.

Dahbomb

That's not the cow level, that's Whimsyshire.

The Cow level or rather the Cow Rift is something that only happens in Rifts. It's a Rift that exclusively has Cows plus a Cow boss.

Ayumi

That's not the cow level, that's Whimsyshire.

The Cow level or rather the Cow Rift is something that only happens in Rifts. It's a Rift that exclusively has Cows plus a Cow boss.

Okay. I know about the Cow Rift. So guess after adding Rifts they decided to make the Cow Rift the actual Cow Level? Because pretty much everyone referred to Whimsyshire as the cow level before RoS/Adventure Mode.

Raticus79

I picked up a copy of the PS3 ultimate evil edition on the PSN sale to play around with the save editing (solo). Should be interesting to see how things are structured. Follower soloing GR100 here I come.

MrDaravon

I picked up a copy of the PS3 ultimate evil edition on the PSN sale to play around with the save editing (solo). Should be interesting to see how things are structured. Follower soloing GR100 here I come.

...PS3/360 versions didn't (and aren't) getting the patch adding GR's, that's current-gen only.

Raticus79

Oh, oops, I should have paid more attention. Oh well. Wouldn't have really affected what I was going to try out anyway.

caesar

Banned
Me and my friends got this game because of the sale... holy shit it's easy. We started on expert which is the highest possible and we are destroying every boss in seconds by just spamming our abilities. I understand it gets harder after you finish it but its kinda boring right now to just mindlessly click through everything without any strategies inbolved whatsoever..

Ayumi

Me and my friends got this game because of the sale... holy shit it's easy. We started on expert which is the highest possible and we are destroying every boss in seconds by just spamming our abilities. I understand it gets harder after you finish it but its kinda boring right now to just mindlessly click through everything without any strategies inbolved whatsoever..

Once you complete the game, you unlock Master difficulty. And once you get your first character to level 60, you unlock Torment. Torment goes from 1 to 6. It is by no means easy afterwards unless you stick to the low difficulties, which makes the game kinda boring.

The story *is* kind of boring and sucky too, but as long as you have the expansion and are level 70 (eventually), there is lots of fun waiting for you. Adventure Mode is great and no one plays Campaign Mode unless they're farming achievements or leveling characters.

caesar

Banned
Once you complete the game, you unlock Master difficulty. And once you get your first character to level 60, you unlock Torment. Torment goes from 1 to 6. It is by no means easy afterwards unless you stick to the low difficulties, which makes the game kinda boring.

The story *is* kind of boring and sucky too, but as long as you have the expansion and are level 70 (eventually), there is lots of fun waiting for you. Adventure Mode is great and no one plays Campaign Mode unless they're farming achievements or leveling characters.
Yeah thats good to know, in it for the long haul. But it would be nice to have some challenge the first time through as well. We killed the Butcher dude and Magda in about 10 secs, pretty underwhelming.

Sarcasm

Yeah thats good to know, in it for the long haul. But it would be nice to have some challenge the first time through as well. We killed the Butcher dude and Magda in about 10 secs, pretty underwhelming.

Yea you kind of missed the starting challenge when the first game came out.

Sarcasm

Seems weird though, I mean on normal you virtually take no damage. Hell, you don't on expert either. Not sure about that decision, although I dunno how it was before.

I don't have the link but it was explained the actual difference between normal to expert isn't that great. Than it spikes upwards at T1 and continues up.

Ayumi

Seems weird though, I mean on normal you virtually take no damage. Hell, you don't on expert either. Not sure about that decision, although I dunno how it was before.

I don't have the link but it was explained the actual difference between normal to expert isn't that great. Than it spikes upwards at T1 and continues up.

The start isn't supposed to be hard. It needs to be this way for new users who haven't played these kind of games (or any games at all) to be able to survive/level up without the tedious deaths. Like Sarcasm said, it was a loooot different in vanilla. There used to be Inferno mode (now replaced with Torment 1 to 6) which was death death death.

And yeah, I'm also thinking it's because of the expansion. You only really play the story once and then hop onto the better stuff (this is why playing D3 without the expansion is worthless). If they never eased up the lower difficulties, it would be impossible to survive the new difficulties. There are still people who have played for years and can't get to the highest difficulty yet (Torment 6).

But the way it works now, is that the higher you go, the higher your leg drop chance, XP and gold drop is (and also increased HP and damage). This is a huge motivation to push yourself in order to upgrade your gear as fast and much as you can. Once you do that, you can push yourself into Greater Rifts.

There are many details and reasons, I suppose. It's sad but the game is all about end-gaming (rifting/greater rifts/etc) and the story is pretty irrelevant in some way.

Xanathus

The difficulty now scales dynamically to your level, so if you think it's too easy then just switch to a higher difficulty. It used to be that you had to play through all the difficulties one by one and the monster strength was independent of your level so if you were level 40 and entered an Inferno difficulty game you would be one hit killed.

Ayumi

The difficulty now scales dynamically to your level, so if you think it's too easy then just switch to a higher difficulty. It used to be that you had to play through all the difficulties one by one and the monster strength was independent of your level so if you were level 40 and entered an Inferno difficulty game you would be one hit killed.

He said Expert was max for him, so he hasn't completed the story yet (or hit level 60).

J. Bravo

Yeah inferno was Cray. I'm am still jealous that one of my friends found not one, but two(!) stormshields and sold them each for $250. I sure do miss the auction house for reasons like that... Also I wish we could upgrade equipment. Like it came with slots or something and you could scroll it. I really like the upgrade system in this game called maplestory, I just don't like the fact that you can use actual money to accomplish it. That upgrade system in a game like Diablo would be amazing, except for the fact that if you fail certain scrolls, your item blows up haha.

Imagine that on an otherwise perfected ancient furnace or t&t hahahaha. Ohhhhh the rage would be glorious.

But to do that I think they'd have to scale damage down a little bit because otherwise we'd end up with huge ass numbers from the upgrades...

Ayumi

Thought I'd be stuck at GR 35 forever. Just cleared 37 at less than 11 minutes. Funny part is that I'm lagging like CRAZY today (jumping from 700 to 1300 ms). I actually stopped using my Furnace and replaced it with a Sun Keeper. Works way better for everything, actually.

Once the lag goes away, I should be able to hit the US Wizard leaderboards!

Edit: Just completed GR 38! I must say I feel proud being able to do that with 2 deaths and so much lag. Lag is no joke in GR.. takes you a few seconds to realize you lagged into elemental damage and died. Heh

Happy with the shard rewards on these levels, but I wish they could increase the level cap to 1000 and maybe a bit higher shard rewards for these high GRifts.
Got a 39 key now, so I'm gonna pray I can at least do it in time.

RaptureWS

Neo Member
First of all....FINALLY got activated here on GAF! Been lurking for a long, long time so it is nice to actually be able to post :)

Now, I bought D3 on X1 and just hit 70 last night. I am looking for X1 players that do endgame stuff. Swerve City MX is my gamertag. Go ahead and add me! I play a lot of Halo as well.

XShagrath

First of all....FINALLY got activated here on GAF! Been lurking for a long, long time so it is nice to actually be able to post :)

Now, I bought D3 on X1 and just hit 70 last night. I am looking for X1 players that do endgame stuff. Swerve City MX is my gamertag. Go ahead and add me! I play a lot of Halo as well.

This is the thread for mainly PC players. You want the console thread..

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872639

itxaka

Defeatist
So guys a few questions.

Take into account that Im a casual Diablo Gamer, I dont play on groups or anything just solo, sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 5 hours but without any other meaning for the game that to have fun. I dont like the numbers theory behind it, Im just too lazy to do the numbers myself.

But Im kind of stuck. I run Torment 1 with no problems, maybe one death around but pretty easy otherwise, but Im sick of doing the Tyrael missions in adventure and running rifts. I dont get almost no good gear, or at least nothing that changes my actual gear for something better, nor do I get greater rifts or anything like that.

Am I playing wrong? Should I be doing something different? Do I need to up the difficulty to T2? Should I be doing adventure runs or rifts? Does greater rift keys fall on rifts or they are just dropped on adventure?

Thanks!
EDIT: my build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Itxaka-2623/hero/416833 monk (is fun!!), the crusader is my secondary/seasons character (Also pretty fun too, the hammers are awesome for area damage)

Deadly

So guys a few questions.

Take into account that Im a casual Diablo Gamer, I dont play on groups or anything just solo, sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 5 hours but without any other meaning for the game that to have fun. I dont like the numbers theory behind it, Im just too lazy to do the numbers myself.

But Im kind of stuck. I run Torment 1 with no problems, maybe one death around but pretty easy otherwise, but Im sick of doing the Tyrael missions in adventure and running rifts. I dont get almost no good gear, or at least nothing that changes my actual gear for something better, nor do I get greater rifts or anything like that.

Am I playing wrong? Should I be doing something different? Do I need to up the difficulty to T2? Should I be doing adventure runs or rifts? Does greater rift keys fall on rifts or they are just dropped on adventure?

Thanks!
EDIT: my build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Itxaka-2623/hero/416833 monk (is fun!!), the crusader is my secondary/seasons character (Also pretty fun too, the hammers are awesome for area damage)
To be honest, if you're sick of doing bounties and rifts then it's time to move on to another game because it'll just be more of that .

VoxPop

So guys a few questions.

Thanks!

You should run the hardest difficulty you can do while staying efficient. Bounty rewards are pretty meh except the xbow in A5 and the RORG in A1. Regular rifts are the best way to go and eventually start running Grifts when you can run T6 with no issues. Looking at your armory, that is probably the best time to play when you can easily constantly find upgrades for your gear. Gonna be fun!

So guys a few questions.

Thanks!

The easiest and quickest way to improve your gear right now is to do a few low-level greater rifts to get the legendary gems (they're 100% drop rate from the boss at the end). Oh, and you should be using a weapon with a socket. The +crit damage from a socketed emerald is a huge damage boost as long as you have decent crit chance (which you do).

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
so which thread you guys use to discuss d3? this one or the ultimate evil edition thread?

is this thread for the PC version? I'm confused.

I have the ps4 ver.

I booted up a little while ago and there was this cool blue spectral dog following me around (I'm a Crusader). Now he's gone. What happened???

so which thread you guys use to discuss d3? this one or the ultimate evil edition thread?

I have the ps4 ver.

You want the Ultimate Evil Edition thread. UEE is just the name of the PS4/XB1 version; the PC equivalent is "Reaper of Souls" (this thread).

Duress

I was looking for a Sunkeeper, but okay.

VmcRh2z.png

Raticus79

Raptor

Sweet, they're changing Sunwuko to be a player buff instead of a target debuff. Lasts 3 seconds and the damage is the same.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15269779057?page=30#591

I had suggested that, but wasn't thinking they would go for a simple buff for full damage so I had suggested a stacking thing as a compromise.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2nl7ws/streamlining_the_new_swk_how_about_a_player_buff/

Well, I'm not complaining. Tempest Rush here we come!
CAn you explain what does it means in simple terms?

I use a monk on console but maybe this will be on consoles too and Im interested in it.

ZenaxPure

CAn you explain what does it means in simple terms?

I use a monk on console but maybe this will be on consoles too and Im interested in it.

It means that the damage is tied to your character and not the enemies you hit now.

If you put a debuff on a target it only effects the targets you hit, in this situation it means enemies not hit by the clone explosion would not take extra damage. In the new system the clones will use their effect on you instead so it doesn't matter if you hit an enemy or not (presumably).

Ayumi

I have the ps4 ver.
Yes, this is the PC version. You're free to post in both, but it would be easier/more relevant for you to stick with the other since the versions are different.

Dahbomb

Sweet, they're changing Sunwuko to be a player buff instead of a target debuff. Lasts 3 seconds and the damage is the same.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15269779057?page=30#591

I had suggested that, but wasn't thinking they would go for a simple buff for full damage so I had suggested a stacking thing as a compromise.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2nl7ws/streamlining_the_new_swk_how_about_a_player_buff/

Well, I'm not complaining. Tempest Rush here we come!

Legit buff.

Raticus79

Can you explain what does it means in simple terms?

It means that the damage is tied to your character and not the enemies you hit now.

If you put a debuff on a target it only effects the targets you hit, in this situation it means enemies not hit by the clone explosion would not take extra damage. In the new system the clones will use their effect on you instead so it doesn't matter if you hit an enemy or not (presumably).

Yeah, there are a few ways it helps:

- instead of waiting half a second for a clone to explode against each new enemy you engage (which adds up to a lot of delay over the course of a map), you keep dealing full damage as you mow through packs of enemies with whatever skill you're using, thanks to the damage boost being a buff on the player, traveling with you and getting refreshed every time you use one of those spenders.
- when your buff is up, the big AoE wave of light can hit for full damage on everything on the screen. Previously you could only do max damage against enemies within 15 yards.
- Tempest Rush can kill in the first pass instead of needing to circle around on lower difficulties
- with Gungdo Gear, you can get a big chain reaction going with exploding palm and take out a whole screen easily instead of just the ones that were in the 15 yard range.
- it was sometimes a bit tricky to get the clones to spawn where you needed them to. That won't be a problem any more.

It's huge for clear speed on lower difficulties and will help on higher GR as well. There isn't really any downside.

In other words,
Legit buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom