• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

Git on my level IceMarker and Zenax

JM09HoZ.png

They don't really care if you're sticking around or not because they no longer get any more income from you, the only reason they maintain a semblance of caring is to get you to buy the next expansion and let's be honest we're gonna buy it.

Haha. Yeah. I take my mink out every now and then ... It's rare though.

Bombless

They don't really care if you're sticking around or not because they no longer get any more income from you, the only reason they maintain a semblance of caring is to get you to buy the next expansion and let's be honest we're gonna buy it.

I...Yeah, that's true, I will.

Popnbake

The biggest issue is they went from "we'll bring other classes up to speed with others to "we don't like how DH plays, lets spend a whole few months of balance to change how DH plays" At this point its clearly up to what this small team wants to do with D3 and the game is literally at the mercy of Sets so if they want a skill to do well, they simply put it in a set bonus. There is no long term gameplay decisions, just bandages.

I think sets have become a real anchor around Blizzards neck. They were a fun idea from Diablo 2 that didn't really work, and then in LoD they improved on them with partial set bonuses. They then appeared in World of Warcraft but for the first two raiding tiers they were optional - you could make a valid top tier gear set without using any actual sets.

Since then though they have become mandatory, and it feels like Blizzard doesn't even think this is an issue - their solutions to balance seem to boil down to making more sets or adjusting a set.

Clearly the majority of their audience loves them, but for me it's a real turn-off to have sets and only sets be the heart of itemisation in their games.

You have to take the time to farm the new sets just to appreciate those 'game changing' skill adjustments.
Which may take even longer with the ever increasing pool of available legendaries/sets.

I feel they eventually may have to make a stronger system than kadala for specific legendary farming.

MrDaravon

I'm still flabbergasted they haven't added some sort of microtransactions for storage space, cosmetic skins, etc. Seems like they have good intentions but then stuff just keeps going sideways development-wise.

Saya

Anyone still playing this? There is an end-of-the-year bonus experience event lasting for a few days.

Get ready to deck the hells with a few extra experience points.

That's right! All nephalem who log into Diablo III this weekend on any platform* will receive a +100% bonus to experience gain. As with previous buffs, the bonus provided will stack multiplicatively with other existing bonuses, including those provided by items, shrines, Pools of Reflection, and Paragon points.

Doesn't matter if you've been naughty or nice! This festive in-game boost begins for console and PC players alike in the Americas region on Thursday, December 25 at 12:00 a.m. PST and ends on Monday, December 29 at 11:59 p.m. PST.**

Whether you're in Sanctuary, Azeroth, Mar Sara, the Nexus, or your local Hearthstone tavern, we hope that you and yours share in the warmth of the season. Happy holidays, heroes, and have a very merry new year!

*Please note that this buff will only be available on console for Ultimate Evil Edition.
**For PC, the buff will start and end at the noted times in each gameplay region according to its local time zone (PST for the Americas, CST for Europe, and KST for Asia). For console, the buff will start and end in all regions at the same time, listed above.

If the console version is provided only for the devil plate EXP bonus aura. ** The PC version of EXP bonus in duration are applied in each local server time reference representative. In Asia, the server is local time reference indicated in the case of American servers PST (PST), will be applied based on the European servers to Central European Time (CET). In addition, the duration of the console versions of the experience bonus will be applied to all areas the same as shown in the above schedule.

Firemind

RIP Oswin

You were a valiant paladin, but the demon pack in the chaos sanctuary right before Diablo proved to be too much for your shield to bear and so you got burned to a crisp.

I died so many times to that pack in the past haha. Worst is Conviction aura, especially when they come charging and you don't notice it until it's too late, but this time it was Spectral Hit, which doesn't even give you any aural or visual cues. My HP globe just depleted instantly.

Rolling a sorc now! I'll just pewpew them whenever the time comes. Assuming I survive Duriel. That shit was brutal for my pally. Can't imagine it not being worse for a sorc.

Strider

I'll be using the XP buff to grind out some paragon levels. There's basically no one playing right now so it's a great time for me to catch up even if just a little bit. I'm currently at 205.

DarkFlow

Banned
So is this the PC thread? I just bought the base and souls on amazon for $40. Should have it on Sunday. I really have no idea what I'll be doing lol. I haven't played diablo since 2 back in the day.

Bombless

I'm still flabbergasted they haven't added some sort of microtransactions for storage space, cosmetic skins, etc. Seems like they have good intentions but then stuff just keeps going sideways development-wise.

I think the AH backlash is still fresh in their minds. I doubt we'll see this in D3 ever.

As for the double XP....LOL

Think I'll grab this expansion sometime this weekend/next week. The $20 price on amazon is just right :) And Warframe is getting on my nerves
after 830hours-.-

Celegus

Yeah I'm gonna use it to level up a HC season toon.

What's the fastest way to hit 70? I doubt I actually care enough to do it (unless I can knock it out in an hour or something), but I never even bothered to make a season character to get the transmogs.

Xanathus

What's the fastest way to hit 70? I doubt I actually care enough to do it (unless I can knock it out in an hour or something), but I never even bothered to make a season character to get the transmogs.

Fastest would be to get someone geared up at 70 to powerlevel you by doing torment 6 games that you host so that they'll be at your level. Solo, only option is to just do bounties and rifts.

Firemind

Fastest would be to get someone geared up at 70 to powerlevel you by doing torment 6 games that you host so that they'll be at your level. Solo, only option is to just do bounties and rifts.
You'll die plenty even at your own level at T6. Trust me, I tried to rush a few people on HC and T6 is not the most effective way of powerleveling.

Syntek

You'll die plenty even at your own level at T6. Trust me, I tried to rush a few people on HC and T6 is not the most effective way of powerleveling.

You don't need to follow the powerleveller to gain exp. Just sit at the waypoint after the coast is clear. As long as your are in the same zone, you collect all exp from kills no matter how far apart you are separated.

Also, you should generally run bounties instead of rifts. Pick 3 Acts and complete all 15 bounties, but do not speak to Tyrael until the host dings 70. Once that happens, Tyrael will give you level 70 caches. This way, the powerleveller will still get something out of it for his time.

Strider

We'll I'm up to paragon 232. Finally got two drops I really wanted today. A legendary potion; Bottomless of the Diamond.

And finally got a Flying Dragon. Here's the roll:

sd3DPLh.png

Not the greatest lol

DarkFlow

Banned
Is there anyone playing in the overflow clan anymore? I sent a join request a few days ago and heard nothing back. It also says there hasn't been an officer on in more than 3 days.

My Blizzard ID is Darkflow83#1646

MrDaravon

Season 2 should have started like, a month ago. Unless they do drastically more with Season 2 then they've currently shown/announced I think I'm pretty much done. Got over 1000 hours in so I can hardly complain, but they significantly dropped the ball post ROS launch. At the very least they made a pretty huge turnaround from what the game launched as I suppose.

Xanathus

I'll probably be there when season 2 starts to get the transmog but won't be grinding hardcore to get on the leaderboards unlike season 1.

Pepto

Banned
i think seasons should last a maximum of 60 days. season 1 has gone on far too long.

If seasons were only a month long only maybe one or two people would find that good ancient furnace and dominate the leaderboards no matter how badly they play.

Blizzard wants more people to have a chance on the leaderboards.

Nymerio

They dropped the ball on this so hard. Is season 2 going to be same as season 1 only with different legendaries?

I don't think I'll be back for another season if they don't do something special.

Nymerio

Depends on what the new content is. If they just add a tile set and slap another 3000% dmg proc on some item and call it a day it wouldn't be enough. They should look at some of the leagues PoE is doing to get some ideas. I mean I love D3's gameplay but a new tileset and another thrown together set isn't really doing it for me contentwise. Haven't been keeping up with what's really coming in S2 though.

Syntek

S2 is not going to have nearly as much new content as S1 did. As far as content patch goes, S1 patch was second only to RoS patch itself. Greater rifts, leaderboards, legendary gems, they were already in the works to go along with RoS, but weren't quite ready until S1 dropped. Looking back at entirety of D3, they patched in paragon, infernal machines, and brawling over the course of 2 years. Every other patch in between involved number tweaking (i.e. droprate, proc rate, skill dmg, monster density, HP/dmg, etc). That is what Patch 2.1.2 is, a number tweaking patch. There will be some new variations of existing builds, but nothing that will be fundamentally different. We will see new items trickling in, but I don't think there will be another huge influx of new items until the next expansion hits.

Problem is, unless they add in enough new items to dilute the current pool of items (somewhere in excess of 500 legendaries), S2 gear grind is not going to feel significantly different than S1. IMO, restricting drop pool will actually do a lot more. Cut the pool of two-handers by 1/4 for a Season, and now there's incentive to play Season for those wanting an Ancient Furnace. Rotate with other slots for each Seasons and make them short. As a non-Season player myself, this would compel me to opt in and out of specific Seasons in order to find the items I want.

I didn't play a season 1 character and I doubt I'll play a season two. I'll continue to jump on for the occasional rift until a major patch or expansion happens.

dekjo

Hello,

Never played a Diablo game before and just bought this on PS4. Anything I should read/be aware of before diving in? I.e., class suggestions/build guides/lore & background, etc. I can browse this and old threads, but figured I'd also ask.

Thanks

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Hello,

Never played a Diablo game before and just bought this on PS4. Anything I should read/be aware of before diving in? I.e., class suggestions/build guides/lore & background, etc. I can browse this and old threads, but figured I'd also ask.

Thanks

Make sure you enable the Elective Mode option since the game restricts your skill choices to one per category with it enabled. You can get more powerful builds with it off.

Otherwise, I'd say have fun just playing through trying everything out yourself. The early game is pretty forgiving and there's a lot of fun (content) in that early exploration which you miss out on when following someone else's guide. Once you start bumping into the torment difficulty after level 70 and you want to find the optimal stuff, the class subreddits on reddit.com/r/diablo have some good guides. Check the links on the right side of the page there.

I'd recommend witch doctor for starting out. The pets are pretty helpful and their skills are interesting.

There's a console-specific thread here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872639

dekjo

Make sure you turn off the Elective Mode option since the game restricts your skill choices to one per category with it enabled. You can get more powerful builds with it off.

Otherwise, I'd say have fun just playing through trying everything out yourself. The early game is pretty forgiving and there's a lot of fun (content) in that early exploration which you miss out on when following someone else's guide. Once you start bumping into the torment difficulty after level 70 and you want to find the optimal stuff, the class subreddits on reddit.com/r/diablo have some good guides. Check the links on the right side of the page there.

I'd recommend witch doctor for starting out. The pets are pretty helpful and their skills are interesting.

There's a console-specific thread here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872639

Thanks. I turned off Elective Mode. And I'll start another run with a Witch Doctor and go back and forth until the Monk or WD win me over.

But yeah, I don't want to follow a guide. Definitely am looking forward to learning and exploring the game myself, just was curious about any newbie pointers/starter suggestions. What you provided is perfect, thank you.

LFG

Neophyte
If i unlock the seasonal transmogs on a hc character, are they also available to sc chars? what if i only did it in sc, would the transmogs be available to my hc char?

edit: looks like when you unlock the transmogs, it is account wide, sc and hc.

Ayumi

Feeling kinda sad about this game.. I spent so much time and effort on it and have been playing on and off since launch.

Even after reading the upcoming patch notes, I don't think I will be playing anymore unless we get an expansion, or they do some DRASTIC changes. I'm 100% done with rifts. And bounties? The hell if I'm doing those anymore.

I really *want* to keep playing the game, but I'm so fed up with how repetitive it is right now. And sadly, Diablo 3 is what it is, and I don't think that there will be any future drastic changes. Surely there might be an expansion in the future (I mean, we gotta see Leah again, and Diablo never truly died) because Blizzard wants to milk a dead cow, but that's only temporarily anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom