• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingeniero

I'm planning to return to the game later this week, it's been a while but I want to try the new patch before S2
02Do2Ff.png

Probably just get used to the play style and work on clearing more efficiently. My gear hasn't changed significantly since the patch and my first run ended on 38, whereas last night I did a 43. Have a profile link?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/lunarknite-1433/hero/2629995

I usually use Serenity and a defensive passive instead of Dashing Strike and Fleet Footed for GRs. I could definitely use a better amulet and ring, but it's the best I have since it does give me CHD and Vit.

And yeah, I'm not really used to dragging Elites so I do have to work on that so EP is doing something. Thanks for the responses.

mercviper

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/lunarknite-1433/hero/2629995

I usually use Serenity and a defensive passive instead of Dashing Strike and Fleet Footed for GRs. I could definitely use a better amulet and ring, but it's the best I have since it does give me CHD and Vit.

And yeah, I'm not really used to dragging Elites so I do have to work on that so EP is doing something. Thanks for the responses.
Yeah probably your biggest gate right now is lacking the unity combo. It doesn't really matter what stats are on it because the toughness gain is so immense.

Edit: I would also use DS over serenity since dashing out of bad situations is nearly as good as immunity and you get the added benefit of being to do it once per four seconds

Yeah probably your biggest gate right now is lacking the unity combo. It doesn't really matter what stats are on it because the toughness gain is so immense.

Edit: I would also use DS over serenity since dashing out of bad situations is nearly as good as immunity and you get the added benefit of being to do it once per four seconds

Just need to find one more Unity then and give the STR one I found to my Templar. Which DS rune is best? Quicksilver for the extra charge, or the one with dodge chance?

mercviper

Just need to find one more Unity then and give the STR one I found to my Templar. Which DS rune is best? Quicksilver for the extra charge, or the one with dodge chance?

Personal preference really. I started with quicksilver but eventually found myself always with 1-2 charges available without it so I upgraded to dodge for extra on the spot mitigation. The most important thing is being able to use the skill to get away and that means having the charge available.

Edit: For comparison, here's my monk: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MercViper-1232/hero/52966686

My most recent change was swapping out leorics and gogok for a zeis and tkg. I lost a lot of cdr but the damage boost at range is amazing when I can take advantage of it, and dealing with a lot of affixes/rgs are much easier. Extra bonus from tkg is epiphany doesn't port you next to them when you cast WoL unless you are out of spirit. I'm not using unity passive since the damage boost is additive with taeguk and my WoL bonuses and swapped to chant of resonance for more uptime in WoL casting.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
Wizard. Cast Apocalypse and Hydra. Wait for FB dot. Move on to next stack.
Ive thought of that as well as M6 but it doesnt shoot automatically anymore, am I correct? Not sure I would enjoy a dot build.

Any other build ideas, how is the new monk or does crusader having any 1 click easy builds?

Addnan

I rolled 5 ancient augild chest and none of them have base stat, wtf and now i have run out of reusable parts because fuck bliz. 25 per roll.

Fonds

I rolled 5 ancient augild chest and none of them have base stat, wtf and now i have run out of reusable parts because fuck bliz. 25 per roll.

Not that much use in crafting ancient set pieces.
Theyre not going to out perform class set pieces or ones with legendary affixes.

The ancient legendary weapons on the other hand are an upgrade due to raw DPS.

Addnan

The Guardian had about 400m points left with 2 seconds to go and I was about to cry, got through a 36 with all annoying electric elites, reapers or whatever the hell they are. Mixed with poison. Fuck me. I know the level is not anything special, but goddam when it popped up you have completed the rift with 0m and 0 seconds lefts it felt good. 14:59.750

edit: My taeuguk wasn't stacking with sweeping wind because rcr was so high it made it so sweeping wind didn't use anything =/

Syntek

I'm new to DH and trying to play a M6 Frost build. I can't seem to keep enough hatred to really be functional. Can anyone critique my build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/tjohn86-1840/hero/1817097

From some research it seems:

- Switch to fire
- Switch to 2hand
- IAS is out, Reduced resource cost is in

Thanks
You got the basic idea. I will add a few more things.

As far as Hatred regen goes, there are three approaches:
1. Run a traditional generator, typically evasive fire with the +7 hatred rune.
2. Stack cooldown, and rely on Prep, Wolf, and/or Seethe to regen when there are no globes around.
3. Run EA + Krieder

Any of the above is better than Chakram+Spine. Chakram simply does not deal enough damage to warrant the loss of Rucksack, not to mention the slower regen. Krieder+EA regen is also slow, but EA isn't as terrible as Chakram.

Addnan

My WoL description is a bit off I think. Shouldn't there be a second bit saying, " Summon an ancient pillar that deals 635% weapon damage as Lightning, followed by 785% weapon damage as Lightning over 3 seconds to enemies who remain in the area". Hope I am still getting the damage proc..

Fire feels so much better for trials, but lightning is apparently more powerful overall. Hmm.

tjohn86

You got the basic idea. I will add a few more things.

As far as Hatred regen goes, there are three approaches:
1. Run a traditional generator, typically evasive fire with the +7 hatred rune.
2. Stack cooldown, and rely on Prep, Wolf, and/or Seethe to regen when there are no globes around.
3. Run EA + Krieder

Any of the above is better than Chakram+Spine. Chakram simply does not deal enough damage to warrant the loss of Rucksack, not to mention the slower regen. Krieder+EA regen is also slow, but EA isn't as terrible as Chakram.

Thanks! I made a few changes. How do I look now?

Multishot vs CA is a tough call.

Syntek

DHs have been at 38 for months.

The problem with EU clan is that we only have 5 seasonal players that take the game seriously and four of those have been gone for months.

Same with the US clan. I believe Ballis and Joesmokey were the only seasonal players that attempted to climb GRs seriously, and both main Wizard. On the non-season side, it's just Ayumi, Celegus and myself. Others really didn't bother with GRs much.

That's just seasons, Syntek is up to 45 or 46 non-season, something crazy.

47 now ;)
ejTdNoW.jpg

Xanathus

I could definitely go higher on season's DH GR but I'm keeping the ranking low to encourage more competition. It sucks that NeoGAF clan isn't more competitive but I wouldn't want to join a more hardcore clan since there's no way I have enough time to play *only* D3.

I could definitely go higher on season's DH GR but I'm keeping the ranking low to encourage more competition. It sucks that NeoGAF clan isn't more competitive but I wouldn't want to join a more hardcore clan since there's no way I have enough time to play *only* D3.

I think most could care less for the competitiveness of GR when it's pylons and rng is what mattered most. Trying to get a lucky good GR is painfully boring.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
YKicNX4.png

Got a Buriza while rift running, but it does substantially less damage than my Windforce. The only way I can see fixing it is trying to enchant a socket into it so I can slap an emerald in there. =\

I'm salty. I got a Furnace 2 days ago and my first Wand of Woh today. And I suddenly don't feel like it matters because they're not Ancient. Spent a fair amount of time over 8 months trying to get those kinds of items and i feel like I'm getting them when they're not even relevant. Seems to be a pattern, as I got my first Kridershot 2 weeks before RoS and haven't gotten another since.

Help me feel better, GAF.

Xanathus

I think most could care less for the competitiveness of GR when it's pylons and rng is what mattered most. Trying to get a lucky good GR is painfully boring.

They've already nerfed the pylons, and I imagine no one of those in the GAF clan used exploits to get higher GR ranks so the clan leaderboards should be competitive. If you've already obtained the BIS gear there's nothing else to do but compete on leaderboards, otherwise you might as well just stop playing altogether.

Celegus

RNG is less of a factor with basically every rift being full of enemies, the main thing now is trying to avoid floors full of exarchs / punishers / winged assassins, etc. And the pylons are actually quite nice now, as they are much more plentiful but not quite as devastating (especially conduit).

ElyrionX

I'm salty. I got a Furnace 2 days ago and my first Wand of Woh today. And I suddenly don't feel like it matters because they're not Ancient. Spent a fair amount of time over 8 months trying to get those kinds of items and i feel like I'm getting them when they're not even relevant. Seems to be a pattern, as I got my first Kridershot 2 weeks before RoS and haven't gotten another since.

Help me feel better, GAF.

Yep. T6 is so easy you probably don't need ancient weapons to clear them efficiently.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Well, that was fun. Did a quick rift and was in the Westmarch cemetery. Had 4 packs of blues and a yellow elite in close proximity to one another, and managed to aggro all of them. That made for quite the impressive repair bill!

I tried vaulting past them thinking, "There can't be more of them!" And moments later I was all, "Oh god, there's more of them... T_T "

Nymerio

I'm having so much fun on my monk right now, I'm pretty sure I'll be burnt out on the game again by the time the new season starts. This is the first time I actually feel like I'm doing damage and have fun at the same time without feeling like my fingers are going to fall off at any moment. I even started to run greater rifts for fun and managed to clear lvl 33 within the time limit. That's a personal best for me at the moment and I can't wait to try to get to the higher levels.

Addnan

The drop rate of these rings have become ridiculous right. Just the last two days.

tcK3jbW.png

and I gave couple of Unity to just random people in public lobby.

Fonds

The drop rate of these rings have become ridiculous right. Just the last two days.

tcK3jbW.png

Damn.. jealous... Been trying to find a second unity for ages now. Kadala Queen of RNG hasn't been kind to me either.

Taz

Wish they would just start season two, don't see the point playing right now with the borked GR leader boards and i think it's time to start from fresh.

Celegus

That's just you. The only thing I need for my Crusader is a SoJ with physical or holy damage. The only one I've found in the last 200 paragon levels was an intelligence one on my crusader, and have dumped 90% of my shards into rings as well.

Fonds

That's just you. The only thing I need for my Crusader is a SoJ with physical or holy damage. The only one I've found in the last 200 paragon levels was an intelligence one on my crusader, and have dumped 90% of my shards into rings as well.

Yeh all I've been getting is manald heals or set rings.

Addnan

Ah damn, thought for sure they bumped the drop rate of the rings. Haven't found any that are particularly wow, but they have been dropping. Through Kadala and end of grifts.

Woo, just did a 37 at 10:51. Making my way up.

Celegus

Ah damn, thought for sure they bumped the drop rate of the rings. Haven't found any that are particularly wow, but they have been dropping. Through Kadala and end of grifts.

Woo, just did a 37 at 10:51. Making my way up.

Are you in the GAF clan? Or are you EU?

Xanathus

Well for DH at least it turns out that SoJ isn't needed at all compared to a Unity at least for solo high GRs. The bigger issue at higher GRs is defenses and you should be able to compensate for the lack of damage with ancient weapons. For T6 your damage output should be high enough that an SoJ is irrelevant.

Celegus

Well for DH at least it turns out that SoJ isn't needed at all compared to a Unity at least for solo high GRs. The bigger issue at higher GRs is defenses and you should be able to compensate for the lack of damage with ancient weapons. For T6 your damage output should be high enough that an SoJ is irrelevant.
T6 is a complete joke, but I'm pretty sure I could crack the crusader top 100 overall leaderboard if I had a SoJ with an element, instead of the one I use that doesn't even have an element.

EU unfortunately. Made that wrong decision when I returned to the game last year.
Ah, too bad.

Xanathus

T6 is a complete joke, but I'm pretty sure I could crack the crusader top 100 overall leaderboard if I had a SoJ with an element, instead of the one I use that doesn't even have an element.
I doubt that you can without a Unity, the damage at high GRs is ridiculous. Then again I don't know how tough Crusaders are at high ends.

Fonds

With my barbarian I'm mostly running into single target DPS problems when using the raekor build.

I'm absolutely blasting through GR 34/35 until the boss appears at that point it takes me about 5 minutes to down.
Having a unity will allow me to ditch some survivability and go for more raw DPS.

Celegus

I doubt that you can without a Unity, the damage at high GRs is ridiculous. Then again I don't know how tough Crusaders are at high ends.

I don't need a RORG actually, I use full Akkhan so that I can have SoJ and Unity. With Gogok, I can still keep AC up 99% of the time without Leoric's.

w4ttsup

With my barbarian I'm mostly running into single target DPS problems when using the raekor build.

I'm absolutely blasting through GR 34/35 until the boss appears at that point it takes me about 5 minutes to down.
Having a unity will allow me to ditch some survivability and go for more raw DPS.

Ensure you're using COTA with fire rune and stacking as much physical and elite damage as possible.

I've actually found my Furnace and Heartslaughter to be as affective as a well-rolled ancient Maximus.

VoxPop

They really need to bring trading back.

My fondest memories of D2 were ripping people off in LOD Trading USEast-1 on a daily basis. Even managing to trade one massively duped occy ring for a Cruel Matriarchal Bow of Evisceration then for 5 Unid Windforces after a huge layoff from the game in a matter of a day. Good times.

I understand it semi ruins the game due to all those farming sites, bots and scams but it really kept it a little more alive. I hate the looting system they implemented with whatever patch it was where you only get class specific items.

What fun is having a bunch of stuff that you don't use in your stash and just leveling legendary gems all day? Gimme my 40x 3/20/20's and perfect Runewords.

Syntek

As long as the game only tracks your best clear, fishing for a good rift will remain part of the metagame. If the game had tracked the average of all attempts, that would be a more useful measure.

The RNG factor has been reduced substantially in 2.1.2, and I think we can generally expect a spread of around 2-3 tiers for two identical setups, the outliers being those extreme "1%" rift fishing. With that in mind, I do feel that GR is a now a reasonable platform for evaluating different builds (wrt to their solo capability; team play is an entirely different beast).

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Has a date been set for when Season 2 actually begins? I know Season 1 is over on February 3rd, but is there an interim period before the second season starts, or will it go straight into it?

Thinking of making a melee character for it but haven't decided between monk and crusader yet.

Baliis

As long as the game only tracks your best clear, fishing for a good rift will remain part of the metagame. If the game had tracked the average of all attempts, that would be a more useful measure.

The RNG factor has been reduced substantially in 2.1.2, and I think we can generally expect a spread of around 2-3 tiers for two identical setups, the outliers being those extreme "1%" rift fishing. With that in mind, I do feel that GR is a now a reasonable platform for evaluating different builds (wrt to their solo capability; team play is an entirely different beast).

The rng to me is equally as bad really. Almost worse. A full zombie rift like the 43 I almost managed is hilariously easy to survive in, but the second I get a single bad mob I really struggle with the new density because I can't kite forwards as well anymore. I just port into more mobs and get destroyed. there's more mobs to kill, but I often spend too long hanging back now instead of moving forward or I'll have to much to deal with.

I'm still pissed about that 43 though damn, I missed it by like a second because the shitty succubus RG took so long. If it had been any other guardian besides like Rime or Orlash, I woulda had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom