• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baliis

I could definitely go higher on season's DH GR but I'm keeping the ranking low to encourage more competition. It sucks that NeoGAF clan isn't more competitive but I wouldn't want to join a more hardcore clan since there's no way I have enough time to play *only* D3.

It's a start anyways.. I actually really like the new DH set, so much more fun to play.

BeNC3Gq.jpg

Syntek

Well, I think I'm done with the DH leaderboard for a while.

It's going take a better Etrayu and at least a couple more Ancient pieces to even stand a chance at beyond 48.
abKiuce.jpg

Celegus

I should've figured that Kadala gives me a Flying Dragon now that I don't need it anymore :|

I've found three already since the patch, it's crazy. I'm guessing dual wielding isn't great with the new SWK? Found an ancient Thunderfury in my quest for an Incense Torch.

Sarcasm

S1 ends this month and S2 starts in feb? I googled and all I can find is what to expect when S1 ends. Is anything going to be different about S2?

Also is PL still a thing? I want to get my non-s1 64 wiz and 62 barb to 70.

Insaniac

Hey guys, I haven't played in several months, completely lost sight of what was going on with the new patch, new seasons. Do I have to eventually refarm for ancient gear now on my chars? When is season 2? Are the new sets out? I'm so lost, are there any new builds right now or is everything the same for now, just with ancient gear?

Should I just continue doing rifts and grifts and hope for ancient gear, basically until the new season drops?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Ramadlani, right? It's a fun word to say! Unless of course I have it wrong, in which case it should be that instead.

Close, it's "Indalamar" backwards, so Ramaladni. I had been reading it as Ramaldani for a while - sounds like a genie or something, heh.

I knew everything on there except the RG names and the 1H weapon that causes amplified damage. I feel like I should know which weapon this is but it's not coming to me. Everything was fairly easy IMO.

Probably the "1H weapon" phrasing throwing you off - it's
Calamity

Never jumped into season 1, thinking I might play a WD in season 2. One class I've never really played. I do have a 70 on non season but it was a power level so he has absolutely no gear and I don't even think I've set skills yet.

That 1-70 without a power level is going to feel bad though. Any tips for those who were day 1 players in season 1?

It would be slow but I was thinking of just grinding a shit tonne of bounties, as it would also help re stock my keys. I don't like dropping below 200 for some reason.

Addnan

This must be broken right... I just spent 140m rolling for reduce damage from elites on my chest piece. Has not popped up yet.

Addnan

Did a 40 on my Monk. Rime took about 5mins to take down I think.

Reduced elite dmg affix is super rare to get in a reroll in my experience.

It's the rarest chest affix IIRC. Only gotten it once as native too, which was a miracle.

Only wanted it because I finally found what looked like a decent ancient Augild chest piece, then saw no secondary resist after spending about 200m so have left that now.

edissonlcn

Neo Member
Dropped a new Torch on my monk last night and tried my way through GR 40+

This is the result :D
LDVJvV8.jpg

I got to RG in GR43 with 2 minutes left, but that wasnt enough time to burn him down =/.
I'll try again tonight.

Celegus

Was about 5 seconds too late finishing a GR40 on my monk, mostly because my weapon is pretty meh. RG proceeds to drop Incense Torch. It's not even a very good one, but this thing is just bananas. Just need to decide if I like Fire or Holy more, since those are the two SWK amulets I have.

edissonlcn

Neo Member
Was about 5 seconds too late finishing a GR40 on my monk, mostly because my weapon is pretty meh. RG proceeds to drop Incense Torch. It's not even a very good one, but this thing is just bananas. Just need to decide if I like Fire or Holy more, since those are the two SWK amulets I have.
My old Incense Torch was really bad, it had like the lowest damage it could roll I think,and I was able to do GR40 easily. Its just that good.

Celegus

My old Incense Torch was really bad, it had like the lowest damage it could roll I think,and I was able to do GR40 easily. Its just that good.

Yeah mine was ~20 points off from both minimum and maximum damage, terrible. Came with a socket, so I just rerolled the base damage to near max. Still a huge improvement even if I'm losing a decent chunk of sheet deeps.

Syntek

Who needs to do a 44? I have no idea how I managed that.

Dropped a new Torch on my monk last night and tried my way through GR 40+

This is the result :D

I got to RG in GR43 with 2 minutes left, but that wasnt enough time to burn him down =/.
I'll try again tonight.

Nice work guys.

How do DHs handle Jailer in high GRs without Julia Cameo? I notice that all of the top ones on the leaderboards don't use it.

By keeping them at the very edge of the screen, just outside the Jailer range. That being said, if it had fast and teleporter affix thrown in, there's not much you can do there. Similarly, if you get skeleton king as the RG, you are screwed. He'll just TP to you and spam mass Jailer.

ElyrionX

fLoE3xG.png

Not a great drop and a substantial downgrade from my ancient General Quang daibo. How should I roll this? RCR to LPSS or the damage range higher?

Celegus

Not a great drop and a substantial downgrade from my ancient General Quang daibo. How should I roll this? RCR to LPSS or the damage range higher?

I think +10% damage would get you higher than rerolling the base damage. Personally I'd replace RCR (since I use Inna's to spam SW) with +10% damage, or LPSS if you're in need of survivability.

Err'body getting Torches all of a sudden!

LFG

Neophyte
I lost my HC DH last night. I was feeling extra risky, so I set it to T6 and killed Diablo. Then I decided to take on Malthael. I got him down to about half health and then he destroyed me. And I had just put together a good set too! But, that's the HC life.

I'm debating on moving over to softcore. I've never lost a character to lag or a dc, but man, those feels you get when losing everything you've poured hours into :( I'm about plvl 300 on HC and plvl 24 on softcore. I think it's time to make the switch.

Do you guys mostly play normal or HC?

Addnan

Fuuuucck. I get to the guardian with so much time left and I think it was Erethon, can take him out quite easily and my fucking game starts lagging like crazy. Fuck sake. No more 41 keys left :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom