• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

The problem with making an item like Kridershot extremely rare is that the game is effectively locking a playstyle and making it only available to a small group of players. Making the item have random stat rolls worsens the situation. It should be either a very rare drop with very little roll variations or a common leg drop with highly variable rolls. Even if I do find a regular Krider now, it probably wouldn't be as effective as my ancient Buriza which is quite frustrating.

Bit of free time over the next couple of weeks, time to jump back into D3 I think. Tried a quick rift a little earlier to see what was different, didn't change any gear or skills/passives and holy shit I feel weak now. Haven't even read patch notes yet though so time to do some research about what I need to change on my DH to adapt to the new patch.

Syntek

I know someone who has been playing DH since day one of RoS and never found one. Shit's ridiculous.

It took me 550+ paragon to see my first Chanon, 600+ to see Krider, and 650+ to see calamity. And I play DH almost exclusively. You can plug those numbers into a paragon calculator to see how silly it is.

It took me 550+ paragon to see my first Chanon, 600+ to see Krider, and 650+ to see calamity. And I play DH almost exclusively. You can plug those numbers into a paragon calculator to see how silly it is.

yea it's fucking nonsense. I simply refused to put that kind of time in to get the drops I was looking for. too much other shit to play. but I'll give it the college try. Maybe 33 paragon levels worth of trying, which would leave me at paragon 333 for the season. That's enough.

Seem to be doing the same if not slightly more damage on my DH, few pieces of gear to re roll etc first which should push my damage past what it was before. Survivability has tanked though. Struggling to stay alive in a standard t6 rift atm.

Celegus

Took back my Crusader leaderboard spot with a GR40, and just barely missed finishing a GR42 by a few seconds.

Also, bad time for my internet to die.
92oM1rG.jpg

Luckily it was just shoulders, but didn't quite make it in time.

TSM

Far out, I know this issue has been mentioned many times before but it's never effected me till now. 5k+ veiled crystals in my stash, 60 arcane dust.

I don't even understand why you still need these mats. I could understand maybe 1 type of mat as a token, but having to collect blues which are completely useless is such a waste of time.

anyone still doing Rifts farming for ancients?
..I wanna come back to this game but I need to team up for T6 rifts and farm ancients firebirds :(

here is my ID
AldzDrakul#1229

ElyrionX

I have a Wiz and a DH who are both pretty geared. Going to start building up a third character. I have a Monk and Crus, both Level 70. Which one is more fun or more powerful right now?

Addnan

Did a 42 in a team of 4 and managed to get my Taeguk up 1 whole level! That sweet 0.5% extra on a 61 stack haha.

Then tried a few 40s on my own and as soon as I jump in fire, electric, plagued, chained all thrown at me at once. Fuck this game. The chained guys are the worst, the slightest touch and dead.

Duress

I really wish I could replace my Sunwuko amulet with something else. I need an element absorbing amulet. It's too much damage to stay in as melee.

RS4-

Got an ancient Leoric's Crown, not bad I guess for the gem modifier.

I do have to clear my stash though, completely full.

desverger

Finally crafted an ancient UBB.

Got some pretty nice rolls too, but sadly didn't get both +dmg and dex. Funnily enough the 1k dex was a better damage upgrade than 10% damage, so I've stuck with that :p

itsmedave

I have a question if that's possible. I bought D3 and the standard Reaper of Souls. Is the upgrade to the ROS Deluxe worth it if I don't play any other Blizzard games? Thanks so much for any reply.

Negator

I have a question if that's possible. I bought D3 and the standard Reaper of Souls. Is the upgrade to the ROS Deluxe worth it if I don't play any other Blizzard games? Thanks so much for any reply.

It really isn't worth it, even if you play a lot of Blizzard games, in my opinion.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

There is no such thing as ROS "Deluxe". There's vanilla Diablo 3, and Reaper of Souls, which is the first and only expansion at the moment. If you buy D3 with RoS, you get access to all the content that is produced for the game, and all the updates, bar none... Well, until they come up with a new expansion, that is (which they will at some point, but nothing revealed just yet).

[EDIT] Oh, you're talking about the more expensive version of the game with a few extras thrown in? Yeah, from what I recall it's not really worth it, even if you play other Blizzard games.

Xanathus

Well just look at the Diablo-specific cosmetic stuff and think if it's worth it to you. It sure isn't to me and almost everyone else because I never see people using the ghost puppy. The only thing it *might* be worth for is the hero slots but that's up to you to figure out.

Welp, I always thought I'd never do it because it looks boring but since pet doctors blow with the huge density buff, I simply made made a zdps WD with 55% CDR and 30m toughness with one of my spare kukri and Taskers. This feels broken and I wouldn't be surprised if they changed tikiladian mask, because it fears for 8s and has cooldown of like 4s...

I'm sad that my Wiz Class is like the bottom of the barrel now on GRIFTS and etc

I wanna go strong and go Wiz on Season 2 again but it's hard ;_;

I might transition to a DH or BarB for my next season I guess

I'm sad that my Wiz Class is like the bottom of the barrel now on GRIFTS and etc

I wanna go strong and go Wiz on Season 2 again but it's hard ;_;

I might transition to a DH or BarB for my next season I guess

Yeah firebirds dot feels weak as shit when it ticks for 100ishm while barb can furious charge for 300m+ with furnace.

Sadly this is how it's going to be, Blizzard chooses a skill to make a set for and it'll likely be OP for that patch until next patch where they feel like they don't like it. >_>

Current rankings
Barb - GR53
DH - GR51
Crusader - GR46
Monk - GR46
WD - GR45
Wizard - GR45

Classes in the 45ish range to 50+ is a MASSIVE difference in hp for monsters. That's how poorly balanced the game is.

Syntek

Welp, I always thought I'd never do it because it looks boring but since pet doctors blow with the huge density buff, I simply made made a zdps WD with 55% CDR and 30m toughness with one of my spare kukri and Taskers. This feels broken and I wouldn't be surprised if they changed tikiladian mask, because it fears for 8s and has cooldown of like 4s...

It is broken. There is one and only one strategy you need to know for team GR: follow the Fear Doc. It's been like this for months. It's unfortunate that mentality is so entrenched in team GR gameplay. I do wish there are legitimate methods to survive in high GRs, hopefully new Seasonal Gem changes that.

Dahbomb

Yeah firebirds dot feels weak as shit when it ticks for 100ishm while barb can furious charge for 300m+ with furnace.

Sadly this is how it's going to be, Blizzard chooses a skill to make a set for and it'll likely be OP for that patch until next patch where they feel like they don't like it. >_>

Current rankings
Barb - GR53
DH - GR51
Crusader - GR46
Monk - GR46
WD - GR45
Wizard - GR45

Classes in the 45ish range to 50+ is a MASSIVE difference in hp for monsters. That's how poorly balanced the game is.
This post doesn't give the full picture.

Those Barbarian rankings at the top are from pre-2.1.2 days with the absurd Conduit Pylon. The rankings for actual 2.1.2 Barb performance is much lower... I believe it's GR46.

Demon Hunter ranking should also be much lower (they are at 47) although I would rate Demon Hunters as the best in the new patch by a considerable margin.

Syntek

This post doesn't give the full picture.

Those Barbarian rankings at the top are from pre-2.1.2 days with the absurd Conduit Pylon. The rankings for actual 2.1.2 Barb performance is much lower... I believe it's GR46.

Demon Hunter ranking should also be much lower (they are at 47) although I would rate Demon Hunters as the best in the new patch by a considerable margin.

I would also look at rank#1000 for a more representative picture. If the top rank took 99 fails before 1 successful rift, I think that reflects more on that individual's dedication and luck.

Probably in the minority here but I really wish they would have far less rubbish legendaries and bring the drop rate down dramatically instead of dropping like candy but 95% if not more of the time being complete rubbish and an instant salvage. I remember when they were hard to come by it was such an awesome feeling to have one drop and the other party members instantly become jealous. Now they drop like candy and hardly cause any excitement.

Maybe the ancient items should have a different beam color to set them apart and make it more exciting again. Though I have had 3 ancient items drop and weren't even worth keeping in the stash.

Strider

I've tried logging on 3-4 times tonight in hopes it'd change but everytime i log on I'm getting 800+ ping. Guess no D3 for me tonight. sucks :/

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
D'oh

Just dawned on me I should be crafting weapons to get the ancient legendary 30% damage boost instead of waiting on one to drop

Time to farm arcane dust weee

Ancient Devastator here I come

Dahbomb

Probably in the minority here but I really wish they would have far less rubbish legendaries and bring the drop rate down dramatically instead of dropping like candy but 95% if not more of the time being complete rubbish and an instant salvage. I remember when they were hard to come by it was such an awesome feeling to have one drop and the other party members instantly become jealous. Now they drop like candy and hardly cause any excitement.

Maybe the ancient items should have a different beam color to set them apart and make it more exciting again. Though I have had 3 ancient items drop and weren't even worth keeping in the stash.
When was that? For as long as I have been playing D3, most of the time you got a Legendary it was ass. This was double the case in the original D3 when Legendaries didn't even have decent affixes.

There are still Legendaries that cause excitement. If I get an Ancient Torch of Incense with either LPSS/10% damage then I would be over the moon.

I do however agree with different color beams for Ancient. Sometimes I have to look twice at an item to see that it's in fact an Ancient.

Nymerio

I didn't even want to play this again, yet I played a couple of hours over the weekend. Switched my monk over to SWK again, I really liked what they did with the set bonus. The bell spam still hurts my fingers but it's a marked improvement over the previous mantra spam. Got an incense torch (I think that's what it's called) with 40% or so +dmg to bells spirit reduction for bells and a spirit stone with +bell dmg. The amount of toughness you lose if you get rid of the passive that grants dodge rating while dual wielding takes some time to get used to though.

Well first night back in a few months was fruitful.

1.) A guy gave me his Furnace drop because he had one slightly better

2.) I got that stupid Aether Walker. First one in 300 paragon levels.

3.) Got a really good Serpent Sparker. Dunno if the double hydra thing is still good outside of GR grinding, but I'd been waiting for one of those too.

Saw a couple of people get some ancient items and they seemed pretty cool. I'll be using my only gift on the Furnace, I think. If I get a second, I'll put it on the Sparker. I'd really like a strong Sparker. But my luck has been bad with Gift drops, as I've only had 1 (that I saw) in 300+ hours of RoS play.

Taz

Current rankings
Barb - GR53
DH - GR51
Crusader - GR46
Monk - GR46
WD - GR45
Wizard - GR45

These are the season 2 PTR numbers with Season 2 Legendarys active,

Final PTR Update - 1-9-2015

SEASON 2
Barb - 47
Cru - 47
DH - 50
Monk - 50
WD - 46 (+2)
Wiz - 46

mercviper

Pack rat mentality paid off and I had this in my stash to help me get back into the swing of things :D

sCWnydr.png

So far my best solo clear is a 42 with the new patch, not sure how I'm going to break 44+ though. Maybe a playstyle change with Tzo Krin's where I go more glass cannon?

Also, does anyone know if LoH is better than LpSS now that we've switch to WoL and generator/use less spirit than before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom