• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

You can craft these if you want but really you want an Incense Torch to be able to spam Bells more often.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/rozpedins-staff

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/cataclysm

Thanks.

I am aware of Incense Torch so I am just waiting for that to drop. I'm glad it's not one of those Krider/Woh/SMK rarity items.

I only got my Monk to 70 yesterday. Geared him with stuff I hoarded while playing DH and he is doing fine in T4. Doesn't have enough DPS to make T6 efficient yet. I presume getting the 4pc bonus from SWK would take him up to T6 immediately?

Also I see all these high end builds but how are they running around with no generators? And having not played melee since vanilla, how does a Monk deal with frozen and arcane sentries? Run away when you see it? It's a very foreign concept to someone who has been main-ing Wiz and DH lol.

Dahbomb

That Daibo is fucking beautiful!

And as far as LPSS vs LOH goes:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15698805020

I am pretty sure LOH will come out on top at high RCR especially with the Daibo's own RCR.

Also I see all these high end builds but how are they running around with no generators? And having not played melee since vanilla, how does a Monk deal with frozen and arcane sentries? Run away when you see it? It's a very foreign concept to someone who has been main-ing Wiz and DH.
Incense Torch drops the resource cost of Bells dramatically so that is one component.

The other components of this are:

Epiphany - When this is up you have an insane amount of Spirit regen. It also gives you a ton of toughness if you are using Desert Shroud rune. This skill is on every Monk and you want maximum up time.

Stack RCR + CDR on gear and in Paragon points.

Broken Crown - Doubles the effect of the Diamond in the socket for even more CDR.

Crudest Boots - An extremely important item to have insane Spirit regen (8 per second). This combined with Air Ally is what makes it possible. Also the Active ability of Air Ally gives you 200 Spirit INSTANTLY. With CDR this becomes even more effective.

Mantra of Healing - Circular Breathing - Gives you passive Spirit regen

Passive skills: Chant of resonance and Exalted Soul are some of the passives that give you more passive spirit regen. There's also Guardian Path.

Golgok of Swiftness of Gem: Gives a ton of CDR

Sweeping Wind - One of the runes gives you a bunch of Spirit regen as well and this is used as well.

You can also go for Captain Crimson's set piece bonus for even more RCR.

When you have the components, you can spam Bells for a very long time before running dry. Even if you run dry you can pop Air Ally but only pop it when you are off Epiphany. During Epiphany you will have all the Spirit that you would need.

As far as your question on how to avoid ground affixes.... depending on the difficulty you can just tank through them with LPSS/LOH or you can avoid them completely with Dashing Strike (another must have skill for Monk). There is also the option of using the Tzo's Gaze helm that makes your WoL usable as a ranged attack which makes it much safer to use and basically makes Monk a ranged class. Most ground affixes can be avoided though, you just move a bit.

Honestly speaking Frozen/Arcane is not usually an issue unless you get Walled in or trapped somewhere without a Dashing Strike charge. The real problem for melee is stuff like Molten/Plague which just cover the ground around enemies so you need to have really good positioning with your Bell drops. Also Fire Chain and Electrocute are a pain in the ass though Electrify is no where near as bad as it once was.

Using Hold command and then attacking with Bells is also a must for positioning although that gets messed up when you are in Epiphany mode (it will teleport you to the enemy even if you were using the hold command). The work around to this is to not click on the enemy but rather the ground so that the enemy gets hit by the AOE of the Bell and you aren't teleported to the enemy. I honestly wish this was rectified in the future.

Addnan

Pack rat mentality paid off and I had this in my stash to help me get back into the swing of things :D

sCWnydr.png
Had this in my stash for ever, haven't found one since the update.
JDkaPRC.png

Deadly

That Daibo is fucking beautiful!

And as far as LPSS vs LOH goes:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15698805020

I am pretty sure LOH will come out on top at high RCR especially with the Daibo's own RCR.

Incense Torch drops the resource cost of Bells dramatically so that is one component.

Epiphany - When this is up you have an insane amount of Spirit regen. It also gives you a ton of toughness if you are using Desert Shroud rune. This skill is on every Monk and you want maximum up time.

Broken Crown - Doubles the effect of the Diamond in the socket for even more CDR.

Crudest Boots - An extremely important item to have insane Spirit regen (8 per second). This combined with Air Ally is what makes it possible. Also the Active ability of Air Ally gives you 200 Spirit INSTANTLY. With CDR this becomes even more effective.

Passive skills: Chant of resonance and Exalted Soul are some of the passives that give you more passive spirit regen. There's also Guardian Path.

Sweeping Wind - One of the runes gives you a bunch of Spirit regen as well and this is used as well.

When you have the components, you can spam Bells for a very long time before running dry. Even if you run dry you can pop Air Ally but only pop it when you are off Epiphany. During Epiphany you will have all the Spirit that you would need.

As far as your question on how to avoid ground affixes.... depending on the difficulty you can just tank through them with LPSS/LOH or you can avoid them completely with Dashing Strike (another must have skill for Monk). There is also the option of using the Tzo's Gaze helm that makes your WoL usable as a ranged attack which makes it much safer to use and basically makes Monk a ranged class. Most ground affixes can be avoided though, you just move a bit.

Honestly speaking Frozen/Arcane is not usually an issue unless you get Walled in or trapped somewhere without a Dashing Strike charge. The real problem for melee is stuff like Molten/Plague which just cover the ground around enemies so you need to have really good positioning with your Bell drops. Also Fire Chain and Electrocute are a pain in the ass though Electrify is no where near as bad as it once was.

Using Hold command and then attacking with Bells is also a must for positioning although that gets messed up when you are in Epiphany mode (it will teleport you to the enemy even if you were using the hold command). The work around to this is to not click on the enemy but rather the ground so that the enemy gets hit by the AOE of the Bell and you aren't teleported to the enemy. I honestly wish this was rectified in the future.
Wasn't there something like it was bad if you go past 6.xx% RCR? I remember reading about that somewhere

Addnan

Found an ancient sunwuko shoulders. 630 dex, 649 vit, 120 res all and 7% cooldown. Nothing amazing really. A few extra dex, vit and res. Guess it could be useful when they all start adding up with other pieces.

ElyrionX

Ahh many thanks. This is very helpful. I crafted an ancient daibo and found a second piece of SWK today and that took me up one torment level so I am doing T4 quite efficiently now. It's still a slow grind though as T4 leg drop rates are not great. I skipped on Epiphany for now and am using the healing mantra for spirit regen and also a generator as my spirit regen is not great yet. I will probably craft Captain Crimson and see where that takes me.

MartyStu

So is Firebird the only valid option for Wizards? I just came back, and I managed to cobble a firebird build from my stash.

I have jumped from Torment 2 to Torment 6 and can now do Grift 30, but the build is SO BORING.

So is Firebird the only valid option for Wizards? I just came back, and I managed to cobble a firebird build from my stash.

I have jumped from Torment 2 to Torment 6 and can now do Grift 30, but the build is SO BORING.

I mean, if you don't want to play GR, there are a ton of options available to you that will allow you to play T6. there are multiple builds for every element.

But yea...if your goal is to max out GR play, there's only one way to do it.

Addnan

Damn, I want a Witch Doctor friend. When I bump into them in public greater rifts I become unstoppable. Man, love hitting those ridiculous crits with their buffs.

Tenebrous

I mean, if you don't want to play GR, there are a ton of options available to you that will allow you to play T6. there are multiple builds for every element.

But yea...if your goal is to max out GR play, there's only one way to do it.

Even for T6, to be honest. Unless you have a few specific items like WoW, you'll either have to accept the slower pace of another build, or outgear it completely.

THIS GAME.........CAME BACK and now mirrorballs are dropping left and right.....WTF

I have never,,,,everrrrrr gottten any mirrorball drops after playing the game back 6 months ago wtf

also ancient farming ;___;

Tenebrous

THIS GAME.........CAME BACK and now mirrorballs are dropping left and right.....WTF

I have never,,,,everrrrrr gottten any mirrorball drops after playing the game back 6 months ago wtf

also ancient farming ;___;

It's bloody annoying. I couldn't find a 2 missile Mirrorball when it was viable, and now I'm salvaging ancient ones, haha.

I've found an ancient version of every legendary source so far... Every source except the one I'm bloody after - An Ancient Firebird's Eye. Sigh.

Nymerio

Wow, with the amount of rcr and cdr I think I could get away without a spirit generator on my monk. I could switch to circular breathing and get even more spirit regen.

edit: mmmhhh, this actually works surprisingly well. Got rid of my spirit generator and switched in mantra of evasion with the dodge rune for survivability. Also switched from desert shroud to the healing rune because the dmg reduce was pretty much pointless for me when I couldn't regen hp. With the air allies and epiphany I can keep bell spam up indefinitely and the healing from epiphany keeps in pretty good shape.

RS4-

Two rifts in a row, both have the dozen+ goblins.

What do I get? Trash items, no furnace, no torch.

edit - i take that back, same rift, another huge mob of goblins.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
So GAF I need some help. I am planning to return when the 2nd Season launches and was looking for a lazy build. I usually am doing other things while playing and like the one button playing of an old archon build, or m6. I will only be playing t6 and rifts, but not Grifts.

I am open to any class, any ideas?

It's bloody annoying. I couldn't find a 2 missile Mirrorball when it was viable, and now I'm salvaging ancient ones, haha.

I've found an ancient version of every legendary source so far... Every source except the one I'm bloody after - An Ancient Firebird's Eye. Sigh.

yeahh

anyone here still playing seasonal and farming ancients? add me up so we can farm stuff ;_;

my wiz sucks

ElyrionX

So GAF I need some help. I am planning to return when the 2nd Season launches and was looking for a lazy build. I usually am doing other things while playing and like the one button playing of an old archon build, or m6. I will only be playing t6 and rifts, but not Grifts.

I am open to any class, any ideas?

Wizard. Cast Apocalypse and Hydra. Wait for FB dot. Move on to next stack.

Nymerio

Question: I fucked up with this amulet, it was 20% holy dmg previously but I re-rolled to lightning dmg when I was playing a different spec. Now I've rolled it back to holy but I'm thinking about rolling for a socket instead for the gogok of swiftness gem. What's better: 20% holy dmg or the gem?

MdkUGgg.png

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Wow, my luck has been ridiculous tonight. Got three pieces of Maurader's set, Natalya's crossbow, several useful plans, cashed in 500 blood shards on boots and got 3 greens and two oranges out of it, then the very next rift I did there were a pair of blood goblins that recapped my shards all over again. =p

Grampasso

I got my lv 70 Kridershot around paragon 150 I think, plus quite a bit of supposedly rare items (THREE pairs of Ice Climbers, Mara's Kaleidoscope, Wyrdward, 2 Unity Rings, Krede's Flame, Xephirian Amulet, Tasker and Theo) but Marauder still eludes me.
I only managed to find Shoulders and Legs, and the drop rates should be quite high seeing the spreadsheets...

Fonds

K, so I've got this dilemma on my Barbarian. Need some help here.

I rolled an amazing ancient War of the Dead. Amazing link

Last night a Furnace dropped for me tho. Quite low on dps 3400, 40% elite dmg and resource 9% cooldown reduction.
I've got a gift for a bonus socket though.

Question
Do I use the furnace or the war of the dead?

I have gotten 2 ancients that i want and got 10 shitty ancients

This game ain't even giving me the "tears of something" belt even though i gave kadala like 3000 shards already wtf

Fonds

Furnace dropped!
Amazing how gamechanger this item is..

Actually meant to quote you before. Did you have an ancient weapon before the Furnace drop?
If so was it still an improvement in DPS? I'm considering the option to spend a gift on a Furnace I found yesterday for a bonus socket.

Whitelines

Neo Member
Actually meant to quote you before. Did you have an ancient weapon before the Furnace drop?
If so was it still an improvement in DPS? I'm considering the option to spend a gift on a Furnace I found yesterday for a bonus socket.

I was using a Ancient Maximus with 4K and it was a DPS boost. 43% dmg increase on elites is crazy.

Celegus

I have gotten 2 ancients that i want and got 10 shitty ancients

This game ain't even giving me the "tears of something" belt even though i gave kadala like 3000 shards already wtf

That belt doesn't sound familiar to me, but in any case, 3k shards is absolutely nothing.

I tried out the new SWK set, and really really like it. Huge improvement over the old style, and ridiculously fast T6 clears. I found a pretty decent Vigilance (polearm that sometimes casts Inner Sanctuary), but I'll need to try some GRs to see how often it procs. No Incense Torch yet, but I found almost every other Daibo last night.

Been running with my Monk having SWK and Incense Torch and Inna's. T6 is a breeze but I'm wondering how the hell can I get through the mid to late GR30's. Looking to do this solo for now. Any tips? Or do I just have to keep trying and hope I don't get a godawful Elite pack (or two cause they always spawn with another for some damn reason)?

mercviper

Been running with my Monk having SWK and Incense Torch and Inna's. T6 is a breeze but I'm wondering how the hell can I get through the mid to late GR30's. Looking to do this solo for now. Any tips? Or do I just have to keep trying and hope I don't get a godawful Elite pack (or two cause they always spawn with another for some damn reason)?

Probably just get used to the play style and work on clearing more efficiently. My gear hasn't changed significantly since the patch and my first run ended on 38, whereas last night I did a 43. Have a profile link?

Addnan

Double Unity and hope for a good rift.

Celegus

Double Unity and hope for a good rift.

Pretty much. Also try to keep moving all the time. Don't waste time finishing off one or two elites in a room, constantly drag them or have them follow you to the next room full of enemies and always try to be fighting as many as you can handle. And if a champ has horrible affixes (i.e. arcane cold pulse and thunderstorm), skip right over it.

OmegaX06

Found a pretty nice 1-hander. Guess I'm gonna dual wield while I wait on this damn incense torch to drop. I've spent so many blood shards trying to get one :(

nSDW1Uu.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom