• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymerio

That's so weird. I would love it if I saw ghom or cold snap. Erethor (the arcane dude), saxtrix, and choker give me the most trouble without tkg on.

The funny thing is, the first GR I did yesterday I actually got Gohm. Didn't really have problem though. With Epiphany I could tank through the poison clouds almost indefinitely. I find Cold Snap to be far more annoying because the freezing stuff makes my gogok stacks run out -_-

Congrats man :D
Edit: I just did GR44 \o/. I think I'll take a break from my monk now.

Thanks! I was thinking about taking a break before season 2 as well, but it's still over a month away :|

For someone who didn't want to come back I've been playing an awful lot of Diablo the last couple of days...

Addnan

Any tips to getting high level rift keys with a Monk? I hate having to do 39s over and over to get to 42. Shit gets boring.

Nymerio

Any tips to getting high level rift keys with a Monk? I hate having to do 39s over and over to get to 42. Shit gets boring.

Have you tried a different build for trials? Maybe using Cyclone Strike with the implosion rune instead of dashing strike to instantly pull them together to get the most out exploding palm?

Decided to start up this game again. Leveled a WD to 70 in seasonal hardcore for the banner!

Can someone give me some tips on what I should do with my DH? I think I'm at the point that I don't even know what to replace and where to farm. About 100% of the stuff I find don't increase my damage at all.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Chromax-1719/hero/42731099

Not really a DH player but at least get fully upgraded gems in everything. Don't skimp on them, the difference is pretty huge. You're also missing a gem in your weapon.

Finally got crudest boots on my monk tonight. Now just need sun shrines and leroics crown and I should be able to do t6 pretty efficiently. Still a bit too slow atm.

Tendo

So I have a level 70 wizard - what is the most efficient way of gearing? I can do torment 2 but 3 takes too long yet. I'm at about 680k dps. I'm just doing a random mix of bounties and rifts. Are their specific drops I should be farming for?

Baliis

So I have a level 70 wizard - what is the most efficient way of gearing? I can do torment 2 but 3 takes too long yet. I'm at about 680k dps. I'm just doing a random mix of bounties and rifts. Are their specific drops I should be farming for?

Do you have your firebirds set?

Tenebrous

Firebirds set is a MUST. The best ring combination for solo play is Stone of Jordan and Unity - Unity splits damage between wearers of the item, so you can equip one on your follower (preferably Templar) and equip them also with the "Follow Cannot Die" item - Congratulations, you now take a lot less damage!

Best weapons are Furnace for 2H, Sunkeeper for 1H. If you have enough crafting materials, you could consider trying to make an Ancient Devastator to help you along until you get one of the better items.

The best bracers are Strongarm Bracers, which results in stunned/CC'd targets to take 25% or so more damage - Black Hole counts, so stacking CDR (Gem, reroll shoulders) when you get Strongarm is the way to go.

Celegus

Best bet is to farm some keys as a group or make a decent DH specifically for this purpose. The system is really annoying though. I only got a rank 35 from the trial yesterday, but cleared a GR41 with a couple minutes to spare (would have been even faster if I didn't get killed on the last elite pack 3 times before RG).

edissonlcn

Neo Member
Firebirds set is a MUST. The best ring combination for solo play is Stone of Jordan and Unity - Unity splits damage between wearers of the item, so you can equip one on your follower (preferably Templar) and equip them also with the "Follow Cannot Die" item - Congratulations, you now take a lot less damage!

Best weapons are Furnace for 2H, Sunkeeper for 1H. If you have enough crafting materials, you could consider trying to make an Ancient Devastator to help you along until you get one of the better items.

Here's my Wizard for reference. The best bracers are Strongarm Bracers, which results in stunned/CC'd targets to take 25% or so more damage - Black Hole counts, so stacking CDR (Gem, reroll shoulders) when you get Strongarm is the way to go.

Tasker and Theo is way too good to not use it.
I would suggest using Rorg + Unity for single player if you have TnT instead of FB's gloves.

Celegus

Tasker and Theo is way too good to not use it.
I would suggest using Rorg + Unity for single player if you have TnT instead of FB's gloves.

TnT is good enough to use just for Hydra? Do you stack +Hydra damage or +Blizzard? I haven't used my wizard in quite some time, but I have a tri-fecta TnT and Firebird (and Magefist), quite stocked in gloves.

edissonlcn

Neo Member
TnT is good enough to use just for Hydra? Do you stack +Hydra damage or +Blizzard? I haven't used my wizard in quite some time, but I have a tri-fecta TnT and Firebird (and Magefist), quite stocked in gloves.

Hydra is scaling with the wizard's ASPD now, and is crazy how fast it is attacking.
You'll get to 3000% weapon damage in no time.
I still have to try the +%hydra but i think it'll be better than blizzard, but I can't confirm that.
Edit:

Ahh, didn't they change the way it affected pets in 2.1.2?
Yeah, they made it to work with hydra now.

Dreavus

Is there any merit to "fully clearing" a Rift after the boss is dead? I thought it would be better to grab the bonus for finishing it, then starting another one (It's not like Elites are finite or something), but I've had a few pub groups want to hunt down all the Elites in there.

The only reason I could conceivably see is if you are running low on key stones?

Addnan

Finally accepted I had a serious hoarding issue.. edit: 114 legendaries.

YpSDx6s.jpg

Celegus

Is there any merit to "fully clearing" a Rift after the boss is dead? I thought it would be better to grab the bonus for finishing it, then starting another one (It's not like Elites are finite or something), but I've had a few pub groups want to hunt down all the Elites in there.

The only reason I could conceivably see is if you are running low on key stones?

Running low on keystones, if it's a particularly dense level, or the mindset of feeling like you get more drops after the RG (
you totally do
).

Nymerio

Usually when I'm doing rifts we just keep going until we find the exit teleport thingy. I remember there was a time when we did this in the beginning, then it changed and every rift was closed right after the rift guardian and now it's back to clear everything till the end of the rift.

I prefer clearing as much as possible, the chance to get items is better if you kill more enemies.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

For goblin packs

But now seems there's no point as the amount of gob packs seem greatly reduced ... Haven't had one since the patch went live

Celegus

For goblin packs

But now seems there's no point as the amount of gob packs seem greatly reduced ... Haven't had one since the patch went live

Wha? I've found 4 or 5 in total before 2.1.2. After the patch, I've found over 10, easy. It seems way way higher than before.

w4ttsup

I've noticed a pretty big drop off in goblins and goblin packs in general since they removed the double bonus.

Wondering if the bonus was both goblins would spawn in packs AND double the amount of goblin spawns??

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Has anyone tested that theory of getting more drops deeper in the rift? It seems like the kind of belief that would be persistent due to making some sense as a design and being quite difficult to disprove.

Celegus

Has anyone tested that theory of getting more drops deeper in the rift? It seems like the kind of belief that would be persistent due to making some sense as a design and being quite difficult to disprove.

I doubt there's any difference, but I personally like clearing rifts better, unless it's a spider map.

Also, how do you guys manage the desire to keep something *just in case*? Like, I have just about 2 of everything. Like, I might have a glove with +vit, but then one with the trifecta...but then one with CDR because that's pretty popular too. So I end up with like 3 or 4 gloves. But then there are like 5 different kinds of gloves...and oh, maybe I should keep these Life On Hit items in case I switch to a build that actually uses a resource generator with attack speed...or...

...and with limited space, it doesn't seem reasonable to keep them all. But if you end up wanting to adjust your build, not having one of those options could be salt-inducing. How do you guys deal with that paralysis? My backpack is 100% full and my toon's inventory has like 5 slots. I mean, I could delete one of my normal mules and make a new Seasonal to mule to, but that's just delaying the inevitable.

So...nobody? It's just me, then?

I'm only level 58. I'm gonna try to get to 70 before the season ends. What are the fastest ways to level to 70 in SP/MP?

find a nice group of people that will let you sit in the home area while they get you XP via Rifting.

I doubt there's any difference, but I personally like clearing rifts better, unless it's a spider map.

Full clears is the only way to do it now. You get from 4-8 legs/T6 rift. Compare with just 1-3 on average if you quit after killing the RG.

There is no reason to NOT fully clear a rift.

Also, every day I get something really cool that I wasn't looking for. I got a near perfect Frostburn and Winter Fury, but there's no cold build worth running with it.

Dreavus

Running low on keystones, if it's a particularly dense level, or the mindset of feeling like you get more drops after the RG (
you totally do
).

Ah okay, seems reasonable to me. Although I don't recall the rift we were doing being particularly dense.

Usually when I'm doing rifts we just keep going until we find the exit teleport thingy. I remember there was a time when we did this in the beginning, then it changed and every rift was closed right after the rift guardian and now it's back to clear everything till the end of the rift.

I prefer clearing as much as possible, the chance to get items is better if you kill more enemies.

Do you mean a greater chance the more you kill during one rift, or just generally speaking? If it's the former then point taken, but if it's the latter, it still seems better to me to grab the gold and XP from rift dude and start another one. You'll end up with more blood shards, gold, and XP in the long run, because you can squeeze in that many more runs (and quest bonuses) in the time you spend playing. Unless you're running low on stones

For goblin packs

Is/was this something rift specific?

See my post above, I hoarded everything that even looked remotely like oh I could maybe use it in a build. Ended up destroying it all today. 114 legendaries.

;___________:

I...I can't do that. What if they buff cold/lightning/arcane! I'll have deleted a bunch of shit that would have been amazing to have.

Tyreny

find a nice group of people that will let you sit in the home area while they get you XP via Rifting.

Full clears is the only way to do it now. You get from 4-8 legs/T6 rift. Compare with just 1-3 on average if you quit after killing the RG.

Also, every day I get something really cool that I wasn't looking for. I got a near perfect Frostburn and Winter Fury, but there's no cold build worth running with it.

First world problems man. I haven't been fortunate enough to get multiples of very rare items to horde them.

Celegus

I try to keep anything that seems like it might be useful, but there have certainly been times where I blew something up that I ended up wanting later. The zdps builds are especially tricky, I've found some really great zdps monk gear (though I'm not sure I'd ever even play that build) that I unknowingly destroyed. My biggest way to save space is to not really play wizard and WD, because I have so much strength gear, and now piling up on dex that I've started playing monk. Bracers are an especially tough one, because you want to hang onto one of every element. I wish there was a better solution, but my stash is generally a giant mess despite attempts to keep it organized.
;___________:

I...I can't do that. What if they buff cold/lightning/arcane! I'll have deleted a bunch of shit that would have been amazing to have.

I'm with ya. I like experimenting with different elements and weird builds, plus you never know what the next patch is going to change. I mostly stick to different elements than things like CDR/LoH varieties.

First world problems man. I haven't been fortunate enough to get multiples of very rare items to horde them.

I've probably just spent more time playing or something. If you want to farm a stupid amount of legs, just join a large community and get in 4-man rifting groups.

20-30 legs/hour without even trying hard. Eventually some diamonds will appear amongst the shit.

I try to keep anything that seems like it might be useful, but there have certainly been times where I blew something up that I ended up wanting later. The zdps builds are especially tricky, I've found some really great zdps monk gear (though I'm not sure I'd ever even play that build) that I unknowingly destroyed. My biggest way to save space is to not really play wizard and WD, because I have so much strength gear, and now piling up on dex that I've started playing monk. Bracers are an especially tough one, because you want to hang onto one of every element. I wish there was a better solution, but my stash is generally a giant mess despite attempts to keep it organized.

*bro hug*

I know these feels.

Every day I prune about 10 slots in my bp. I keep worrying that they're going to buff one of these non-fire elements and I'll have to pray I find something that I already had.

Insaniac

That Kaddy bitch finally drop the Gyrfalcon, what I should reroll?
the socket is a made from the gift.

gyrfalcon.jpg

Looks like you're best off rolling the base damage if you want to use it. It's not a spectacular roll in affixes since you didn't roll any %damage though

Syntek

That has more to do with the fact that it can take up to 2-3 times longer to full clear. *IF* you have an inexhaustible supply of fragments, restarting after RG still yields more exp and loot. Many months ago, when the average RG clear was ~8 minutes, and everyone had crazy stocks of fragments from insane number of RROG runs, there was no reason to stick around after RG died.

Today, most people stopped doing bounties after they found their RROG and are finally seeing their once infinite fragment supply actually depleting. Together with T6 RG clear times as short as 2 minutes, full clear finally makes more sense, but only because doing bounties is mind numbingly boring.

Nymerio

Do you mean a greater chance the more you kill during one rift, or just generally speaking? If it's the former then point taken, but if it's the latter, it still seems better to me to grab the gold and XP from rift dude and start another one. You'll end up with more blood shards, gold, and XP in the long run, because you can squeeze in that many more runs (and quest bonuses) in the time you spend playing. Unless you're running low on stones

Is/was this something rift specific?

No just generally. You kill more mobs when you clear so the chance for items is higher. If you just want exp/shards it's faster if you close asap and open a new one but at this point I'd rather take my chances with elite mobs instead of some more shards.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I kind of like clearing a little bit after the boss if it seems like I'm getting good drops. If not, I'll close it and open another.

I have like 160 stones right now, so I just do whatever I feel like

DarkFlow

Banned

The drop rate for legendary is way higher in a rift. It's also rude as shit when people just randomly close them when people are still in it.

Begaria

I spent the last two days or so checking out the new patch, and I'm liking it so far. It had been a few weeks (maybe a couple of months) since I had last played since I had hit an acceptable gear level for solo T6 clears and didn't really care about GRifts. I play a Raekor Fire Barbarian on softcore:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Begaria-1359/hero/6395374

Last night I ran into my first Blood Thief and filled up on Blood Shards. My very first turn in since playing the patch and I get the Vile Wards I'm wearing. I tried farming for Vile Wards after they were changed to benefit Furious Charge for several weeks to no success. Then I get them on my first turn in after playing the new patch - go figure.

I'm liking the changes to the Raekor set, and I'm not really missing the "moving the enemies along with you" effect since it's counter balanced by an incredible increase in damage. I preferred to hold down Shift and charge back and forth between enemies anyways.

That has more to do with the fact that it can take up to 2-3 times longer to full clear. *IF* you have an inexhaustible supply of fragments, restarting after RG still yields more exp and loot. Many months ago, when the average RG clear was ~8 minutes, and everyone had crazy stocks of fragments from insane number of RROG runs, there was no reason to stick around after RG died.

Today, most people stopped doing bounties after they found their RROG and are finally seeing their once infinite fragment supply actually depleting. Together with T6 RG clear times as short as 2 minutes, full clear finally makes more sense, but only because doing bounties is mind numbingly boring.
oh i see. Yea I still have like300 rift keys so that's not an issue for me, but that all makes sense.

still, if blitzing XP isn't your priority, I don't see a reason to quit rifts early. It's just not maximizing your proverbial dollar. though I do understand if your only goal is XP. My goal is legs and xp.

Dreavus

The drop rate for legendary is way higher in a rift. It's also rude as shit when people just randomly close them when people are still in it.

I'm not advocating that at all. The reason this came up is because I was asking folks why they were staying in there because I thought collecting the bonus ASAP would be better. Closing them when people are clearly still in there is not very nice.

Points all well taken though. I don't play that often so I still have a crapload of keys, which is where my perspective is coming from.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not advocating that at all. The reason this came up is because I was asking folks why they were staying in there because I thought collecting the bonus ASAP would be better. Closing them when people are clearly still in there is not very nice.

Points all well taken though. I don't play that often so I still have a crapload of keys, which is where my perspective is coming from.

The most efficient way is to close straight away, unless it's the graveyard or warden's room as the density is great in those areas. There's no benefit in staying in a rift after the boss is dead.

Celegus

The most efficient way is to close straight away, unless it's the graveyard or warden's room as the density is great in those areas. There's no benefit in staying in a rift after the boss is dead.

Poison swamp and fields of misery are usually pretty great too. I hit a new massacre record of 663 in the fields of misery recently.

Begaria

I think people have gone over this already. There ARE benefits to staying in a rift after the Guardian is dead, depending on what you're playing for. Things like:

1. Rifts have higher Leg/Set drop rates, clearing the rest of a rift of champs/packs can be rewarding, especially in high density rifts
2. Chance at goblins (i.e. Blood Thieves!)
3. Still really good XP (again, especially with high density)

I think too many people place too much emphasis on the bonus XP reward for closing a rift. Maybe in the long run that bonus XP adds up to have some kind of tangible affect on paragon leveling, but I'd rather take general XP gains + higher chance at legs/sets (especially with Ancients in the game now) + chance at Gobbies overall, personally. Too many times I've found cool shit after the Guardian has been downed, such as running into an army of goblins, some of the gear I wear, and even things like Ramalandi Gifts. If all you want to do a rift for is XP + Guardian clearing, then do some high level GRifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom