• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedi2016

Hehe.. people talking about rerolling ancients and here I am going "I can haz lengendaryz plox?"

Actually, I'm not doing too badly where I am, but where I am is only T1. On hindsight, I've actually been pretty lucky on rolls since 2.0. I've got a RROG (albeit not a good one), Countess Julia's Cameo, Krede's Flame. I got the IK boots from Kadala the other day before I even moved up to Torment, and today I got a Taeguk gem from a low-level grift, which is pretty sweet for a WW barb. I'm pretty far off from even dreaming of a Furnace at this point.. lol.

Addnan

I CAN'T FOR THE LIFE OF ME EVER GET A GODDAM RAMALADNI'S

:p

and I used two today
FWGn8H0.png

Jedi2016

Yeah, I need to get some of those, too.

And holy shit, I didn't realize that a Conduit pylon can one-shot a rift guardian. There was an elite pack at the same time, and the whole fight was over in less than a second. Crazy. I guess the changes they made only affect Greater Rifts instead of normal Nephalim Rifts.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Just because ongoing revenue from games is the "new hotness" doesn't mean it's the only business model available. Fact is, only a small percentage of games use it, and even fewer still are truly successful at it.

If you want to directly compare Diablo to Hearthstone, we'll need some numbers. Just because Diablo's money comes in bursts every couple of years doesn't make it unprofitable. I'd even go so far as to wager Diablo is probably more profitable overall.

Hey hey hey.

I am not saying Diablo is not profitable.

I am saying that the new hotness is, well, hot.

Yeah, I need to get some of those, too.

And holy shit, I didn't realize that a Conduit pylon can one-shot a rift guardian. There was an elite pack at the same time, and the whole fight was over in less than a second. Crazy. I guess the changes they made only affect Greater Rifts instead of normal Nephalim Rifts.

they unnerfed them a bit in a hot fix.

Holy shit, finally. I was building lightning but I now I think ill have to roll the dex off to CHD and build Holy. Or should I roll the Holy off for CHD, keeping the Dex and continue with my lightning build? Pretty much just need leroics crown now. Can put eye of the storm in there for now though with 20% lightning.

Addnan

Holy shit, finally. I was building lightning but I now I think ill have to roll the dex off to CHD and build Holy. Or should I roll the Holy off for CHD, keeping the Dex and continue with my lightning build? Pretty much just need leroics crown now. Can put eye of the storm in there for now though with 20% lightning.

Holy to crit everyday. For greater rift clears nothing comes close to the lightning build. Should be going swk gloves, helm and amulet. Augh bracers and shoulders. Inna chest, belt and pants. Finally crudest boots. Not using Leorics crown and nor are many of the top guys. Benefits of Aughild and Inna are more important. These are for high grifts, if you don't want to push them then holy will probably be perfectly fine.

Nokterian

Holy to crit everyday. For greater rift clears nothing comes close to the lightning build. Should be going swk gloves, helm and amulet. Augh bracers and shoulders. Inna chest, belt and pants. Finally crudest boots. Not using Leorics crown and nor are many of the top guys. Benefits of Aughild and Inna are more important. These are for high grifts, if you don't want to push them then holy will probably be perfectly fine.

I want that amulet so bad and like i said that daibo for wave of light. Then i can craft Aughild pieces.

Thanks. Got 80% CHD after 11 rolls. That will do for now. Right now I only have Innas Chest and Innas Daibo. Guess I will pour shards into Legs and Pants then.

kuYuri

Run greater rifts at whatever tier you are comfortable with. 90% of the Ramaladni's I found are in greater rifts. I don't recall many instances where regular mobs dropped one.

9tJwwpt.jpg

Opposite for me, all the gifts (except for maybe 1 or 2) I've ever found were in regular rifts.

Celegus

Run greater rifts at whatever tier you are comfortable with. 90% of the Ramaladni's I found are in greater rifts. I don't recall many instances where regular mobs dropped one.

Wow. I've only gotten one from a GR once, the rest of my ~10 came from standard rifts and almost exclusively from chests and other clickables. I'm down to just 1 Gift again, very depressing.

Glad I logged in last night and saw the video on what to expect when seasons end. Need to make space in inventory since you only have 30 days to transfer the items.

I got a few ancients as well in the short amount of time I played. The dps on the one bow is near 3,000. No socket or added procs but I guess I can add one if needed. So are ancients just higher damage items in general?

9tJwwpt.jpg

Opposite is true for me. I've found all my Gifts in the last 2 weeks. 1 came from a GR. 7 (yes, 7) came from regular T6 full party, full-clear rifting.

Wow. I've only gotten one from a GR once, the rest of my ~10 came from standard rifts and almost exclusively from chests and other clickables. I'm down to just 1 Gift again, very depressing.

first world problems. try going all but the last 2 weeks of the season without getting one to drop.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Have they said how long season 2 will last? I have no interest in it if it's going to be so long again.

Addnan

Found this pretty sweet looking amulet.. Then burned through all my blue mats trying to get 100% CHD. Dex could have been a little higher, it's closer to the minimum than the max.

MDY9NNE.png

Nokterian

Found this pretty sweet looking amulet.. Then burned through all my blue mats trying to get 100% CHD. Dex could have been a little higher, it's closer to the minimum than the max.

MDY9NNE.png

I didn't get a ancient but i did get that amulet finally that piece was holding me back for a longtime..now that diabo.

Have they said how long season 2 will last? I have no interest in it if it's going to be so long again.

Expect it to be just as long as season 1. They put themselves in a situation where new seasons are going to require balance updates to sets to fix one class overpowering GR while adding new gear that is junk and adds nothing special.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Expect it to be just as long as season 1. They put themselves in a situation where new seasons are going to require balance updates to sets to fix one class overpowering GR while adding new gear that is junk and adds nothing special.

Bah, that's a shame. I don't know about others but I got well bored about 6 months in.

Celegus

Bah, that's a shame. I don't know about others but I got well bored about 6 months in.

They've already said Season 1 was a big learning experience and they had no intentions of letting it run that long, but things happened and it did. Going forward, I believe they said 2-3 months for subsequent seasons. Certainly not as long as Season 1.

Finally! Too scared to roll anything, don't want to make the wrong choice. Currently only have 1 gift, could gift it and roll either the LPH or Vit to 10% damage or save the gift in hopes of getting an ancient and roll the LPH or Vit to a Socket. The vit is a fairly substantial toughness boost compared to what I had but that LPH is also quite a significant amount. Hmm.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
They've already said Season 1 was a big learning experience and they had no intentions of letting it run that long, but things happened and it did. Going forward, I believe they said 2-3 months for subsequent seasons. Certainly not as long as Season 1.

I actually just found the blue post that said they aimed for a few months but failed and are still aiming for a few months for season 2 which would be perfect for me. I think I'll start a Monk.

mercviper

Finally! Too scared to roll anything, don't want to make the wrong choice. Currently only have 1 gift, could gift it and roll either the LPH or Vit to 10% damage or save the gift in hopes of getting an ancient and roll the LPH or Vit to a Socket. The vit is a fairly substantial toughness boost compared to what I had but that LPH is also quite a significant amount. Hmm.
LPH is good. Roll off the vit if anything.

Addnan

LPH is good. Roll off the vit if anything.

Life on hit is not that great with wave of light. It only works once, doesn't matter how many mobs one pillar hits.

mercviper

Life on hit is not that great with wave of light. It only works once, doesn't matter how many mobs one pillar hits.

With the reduced cost of WoL on incense torch, it's practically as good as lpss, shown by a post earlier in the thread. It's also flat out better than the vit stat.

Nokterian

Why is the framerate dropping everytime i play with 4 people or solo with big groups i can not understand this i have pretty good pc no problems with other games. Is there anyway to fix it?

Celegus

Why is the framerate dropping everytime i play with 4 people or solo with big groups i can not understand this i have pretty good pc no problems with other games. Is there anyway to fix it?

A lot of calculations are handled server-side I believe. So when it needs to animate 4 WDs with 15 pets a piece or one of those old Helltrapper DHs with a bazillion lightning balls, it slows to a crawl. Not sure there's really much you can do about it.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
A lot of calculations are handled server-side I believe. So when it needs to animate 4 WDs with 15 pets a piece or one of those old Helltrapper DHs with a bazillion lightning balls, it slows to a crawl. Not sure there's really much you can do about it.

Battlenet actually says "game data will steam" on my launcher so I have no idea how much is even stored client side anymore. Seems like they made it like hearthstone where all the data comes from the server only.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
I am a fairly casual player and deciding whether I should play the new upcoming season 2 or not. From my understanding the only benefit is lvl 70 transmogs as well as new season only legendaries. Are either of these 2 things worth playing seasons for? Am I missing anything?

I am a fairly casual player and deciding whether I should play the new upcoming season 2 or not. From my understanding the only benefit is lvl 70 transmogs as well as new season only legendaries. Are either of these 2 things worth playing seasons for? Am I missing anything?
The main purpose of season is the competition for leaderboards. Everyone will start with literally nothing to have a fair competition. If you will play a lot, I suggest you play seasons.

With the reduced cost of WoL on incense torch, it's practically as good as lpss, shown by a post earlier in the thread. It's also flat out better than the vit stat.

Would it be worth gifting do you think? I've found two, used one on a helltrapper pre patch with one remaining. Need to do a lot of gem upgrading over the next few weeks which will easily be 100+ grifts, hopefully find at least one more during that time. Hard to decide what is more likely to drop, another gift or an ancient torch.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
The main purpose of season is the competition for leaderboards. Everyone will start with literally nothing to have a fair competition. If you will play a lot, I suggest you play seasons.
Therefore if I dont plan to play a lot or care to be competitive in leaderboards then there would be no reason to play seasons, correct?

Are the seasonal legendaries worth it, and if so they will eventually be apart of the regular pool anyways right?

mercviper

Would it be worth gifting do you think? I've found two, used one on a helltrapper pre patch with one remaining. Need to do a lot of gem upgrading over the next few weeks which will easily be 100+ grifts, hopefully find at least one more during that time. Hard to decide what is more likely to drop, another gift or an ancient torch.

I must admit that I've never had a problem finding gifts. I've always had at least one in stash and even now I have four. If you main a monk then I would say yes it is worth gifting since the item is BiS at the moment. Worst comes to worst, you find an ancient one that's better and you roll the worst stat into a socket and then reroll it to something useful later when you do get a gift

Therefore if I dont plan to play a lot or care to be competitive in leaderboards then there would be no reason to play seasons, correct?

Are the seasonal legendaries worth it, and if so they will eventually be apart of the regular pool anyways right?
Starting over with nothing can be a pain. You can just go non-season if you don't plan to compete for leaderboards as I think the season length will be shorter this time. The condemn crusader with the seasonal legendary shield from season 1 was definitely worth trying out. For season 2, I don't find anything interesting other than the wizard's new slow time set. Maybe wait until the competitive players unlock the full potential of other seasonal legendaries.

Smash88

Banned
Can anyone help me level my seasonal (softcore) Crusader to 70? I would appreciate it.

I'll probably get ignored like my last post in this thread.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

I'm a casual player too. I've never seen half of the legendaries people post about being horrible in this thread, let alone ever getting any of them. I see all of these posts about "I need a furnace!" and I have zero ideas what they are talking about, LOL. Same with this gift stuff.

I use the seasons as convenient opportunities to level classes up to 70 that I haven't leveled up yet. Right now I only have my wizard and crusader at 70, and a ladder witch doctor to 70 for season 1, which will soon be sent to "normal" mode. So for season 2 I'm playing either a barbarian, monk, or a demon hunter up to 70. I don't compete on the leaderboards at all though, I don't even care about them. I'm just playing to get a new character leveled up and for the seasonal items and transmogs, and whatever acheivements I can nab too. But I primarily still play my normal characters simply because I like my crusader and wizard the best.

So really, only you can answer if the ladder is worth it to you or not. Once I have a full list of 70 toons I'll probably never play ladder again, so three more seasons for me, lol. Unless they add better incentives to the seasons.

Celegus

I wasted my last gift right before I found my ancient kridershot. I feel like I may never find another.

Always gotta keep a spare around! Pretty sure finding a gift is more common than an ancient Krider, you'll get one soon enough.

I wonder how long it's gonna take me to gamble the seasonal sader shield from Kadala.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
Starting over with nothing can be a pain. You can just go non-season if you don't plan to compete for leaderboards as I think the season length will be shorter this time. The condemn crusader with the seasonal legendary shield from season 1 was definitely worth trying out. For season 2, I don't find anything interesting other than the wizard's new slow time set. Maybe wait until the competitive players unlock the full potential of other seasonal legendaries.

I hear ya, I just dont see Blizzard providing a huge incentive to play seasons, atleast in Season 1 they had build altering legendaries. I already have some set plans as well items and crafting and with the limited amount of time I have I would rather play then re-roll all my characters.

I think I will play mostly non-season if I play season at all. Thanks for letting me use you all as a sounding board.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Oof, it's going to be rough going through all that seasonal stash mail. I should've cleaned that up in advance.

Items that are in your Seasonal stash will be sent through the in-game mail system to your non-Seasonal heroes. These items can be claimed by any non-Seasonal hero for up to 30 days from the time you first log in after the Season ends. To access these items, enter a game and hit the Mail icon located in the lower-left corner of your screen to open up your inbox.

Season 1 will be ending at the following dates and times for each region:
North America: Tuesday, February 3 @ 4:00 p.m. PST
Europe: Wednesday, February 4 @ 4:00 p.m. CET
Asia: Wednesday, February 4 @ 4:00 p.m. KST

Season 2 will be starting shortly after at the following dates and times for each region:
North America: Friday, February 13 @ 6:00 p.m. PST
Europe: Friday, February 13 @ 6:00 p.m. CET
Asia: Friday, February 13 @ 6:00 p.m. KST

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/17152343/end-of-season-what-to-expect-1-27-2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom