• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 341 pLevels I got my first calamity. Unfortunately I don't think it's very good nor do I even see builds that use it anymore. I could roll 10% on it and use a gift but I only have one so not too keen on that idea.
YeJ2h8U.jpg

Syntek

Here's my current DH for Grifts. Any advice for improving?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/PsychoPowaa-1568/hero/13500458

Although you are running fire, you still should switch to polar station to proc cull the weak and bane of the trapped. Templar cannot reliably proc this for you. Without slotting Ballistic, Spitfire really isn't worth using. At the same time, spitfire alone is not worth giving up a passive alone.

I would also slot prep:punishment instead of smoke screen for better hatred management. The most common scenario where smoke would have saved you and vault cannot is hitting a Reflect Pack with immolation arrow. At high GRs, this will kill you before you can react with smoke screen anyway so it is best to get into a habit of checking the affixes before firing off a shot.

On the subject of immolation arrow, it's has a high proc rate, so abuse it for CC. If you have a good Ess of Johan, you can proc that quite frequently using immolation arrow. It's like having your own cyclone monk to bunch mobs up for you to CA.

Also, consider swapping Tumble to Trails of Cinder if you are running fire, you save between 0.5 to 2 disc overall.

Jas

Thanks Fonds, Addnan, and Xanathus for the replies.

Addnan, yeah dropped for my monk.
I was thinking of trying the tempest rush build with it, but want to get hexing pants first. Have over 1000 hours in the game between all 6 classes and never had them drop for me haha.

Celegus

Just did a 41 with my Monk, felt so good. Took 10:50. Yay. Scared to attempt 42 now.

I'm at 40 right now but not sure what else I can really change to get higher, other than an ancient weapon. Can you link your profile? Curious what our differences are, and what else I can do.

Celegus

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Addnan-2643/hero/38201292

and just in case I jump into a rift with a different build before you see it. Here's an image. http://i.imgur.com/sU7091H.png

My setup is pretty close to how yours was in the screenshot (but weapon not as good). Wish I could find a SWK amulet with lightning, so I've also been running Countess Julia. Looks like you do have one based on the current profile - how are you liking the full Inna's with Aughild's shoulders? Better or about the same?

mileS

The wait for Season 2 is getting kind of silly. Am I the only one that doesn't even want to log on in fear of getting burnt out with the inevitable grind that will start with the new Season? So yea there was a technical difficulties releasing the new Season with the latest patch, but why hold it up for another 3-4 weeks? How hard can be be?

TSM

The wait for Season 2 is getting kind of silly. Am I the only one that doesn't even want to log on in fear of getting burnt out with the inevitable grind that will start with the new Season? So yea there was a technical difficulties releasing the new Season with the latest patch, but why hold it up for another 3-4 weeks? How hard can be be?

Yeah, I don't want to burn out what little new content there is. I'm down for at least the beginning of season 2, but if there's no sizable new content on the horizon after that I might bow out until a new expansion pack.

eek5

help.jpg

Can someone help me out here? I don't know what to reroll. I checked the max and I believe it maxes at:

With Max Damage Rolls: 4044.6
With 10% Damage 4162.5
With 7% IAS 4049.0

I mean 4162 is pretty sweet but idk if I'd want to give up 1200 vit or loh for it.

halp

Taz

help.jpg

Can someone help me out here? I don't know what to reroll. I checked the max and I believe it maxes at:

With 10% Damage 4162.5
With 7% IAS 4049.0

I mean 4162 is pretty sweet but idk if I'd want to give up 1200 vit or loh for it.

halp

Vit is an easy stat to pick up on other gear I would defo do Vit > 10% damage

Addnan

My setup is pretty close to how yours was in the screenshot (but weapon not as good). Wish I could find a SWK amulet with lightning, so I've also been running Countess Julia. Looks like you do have one based on the current profile - how are you liking the full Inna's with Aughild's shoulders? Better or about the same?

I am clearing 39 and 40 much quicker than I managed with the countess julia build. Get a big group of trash together, hopefully one blue pack is in there, slap them with lots of EP and start dropping pillars to make them explode. Haven't attempted 41 or 42 with it yet, but it is looking good so far.

Nymerio

For SWK Shines what kind of stats are ideal? I have one with dex, chd and chc. I guess lightning dmg would be nice as well. How's the priority?

I really want to get to GR40 but I only ever started to pay attention to greater rifts about a week ago and I'm not sure where I'm supposed to go from here. I was trying to get a different RoRG to get rid of the IAS because I figure I don't really need that stat, but so far I haven't been lucky. I'm also still using the enchantress companion because the only companion item I'm still missing is the one that makes the templar immortal :|

Season monk here: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Splatbang-2980/hero/47791665 Any input would be appreciated.

Addnan

For SWK Shines what kind of stats are ideal? I have one with dex, chd and chc. I guess lightning dmg would be nice as well. How's the priority?

I really want to get to GR40 but I only ever started to pay attention to greater rifts about a week ago and I'm not sure where I'm supposed to go from here. I was trying to get a different RoRG to get rid of the IAS because I figure I don't really need that stat, but so far I haven't been lucky. I'm also still using the enchantress companion because the only companion item I'm still missing is the one that makes the templar immortal :|

Season monk here: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Splatbang-2980/hero/47791665 Any input would be appreciated.

I wouldn't use inner sanctuary. Use exploding palm to take out big groups or agility if you want to survive/dodge more.

mercviper

I wouldn't use inner sanctuary. Use exploding palm to take out big groups or agility if you want to survive/dodge more.

To add on, if you decide to use agility, you can drop the 4pc bonus of Inna's and put on a better helm like Leoric's or TKG while keeping SWK's and Aughild's bonuses.

The only good passive bonus from auras is Salvation right now for the 20% resists. The lps from healing won't be great until the gizzard gem is available and the 6% extra damage from conviction stacks additively with other A class buffs so it's really minor.

edissonlcn

Neo Member
OK, so I'll try to get rid of inner sanctuary. I guess I can either swap it out for EP or Agility. Not sure what to do though.
Using Inner sanctuary I was able to finish GR40, after some test I switched it to EP (Shocking Grasp rune) I managed to clear GR43.
Here is my profile:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/edissonlcn-1346/hero/40019884

Its not very different from yours, the only difference is that I'm using BoTP instead of Gogok.

Nymerio

hmm I could switch my gogok for botp and go back to leorics, so I wouldn't need the cdr from gogok. Thinking about it it seems a bit useless anyway because I don't always have the stacks for the full cdr anyway.

edissonlcn

Neo Member
hmm I could switch my gogok for botp and go back to leorics, so I wouldn't need the cdr from gogok. Thinking about it it seems a bit useless anyway because I don't always have the stacks for the full cdr anyway.
The problem with that is if you switch to Leorics you'll lose Aughs +15%damage and 15% damage reduction.

Nymerio

Hm, so what's the solution? I could live without 4 piece Inna's but then I'd have no Mantra at all. I think I ran a build previously without a mantra but I don't know if that is going to fly in greater rifts. I could maybe try to replace sanctuary with exploding palm and dashing strike with with agility. Get rid of 4 piece Inna's, keep 2 pieces of Aughild and go back to leorics. I'm not sure if I tried a build without Dashing Strike before, it seems almost mandatory to get out of tight spots. Guess I'll have to do some experimenting when I get home.

edissonlcn

Neo Member
Hm, so what's the solution? I could live without 4 piece Inna's but then I'd have no Mantra at all. I think I ran a build previously without a mantra but I don't know if that is going to fly in greater rifts. I could maybe try to replace sanctuary with exploding palm and dashing strike with with agility. Get rid of 4 piece Inna's, keep 2 pieces of Aughild and go back to leorics. I'm not sure if I tried a build without Dashing Strike before, it seems almost mandatory to get out of tight spots. Guess I'll have to do some experimenting when I get home.

This is how I did it:
-Sunwuko gloves, helm, amulet
-Aughilds shoulder and bracer
-Inna's chest, belt and pants

Legendary Gems:
BoTP,BoTT,Taeguk

Skills:
Sweeping wind, exploding palm,Epiphany, Air ally, Lightning Bell, Dashing Strike.

With this setup I sit on 46% CDR its not huge, but i managed to get away with that, and I'm pretty sure I can beat 44, I just have to try some more.
On my best try I got Ghom as RG and I just can't fight him =/. Him and Coldsnap are the worst I can get right now.

Nymerio

Yeah, fuck Cold Snap. I was lucky so far and never got Gohm though.

I think I'll try it with exploding palm and the botp gem. If I can get to 40 I'd be happy enough for this season.

neoism

With 10% Damage 4162.5
With 7% IAS 4049.0

halp
Damn u soo lucky :O amazing torch.

Vit

Wowow. I must be having some amazing luck. The past three days, I got three Unities and I found the Vault again. Now if only I can get some ancient weapons.

No Gifts since Gifts were added to the game.

6 Gifts in the last 5 days.

Roughly 13,000 shards given to Kadala for an Ancient Set offhand for Wiz...and nothing. Not even a bad ancient Firebird offhand.

ok, Blizzard.

Also, how do you guys manage the desire to keep something *just in case*? Like, I have just about 2 of everything. Like, I might have a glove with +vit, but then one with the trifecta...but then one with CDR because that's pretty popular too. So I end up with like 3 or 4 gloves. But then there are like 5 different kinds of gloves...and oh, maybe I should keep these Life On Hit items in case I switch to a build that actually uses a resource generator with attack speed...or...

...and with limited space, it doesn't seem reasonable to keep them all. But if you end up wanting to adjust your build, not having one of those options could be salt-inducing. How do you guys deal with that paralysis? My backpack is 100% full and my toon's inventory has like 5 slots. I mean, I could delete one of my normal mules and make a new Seasonal to mule to, but that's just delaying the inevitable.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Probably the 10th. I wish they would just announce it.

Me too. Unless they're on a draft timeline...and don't want to set a concrete date.

Sometimes I wish there were some longer dungeons, I know the rifts are suppose to be long-term dungeons where you fight a boss and get epic loot, but I wish there were longer ones, kinda like how they are in WOW Raids.

On top of that, I wish they were at earlier levels of your characters...in otherwords, not having to wait till max level to unlock adventure mode and do them.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
What sort of content could they actually add that didnt involve an expansion?

Something like charms or whatever?

Addnan

That's so weird. I would love it if I saw ghom or cold snap. Erethor (the arcane dude), saxtrix, and choker give me the most trouble without tkg on.

Erethon is a cake walk in 40+. I can barely survive ghom in T6 haha.

life pro tip to everyone: Listen to Rainbow Rising when attempting greater rifts. it has not failed me yet.
my superstition

What sort of content could they actually add that didnt involve an expansion?

Something like charms or whatever?
To use a tired comparison, Blizzard need to look at what Path of Exile's team do with their various leagues.

Honestly, when I heard about Seasons coming to Diablo 3 it made me extremely excited, because I thought "oh sweet! This'll be like playing Path of Exile, only with Diablo 3's meaty satisfying combat!"

For them to just say "here's a bunch of league exclusive legendaries and achievements. You'll get some aesthetic shit at the end" is quite insulting to their player base, and to be honest I'm very worried that they're going to do the exact same thing with the next season.

Instead of fixing all the dozens upon dozens of legendary items that are frankly completely useless because they don't have anything that makes them unique beyond their appearance, they are going to add more to the pool and let you level from 1 to 70 for another 5 months to try and get a hold of them.

Whilst I'd like to think they'll have some unique mechanic in season 2 (hell, even something like bosses/champions/elites have a chance to spawn with a rare modifier that increases their drops/exp/gold would be better than nothing) I reckon they'll go the lazy route and just chuck another 10 items into the loot pool.

mercviper

I beat my GR 43 record @ 12 minutes last night and got it recorded on twitch, although I'm not sure why there isn't any sound.

http://www.twitch.tv/mercviper/c/5976177

I had some trouble at the beginning with punishers stunning me but overall the rift was good to me. The previous GR43 clear I made was done with a leoric's crown instead of Tzo Krin's Gaze and when I made the switch for more damage I initially had a lot of trouble clearing 42s in time. I eventually realized it was because the long range playstyle didn't innately draw mobs to myself that weren't being attacked so I worked on moving in close like I didn't have the helm, and only using the long range option if it was vs elites or RGs for the zei's bonus and the added safety in handling affixes.

My next change will be replacing Mantra of Salvation with the lit runed Exploding Palm and seeing how far that will bring me. I did a run earlier this morning before servers shut down and cleared a 40 with it easily so I'm excited to see how it goes this evening.

Erethon is a cake walk in 40+. I can barely survive ghom in T6 haha.

Is there some strategy for this I don't know of? lol. It's not that he's hard to kill, it's just that the push wave cast animation is similar to his sentry laying one and if I mess up and don't dash in time while in melee range I get stunned twice and usually die from the existing sentries. Also, Ghom's poison barely tickles me so /shrug. I generally don't have to move until it's stacked 6+ times.

mercviper

I was playing a little bit the last few weeks and I saw Ancient Weapons mentioned. What's the lowdown on those?

Legendary items have like a 1/10 chance of being an Ancient Legendary, which just means bigger stat caps. For weapons, it means the damage range bonus is higher, so instead of the 9xx-1490 damage that you normally get on a 1h, it's now something like 13xx-19xx.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I was playing a little bit the last few weeks and I saw Ancient Weapons mentioned. What's the lowdown on those?

It means that 70% of every ancient you get will be a ring, glove or amulet and make you shed manly tears of disappointment

Shouta

Legendary items have like a 1/10 chance of being an Ancient Legendary, which just means bigger stat caps. For weapons, it means the damage range bonus is higher, so instead of the 9xx-1490 damage that you normally get on a 1h, it's now something like 13xx-19xx.

Ah, OK. That explains why I've seen some crazy looking stats on some weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom