• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

Another Ramaladni for the non season characters.

And ready to jump on season 2, although I'm considering jumping from Wizard to EZ mode Demon Hunter. I'm tired of feeling so neglected, things are MUCH easier with my DH than with my much better geared Wizard.

DH isn't a "Plant Sentry, walk around, watch shit die" class anymore.

kuYuri

Just got a third ancient RoRG in a roll since my last RoRG post. I can't make this up!

C746WtZ.png

Robin64

So Ancients are just a version of the Legendary with much higher stats but far less chance to drop? Haven't played since they were introduced.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Hmm, I wonder if they'll be able to do anything about this in time: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2vnht5/modz_found_a_new_way_to_level_170_in_roughly_3/

Repeating quest completions on T6 by having someone stay in a normal game and repeatedly leaving, completing the quest solo, and rejoining the host to reset the quest state.

Probably best to just disable repeat quest experience completely.

Edit: looks like it's been fixed. People are saying it automatically moves to the next quest now.

Raticus79

"Season 2 will be starting shortly after the following dates and times for each region:
North America: Friday, February 13 @ 6:00 p.m. PST
Europe: Friday, February 13 @ 6:00 p.m. CET
Asia: Friday, February 13 @ 6:00 p.m. KST"

Strider

Thanks. I should be able to be on when it starts. Decided I am gonna go ahead and make a seasonal character this time. The new Gungdo bracers... Gotta have them!

hardcore WD.

Welcome to the party :)

Got my first character in vanilla (a WD) to 60 in SC.

Decided to try HC... can't go back to SC. After you experience for the first time the adrenaline rush when you red screen and live... it is hard to replicate that in SC.

w4ttsup

I'm not sure either. I just feel like there's going to be an over abundance of Monks in S2.

I realllllly wish they'd bring Wizards up to par :(

Raticus79

Someone posted a very nice explanation of how %experience items interact with greater rifts here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2vokwx/okay_so_whats_the_deal_with_experience_in_greater/

Exp gear adds to the multiplier of exp, but on T6 it's just adding to an already very large multiplier. In GRs you have no base multiplier (except the multiplayer one), so you get 1 to 1 returns on % exp gear. With a competent group, you can push your base modifier to about 200-300%, or 2 to 3 times the exp. Assuming you are doing this in a group of 4, you get a multiplicative modifier of 30% on top of that, you can get in the 250% to 400%ish exp.

Robin64

I've not had Witch Doctor or Crusader over 30 yet. Those are my choices for S2 tomorrow. Either of those scream "Yes!" more than the other?

I've been logging on at nights lately again. Monks are all running a different build and I don't have the gear needed anymore. lol O well.

These new legendary items seem lazy.

If anything is lazy it's the current monk class as soon as they hit 70 they can go to t6 without farming any gear.

That would be a first in the history of the monk class. It's largely been one of the more gimped classes.

What changes have made them OP? I've been out of the game for a couple months.

Raticus79

I might stop playing monk if it's finally OP and everyone is running one. lol

Seriously though ... what changed that made them awesome?

The SWK set was reworked so that the clones are spawned when you use most spenders rather than depending on certain amounts of spirit spent. After they explode, they give you a buff for 3 seconds that makes those spenders do 6x damage.

(2) Set: Casting Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush or Wave of Light causes a decoy to spawn that taunts nearby enemies and then explodes for 1000% weapon damage.

(4) Set: When your decoys explode, you gain a buff that increases the damage of Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush and Wave of Light by 500% for 3 seconds.

Also they decided to be nice and made it so the SWK amulet always rolls with a socket. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/sunwukos-shines

Then, in S2, this starts showing up:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/gungdo-gear
Which makes all EP runes spread like Essence Burn.

So, monks now have the option of rounding up big screens full of enemies and wiping them all out at once with massive chain reactions of exploding palm where each explosion does something like 18000% weapon damage thanks to the SWK buff, and people can add other effects on that like fist of Az.

There's also this for spamming bells with no generator: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/incense-torch-of-the-grand-temple

If anything is lazy it's the current monk class as soon as they hit 70 they can go to t6 without farming any gear.

Hmm, are you talking about acting as a zero DPS support for other geared characters? I'm pretty sure I'm not doing to magically receive T6 solo powers at 70.

The SWK set was reworked so that the clones are spawned when you use most spenders rather than depending on certain amounts of spirit spent. After they explode, they give you a buff for 3 seconds that makes those spenders do 6x damage.

Also they decided to be nice and made it so the SWK amulet always rolls with a socket. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/sunwukos-shines

Then, in S2, this starts showing up:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/gungdo-gear
Which turns makes all EP runes spread like Essence Burn.

So, monks now have the option of rounding up big screens full of enemies and wiping them all out at once with massive chain reactions of exploding palm where each explosion does something like 18000% weapon damage thanks to the SWK buff, and people can add other effects on that like fist of Az.

There's also this for spamming bells with no generator: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/incense-torch-of-the-grand-temple

Hmm, are you talking about acting as a zero DPS support for other geared characters? I'm pretty sure I'm not doing to magically receive T6 solo powers at 70.

So that is a big change. I'm curently spamming MoH and occasionally SW when my flaying dragon kicks in. I come back and everyone has some diabo I've never used and my build felt a little underpowered.

IS the torch needed for this new monk build with the SW reduction? I would imagine a ton of damage depends on it.

MrDaravon

Man I haven't played Monk since the end of vanilla when it was DW lightning builds, that may actually get me to roll Monk for Season 2. Was debating between that or running DH yet again anyway, and both classes roll dex so I could at least share rings or something. Tempting.

Edit: Oh man I just realized that's only a 4-set bonus on that, that's nuts. So what kind of gear/setups are people running then, any links or anything? Also curious if the Torch is absolutely necessary or not.

FlyingHugeMan

Neo Member
Man I haven't played Monk since the end of vanilla when it was DW lightning builds, that may actually get me to roll Monk for Season 2. Was debating between that or running DH yet again anyway, and both classes roll dex so I could at least share rings or something. Tempting.

Edit: Oh man I just realized that's only a 4-set bonus on that, that's nuts. So what kind of gear/setups are people running then, any links or anything? Also curious if the Torch is absolutely necessary or not.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/19153-quin69-t6-fire-annihilation-monk

Still looking for my Torch ;__; .... but Im destroying T6 just fine with my shitty ancient Warmonger. Just look for gear with more ressource cost reduction.

neoism

So that is a big change. I'm curently spamming MoH and occasionally SW when my flaying dragon kicks in. I come back and everyone has some diabo I've never used and my build felt a little underpowered.

IS the torch needed for this new monk build with the SW reduction? I would imagine a ton of damage depends on it.

Your go too weapon with the gear will be the furnace ancient of course.... The torch is really good though.

MrDaravon

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/19153-quin69-t6-fire-annihilation-monk

Still looking for my Torch ;__; .... but Im destroying T6 just fine with my shitty ancient Warmonger. Just look for gear with more ressource cost reduction.

Hmm, so looking around it seems like most folks are running some variant of this build, and it seems like generally you're running fire for t6/farming, and lightning for GR's? Most of the gear seems pretty interchangable, other than the SWK pieces in terms of if you want to then also run Aughilds/Innas/Captains etc depending on your preference or specific build?

Celegus

Get ride of the sprint spent and put a slot in that bad boy....

...wha? For all that is holy, I hope it doesn't even need to be said to not do this. Personally I would whip out a calculator and figure out if base damage or damage % would be a bigger boost, given how godly that thing is. They're probably pretty close.

mercviper

Get ride of the sprint spent and put a slot in that bad boy....

What? No. Just use a gift on it...

Regarding 8% or damage?

Going from 8% to 10 % raises your min and max damage values by 56 and 81 respectively, so if you are rerolling damage you need
(81+56)/2
on average at least a 68.5 damage gain to make it better. I don't recall what the max damage roll you can get is or I would do that math for you too.

Right now you're looking at
(1848+2236) / 2 =
2042 average poison damage, so whatever values you roll on damage need to be more than 2111 using the (min+max)/2 formula in order to be better.

Jedi2016

Still trying to figure out how the blacksmith can forge, from scratch, an Ancient item.

Kind of loathe to give up my Ancient Bastion's Revered, though... 10 stacks of Frenzy is just nuts on single-target.

Addnan

Just over 8 hours until EU season 2 start. I don't think there is a cheap and easy way to level up to 70. Ah well. Boring bounties here I come :( At least I will have a decent supply of rift keys for once I am able to complete T1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom