• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the Condemn Crusader build was supposed to be pretty much on par with Stampede, but it seems pretty underwhelming so far. Groups clear out pretty quickly, but single target damage is bad. Can't pull too many groups together at once though, because you have to be in melee range and get killed very quickly GR40+. I can fly through lower levels and T6 rifts much faster, but I'm not sure if/how people were getting high leaderboards with it.

And screw Voracity. I just want to get my barb on the leaderboards again, but this fatso shows up everytime. GR43 is going swimmingly until I hit him and die 16 times.
Crusader is really hard to gear. For condemn, it needs amulet with holy, cc, chd, and holy soj because holy % scales with mirinae. I was only able to beat grift40 during season with midrange gear. No holy amulet and no holy soj.

Celegus

Crusader is really hard to gear. For condemn, it needs amulet with holy, cc, chd, and holy soj because holy % scales with mirinae. I was only able to beat grift40 during season with midrange gear. No holy amulet and no holy soj.

That's where I'm at too... can't find a SoJ to save my life, and I've always had rubbish luck at finding amulets. My best is still just a Blackthorne's with cc/ch/str/socket.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Woohoo, finally got an SMK.

cNxomuk.jpg

I just put a gift on it for now. Hmm, what to reroll for a Tiki doc... thinking maybe crit damage to attack speed or something.

jrcbandit

Was a pc player with WD and Wiz. But going to play on PS4 friends. Was thinking of DH and Monk. Are monks good without the seasonal stuff exclusive to pc?

Celegus

Woohoo, finally got an SMK.

I just put a gift on it for now. Hmm, what to reroll for a Tiki doc... thinking maybe crit damage to attack speed or something.

Do they need cooldown at all? Definitely get rid of crit, but I don't know exactly how the build works.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Do they need cooldown at all? Definitely get rid of crit, but I don't know exactly how the build works.

Just a little bit to cover the Horrify, either 20% with an 8 second mask or 40% with a 6 second mask (something like that). I have 6, so that might be a good choice for now. Either way, getting rid of the crit damage should be pretty safe I think.

Edit: nope, CDR required is a bit higher than I thought. Needs a bit extra to avoid gaps I guess. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15699674346

guys, I have an Ancient Leg Raven Bow.

Something like 3025 damage, 980 Dex, 5% attack speed and a socket.

I've gotten mixed messages on whether or not I should drop one of my 7 Gifts in it or not. Some have definitively said that YES, it's worth rolling the socket to +10% damage and Gifting. But others have definitively said that I should just roll the attack speed to +10% damage and call it a day.

I haven't played enough DH to know if +% attack speed on a DH bow is worth keeping. Help.

mercviper

Just a little bit to cover the Horrify, either 20% with an 8 second mask or 40% with a 6 second mask (something like that). I have 6, so that might be a good choice for now. Either way, getting rid of the crit damage should be pretty safe I think.

Edit: nope, CDR required is a bit higher than I thought. Needs a bit extra to avoid gaps I guess. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15699674346

Yeah you probably just want cdr on it, not that it's hard to reach the minimum, but more piranhado and spirit walk uptime is always better.

One tip while playing tiki, don't leave packs to drop totems on your dps if they have any of jailer/thunderstorm/reflect/shielding/frozen because the fear effect itself only lasts ~.5 seconds, you just effectively channel it around for the 6-8 seconds. So leaving to drop a totem will likely end in somebody's death.

Addnan

Are Blizzard ever going to reduce the blue/white requirements for craft and or buff the drop rate :( I need perfectly rolled Aug shoulders and bracers, so much being wasted.

kuYuri

Are Blizzard ever going to reduce the blue/white requirements for craft and or buff the drop rate :( I need perfectly rolled Aug shoulders and bracers, so much being wasted.

Blue are almost a guaranteed drop in chests while normal rifting/doing bounties.

guys, I have an Ancient Leg Raven Bow.

Something like 3025 damage, 980 Dex, 5% attack speed and a socket.

I've gotten mixed messages on whether or not I should drop one of my 7 Gifts in it or not. Some have definitively said that YES, it's worth rolling the socket to +10% damage and Gifting. But others have definitively said that I should just roll the attack speed to +10% damage and call it a day.

I haven't played enough DH to know if +% attack speed on a DH bow is worth keeping. Help.
Save your gift for an ancient 2hand crossbow. DH game has changed in patch 2.1.2. Attack speed doesn't matter anymore. People now stock up on resource cost reduction because you need to cast your spender now for the sentries to fire them. And 2hand crossbows deal more damage per resource spent.

Addnan

Blue are almost a guaranteed drop in chests while normal rifting/doing bounties.
I know, but I burn thorough them so quick. Bracers are damn expensive. Need ancient, lightning, dex, vit, chc, sec res and melee damage reduction. I am asking for quite a lot haha.

Xanathus

Along with opening chests for blues, I also do not pick up yellows anymore so that they don't fill up my inventory and only go for blues.

Addnan

Lé Blade Runner;151033082 said:
Well, I am playing on EU, and no Torch for me either... Reading posts like this twists a knife in my heart, man. :/
Sorry dude, we've all been through it. Took me so so log to get an acceptable swk amulet.

Nokterian

Lé Blade Runner;151044821 said:
Wait, really? I've been spending the past few days showering Kadala with Blood Shards, and she hasn't even teased me with the possibility of a Torch yet.

Anyway, congrats! :)

Dude i spend so much this whole week on kadala with bloodshards spend over 9000 at least and now i have it! Thank you :D

RS4-

Are you NA? I'd gladly trade a torch (unless it's ancient) for a decent SWK amulet...

Yeah NA. I'd definitely trade...if it was possible outside of grouping up. Stupid restrictions lol. And yeah, I'm probably at 5000+ on shards trying to get the torch.

Oh, I fucking hate the large bogan creeps and armaddons in rifts. But yeah, I need an upgrade, I'm still using a TF and ancient Monarch Scepter; a fist of azturrasq just dropped for me though, haven't ID'd it yet.

Jedi2016

Got my first Ancient weapon tonight, even rolled with a socket. And the third piece of my Immortal King's (w/RORG), so it's suddenly like walking around with infinite Fury and my own personal army.

eek5

Still no torch dropped for my monk :(

Torch is really good but you can speed farm with a ton of stuff. I actually found dual wield build to be the most fun... torch is a bit passive IMO. Sure the non-stop bells didn't do as much damage but it was fun to be able to move around so freely lol

Nokterian

Torch is really good but you can speed farm with a ton of stuff. I actually found dual wield build to be the most fun... torch is a bit passive IMO. Sure the non-stop bells didn't do as much damage but it was fun to be able to move around so freely lol

Look at my previous post kadala gifted it to me :p The thing about torch in 2.1.2 it is so good with sunwuko. Wave of light works very very good with it.

Also i switched to this build instead.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/27345-scrapzs-explosive-annihilation-build

Changed it a bit using goldwrap with boon of the hoarder a long with captain crimson's boots.

RS4-

Finally got my torch from kadala, didn't roll socket. It does have RCR at 10% which is bad for me since I'm running taeguk SW. So what do you guys think I should do? Drop SW and taeguk? Wait for s2 and see what happens in terms of other gear?

Addnan

Finally got my torch from kadala, didn't roll socket. It does have RCR at 10% which is bad for me since I'm running taeguk SW. So what do you guys think I should do? Drop SW and taeguk? Wait for s2 and see what happens in terms of other gear?
RCR to +10% damage then gift it. Taeguk is important in grifts for the toughness increase.

Celegus

What is the difference in S2 that makes Furnace out-damage Torch, I'm guessing Gungdo Gear has something to do with it.

Much more damage will be coming from EP instead of solely Wave of Light and the SWK clones, so the Furnace benefits everything. Though RG might be a little problematic trying to keep spirit up without the torch bonus.

Dahbomb

What is the difference in S2 that makes Furnace out-damage Torch, I'm guessing Gungdo Gear has something to do with it.
What Celegus said. Also Furnace on average has higher base damage as it's the slowest weapon.

Basically your damage output against mobs will sky rocket with Gungdo Gear and you get way more damage with Furnace than Torch when it comes to EP damage. And LTK with Furnace isn't too bad either especially against single targets/elites/RGs. The Cindercoat generally takes care of your RCR for the skill.

Addnan

Levelling up 'exploit' 1-70 for season 2.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YstsRBPWni8 Just another place to run T6 and hit checkpoint.

I am very happy with this when you have a weapon with amazing stats but don't want to sacrifice it very handy with this.

edit : changed my build to this not my video but holy hell this is so good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHTmf5qOpGE

You really want Sixth Sense in there for greater rifts , improves survivability a lot. If you are just running T6 then the ranged fire build is much quicker.

Addnan

Watching Gabynator play DH and Monk makes my wiz feel like a wimp

;_;

I might just go DH or Monk for the hell of it

To be fair he is what now paragon 1200? His ridiculous dex alone will carry him through most greater rifts. His streams are boring as fuck, how do you watch :p

Watching Gabynator play DH and Monk makes my wiz feel like a wimp

;_;

I might just go DH or Monk for the hell of it

honestly man. Blizzard has done Wizards wrong. I got some solid items up on my DH and there are no less than 3 elements I can build around and several items and off-hands i can use. Just about any 2H Bow, Crossbow or 1H bow are viable, as long as they roll with enough damage you can get up to GR40 as long as the rest of your gear is up to spec. Fire, Cold, or Physical. No problemo.

Compare with Wizards. Sunkeeper, Furnace, Sparker, or Maximus. That's it. No exceptions. Fire. No exceptions.

I don't understand the thinking behind constraining Wizards to only a Fire spec, and the hands-off hydra + blizzard setup. You barely even feel like you're playing the game as Wiz right now. At least with DH you feel like you're working for your food and it feels good. I'm sure Monks feel the same way. I've seen lightning and fire, and I assume physical is also an option.

It's like...you don't realize how limited your experience has been until you spend a bit of time with something else. Very unlikely I roll with Wiz again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom