• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

I found this Incense Torch for my Seasonal Monk. How should I re-roll it? I don't have a Gift yet... I thought Area Damage to Damage%? What do you think?

buPcLUq.png

Jesus. Yeah, area damage to damage% will be the best. Maybe a socket for now though.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Today has been a pretty good day. Gear is getting better. Using just a random Augild chest. Have Innas pants, need the rest. Rings/amulet with socket also needed. 27 hours so far.
04PMrDI.png

That's not...a new...seasonal character....is it???

HOW???? o_O

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Cant believe how many people reach 70 so fast...I started my seasonal on Friday evening and am only at lvl 25...but I haven't been able to spend a whole lot of time playing this past weekend. Real life crap gets in the way.

Mengy

Level 1 to being able to do T6 pretty easily in 8 hours total. Not too bad!

@_@

What are you playing as?

Okay, CLEARLY I'm playing this game wrong as some of you not only have seasonal level 70's already but have seasonal 70's who are higher paragon levels and better equipped than any of my NORMAL NON SEASONAL characters. I don't have one character capable of T6 yet and some of you made characters this weekend who can do T6 ?

??????? o_O

What am I missing? How???

Sarcasm

Hey I had to wait til Sat in my country for the season to start. But guess what I couldn't because I had to do things. So I got to play next day..guess how many public games were there?

Yep 0!

So here I am about to go south for five days -.- stuck at lvl 26 or something =(

Mitch

Banned
Okay, CLEARLY I'm playing this game wrong as some of you not only have seasonal level 70's already but have seasonal 70's who are higher paragon levels and better equipped than any of my NORMAL NON SEASONAL characters. I don't have one character capable of T6 yet and some of you made characters this weekend who can do T6 ?

??????? o_O

My guess is they ran with a group in adventure mode. I'm not entirely sure. My season character is only level 46 or so. I'm casually playing through the story on Master difficulty.

Addnan

That's not...a new...seasonal character....is it???

HOW???? o_O
Guy above probably got power levelled, so got geared in 8 hours.

Very new, my non seasonal is a lot better geared. It's all about efficiency. Day 1 did 1-70 in a group, took us about 6 hours and we ended up with approx 150 rift keys. We did it all in Hard mode, moved down when it was too hard and moved up to master when it was too easy, but for the most stuck to Hard. Expert is inefficient. As soon as I got to 60 started using a broken crown to start dropping lots of emeralds. As soon as you are able to pass Torment 1 start doing rifts and gamble blood shards with kadala. Don't move up difficulty until you are finding it super easy. It took me 9000 blood shards to get to where I am. Weapon dropped randomly. I am now at a point where T6 is once again a cake walk solo or otherwise. Still need quite a bit more to even attempt greater rifts.

Baliis

A bit of luck and group synergies mostly. I've been playing t6 as well since about 8 hours of my play time also because my DH friend I'm playing with got super lucky with his drops and got his full set really fast. Playing as a tank for him to lock mobs down and give him big damage bonuses and EP, with a crusader popping globes for him and being able to tank a bit as well, t6 is really pretty easy.

Meanwhile for my drops, I've gotten my Gungdo gear, full innas set, and a bunch of other shit without getting my SWK helm.

Celegus

Guy above probably got power levelled, so got geared in 8 hours.

Yep, a very generous GAF member offered to boost me from 20 to 70 in like an hour or so. Very grateful, but don't want to put him on blast and get bombarded with other people wanting boosted too. Found most of Inna's and the SWK amulet, then Kadala finally gave me the gloves, and then shoulders in the next batch. Knock out a few bounties on T3 for a RoRG, and I'm set.

FlyingHugeMan

Neo Member

??????? o_O

I'm on th same boat man, I dont get it.
I just checked and I played my non seasonal monk for 290 hours, and I have yet to drop a Torch or Unity ring ... some people here got those on their first season day ...

Thats disgusting :p

Mengy

Yep, a very generous GAF member offered to boost me from 20 to 70 in like an hour or so.

From 20 to 70 in one hour??? I must be ignorant, because I don't even understand the mechanics of how that is possible. I've played my new S2 demon hunter for a good 5 hours already and I'm only level 25.

Maybe I need to play in more groups...or google how this shit works.

I wish I could get geared as smoothly as some of you guys. goddamn. only thing I have worth keeping is my Gundo's.

Also, Kadala gave me some SWK gloves with dex, vit, CC and RCR. Does Monk want cost reduction on gloves? If so I'll roll the vid into CD. If not, I'll roll the RCR into CD. Pls advise.

Addnan

I wish I could get geared as smoothly as some of you guys. goddamn. only thing I have worth keeping is my Gundo's.

Also, Kadala gave me some SWK gloves with dex, vit, CC and RCR. Does Monk want cost reduction on gloves? If so I'll roll the vid into CD. If not, I'll roll the RCR into CD. Pls advise.

Really depends on the build. If your build involves innas and Tauguk then you do not want RCR.

Baliis

From 20 to 70 in one hour??? I must be ignorant, because I don't even understand the mechanics of how that is possible. I've played my new S2 demon hunter for a good 5 hours already and I'm only level 25.

If he was in a level 70 game on high torment, 1-70 can be done pretty quickly. I could prob do it in like 30 mins on my chars last season. A full set of act one bounties, then rifts with the keys you got will get you to 70.

DrAg0nBoY

Got powerleveled from 1 to 70 in 2 hours. Just me and another guy. But I am geared horribly.

So I do hope I get someone to play with to get better gear and stuff ...

Addnan

Paragon 200 now. Woo. The amazing people that power level others or carry them in T6, I don't know how you do it for anyone other than close friends, but good on you. Shit pisses me off, I just ignore the messages now :p.

eek5

Paragon 200 now. Woo. The amazing people that power level others or carry them in T6, I don't know how you do it for anyone other than close friends, but good on you. Shit pisses me off, I just ignore the messages now :p.

It's not bad if you can do T6 comfortably. If you run hoarder gem you get quite a bit of gold too and all the level 70 act caches if you time it right (clear all bounties w/o talking to tyreal).

Still, I woudln't help anyone out either so don't even ask if you're thinking about it people! :lol

eek5

No. I think you can get 6.4% RCR before inna's bonus makes SW too cheap to trigger taeguk cheese so you generally don't want any flat RCR on gear since it's so cheap to get in paragon points (and in a section where you have flexibility in). Keep the vit.

SMgamer83

The fact that there is such a discrepancy, where some players are saying "5 hours and I'm level 25", and other players are going from 1 to 70(100) in the same time, is one of the things I hate about this game. So many blatant ways to abuse the system. The only thing that helps me keep enjoying the game is knowing other players doesn't affect me.

Addnan

The fact that there is such a discrepancy, where some players are saying "5 hours and I'm level 25", and other players are going from 1 to 70(100) in the same time, is one of the things I hate about this game. So many blatant ways to abuse the system. The only thing that helps me keep enjoying the game is knowing other players doesn't affect me.

1-70 in 5 hours is no way abusing any system. If you run bounties in four man group it takes at most 6 hours to get to 70. That's not even power levelling, it's just how XP is given in bounties. People just don't know the best way to level up or just enjoy playing the way they do.

mercviper

Abuse the system? lol. I basically soloed from 20-70 in about 6 hours just doing bounties. You can jump into T1 pretty much once you hit 70 with craftables, once you get a good weapon you can take T2/3/4 and then T6 is basically when you finish your main set.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus, I got so lost in Diablo today, I played for 10 hours today lol, which I never do. I usually hit it for like 2 - 3 hours max. Ended up with some nice upgrades, although no GG pieces and I'm still missing my set bonus, best item of the day was a nice RROG.

Woot my week away for work this week has been split into two. So will be home tonight and get about an hour of Diablo time and ~3 hours tomorrow. Easily enough time to finish getting to 70 and work towards hitting T2.

squadr0n

Are there anymore spots in the Gaf Clan? If so my Battlenet ID is Squadron (#1488)-If that's needed. Went DH for Season 2, will be on all night since were basically snowed in here. Oh and her name ingame is NaomiHunter btw.

MrDaravon

At paragon 146, been gambling for a SWK helm for my 4-set bonus since para ~40 or so and nothing. Kadala has actually given me multiple Ancient Madstones, it's ridiculous.

Radec

Paragon 89 and the only notable drop i got is a unity and a swk shoulder.

Fml.

Stop. Giving me Vault blizz. I already went into 6 of them.

Dahbomb

I need a little help with my monk. I can do T4 and just got my RORG. What would I need to do exactly to start going into T6?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Negator-1637/hero/57537373
2H weapon for starters. Incense Torch or Furnace are best for Monk currently but most Ancient 2Hs would be a huge DPS boost for you. You want to hit hard per hit, not fast.

For boots you want the Crudest Boots so that you can have double Mystic Ally.

Probably want Inna's Belt and Pants as well to compliment the Chest. Otherwise you can look for a Cindercoat to go with you fire based build.

For Bracers you want Gungo God (aka Gungdo Gear). That alone will push you two levels up. It's just that godlike.

Eventually you will want a good Sunwuko's Amulet as well so that you can have either Inna's Helm or Leoric's Crown (for the CDR gem).

Unity or SOJ in the future to compliment the RORG.

Once you have some of these items especially the Crudest Boots and Gungdo Gear you can forego the need to have a Spirit Generator. You can run Mystic Ally, WoL, Dashing Strike, SW Inner Storm, Epiphany, Exploding Palm. There is no need to run a Mantra either especially if you have the Inna's 4 set bonus anyway.

For Gems you want Bane of the Trapped, Taeguk and another gem of your choice (like Bane of Powerful/Golgok of Swiftness or the new one that regens health which is kinda nice when paired with Mantra of Healing).

Negator

I don't really care what element i go for right now. My bracers are junk and the only thing giving elemental damage.

I do have some physical Gungdos. Should I just build physical?

Also should I just start crafting a bunch of Sunders until I get an Ancient one?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Playing HotS a lot lately made me miss Diablo. Did they ever change WD summons to be viable? That's really the only thing I want to play, me and my little army, but back in the day that was completely impossible as harder mobs just melted your pets.

neoism

Got my Inna's chest piece- I always spam the mouse when gambling- 2 dropped right after one another :p

-___- damn been tryin for them alll day.. :( but fucking finally got a gob relm(first time ever) and made like 40 mil and got an innas belt.. still my gear isnt that great....

Dahbomb

I don't really care what element i go for right now. My bracers are junk and the only thing giving elemental damage.

I do have some physical Gungdos. Should I just build physical?

Also should I just start crafting a bunch of Sunders until I get an Ancient one?
You have a Gungo God and you aren't using it?

loki_gif_1.gif

Yeah you should go Physical. Physical Bell is actually pretty good, stunlocks enemies. Also don't worry about the elemental type of Exploding Palm, just pick the Cold one for the highest damage output. Remember to tag the weakest enemy in a group with EP... not the strongest one. I still see players making this mistaken in groups.

And yea if you have the materials/gold to craft a good 2H then by all means go for it. Make sure to get one that has LoH as you need it for survivability.

Honestly speaking equipping the GG bracer and having a good 2H weapon SHOULD put you at enough DPS to beat T6 comfortably. The rest would be up to survivability.

SO I made a season character, a Crusader.

So once I get to level 70, I can pretty much quit the character and get the transmog stuff, right? Or are the season legendaries/gems able to uh, transfer to my main game?

Vodh

They transfer once the season is over - unfortunately that may well take a good few months. Still, playing new season is fun and then you get the massive boost in exp and loot once everything does get transferred. I thought of just getting to 70 on my seasonal dh, but now I'm planning on sticking with monk on season - never had a decently geared one anyway and this is definitely the patch and season to have one.

Had a ridiculous lucky start at season 2. Incense torch, Gungdo, Unity, and Sunwuko. Even had a solid witching hour drop. And to think it took me over 600 paragons to find my first witching hour in non-season...

Now I don't feel so bad deleting my non-season monk to make room for a seasonal toon.

MBNiMEB.jpg

OQ20p5S.jpg

w3xeONo.jpg

second real day of play for me and I must have borrowed your luck. within an hour of play i got dropped 2 more pieces of Sunwuko to complete the set as I then did two act 1 bounties on T3 to pick up my RoRG!! :D

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BlueGeezer-2136/hero/55078628

Playing HotS a lot lately made me miss Diablo. Did they ever change WD summons to be viable? That's really the only thing I want to play, me and my little army, but back in the day that was completely impossible as harder mobs just melted your pets.
Petdoc is viable but it needs the elusive weapon SMK. And people are doing it recently with Tiklandian Visage instead of Mask of Jeram

Petdoc is viable but it needs the elusive weapon SMK. And people are doing it recently with Tiklandian Visage instead of Mask of Jeram

Back before I quit Diablo 3(It was...about 5-6 months ago? Actually close to 9 months ago) I was running petdoc without any specific legendaries for him. It was fun! Probably not the best build but having 4 dogs, a Golem, and summoning fetishes worked pretty well.

They transfer once the season is over - unfortunately that may well take a good few months. Still, playing new season is fun and then you get the massive boost in exp and loot once everything does get transferred. I thought of just getting to 70 on my seasonal dh, but now I'm planning on sticking with monk on season - never had a decently geared one anyway and this is definitely the patch and season to have one.

Oh that is awesome, so my Crusader FatsBrown will eventually be playable/equipment transferrable with my other characters? Neat! Very awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom