• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negator

And yea if you have the materials/gold to craft a good 2H then by all means go for it. Make sure to get one that has LoH as you need it for survivability.

Honestly speaking equipping the GG bracer and having a good 2H weapon SHOULD put you at enough DPS to beat T6 comfortably. The rest would be up to survivability.

I did some group T6. At the moment I feel like a glass cannon. Probably two more pieces of Inna's would help a bit.

100 paragon levels and nothing decent except Gundos that I got at para 5. 1 piece of an innas, 1 piece of SWK, and 1 ancient diabo that literally rolled the lowest possible damage values. I don't ask for much, but anything that would make me feel like I'm making some progress would be nice.

Addnan

100 paragon levels and nothing decent except Gundos that I got at para 5. 1 piece of an innas, 1 piece of SWK, and 1 ancient diabo that literally rolled the lowest possible damage values. I don't ask for much, but anything that would make me feel like I'm making some progress would be nice.

That seems like pretty good progress to me.. You can't expect to face tank T6 straight from the off.

This is kind of a long shot since most people are interested in season 2 right now but does anyone on EU want to do non-season grifts35+/fast t6 rifts?

I am already in a clan but most of the time i am the only member online. I was in GafEU when patch 2.0 hit until it died out, moved on to a more active clan and now the same thing happened again. I was interested in joining one of the top EU clans but the requirements are quite high (top 70 rank solo) and i am not there yet (rank 187 currently iirc).

I get tired fast playing solo so if anyone feels like doing some co-op, feel free to add me.

I play crus and my Battletag is FixateDCrab#1473

J. Bravo

Got from 21-50 doing a few split bounties and like 7 rifts. We started facerolling hard so switched to master and kept facerolling. Fate of the fell is op even at low levels lol.

mileS

I feel you. I'm in the same boat. Literally. Para 121 and I just now got my first SWK piece. Honestly wouldn't be as bad if i didn't notice the rest of our clan or even the endless amounts of pugs ive seen with the full set bonus and even innas as well. Feels like I'm one of the only people at my level that don't have the set bonus. If it wasn't as needed to advance to t6 I wouldn't care as much really.

Alienups

Ive never heard of or seen anyone mention the Istvan's Paired Blades set but i got it on my seasonal monk just now and they dont seem too bad. Not high GR material or anything but decent till i get something amazing.

Dreavus

Picked up my first RoRG, seasonal or not.

Too bad I'm only level 45. D:

WD is pretty fun. It's my first playthrough with the class, which is weird because I love classes with summons in most games. I only hope that my minions will be able to keep up as the difficulty gets pushed higher, since there's usually a fall off point where they start dying too fast.

Jas

I feel you. I'm in the same boat. Literally. Para 121 and I just now got my first SWK piece. Honestly wouldn't be as bad if i didn't notice the rest of our clan or even the endless amounts of pugs ive seen with the full set bonus and even innas as well. Feels like I'm one of the only people at my level that don't have the set bonus. If it wasn't as needed to advance to t6 I wouldn't care as much really.

I was in the same boat, had 0 swk or innas pieces around para 120.
Kadalla finally gave me my swk gloves and the rest of the pieces have come faster now.
She gave me 4 Tasker and Theo gloves before I finally got them tho lol.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I was stuck waiting for the shoulders for my SWK set most of the weekend and then suddenly Kadala remembered she had them in stock and gave me three in a row. That was a funny moment in clan chat.

Here's my monk so far: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raticus79-1110/hero/57378311
I still need to enchant most of my stuff and fix up my build a bit.

I got really lucky with this amulet - just need to get a higher crit damage reroll:
FKRPmbU.png

I'm hoping to get a nice Fist of Az'Turrasq. I have a feeling higher CDR dual wield setups using that are going to be pretty solid - maybe not the absolute top tier, but more fun to play.

is it worth using the gungdo bracers even though I only have a level 40 pair? I would lose double digits worth of attack and toughness to do so but would get the effect....

I am farming T4 atm (nice and fast anything above that slows down enough to make me go back atm) would it be worth the stat sacrifice for that one line?

Radec

is it worth using the gungdo bracers even though I only have a level 40 pair? I would lose double digits worth of attack and toughness to do so but would get the effect....

I am farming T4 atm (nice and fast anything above that slows down enough to make me go back atm) would it be worth the stat sacrifice for that one line?

Yes.

mercviper

Getting the hang of clearing GRs now. Can somewhat reliably spawn RG on 39/40 in about 6-7 minutes. Feels kinda wrong just flat out avoiding most packs, but they just have too much hp to take down in a reasonable amount of time.

joesmokey

Getting the hang of clearing GRs now. Can somewhat reliably spawn RG on 39/40 in about 6-7 minutes. Feels kinda wrong just flat out avoiding most packs, but they just have too much hp to take down in a reasonable amount of time.
Being smart about what is worth clearing, properly grouping together mobs, and training the high HP packs are the only way you'll get through GR40+ (at least before ancient weapons existed).

Any time I join a game with a Monk that's using Gungdo Gear all I do is the follow the loot trail, as I never get a chance to help out, lol. If I weren't still burnt out on Monk from when the game originally released I would have made one for this season.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Any time I join a game with a Monk that's using Gungdo Gear all I do is the follow the loot trail, as I never get a chance to help out, lol. If I weren't still burnt out on Monk from when the game originally released I would have made one for this season.

If you're burned out on monks, I think support crusaders will be in high demand. You can even run %exp gear and the gem of ease to rack up more Paragon levels while you're at it.

eek5

Anybody get this on the main screen?

gJpO90T.jpg

I'm on EU, not the first time it's happened.

I've seen that on and off for as long as I remember. It's mostly been in a perpetual state of brokenness lately though.

As good as gungdo bracers are, they are a bit overhyped. Until you get something to mitigate resource cost either by stacking 20-30 RCR or getting a cindercoat/torch it is too expensive to blow all your spirit on EP/Spender combos. I mean you can round shit up and hope you set off a chain reaction but .. meh. Reaper's is a lot better until you can get past the resource hump IMO. If you have other people in your group casting EP gungdo makes less and less sense if you don't have huge RCR bonuses because you'll just spirit starve yourself and end up doing nothing that contributes as you use generator to try to build spirit back up.

I've been logging on at night again recently but still not sure if I should hop into the season. I just bought a home and am in the middle of a remodel. I"m not sure if I should vest my time.

Playing alone while everyone is on kinda blows though lol.

Stevey

Got some pretty shitty Sunwoko shoulders, stashed them til I get some more of the set.
Got Boon of the Hoarder, gotta farm some gold to upgrade gems.

I wasn't sure if I liked Monk at forst, but EP is pretty fun, even without the Inna's and Sunwoko Set bonuses.

mercviper

As good as gungdo bracers are, they are a bit overhyped. Until you get something to mitigate resource cost either by stacking 20-30 RCR or getting a cindercoat/torch it is too expensive to blow all your spirit on EP/Spender combos. I mean you can round shit up and hope you set off a chain reaction but .. meh. Reaper's is a lot better until you can get past the resource hump IMO. If you have other people in your group casting EP gungdo makes less and less sense if you don't have huge RCR bonuses because you'll just spirit starve yourself and end up doing nothing that contributes as you use generator to try to build spirit back up.

Agreed on the overhyped aspect. Gungdo is good, but it's only good if you're doing content where you don't do enough damage to 1-shot everything. If your EPs are doing enough damage to kill the surrounding mobs, then gungdo's EP application doesn't apply and you're not saving any time or spirit since you have to re-apply EP to the ones that weren't hit by the initial blast. On the other hand, you can just run EP's fire rune on farm content and watch everything burn.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Big power spike today, I got both Inna's and Sunwuko's set bonus which made such a huge difference to my gameplay. T3 - T6 in a day ain't bad. I still need a few bits before I'm at the better roll/ancient stage though. Completed Grift 32 in 2 and 3 player so progressing nicely.

Went from 63-67 last night in about an hour. Had at least 3 bonus xp shines which sped it up a little bit. Keen to finish work today and hopefully get to paragon 20 or so. Think I am going to try running a pet build. Lately while playing diablo I've got into the habit of catching up on some YouTube channel I follow or TV series on my second monitor so a build that doesn't require 100% focus is ideal.

Just hope I get the plans for aughilds shortly after hitting 70.

j-wood

I'm thinking about getting this on ps4 even though I have it on PC. Does the ps4 get patches and will it get future expansions?

Ghizz

RIP......70 monk ~210 paragon...

had 3pc swk, 3pc inna's + ancient inna daibo...+ ancient crudest boots(2 mystic allies) and ancient helm..................................................

FML! GONNA RAGE QUIT HARDCORE

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
RIP......70 monk ~210 paragon...

had 3pc swk, 3pc inna's + ancient inna daibo...+ ancient crudest boots(2 mystic allies) and ancient helm..................................................

FML! GONNA RAGE QUIT HARDCORE

You hardcore people are glutens for punishment lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Petdoc is viable but it needs the elusive weapon SMK. And people are doing it recently with Tiklandian Visage instead of Mask of Jeram

I have no clue what most of what you said means but I'm glad it's viable now :)

Addnan

New monks: make sure all gears that can have secondary resist has a secondary resist then run the harmony passive. The amulet above needs to be trashed :p

Grampasso

I guess I got lucky today

lol

now what to roll
3d952a34ac70ac0d43f5d878a64827a1.png
(excuse my shitty image taking skills)
If you have Ramaladni reroll the socket on the kridershot to +% dmg, though I suspect the base dmg rolled quite low and you may even get a better result rerolling that instead but I'm not sure about the min/max.
Edit: Yes I checked and saw that you can reach at least 1905 max dmg against your 1706, so in your luck you were also a bit unlucky with rolls (DEX is low too and LoH is not desireable), but all in all I think that +10% dmg instead of socket, if you can obtain it, would be a higher boost than rerolling dmg.
You should sit at 3100 dmg with the 10% dmg and something like 3050 rerolling the base dmg. Nice one though, I suppose now you can steamroll GR40+ now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom