• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negator

YES! The lightning monk holy grail!

5BILDlq.jpg

YE...wait a god damn minute.

dfCEX9g.jpg

NOOOOOOOOO!

p3n

Do enemies hit a LOT harder in S2 now? My S2 barb is a massive tank compared to her S1 brother but trash mobs in GRs as low as 33 fuck her up. Had to run with perma ancients so clear 37. I remember needing the ancients for group play at 45 and above but this is ridiculous.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Just got back into this for the new season. My last 7 legendary drops in a row, no exaggeration, have been Krel's bracers and 3 of the same Legendary scoundrel tokens. Fuck this game. Seriously, those odds are so miniscule it seems literally impossible for this to be a fluke???

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got 3 Ancients off one Grift boss last night and they were all garbage lol.

Zvolen12

Neo Member

Taz

just hit 70 with my season hero. wizard.

what's the best way to gear up? just rifts?

Either join a group or solo I always do act 1 bountys and use the rares that drop as a starting kit and after an hour or two you should have a gear set to do Torment one, then do rifts with the 50 + keys you should have on T1

Chocobro

After running with you last night I will be going the support Crus build, atleast until I can properly gear. Its relatively easy to gear for, plus the opportunity to run higher grifts.

I know I said it before but thanks again for the help last night. We had some good runs.

It's a good stepping stone to get you good gear because you'll be partying with people that can do T6.

Which makes me wonder, is there a good new zDPS or support monk build that doesn't use SWK? All of my build and gear knowledge is prior to 2.1.2.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
My Monk is starting to come along, I can solo Grift 28 (maybe higher) and T6 is easy so that's nice. My goal for the season was Grift 40 solo, and I really wasn't expecting to play anywhere near as much as I have, I've just been hooked again which hasn't been the case in a very long time. I just need Sunwoku helm for the last bonus which I'm hoping is a noticeable damage increase. Then I'll go for a proper pair of Gundo as mine are fucking terrible and then I need to pray for a second Unity.

Tyreny

Has anyone started a HC Season 2 character??

Yep, I'm Franchise in game. SerpentMage is playing one as well. I am level 40ish and I think he is about 10-15 levels higher.

If you want to get into it send me a friend request, it would be nice to have some trustworthy players to group with in HC. The leveling slog is real with conservative difficulties and legit found gear. A group exp bonus would go a long way.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
After running with you last night I will be going the support Crus build, atleast until I can properly gear. Its relatively easy to gear for, plus the opportunity to run higher grifts.

I know I said it before but thanks again for the help last night. We had some good runs.

No problem. Come to think of it, it's probably the easiest build to get started and jump right to endgame with - no need for rare stuff like the starmetal kukri witch doctors have to deal with.

By the time you get bored of playing support, you'll have so much other crusader gear you'll be in good shape for running offensive crusader builds. Plus you can run exp gear in the beginning (and even use the new gem of ease in the weapon) to rack up those early paragon levels in the greater rifts.

Xeteh

Man, just finished running a bunch of rifts with another WD that is only like 8 PLevels higher (I'm 96) and he had Taskers and Theo, Starmetal Kukri and Mask of Jeram. Nah, I'm not jealous. I'm rolling in my 6 Helltooth Helms, 3 Sacred Harvesters/Homunculus. I'll just keep wearing this Zuni helmet because Kadala is the worst thing ever.

eek5

No problem. Come to think of it, it's probably the easiest build to get started and jump right to endgame with - no need for rare stuff like the starmetal kukri witch doctors have to deal with.

By the time you get bored of playing support, you'll have so much other crusader gear you'll be in good shape for running offensive crusader builds. Plus you can run exp gear in the beginning (and even use the new gem of ease in the weapon) to rack up those early paragon levels in the greater rifts.

I'm going to level mine tonight. Can't wait to do GR50's with you guys!!

Zvolen12

Neo Member

Ya, that was my exact thinking as well. Its a great way to progress and grind experience for plvls and lvl gems. Then by that time it would be any easy transition to whichever build you want. I just need to find the set plans which shouldnt be to hard.

I'm going to level mine tonight. Can't wait to do GR50's with you guys!!

If you need help I would be happy to do so. Count me in on those grifts too.

Taz

Why are set helms so hard to gamble on a Monk it's nuts seeing people Paragon level 100 ish with full SWK and Inn's

Dreavus

Leveling up is bittersweet sometimes. My first time playing WD in this game, and I found a Thunderfury and Homunculus around the same time. It was awesome until about 10 levels later when they both got completely outclassed!

TSM

Has anyone started a HC Season 2 character??

I'm playing HC this season. I leveled up to 55 before I realized that if you haven't cleared HC campaign in non season then you need to clear act 4 before it will allow you to select torment difficulty. So now I get to grind through the terrible story again.

So i haven't been in this situation since the launch of RoS when I started a fresh Monk and I can't remember the best method for gearing pre torment level. Finished getting my S2 WD to 70 last night.

I am playing on Master difficulty right now, though bosses can be a little slow. T1 just wrecks me. Should I be focusing on bounties still trying to get better level 70 yellows or should I be going straight into rifts? Wasn't sure about the rifts because I would be using keys up and not being able to get Torment specific legendaries.

I got the Reapers Wraps recipe I was after but maximum I could make with the materials I had was 3 and unfortunately none of them were useful, so as I get more materials I will keep making them until I get a suitable pair which will fit out the bracers slot at least.

Celegus

So i haven't been in this situation since the launch of RoS when I started a fresh Monk and I can't remember the best method for gearing pre torment level. Finished getting my S2 WD to 70 last night.

I am playing on Master difficulty right now, though bosses can be a little slow. T1 just wrecks me. Should I be focusing on bounties still trying to get better level 70 yellows or should I be going straight into rifts? Wasn't sure about the rifts because I would be using keys up and not being able to get Torment specific legendaries.

I got the Reapers Wraps recipe I was after but maximum I could make with the materials I had was 3 and unfortunately none of them were useful, so as I get more materials I will keep making them until I get a suitable pair which will fit out the bracers slot at least.

Fastest way would be to leach off of a Torment 1+ group through rifts. Most GAF people wouldn't mind if you joined, or if there's nobody around, join T1 pub games and stick close to the group so it looks like you're pulling your weight. It's definitely faster than playing solo through bounties or whatnot, I went from crap yellow gear to T1 capable after just a few rifts like that.

J. Bravo

thanks eek and strider. got to test out the zdps sader spec...kind of. ya'll too pro for me to do much lol. it was fun getting from 12-46 in like 30 minutes + a couple upgrades as well.

joesmokey

Made it to GR39 tonight. Not too bad of progress already.

I need to work on getting better rolls on my pieces and I really need an ancient source.

Goddamn so I've been playing Diablo 3 on my PC, and I've always had alot of tearing despite my PC being pretty damn strong.(For example I never had issues playing Metro or Metal Gear Revengeance, 2 games which obviously need more CPU to it). I finally decided to set Vertical Sync, and now my games at a locked 60 fps. So beautifuck. I always thought Vertical sync would lock it to 30 but...man. What a difference

Stevey

Goddamn so I've been playing Diablo 3 on my PC, and I've always had alot of tearing despite my PC being pretty damn strong.(For example I never had issues playing Metro or Metal Gear Revengeance, 2 games which obviously need more CPU to it). I finally decided to set Vertical Sync, and now my games at a locked 60 fps. So beautifuck. I always thought Vertical sync would lock it to 30 but...man. What a difference

I lock it to 144 :v

Grampasso

I'm torn between continue using my regular Kridershot with 2700 dps or my new Ancient Nat weapon 3200+ dps on my cold DH. I'd have to swap my generator from Cold EA to EF+Focus but I think the DPS improvement would be noticeable (also if I'll ever find a Ramaladni I could reroll the socket in RCR).
Any suggestion?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
S2 GR57:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdX9_EnOUrA

2 x fire CA DH (with arcane barb), zDPS crusader and a tiki WD with solanium for globes for hatred. (source)

It's interesting to see people using that grenade-dropping CA - I thought it looked good but it was just slow. It makes sense since they're grouped up and taking long enough to kill that there's time for them all to fall.

It's a good video. You can see the crusader zooming around gathering up the next group for them to work on. Guess I'll make a WD since we have a few crusaders now.

Handal

Hey guys, I'm looking for some friends that are currently playing S2 on America.

If you wanna rift/bountie or anything, add me !

Popcorn#1489.

Also looking for a clan invite from GAF if possible !

Syntek

It's interesting to see people using that grenade-dropping CA - I thought it looked good but it was just slow. It makes sense since they're grouped up and taking long enough to kill that there's time for them all to fall.

Cluster bomb has always been the highest damaging skill for DH ever since the original vanilla launch. The few times I ran with it with zdps WD and Sader, CB definitely cleared packs faster than LFB. The issue however, is that the majority RGs simply don't play well with CB. And if both DH went CB, and Blighter or Voracity popped, then well..yeah. For pushing leaderboard and rift fishing, CB is good. For general rifting, not so much.

ferr

I finally got a hoarder gem the other day. Put it in a nice avarice I've been saving and leveled it up. That plus goldwrap = T6 rifts have never been this quick for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom