• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

lol, my luck continues to be not great.

Just found my first ancient legendary and it is a bloody Jade Harvester helm. :|

Thanks to Raticus I leveled up my sader. Gearing it up was surprisingly easy. Still missing a good shield and strongarms but pretty decent so far.

The problem is there isn't anyone to buff Q_Q

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/eek-1673/Abraham/58081072

Holy fuck you scared me with that link, that's my name.
~~~
On my seasonal crusader(I haven't looked at any guides) I'm currently running Horse-Phalanx(Bowman)-Meteor Drop(That falling one) and Laser beams.

It works pretty well in wrecking things. I haven't decided on a wrath dump yet, currently using Blessed Hammer because it's fun seeing hammers.

eek5

Holy fuck you scared me with that link, that's my name.
~~~
On my seasonal crusader(I haven't looked at any guides) I'm currently running Horse-Phalanx(Bowman)-Meteor Drop(That falling one) and Laser beams.

It works pretty well in wrecking things. I haven't decided on a wrath dump yet, currently using Blessed Hammer because it's fun seeing hammers.

I'm on to you!

I have no idea how to play Crusader. I think I got power leveled on my regular sader and have like 4 hrs played on it then power leveled my seasons one and have 1-2 hrs played on it. Hopefully I can find some people to run GRs with and gear up for a non-zDPS build.

mercviper

I'm on to you!

I have no idea how to play Crusader. I think I got power leveled on my regular sader and have like 4 hrs played on it then power leveled my seasons one and have 1-2 hrs played on it. Hopefully I can find some people to run GRs with and gear up for a non-zDPS build.
I can probably dps for you :p

I've been trying for these all week and finally got them. Thanks, Kadala.

vkwAEeh.jpg

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck you, Blizzard! Ancient SW neck, great, just what I needed..... but it has resource cost reduction and life regen on it, gah. Not even a high dex roll.

PS: So happy I will finally be able to pick a different portrait, never liked the one we get now.

eek5

PTR soon? So this is going to drop during this season? I should maybe stop salvaging all my rainment shit.

FoM rifts are going to be so good.

Dreavus

Fuck you, Blizzard! Ancient SW neck, great, just what I needed..... but it has resource cost reduction and life regen on it, gah. Not even a high dex roll.

PS: So happy I will finally be able to pick a different portrait, never liked the one we get now.

I haven't reached the upper echelons of Paragon levels yet, but the "stars" for the higher ranks look horrible. I'm secretly hoping they are going to revamp those ones along with the changes to the cosmetics UI.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't reached the upper echelons of Paragon levels yet, but the "stars" for the higher ranks look horrible. I'm secretly hoping they are going to revamp those ones along with the changes to the cosmetics UI.

I remember when they said they'd be adding new portraits and everyone was excited, then they just added clipart stars to the current one.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
OK so I got the last SW set bonus and I went from failing level 30 to clearing it easily with 10 minutes to spare, I didn't know it was going to be such a massive power spike but when you think about, it's like having perma power pylon. I think not having a second Unity nor the follower item will start holding back my progression soon.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
OK so I got the last SW set bonus and I went from failing level 30 to clearing it easily with 10 minutes to spare, I didn't know it was going to be such a massive power spike but when you think about, it's like having perma power pylon. I think not having a second Unity nor the follower item will start holding back my progression soon.

Yup, that +500% means 6x damage, so that sounds about right.

Neat, I wasn't expecting an update on that so soon. They said they planned to have the patches between seasons, so maybe they're planning for a longer PTR this time and maybe sticking with a short season 2.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, that +500% means 6x damage, so that sounds about right.

Neat, I wasn't expecting an update on that so soon. They said they planned to have the patches between seasons, so maybe they're planning for a longer PTR this time and maybe sticking with a short season 2.

The difference is night and day mate, I've since completed G34 and missed out on G35 by not much. If I had the required items I could probably do G38 or so, but so far the follower item and Unity just will not drop for me.

I remember reading they were aiming for 3 - 5 months for season 2, which is perfect IMO. Lets hope they get the PTR up ASAP so as many bugs as possible can be found before season 3.

KarmaCow

I've never really played a DH so I'm still very new at this but it feels kinda boring. It's not quite as passive as a Pet WD but with my current build it feels like it's just holding down right click for Rapid Fire with the most interesting thing being tactically choosing who to put Mark of Death - Contagion on to keep a continuous spread. Any suggestions for more active but viable builds?

Barely 6 days into season 2 and im pretty much maxed already, unless i want to torture myself and go for an ancient Furnace and hellfire amulet.

OyvTSNZ.jpg

s298zwH.jpg

nfatJgV.jpg

They really made gearing way too easy.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
Barely 6 days into season 2 and im pretty much maxed already, unless i want to torture myself and go for an ancient Furnace and hellfire amulet.

OyvTSNZ.jpg

s298zwH.jpg

nfatJgV.jpg

To be fair not everyone can power through 380 plvls in 6 days, that may take some 6 weeks or even longer.

Yeah I don't think I'm even Paragon level 300 on my S1/Normal combined characters. And that's over 200 hours of playtime.

I dunno how the hell you got so high so fast.

eek5

Looks like you've made a little more progress than I have, still cant get those plans to drop. I like the playstyle so far, you?

I only got a chance to run 3 or 4 rifts with it. It was pretty interesting once I got the hang of all the skills. For lower GR or regular rifts having steed charge is almost mandatory to keep up with all the monks. Dragging people around with the horse is pretty funny though. Hopefully I can finish it up and feel its true power. Getting strong arms will help a lot probably. Still need to level up some defensive gems so I never die.

neoism

man this game is evil 10k bloodshards on chest not one fucking innas chest.... gotten like 4 cindercoats and pretty much every chest in the game.. some I hadn't even seen before.
-__________- Ive gotten 4 Gears soo far.. gave one away... I need MAEH FO PIECE INNA's GAME...... RAGEFACEEE...
:*(

neoism

Yeah I don't think I'm even Paragon level 300 on my S1/Normal combined characters. And that's over 200 hours of playtime.

I dunno how the hell you got so high so fast.

blizz decided to keep a bug in the game with GR's.. You put exp gear on and do 30-38 GR's with a group and you get mad EXP.....

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Freed up 15 spots in the clan by removing ones which haven't logged in for over 120 days. If anyone wants in, please request an invite in the clan search and then post your battletag (like myname#1234 so I can find it in a search) or send it to me in a PM.

I just hit 400 on my mains after 2 years.

Basically. 500 on my main after 2 years.

Anyway, getting a bit discouraged. Over 120 paragon levels and I have exactly 1 item worth equipping. Can't get more than 1 SWK set piece no matter how many blood shards I spend on Kadala, rifts and GRs I do. I pretty much have to ignore other people's drops at this point because I only get frustrated that I don't have *anything*. One decent item would make me feel better.

eek5

Sader is pretty fun. Did some GRs with merc strider and allzsomething. Hopefully I get the blind shield and strong arms soon.

joesmokey

blizz decided to keep a bug in the game with GR's.. You put exp gear on and do 30-38 GR's with a group and you get mad EXP.....
You don't even need to do that to get fast exp rates. With density changes, ancient weapons, and gems you tear through t6 so quickly that you're mostly likely getting at least 1 paragon level each rift. Join in 4 mans and the rate is insane.

People shouldn't compare hours played to paragon level as it doesn't mean much anymore. The old system completely skews how many hours it took to comparatively level up.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
I only got a chance to run 3 or 4 rifts with it. It was pretty interesting once I got the hang of all the skills. For lower GR or regular rifts having steed charge is almost mandatory to keep up with all the monks. Dragging people around with the horse is pretty funny though. Hopefully I can finish it up and feel its true power. Getting strong arms will help a lot probably. Still need to level up some defensive gems so I never die.
I tried a few rifts tonight and while I did find a final witness I dont have all I need. But like you said steed charge is mandatory in rifts, you need the mobility as monks are just so fast. I didnt even think of lvling the defensive gems thats a good point. I was attempting toxin, powerful and gogok.

eek5

I tried a few rifts tonight and while I did find a final witness I dont have all I need. But like you said steed charge is mandatory in rifts, you need the mobility as monks are just so fast. I didnt even think of lvling the defensive gems thats a good point. I was attempting toxin, powerful and gogok.

I think the main problem is if you have a good DPS monk/DH or whatever they can blast T6 solo in a 4 man party so having a buff sader is less important. Steed charge helps a bit to get ahead of the monks and kind of pull stuff together but they'd kill that shit really fast either way. GR35+ is where it really starts to shine because the higher HP makes everyone group up more.

My biggest problems so far have been tight areas with arcane beams and pulling too many things to me and getting trapped since I run iron skin in GR. I can survive most of the time but sometimes I trap myself in a really bad spot and not having an escape hurts a lot.

Being able to revive without getting interrupted is amazing.

I've since switched my amulet to a Julia's. I lost 8% CDR but I still have enough to have 100% uptime on my law and the bonus is arcane beams should no longer be a problem. Having 3-4 spawn right on top of you wrecks you even with 70mil toughness haha.

I'm using the regen gem. I didn't have it at 25 but it helped a lot. I got it to 25 finally so we'll see if it makes a huge difference.

I'm curious about the other defensive gem. I have ~1.3mil hp and the other one gives 70% mitigation against non-phys after you drop under 50% so it seems like I'd be nearly invincible reviving people and such especially if I popped the iron skin before starting revive.

I managed to get the support crusader going, all I'm missing to complete the most important part of the build is Final Witness and Illusory Boots, so I'm going to need some kind people's help to farm Act 2 bounties. After that, I need to start doing grifts for gems.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/PsychoPowaa-1568/hero/57412492

Oh yeah I forgot about krem bracer and illusory boots. Might have to try to get those but I'll have to find a way to get CDR back after I lose my belt to crimson and boots to illusory

kuYuri

Oh yeah I forgot about krem bracer and illusory boots. Might have to try to get those but I'll have to find a way to get CDR back after I lose my belt to crimson and boots to illusory

Krem was kind of a random gift from syntek, didn't even think about using it before that. It's not necessary, just using it in the meantime since I haven't been getting any good bracers.

I think illusory is definitely the way to go for some utility, but it's more personal preference. Crimson pants and boots with vigilante belt for extra CDR is a still a decent combo.

Grampasso

Basically. 500 on my main after 2 years.

Anyway, getting a bit discouraged. Over 120 paragon levels and I have exactly 1 item worth equipping. Can't get more than 1 SWK set piece no matter how many blood shards I spend on Kadala, rifts and GRs I do. I pretty much have to ignore other people's drops at this point because I only get frustrated that I don't have *anything*. One decent item would make me feel better.
What Torment level can you afford to clear in a quick way? That's what makes really the difference, more often than not, between good/frequent loot and crap. I started rocking loot when I managed to hit T3. Then in 2 days I found a bombardier and the 3 missing marauder pieces I needed to get the 6p bonus (and eventually even found the 6th piece, godly Marauder gloves), so I can steamroll T6. It's all about momentum (I know, I didn't believe that when others told me... but it actually happens). And Kadala IS your friend if you know what to focus your shards on. God chest, head and gloves from her. Do not surrender to bad luck!

Taz

OyvTSNZ.jpg

s298zwH.jpg

nfatJgV.jpg

The thing is not everyone has the same luck I've got SWK Gloves and GGear braces and nothing else, last night I gambled 7 Lighting set shoulders and no SWK shoulders, I think I must have had 50-70 Legendarys last night and everything got salvaged, but then there was someone in the same game got SWK Amu/Helm and 2 inns.

neoism

You don't even need to do that to get fast exp rates. With density changes, ancient weapons, and gems you tear through t6 so quickly that you're mostly likely getting at least 1 paragon level each rift. Join in 4 mans and the rate is insane.

People shouldn't compare hours played to paragon level as it doesn't mean much anymore. The old system completely skews how many hours it took to comparatively level up.

Yeah I know but if you do it right with the right group and gear you can get 3-4bil exp per hour... That's why some ppl are pl 600+ already lol

Paragon 31 on my seasonal WD and the Wormwood dropped. Not the best damage roll but pretty good int and got the max poison% roll(25). Now I just need more mats to roll it as I only had 3, didn't get a lucky socket.

The thing is not everyone has the same luck I've got SWK Gloves and GGear braces and nothing else, last night I gambled 7 Lighting set shoulders and no SWK shoulders, I think I must have had 50-70 Legendarys last night and everything got salvaged, but then there was someone in the same game got SWK Amu/Helm and 2 inns.

Sure there is luck involved but its mostly just being efficient. i can clear a T6 rift within 5 to 7 minutes in a group depending on the maps. I really don't think my luck is that much higher then other people.

They should just release T7,T8,T9 and maybe even T10 because T6 really is just a cakewalk once you get your set and a decent enough weapon. Im just a bit sad that hitting the gear wall has taken me 5 times less time this season, then in season 1. Maybe its because most Barb gear is more easily acquired then a DH who had to go for TnT and Witching Hour.

Addnan

It's reliant on having DH that know what they are doing. Was getting packs together, putting up my EP and they were running around placing their turrets god knows where. I need two M6 DH and a witch doctor pls EU.

eek5

Krem was kind of a random gift from syntek, didn't even think about using it before that. It's not necessary, just using it in the meantime since I haven't been getting any good bracers.

I think illusory is definitely the way to go for some utility, but it's more personal preference. Crimson pants and boots with vigilante belt for extra CDR is a still a decent combo.

Yeah ideally I'd want stongarms. I've been OK without illusory so far outside of a couple of situations where I trapped myself but I probably will be able to avoid that once I get more used pulling, maybe.

I just gambled some shields.. no blind shield but I did get one that increases my block by 59% when I use iron skin and one that has a chance to stun for 1.5s after I block. My block is at 40%? so maybe that might be pretty sweet for now.

inter

Paragon level 110 and I almost have my seasons barb maxed.

Can't decide if I want to level a crusader since I have a bunch of str gear or a monk (again) for Gungdo next.

So I finally caved in and got the PC version of now officially double dipping as I have the ps4 version also. Looking forward to playing the PC version and getting use to this version of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom