• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

Kridershot in one day? What madness is this!
It was so funny when it dropped. I was just sitting in my brothers lobby while he speed cleared and I was just getting shards to gamble, but then he says you never know, you got two furnaces from random boxes. Then the next blue chest I open has a kridershot. Serious laughter happened. Just need the panties now and I will be pretty much ready to kill shit.

inter

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong with my barb? It's the first time I've played one at 70, but this is the most trouble I've had with a class at higher torment levels and I'm starting to get discouraged. On T6 my damage seems fine, but I tend to die if the wrong elite pack and/or RG so much as looks in my general direction. Keep upgrading my AR gems? Better strength gems to kill stuff faster?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/inter-1992/hero/57390474

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong with my barb? It's the first time I've played one at 70, but this is the most trouble I've had with a class at higher torment levels and I'm starting to get discouraged. On T6 my damage seems fine, but I tend to die if the wrong elite pack and/or RG so much as looks in my general direction. Keep upgrading my AR gems? Better strength gems to kill stuff faster?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/inter-1992/hero/57390474

Where is your bane of the trapped? In order of gems it goes Pain-Trapped-Toxin/Bane of the Powerful. Further more Blood of Bul Kalthos to replace Superstition.

Frenzy really does not do much for Barb even against the RG, and you just really don't want your barb to stand still against enemies, its not a single target class so it will always have problems with single target mobs like the RG. Best thing just to do is pop Cota and Berserker and run circles around him with sprint rune run like the wind and just bash into him with furious charge occasionally. Also furious charge works best as a numbered skill instead of a mouse binding skill.

For reference this is my Barb
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Majiebeast-1311/hero/54590012

MrDaravon

I'm in a super weird spot with my progress: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrDaravon-1289/hero/57379644

I have a great Leorics but I need a SWK ammy, and the only one I've found was a hilariously garbage ancient one. I haven't found any other Inna pieces other than the Daibo, I'm running the chest there just because it's the best armor I've found stat-wise. Both of my rings pretty much suck, but I also have barely touched GR's so I only have like 3 leg gems so having good ones with sockets is low priority right now. Gameplay feels kinda awkward because I feel like I'm one piece away from everything coming together and being able to comfortably no-generator. Right now I'm running no-gen and it's generally fine, but in spots becomes an issue, and so I keep flip-flopping on some skills and passives, it's annoying -_-. Plan on grinding hard today (assuming we don't lose power), hoping to get a Gift so I can make a pretty bad Torch I found usable, or maybe get 3 Inna pieces or a decent SWK ammy.

EP/WoL only uses main hand? mind blown

Yeah I think all skills only pull from mainhand damage range, IIRC that's why early on WW Barbs would just use a dagger as a stat stick in their offhand etc.

inter

Where is your bane of the trapped? In order of gems it goes Pain-Trapped-Toxin/Bane of the Powerful. Further more Blood of Bul Kalthos to replace Superstition.

Frenzy really does not do much for Barb even against the RG, and you just really don't want your barb to stand still against enemies, its not a single target class so it will always have problems with single target mobs like the RG. Best thing just to do is pop Cota and Berserker and run circles around him with sprint rune run like the wind and just bash into him with furious charge occasionally. Also furious charge works best as a numbered skill instead of a mouse binding skill.

For reference this is my Barb
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Majiebeast-1311/hero/54590012
Whoops, logged out after farming gold, hence the lack of Trapped.

I was mainly using Frenzy since I had the belt, but I'll give it a go without it. I'll switch it out for Sprint and see how that does for me. I see lots using Boon of Bul-Kathos, but I'm afraid losing Superstition is going to make me even squishier than I already feel. Am I just relying on keeping stuff frozen to keep me alive?

I'm curious, what's the difference in using FC as a mouse vs. numbered skill?

Thanks, I appreciate the info.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
EP/WoL only uses main hand? mind blown

edit: holy shit that guy is paragon 610 wtf

You can't tell as easily any more, but back when your attack speed was shown with one stat on the sheet, it would alternate between mainhand and offhand speeds for most attacks. When you used a skill that was mainhand-only, it would always show the mainhand attack speed. Another quick way to check is to put a level 1 item in your offhand and see if the damage alternates with each attack.

The profile's from from Quin69. He wrote some guides and streams often. http://www.twitch.tv/quin69

MrDaravon

Welp, looks like my laptop's GPU is starting to shit out, and I have no way of getting it fixed or a new rig in the near future. RIP Diablo 3 ;_;7

Edit: Well looks like I may have remedied the issue, at least short-term. Seems to be a heat issue, I think I'm good for right now but I need to order some thermal paste I think.

Whoops, logged out after farming gold, hence the lack of Trapped.

I was mainly using Frenzy since I had the belt, but I'll give it a go without it. I'll switch it out for Sprint and see how that does for me. I see lots using Boon of Bul-Kathos, but I'm afraid losing Superstition is going to make me even squishier than I already feel. Am I just relying on keeping stuff frozen to keep me alive?

I'm curious, what's the difference in using FC as a mouse vs. numbered skill?

Thanks, I appreciate the info.

I think its easier to do precise rushes making you miss less targtes inflicing more dmg and getting more cooldown reduction, but that's my opinion, maybe its just my preference.

Any tips for leveling a new seasonal character solo? My friends can't afford to PL me when they are able to play, and I'm just trying to hit 70 as fast as possible to play with them.

Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks!

Akai XIII

On the same boat myself, I applied in game and its waiting to be accepted.

TheSpacePope#2156

[edit] Changed my battletag to better suit my forum name RepoMan#2838
I'll log on in a bit and accept your requests... If no one else has.

Haven't really played for a while. I've filled all 15 character slots and chest with legendaries... No idea what to keep and what to trash.

Started a S2 monk.

Addnan

Days work and my Demon Hunter is geared pretty well. Need the damn rucksack, witching hour and a better amulet. SoJ would be nice too.. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Addnan-2643/hero/55389699

AbzJLs8.png

DrAg0nBoY

God I hate the RoRG. Ran today like 30 bounties and never got one ... Asked a guy to help me out, because I can't really farm in T1, so we have done T4 together (was going really quick) but I just didn't get one and he got 2 ...

Addnan

God I hate the RoRG. Ran today like 30 bounties and never got one ... Asked a guy to help me out, because I can't really farm in T1, so we have done T4 together (was going really quick) but I just didn't get one and he got 2 ...

You playing on EU? Profile says Slovenia so assume you are. Add me, Addnan#2643. Can run you through couple of T6 bounty bags if you like.

DrAg0nBoY

You playing on EU? Profile says Slovenia so assume you are. Add me, Addnan#2643. Can run you through couple of T6 bounty bags if you like.

Yeah I am. Will add you :).

edit: Thank you Addnan, got a ring on the first run :D. Now to start and farm for some other equipment.

Dahbomb

Anyone know what or have any guesses as to what the reworked sets are going to do?

Here are my guesses:

Natalya - Pretty much going to make Rain of Vengeance insane. They plan for you for to combine it with the new RoV gloves. I want them to use this opportunity to buff other skills as well to synergize with RoV like say "Strafe does 400% more damage to enemies affected by RoV".

Inna's Set - SWK pretty much buffs all the spenders that Monk has so I don't see Inna's Set doing anything about TR, LTK, Cyclone, EP and WoL. The skills that can get buffed are Inner Santuary, Breath of Heaven, SSS and Sweeping Wind. Hoping for Inna to some how buff SSS so that we can finally use the Flow of Eternity and Mad Stone.

Immortals - Pretty much going to be a buffed version of what it already is which is allows for the Pet Barbarian playstyle. Would like to see it buff Hammer of the Ancients as well especially that Legendary which procs Ancients. Maybe allow for double the amount of Ancients you can have... you can have 6 of those dudes running around.

Roland's Legacy - I just see the stats being buffed on it to make it on par with the standard Crusader set. I don't expect much here.

Tal Rasha's - Most likely is going to revolve around multi element Meteor spam like it is already. Will buff Meteors in some way.

The Witch Doctor set - Don't really play WD enough to comment but it's probably going to buff Fetish Army in some way. Probably make Pet WD better.

kuYuri

My sader is starting to come together. I have 1863 phys res. I'm going to level up esoteric gem next (75% increased resis to non-phys) when I drop under half health which is a bit north of 600k hp. I also have 65k life per second so I get a pretty sweet shield. I pretty much took no damage in GR36 and 39 in a 3 man party. Was going smooth on 40 too until the party wiped and I got trapped. ... still need those illusory boots ;_;

Still haven't gotten blind shield either. It's supposedly one of the common ones so I should've gotten like 10 of them by now lol. Oh well.

Here's where I'm at so far. Finally got that damn shield, not the best rolls, but at least I can Shield Glare all around me. Just need better rolls on some gear, one more diamond, and level up the legendary gems to 25+ and I'm pretty much set. Mara's Kaleidoscope would also be nice for Voracity fight.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/PsychoPowaa-1568/hero/57412492

eek5

Here's where I'm at so far. Finally got that damn shield, not the best rolls, but at least I can Shield Glare all around me. Just need better rolls on some gear, one more diamond, and level up the legendary gems to 25+ and I'm pretty much set. Mara's Kaleidoscope would also be nice for Voracity fight.

Nice I got the shield too and then we tried a 42 and it was awful. I got trapped like 4 times where I think I could've made a big difference so we did a quick split bounty on A2 and I luckily got illusory boots on the first try. Not bad. I lost a lot of CDR because the shield I got only had 5% and then I had to drop my belt. I barely have 100% uptime on laws now. I think I might try leveling my gogok so I can spam blind faster. The shield blind is NICE! It's pretty sweet not having to point at a position anymore; I just hold down left click now.

Illusory is also mandatory IMO after ~GR37. Being able to position packs and pull more stuff in is really useful. Also you can kind of step around and proc strongarms over and over instead of only proccing it once. We managed to finish a GR42 with 11 seconds to spare after that. Not bad!

I need to get an immune amulet with CDR on it too. Hopefully I can get up over 70% again.

edit: nm opened my bags and got a socketed RoRG so I'm back to 70.41% whew.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
screenshot0398cjng.jpg

Worth keeping and using on a monk or is it just vendor trash? (had horrific damage roll and I've got plenty of gifts).

Using an ancient grandfather at the moment.

Taz

Went from having the worse luck ever and been stuck at T1 at paragon level 16x and within a day getting SWK shoulders and then getting a real bad SWK helm but atleast it gave me the set bonus and then just as I logged off I had a SWK ammy with

15% cold damage
6xx dex
9.5 crit chance
Socket

Rerolled the cold damage to crit dmg and in the same rift I had a lorics crown drop and now T6 is a breeze.

Having played Monk for over 400 hours since release it's nice that they are top tier for once.

RS4-

Feels bad, doing a 41 GR, equipped fist, but forgot to equip the GG.

:(

Don't think we'd have done it in time anyway, last 5 mins ran into 3 affix mobs that were nothing but trouble. Then Rime took another 5 mins lol.

Nymerio

I did a couple GRs today to get my Taeguk to 25, I forgot how tedious the rift guardians are. I hope they're thinking of doing something else with them in the future. It's okay on the lower levels but as you get higher it's ridiculous how much time you have to spend on them and they're mechanically not even interesting.

Zvolen12

Neo Member

Nice I got the shield too and then we tried a 42 and it was awful. I got trapped like 4 times where I think I could've made a big difference so we did a quick split bounty on A2 and I luckily got illusory boots on the first try. Not bad. I lost a lot of CDR because the shield I got only had 5% and then I had to drop my belt. I barely have 100% uptime on laws now. I think I might try leveling my gogok so I can spam blind faster. The shield blind is NICE! It's pretty sweet not having to point at a position anymore; I just hold down left click now.

Illusory is also mandatory IMO after ~GR37. Being able to position packs and pull more stuff in is really useful. Also you can kind of step around and proc strongarms over and over instead of only proccing it once. We managed to finish a GR42 with 11 seconds to spare after that. Not bad!

I need to get an immune amulet with CDR on it too. Hopefully I can get up over 70% again.

edit: nm opened my bags and got a socketed RoRG so I'm back to 70.41% whew.

I havent progressed quite as easily as you two, still cant find borns or crimsons set. I was able to find final witness which helps but I need more cdr to have more uptime on law.

Maybe Ill do Act 1 and 2 bounties to get the rorg and illusory boots.

Gandie

Have not played a lot for several months. Quickest way to farm for the Firebird set? Just do regular rifts on the highest Torment I can manage?

Have not played a lot for several months. Quickest way to farm for the Firebird set? Just do regular rifts on the highest Torment I can manage?

Blood shards is the quickest way. Join public game or group up and kill RG. If they continue, leave. It's a waste of time clearing a rift after the guardian.

Addnan

409 paragon. Played way too much today, but playing DH feels like a completely new game that I am getting hooked to all over again.

DrAg0nBoY

Ok, so that is my gear: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DrAg0nBoY-2687/hero/55351710

The question I have, how can I kill stuff faster and not run out of spirit? I don't know, it seems like I am playing the class wrong or what but I run out of spirit and can't kill mobs fast enough. And I need sooo long for the Rift Guardian and I am playing on T1, because I don't know if I should go and play on higher difficulties ...

If someone has any tips, I would be really happy to see them :).

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Ok, so that is my gear: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DrAg0nBoY-2687/hero/55351710

The question I have, how can I kill stuff faster and not run out of spirit? I don't know, it seems like I am playing the class wrong or what but I run out of spirit and can't kill mobs fast enough. And I need sooo long for the Rift Guardian and I am playing on T1, because I don't know if I should go and play on higher difficulties ...

Get crudest boots for your mystic ally...There's also a passive you missed which gives 15% resource regen with 2H.

And then there's inna set which grants 2 spirit/sec

I recommend sweeping wind as a skill on your bar ... Combine with inna and taeguk and bane of trapped leg gem for big damage (need it leveled to 25 to work right though)

Use wave of light... The damage from the lightning WoL is too good.

Then aim for incense torch daibo and sunwuko set.

Just imo.

I can't see your items in detail (on mobile) so someone else can chime in on anything immediate

squidyj

I think I'm about ready to take a break from my monk and level a DH. Get my gem of ease up to 25 and pop it into the natalyas i found a while back.

Taz

All you need is EP on T1 but your build is slight slightly off

Watch this it'll help alot,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T3B7fj_suKM

DrAg0nBoY

All you need is EP on T1 but your build is slight slightly off

Watch this it'll help alot,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T3B7fj_suKM

Stupid question, but what is EP? :p

Yeah I watched that video and have also run this build, the problem is, I run out of spirit anyway :/. Dunno probably didn't cast Sweeping Wind everytime it was running out or what, dunno. So I started trying this from him (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Quin69-1336/hero/57377407). I know I don't have the gear, just tried to play with the skills a bit.

So if I get this right and I keep Sweeping Wind on all the time I shouldn't run out of spirit even if I spam WoL?

edit: I guess EP means Exploding Palm. If so, call me stupid.

Did a quick T1 Rift with the build from youtube and I goes quick, if I keep Sweeping Wind always up. The problem is still the Rift Guardian though, which takes kinda long to beat. But oh well. Will have to do. Now just a quick question. Would I need the Sunwuko gear to get to a bigger difficulty or could I theoretically farm like T3 rifts with that?

Vamlock

I got a Furnace today for my monk, but I'm at an impasse as which stat to reroll. Do I reroll the Vit or the LoH for a socket until I get a Ramalamadingdong gift, then reroll to +10% damage? Which would be easier to make up on other equipment you think?

klcMq6T.jpg

Addnan

I got a Furnace today for my monk, but I'm at an impasse as which stat to reroll. Do I reroll the Vit or the LoH for a socket until I get a Ramalamadingdong gift, then reroll to +10% damage? Which would be easier to make up on other equipment you think?

klcMq6T.jpg

If that was mine I would get rid of lph for damage. Running the Gizzard will give you a ton of life regen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom