• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocobro

Some of you are progressing much faster than I've been; I'm still missing SWK glove and helm/amulet after playing an hour or two every other day since reaching L70. Soon I won't be able to party with any of you guys without feeling like a leecher :T

Krassus

30-40, actually

Im a monk at 365 Para going at it alone with the xp bonus gear setup and pulling close to 30m an hour so that sounds about right, my friends who have been grouped are closer to 570.

Just in case anyone was wondering too as a monk the IToGT >>> Furnace >>> 4600dps ancients, finally got it yesterday and was able to do a filthy 37 Grift alone with Ghom boss.

eek5

Some of you are progressing much faster than I've been; I'm still missing SWK glove and helm/amulet after playing an hour or two every other day since reaching L70. Soon I won't be able to party with any of you guys without feeling like a leecher :T

At this point it probably doesn't even matter if you join a well geared group that is just running regular t6 rifts. Just cyclone and EP if you have gungdo. EZPZ

Chocobro

At this point it probably doesn't even matter if you join a well geared group that is just running regular t6 rifts. Just cyclone and EP if you have gungdo. EZPZ
That I can do; I hope I can do it efficiently with just my MacBook Pro trackpad lol.
Which EP rune would be preferable? My GG has cold %...so the cold rune?
What do you guys recommend for a Monk to spend blood shards on first once hitting 70? Go for the bracers or pieces of SWK?
Based on the guides and videos I've saw, go for SWK glove -> shoulder -> helm until you get one of them for each slot. Don't worry about the stats because the set bonus makes up for the unoptimized pieces.

Nymerio

I'm honestly not sure because the bracers were pretty much the first item that dropped for me when I dinged 70, but the item I was missing the most from my S1 monk was the torch. I prefer being able to spam bells to the EP bracers. Now if I could just get the damn SWK head for the final set bonus -_-

Edit: What are the recommended slots for SWK pieces? I got the gloves and the amulet and I'm trying to get the head now. I have Aughilds shoulders and head atm.

mercviper

I'm honestly not sure because the bracers were pretty much the first item that dropped for me when I dinged 70, but the item I was missing the most from my S1 monk was the torch. I prefer being able to spam bells to the EP bracers. Now if I could just get the damn SWK head for the final set bonus -_-

Edit: What are the recommended slots for SWK pieces? I got the gloves and the amulet and I'm trying to get the head now. I have Aughilds shoulders and head atm.

I'd say that gloves/amulet are the ones you want the most, followed by shoulders. It will give you a flexible head slot which can be used to maintain innas 4pc if you slot in a cindercoat for fire, or what I do is use tzo krins gaze as it makes many RG fights trivial

I wouldn't go so far as to gamble for an amulet, but since you already have one its not a worry for you

joesmokey

I pretty much hit the loot ceiling already in season 2. Just waiting for The Furnace, ancient versions, and optimal rolls. A little too fast too soon for my tastes.

Debating on rolling a DH for season 2 to help amass large quantities of rift keys.

RS4-

I'm at p150 on my s2 Monk (388 on my NS lol). My cold GG dropped at p3, but I've only got innas chest, swk shoulder and gloves. Got a furnace but I haven't used it in place of my TF and fist of AZ.

I'll swap when I finish swk or something.

Nymerio

I'd say that gloves/amulet are the ones you want the most, followed by shoulders. It will give you a flexible head slot which can be used to maintain innas 4pc if you slot in a cindercoat for fire, or what I do is use tzo krins gaze as it makes many RG fights trivial

I wouldn't go so far as to gamble for an amulet, but since you already have one its not a worry for you

Ok, so I'll try my luck getting the shoulders. Do people even use aughilds this season? I'm trying to come up with a way to keep it but it seems to be either SWK/Inna(3pc)/Gungdo or SWK/Inna(2pc)/Aughilds/Gungdo. I think I can live without the 4 mantras but the almost free sweeping wind seems to be too good to keep taeguk stacks to not use it.

eek5

shoulder gloves and amulet is ideal since helmet slot has a lot of cool procs that can change your build a lot

shoulder gloves and helmet otherwise

I pretty much hit the loot ceiling already in season 2. Just waiting for The Furnace, ancient versions, and optimal rolls. A little too fast too soon for my tastes.

I'm getting there as well-my solution will be to give HC a go. Difficulty and gear progression is slower there, since it's not a quest to build the biggest glass cannon you possibly can.

Addnan

What do you guys recommend for a Monk to spend blood shards on first once hitting 70? Go for the bracers or pieces of SWK?

Bracers are not rare at all and Monk is still very powerful without it. Without SWK monk is nothing. Shoulder, helm and gloves. Don't gamble for amulet, not worth it.

Jas

My monk is pretty well geared but still don't have a SWK amulent and my paragon level is 300 something.
Once I get it I'll mess around with other builds and might start work on a witch doctor for S2.
I have 500 hours on my non-season witch doctor and still no smk :(

J. Bravo

Got some good upgrades today. 4th piece of akkhans, 2 pretty good blackthorns (amulet has 87% chd, 10% cc, str and 17% lit), ancient rorg with native socket, and borns plan. Crafted a decent chest and my 2nd sword was ancient with 999 str and like 975 hit. Rolled 9% dmg then 10%cdr. Also find a blade of prophecy so just waiting on the condemn shield and I'll probably be set. And I'm up to 48% cdr so that's good.

Repo Man

Probably answered a gazillion times but I could not be bothered to do extensive searching because alcohol but is there an EU Gaf clan that has room in it and maybe some life ? I'm currently in a clan of my old WoW mate and no one says shit there. I'm loving me a bit of D3 at the moment but I'd also like some chatter and banter on the side.

Taz

Probably answered a gazillion times but I could not be bothered to do extensive searching because alcohol but is there an EU Gaf clan that has room in it and maybe some life ? I'm currently in a clan of my old WoW mate and no one says shit there. I'm loving me a bit of D3 at the moment but I'd also like some chatter and banter on the side.

Quite a few people on Eu gaf atm not sure who you need to contact though maybe leave your bnet tag here.

Repo Man

Quite a few people on Eu gaf atm not sure who you need to contact though maybe leave your bnet tag here.

Good thinking!

TheSpacePope#2156

alternatively, if anyone knows anyone in the higher ranks of the gaf EU clan, do let me know so I can drop down on my knees and beg!

Addnan

Started a Demon Hunter yesterday and today within the space of an hour it does not stop dropping boots. wtf.

GzQHkOc.jpg

Joe

Halfway through Act 2 and really love it so far.

I'm a Diablo newb so I have a few questions if anyone doesn't mind answering...

1) is Act 1-3 the original game and Acts 4+5 the expansion?

2) what is the multiplayer aspect of the game? Is it pvp, campaign co-op, or something else?

3) is there things to do after beating the story and hitting max level?

Reading this thread makes me think that's there's a ton of meat to this game that I don't even know exists.

Baliis

Halfway through Act 2 and really love it so far.

I'm a Diablo newb so I have a few questions if anyone doesn't mind answering...

1) is Act 1-3 the original game and Acts 4+5 the expansion?

2) what is the multiplayer aspect of the game? Is it pvp, campaign co-op, or something else?

3) is there things to do after beating the story and hitting max level?

Reading this thread makes me think that's there's a ton of meat to this game that I don't even know exists.

1-4 is the original, 5 is the expansion

It's co op with very light
shitty
PvP options.

Really, the game starts at 70 and everything else is a tutorial. After you finish the campaign, you unlock adventure mode which lets you freely warp to different areas of the game. Each act has 5 bounties that give you bonus co for completing them, and completing all 5 in an act will give you a loot bag with a chance at a legendary. Doing bounties also gives you rift keys that can be used to open a Rift, a randomized dungeon where you have to kill enough mobs to spawn a boss which drops a bunch of stuff. Doing normal rifts will give you trial keys, which you use to get greater rift keys. Greater rifts are basically the same as normal rifts, except you are locked in the gear and skill choices you enter rift, and you're given a 15 minute timer. When you kill the boss at the end, you're given a choice to either upgrade a legendary gem, or, if you killed the boss before the timer was up, you can choose to get a higher level rift key. The higher the grift key, the more hp and damage the mobs have. The leaderboards rank the top thousand rift levels/times for each class/2/3/4 player.

Has anyone else been experiencing a lot of lag lately? I'm told it's a problem with Witch Doctors but then I check the official forums and see a lot of people have the same problem.

Strider

Has anyone else been experiencing a lot of lag lately? I'm told it's a problem with Witch Doctors but then I check the official forums and see a lot of people have the same problem.

Since the new season started my ping usually sits around 150 and it occasionally goes even higher. It sucks :/ There's been some mentioning of the lag in the in-game clan chat as well.

Joe

1-4 is the original, 5 is the expansion

It's co op with very light
shitty
PvP options.

Really, the game starts at 70 and everything else is a tutorial. After you finish the campaign, you unlock adventure mode which lets you freely warp to different areas of the game. Each act has 5 bounties that give you bonus co for completing them, and completing all 5 in an act will give you a loot bag with a chance at a legendary. Doing bounties also gives you rift keys that can be used to open a Rift, a randomized dungeon where you have to kill enough mobs to spawn a boss which drops a bunch of stuff. Doing normal rifts will give you trial keys, which you use to get greater rift keys. Greater rifts are basically the same as normal rifts, except you are locked in the gear and skill choices you enter rift, and you're given a 15 minute timer. When you kill the boss at the end, you're given a choice to either upgrade a legendary gem, or, if you killed the boss before the timer was up, you can choose to get a higher level rift key. The higher the grift key, the more hp and damage the mobs have. The leaderboards rank the top thousand rift levels/times for each class/2/3/4 player.
Woah, that sounds awesome. Thanks a lot

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Sweet, I lucked out and got a tiklandian visage in my first set of shards. That one took me a few weeks last time. 7 second horrify (out of 6-8) and some defensive stats, so it's solid enough.

What's a better support class for high level rifts: crusader or witch doctor? I'm working on a crusader and will start a new witch doctor soon. Basically, I want to tank stuff a la zdps.

Jedi2016

Crusader's good for that. I hit a wall with mine a while back where he just couldn't kill fast enough to really do much of anything, but nothing could kill him. Got kinda boring to play, I haven't played him in a while.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Can I PLEASE get a good pair of Gundo's? I've seen two pairs, both of which were bad. I've put so many shards into bracers I can't believe I haven't seen more than one pair from Kadala. I'm also still missing the Templar relic and a second Unity. I really wish you could gamble follower items.

Saya

I'm having trouble cracking GR 30+ with my seasonal Monk. Granted, I haven't found a second Unity yet. But the thing is even with 1300 Res I feel squishy when facing elites and blues. How do you guys do it?

I mostly use Pillar of the Ancients and EP: Shocking Grasp. I played around with the EP: Impending Doom a little bit today because I heard it can outdamage the lightning build.

My profile:
http://tw.battle.net/d3/zh/profile/Saegon-1864/hero/43980369 (Play on Asian servers)

Here's my profile in English:
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/saegon-1864/Korra/43980369
http://www.diablo3ladder.com/index.php?action=action_showchar&hid=815148

eek5

I'm having trouble cracking GR 30+ with my seasonal Monk. Granted, I haven't found a second Unity yet. But the thing is even with 1300 Res I feel squishy when facing elites and blues. How do you guys do it?

I mostly use Pillar of the Ancients and EP: Shocking Grasp. I played around with the EP: Impending Doom a little bit today because I heard it can outdamage the lightning build.

My profile:
http://tw.battle.net/d3/zh/profile/Saegon-1864/hero/43980369 (Play on Asian servers)

Here's my profile in English:
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/saegon-1864/Korra/43980369
http://www.diablo3ladder.com/index.php?action=action_showchar&hid=815148

I got to 34 without a torch or unity.

I basically used serenity instead of EP and used reaper wrappers to refill my spirit. You can try some of the defensive gems too. I found that I could usually kill champion packs with serenity's uptime plus a little bit of tanking. For RG a lot of times I'd just run away until serenity came off CD then dashed back in to attack. Because the RG takes up about half the clear time it wasn't that big of a deal losing EP during the rest of the grift because staying alive and not having to deal w/ long death timers during RG made up for the tihe time I lost and more.

With torch you should have less problems though.. a big issue I ran into is that when fights went on too long I'd be spirit starved and basically have to face tank a lot longer which made serenity even more necessary.

MrDaravon

Finally got my first decent Witching Hour since D3 launch, rolled primary stat and 50% CHD. No secondary resist/Vit/AR so I rolled off the shitty skill damage to Vit. Not ideal, but solid.

Then as though to punish me the game gave me a fucking awful SWK amulet (which I really need, I could swap in a baller Leorics helmet I have if I could get the amulet), and a Torch that is only barely usable if I had a Gift...which I don't. This fucking game!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
What's a better support class for high level rifts: crusader or witch doctor? I'm working on a crusader and will start a new witch doctor soon. Basically, I want to tank stuff a la zdps.

It looks like both are needed, at least with DH as the DPS. I'm curious to see what the groups with monks as DPS will look like for support.

woohoo finally got a torch

feels good man

Aww yeah

Strider

woohoo finally got a torch

Screenshot084.jpg

feels good man

O_O nice.

--

Thinking about starting a DH tomorrow night. Besides finding better pieces of the same gear for Monk I'm pretty much done with that class. My only goal really is GR40 by the end of the season but I have plenty of time for that.

Crusader's good for that. I hit a wall with mine a while back where he just couldn't kill fast enough to really do much of anything, but nothing could kill him. Got kinda boring to play, I haven't played him in a while.

It looks like both are needed, at least with DH as the DPS. I'm curious to see what the groups with monks as DPS will look like for support.

Thanks. I just got some sweet power leveling action from Gromph, so now it's time to figure out my spec and start the gearing process. I'm aiming for a tank spec crusader.

eek5

My sader is starting to come together. I have 1863 phys res. I'm going to level up esoteric gem next (75% increased resis to non-phys) when I drop under half health which is a bit north of 600k hp. I also have 65k life per second so I get a pretty sweet shield. I pretty much took no damage in GR36 and 39 in a 3 man party. Was going smooth on 40 too until the party wiped and I got trapped. ... still need those illusory boots ;_;

Still haven't gotten blind shield either. It's supposedly one of the common ones so I should've gotten like 10 of them by now lol. Oh well.

Not really - just craft the ancient Born's for the mainhand and that's the damage for EP/WoL. The fist can go offhand (stat stick) since that weapon damage isn't used.
EP/WoL only uses main hand? mind blown

edit: holy shit that guy is paragon 610 wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom