• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuYuri

Playing a support class instead of making yet another DPS based class was a good choice and a nice change of pace for me. I'm glad for making that decision early on in the season.

Focusing on staying alive, reviving players, and providing buffs and crowd control is a different experience versus spamming one or two skills over and over again. Not that I'm not spamming skills over and over either, but you get the point!

I actually got to use Moratorium gem in a build for once! The other new defensive gems also fit perfectly with the build.

With that said, I'll try to make another offense based build once I get Akkhan set finished.

XShagrath

My next task is to max out all the gems for my sockets. Today I was able to complete my Inna's 4-set, so I have that and SWK done. Also have Gungo, and just need Crudest Boots and a Torch to really rock things out.

I'm still only complete solid on T3, but I feel after I put max gems in all my sockets, I'll be more than capable to solo T6.

hey guys, what's a good build if you have everything you need *except* a torch? one that doesn't rely heavily on CDR ideally.

I have the innas set, a basic SWK set (gifts from others, I still haven't gotten a single SWK drop), rorg, soj, GG, and a couple of 4200dps 2H weps. I also have a pair of unspectacular 2800dps 1H'ers that feel like I'm not doing shit. I've seen some ridiculous crits come out of the lightning pillars but only really feel comfortable with that when i have a generator. I've had success without a generator but it's hard to be so choosy with pillar placements at times. idk. any thoughts would be appreciated.

kuYuri

Decided to give Roland's set a try. Only because I have only two pieces of Akkhan at the moment, but It's a nice change of pace, as I already have a non-season Akkhan build.

Missing a few key items, but I'm already at a million DPS, so can't complain too much.

kuYuri

Any suggestions on my sader?
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/balddemon-1627/TerryCrews/57697197
gambling for vigilante belt. hoping for furnace, strongarm bracers, and kulle aid. Otherwise just toughness upgrades afaik. I'm super squishy.

Get Physical % on your ammy and bracer. It will increase the damage on Phalanx. Craft Reaper's Wraps with phys% and CHC on it until you get Strongarms. Save Nemesis Bracer's for when you actually come up to a shrine. Ideally, ruby's should be socketed over diamonds and such.

Otherwise, you are fine. I'm surprised you are dying, I've more or less got the same build as you on my non-season sader and I don't worry about dying much. Here's mine for comparison: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/PsychoPowaa-1568/hero/50737819

eek5

Rub it in Eek, rub it in :)

I wonder if it would be worth it to lose ranged bells/22% WoL damage in exchange for either near death experience or determination (4-20% dmg increase). Not sure where that damage multiplier happens so it might end up being a wash anyway.

I'm thinking maybe running the amulet with NDE since I don't have double unity; might help me go up 1 or 2 GRs.

Guardian's Path is another interesting one; 15% extra spirit regen might help sustain enough to drop air ally for a mantra or serenity.

hey guys, what's a good build if you have everything you need *except* a torch? one that doesn't rely heavily on CDR ideally.

I have the innas set, a basic SWK set (gifts from others, I still haven't gotten a single SWK drop), rorg, soj, GG, and a couple of 4200dps 2H weps. I also have a pair of unspectacular 2800dps 1H'ers that feel like I'm not doing shit. I've seen some ridiculous crits come out of the lightning pillars but only really feel comfortable with that when i have a generator. I've had success without a generator but it's hard to be so choosy with pillar placements at times. idk. any thoughts would be appreciated.

Reaper's wraps w/ ancient 2H weapon (preferably one with the highest dmg range possible like a 1.0 aps mace). No generator; run EP on right click bell on left. EP pack and drop 1 bell should 1 shot trash mobs. Use repears to sustain spirit; ally and epiph the rest of the time.

Robin64

So is S2 going to be shorter? Or will Blizz keep 2.2 on the PTR for a long time?

Then again, I am just assuming that S2 would end when 2.2 hits Live, maybe it won't?

joesmokey

You should carry me to GR48 first :(
Not sure even a godly hellfire amulet would help with that ;).
So is S2 going to be shorter? Or will Blizz keep 2.2 on the PTR for a long time?

Then again, I am just assuming that S2 would end when 2.2 hits Live, maybe it won't?
During the Tavern Talk they mentioned they would not patch mid-season again and that season 2 would be shorter than season 1.

This is Blizzard we're talking about though, so nobody can really guess.

eek5

Not sure even a godly hellfire amulet would help with that ;).

During the Tavern Talk they mentioned they would not patch mid-season again and that season 2 would be shorter than season 1.

This is Blizzard we're talking about though, so nobody can really guess.

I meant with my sader. I should be able to tank pretty high if we can find some DPS. I have like 45mil toughness without AC, 95mil with it. Something like 1.4mil hp

ksan

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/30827-quin69-gr50-furnace-setup
is decent
However, just switch to a torch build right away when you get one, even a shit torch is better than anything else in my experience (ancient furnace being a possible exception?)

Celegus

Decided to give Roland's set a try. Only because I have only two pieces of Akkhan at the moment, but It's a nice change of pace, as I already have a non-season Akkhan build.

Missing a few key items, but I'm already at a million DPS, so can't complain too much.

Roland's is pretty dang fun with the Phalanx shield and Eternal Union using Bowmen - get the attack speed bonus from the Roland set, pop Bowmen, and watch them tear it up. Still doesn't compare to Akkhan, but it's more than good enough for T6.

kuYuri

Roland's is pretty dang fun with the Phalanx shield and Eternal Union using Bowmen - get the attack speed bonus from the Roland set, pop Bowmen, and watch them tear it up. Still doesn't compare to Akkhan, but it's more than good enough for T6.

Nice, I got Eternal Union, I'll give that a try!

TSM

PSA:

I was playing hardcore when D3 made Win 8.1 go crazy. I rebooted my computer and luckily my hc character survived. I wasn't sure what happened, but I figured it out later. My daughter had messaged me through steam and it somehow took the D3 client out in the middle of a rift.

MrDaravon

The Monk Mystic Ally stuff seems nuts, I'm guessing that's probably the new Innas set bonuses. Hopefully an equal viable alternative to the current popular setup (which I don't mind, but options are good and solely lacking in this game). Although I guess you could actually run both sets (I'm assuming the Innas will be a 6-piece bonus) by dropping the Torch and Leorics Helm for Inna pieces? Would also let you keep Crudest Boots as well, crazy.

Celegus

Wow, that's a lot more new items than I was expecting. A lot of them sound super cool! Sounds like IK set might turn into perma-Wrath? Would be pretty sweet since I almost have a full ancient IK set.

Barbs are looking good for next patch.

WD is looking as shitty as ever. 3 mini gargs for a PET CLASS set, meanwhile DH has a summon all pets that all AOE and come with passive benefits from all of them, and they die and come back shortly. WTF are they thinking.

Also if that is multishot set bonuses, they seem terrible, nothing will top M6.

Jedi2016

Data mining for 2.2 is up:
http://www.diablofans.com/news/48343-ptr-patch-2-2-datamined

Good stuff all around, but I see some crazy potential for barbs here.
"Increase the duration of your Wrath of the Berserker by [VALUE] seconds every time an Ancient deals damage." = WHAAAAT. I have full Immortal Kings, my Ancients don't go away. Like... ever. I can have Wrath up practically indefinitely with this. My Immortal Raekor's Furious Whirlwind Barb is going to have a field day with this.

kuYuri

Eh, Roland's set buff on Shield Bash is not really all that great to me.

It would be better if they could somehow buff Shield Bash so that it has a wider area of effect.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
So I'm playing for the first time since launch, and I'm currently at paragon level 128 and I have yet to have a socketing gift drop. They're not supposed to be that rare are they? My 4.2k dps weapon could really use a socket.

Ayumi

So I'm playing for the first time since launch, and I'm currently at paragon level 128 and I have yet to have a socketing gift drop. They're not supposed to be that rare are they? My 4.2k dps weapon could really use a socket.

It depends on what difficulty you play at. They're not insanely rare, but I can imagine they might be if you play on a lower difficulty. T6 should have an okay drop, they increased it too, so you should be quickly left with too many. They're tradeable now within the party, so if you join one, you can mention that you're hunting for one. Most already have one they use so they usually just stash them without asking the group.

Jedi2016

I got one yesterday in T3 (finally). Don't even have anything to use it on at the moment, but it's staying in my stash until I do. There's an Ancient Furnace somewhere begging for that Gift.. hehe.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/30827-quin69-gr50-furnace-setup
is decent
However, just switch to a torch build right away when you get one, even a shit torch is better than anything else in my experience (ancient furnace being a possible exception?)

roger that

edit: can't really run that one too well either. No Shines, no Cindercoat.

Also, this game, man. 251 Paragon levels and I've still only had one actual SWK item drop. I've had 3 Gifts drop, but I can't get an SWK anything. 2 of my 3 SWK pieces were gifted to me by strangers who didn't need them while rifting. I hope the Shines I get will at least be halfway decent.

Dahbomb

Are these the new Tal Rasha set changes?

P2_ItemPassive_Unique_028 - Attacks increase your damage by [VALUE]% for 3 seconds. Arcane, Cold, Fire, and Lightning attacks each add one stack. Adding a stack refreshes the duration.

P2_ItemPassive_Unique_037 - Increase the damage of Meteor by 100%. When your Meteor hits 3 or less enemies, the damage is increased by [VALUE]%.

And is this the new Inna's?

P2_ItemPassive_Unique_029 - Mystic Ally casts Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Seven-Sided Strike, and Wave of Light when you do.

P2_ItemPassive_Unique_049 - Increase the passive effect of your Mystic Ally and the base passive effect of your Mantra by [{VALUE1}*100]%.

If so this would actually make 6 piece Inna's plus 4 piece SWK ridiculously over powered. 3 piece = Shoulder, Gloves, Amulet. 5 Piece = Chest, Helmet, Belt, Pants, Weapon w/ Ring of God.

Time to save up those Inna Daibos folks.

ItemPassive_Unique_916_x1 - Chance on kill to raise a skeleton to fight for you. Upon accumulating 5 skeletons, they explode for 300% weapon damage and the sword transforms into Ashbringer for a short time. Attacking with Ashbringer burns your target for [VALUE]% weapon damage as Holy.

AAYY YOO IT'S FUCKING TIRION!!!!

Tirion_Fordring%28391%29_Gold.png

Dahbomb

Oh god they're ruining Tal Rasha :( Goddamit I loved doing meteor builds.

How are they ruining Tal Rasha's? They are making it have a 6 piece and all those stuff is ON TOP of what it already has. It's still going to be a multi element, Meteor smashing wonder of a set only now it's probably going to be on a similar power level to the Firebirds set (maybe).

Also there's a new Cold Legendary Gem that basically gives you additional critical chance against chilled/frozen enemies.

There don't appear to be any Natalya set changes on there.

Dahbomb

Double post but there are new "Cursed Realms" in 2.2. Seem like something brand new that wasn't mentioned before.

Edit: Just read it, seems like a gimmicky side mission type thing as your gear doesn't function in it. Lame, almost got excited for a second.

kuYuri

I think the changes to Raiment set is also in 2.2?

P2_ItemPassive_Unique_033 - Increases the weapon damage of Dashing Strike to [VALUE]%.
P2_ItemPassive_Unique_021 - Dashing Strike spends [VALUE] Spirit, but refunds a Charge when it does.

They may have changed it from it's initial reveal.

Dahbomb

Yeah the Raiment set changes are in there but it's hard to really gauge how much better they are without values.

My guess is that this is the new Jaw Breaker rework:

P2_ItemPassive_Unique_021 - Dashing Strike spends [VALUE] Spirit, but refunds a Charge when it does.

Or it could be one of the Raiment set changes.

Double post but there are new "Cursed Realms" in 2.2. Seem like something brand new that wasn't mentioned before.

Edit: Just read it, seems like a gimmicky side mission type thing as your gear doesn't function in it. Lame, almost got excited for a second.

It certainly looks like a huge waste of time and bad idea overall, all you can do is click move lol.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Yeah, so far Cursed Realms sound like a little running minigame. It mentions receiving reagents - not sure if that's referring to crafting materials or something new. Curious to see what it turns out to be.

Are these the new Tal Rasha set changes?

And is this the new Inna's?

If so this would actually make 6 piece Inna's plus 4 piece SWK ridiculously over powered. 3 piece = Shoulder, Gloves, Amulet. 5 Piece = Chest, Helmet, Belt, Pants, Weapon w/ Ring of God.

Time to save up those Inna Daibos folks.

AAYY YOO IT'S FUCKING TIRION!!!!

Tirion_Fordring%28391%29_Gold.png
glad I've held onto my 3500 innas diabo. I'm already ready.

Dahbomb

glad I've held onto my 3500 innas diabo. I'm already ready.
It's not an Ancient Inna's Daibo though...

Anyone think SSS might actually be viable now? With Flow of Eternity + Crudest Boots + New item that doubles SSS + 6 piece Inna's set we are talking about 6 SSS on screen.

It's really weird that SSS isn't buffed by SWK set. They fucked up on that end.

Also SWK is getting a Chest and Pants

Unique_Chest_Set_11_x1: Though he was said to be 'awakened to emptiness', Sunwuko could never relinquish his violent ways. In truth, he reveled in them.
Unique_Pants_Set_11_x1: One of the many legends told of Sunwuko maintains that he scaled Shengmu Feng, the tallest mountain in the Guozhi mountain range, planted a flag, and declared himself 'The Great Sage Equal to Heaven'.

So some of those bonuses might actually be exclusive to SWK.

Artanisix

Barbs are looking good for next patch.

WD is looking as shitty as ever. 3 mini gargs for a PET CLASS set, meanwhile DH has a summon all pets that all AOE and come with passive benefits from all of them, and they die and come back shortly. WTF are they thinking.

Also if that is multishot set bonuses, they seem terrible, nothing will top M6.

You haven't even seen the gargs yet and you're already whining? It explicitly says they're more powerful than the original garg, it's just a matter of how much more powerful. Along with the new pet items and gem, sounds like pet WD is going to go even higher than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom