• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

Thanks, that's exactly what I was considering.

As far as I understand it LPH is split by however many mobs you hit, so it isn't like you're getting that amount of HP back for each mob hit. It seems pretty useless Monks.

I'm still stuck on 2pc for Sunwuko. I can't get a helm from Kadala and I've yet to see one drop (or the amulet for that matter). Meanwhile there was some PL100 monk in a game earlier with all 4 pieces and a Furnace. RNGesus is just mean.

Taz

Stupid question, but what is EP? :p

Yeah I watched that video and have also run this build, the problem is, I run out of spirit anyway :/. Dunno probably didn't cast Sweeping Wind everytime it was running out or what, dunno. So I started trying this from him (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Quin69-1336/hero/57377407). I know I don't have the gear, just tried to play with the skills a bit.

So if I get this right and I keep Sweeping Wind on all the time I shouldn't run out of spirit even if I spam WoL?

edit: I guess EP means Exploding Palm. If so, call me stupid.

Did a quick T1 Rift with the build from youtube and I goes quick, if I keep Sweeping Wind always up. The problem is still the Rift Guardian though, which takes kinda long to beat. But oh well. Will have to do. Now just a quick question. Would I need the Sunwuko gear to get to a bigger difficulty or could I theoretically farm like T3 rifts with that?

The way I did it and I guess most people do is join public T6 Rift games and leech, I used skills that helped the group and people don't seem to mind or you can ask in the clan if your in it for a spot in a T6 group and do it that way.

Addnan

The way I did it and I guess most people do is join public T6 Rift games and leech, I used skills that helped the group and people don't seem to mind or you can ask in the clan if your in it for a spot in a T6 group and do it that way.

and that is why I stopped going into public T6.

Taz

and that is why I stopped going into public T6.

The thing is with a Monk and EP and cyclone strike you still add something to the group it's just when you lose the group you can't do much, so has long as you keep up with the group your not really leeching as such. There were a few times I got new invites to other groups from playing with someone in a public game so I couldn't have been that bad.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Never really played a Wizard for more than a few hours, anyone care to tell me if my build is garbage for a starter fire build?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ram-1596/hero/58230372

Threw it together in like 5 minutes after a power level last night, it seems ok for rift clearing.

Build is fine considering you don't have full firebird. Once you get the full set then change your stuff to fire damage and use blizzard with apocalypse rune and mammoth hydra.

I opted to get the tal rasha bonus as well, but you can go for an alternate set if you can find one, but there aren't enough slots to have the Vyrs and firebird sets I think.

Ramirez

Build is fine considering you don't have full firebird. Once you get the full set then change your stuff to fire damage and use blizzard with apocalypse rune and mammoth hydra.

I opted to get the tal rasha bonus as well, but you can go for an alternate set if you can find one, but there aren't enough slots to have the Vyrs and firebird sets I think.

Ok, the Vyrs was just something Kadala gave me last night, I'm more interested in the FB.

eek5

I havent progressed quite as easily as you two, still cant find borns or crimsons set. I was able to find final witness which helps but I need more cdr to have more uptime on law.

Maybe Ill do Act 1 and 2 bounties to get the rorg and illusory boots.

The other option I guess people are doing is drop ashearas for cain (for the XP) and use swiftmount for weapon (if you can get it to drop) and don't have to run illusory. Getting illusory is probably easier to farm than getting swiftmount though.

I found a random group with two DH that were blowing through GR but I had to leave after one match. Hopefully some of them add me; seems like we could push 44's easily.

I want to farm a hellfire for the 45% exp bonus.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
This dropped for someone in my group during a rift.

9EsaADP.jpg

Mayyhem

Is there a GAF clan for hardcore/S2?

If there is I'd love to join (well I'd love to join a GAF clan in general xP). Currently playing alone on my hardcore S2 monk. If anybody would like to ever play with me I'll drop my Bnet tag: Mayyhem#1529

Nitsuj23

Hey all, I'm sure you get enough of these posts so I'll try to be quick haha. I'm playing a DH for S2 and don't know much about them or the meta in general. I just got this Ancient Arcane Barb:

1gLnKrB.jpg

I know I should reroll either the Vit or AoE chance in to RCR, not sure which one though. I'm a fresh-ish 70 so no particular build in mind. Just going for whatever will get me doing T6 the quickest (aka whatever drops that's good). I've been lucky and got three pieces of the Marauder's set so far. Here's my profile.

Thanks in advance for your help!

(I did have the item that adds a socket to a weapon, used that after taking the screenshot)

eek5

Yesssss! Got the avarice conquest. Fuckin planned out my route then killed everything. Had 49mil with no enemies left luckily I dashed into a pile of gold that I didn't pick up earlier right before the streak ended. Whew.

DrAg0nBoY

Thanks for the info.
Now only one more question. I have no idea how to join public games. I mean I don't even know how communities work in D3 (joined 4 yesterday and don't know how to join games or ask if someone wants to help me).

And again thanks for all the help and info.

Radec

Need help on what to improve/upgrade on my Monk:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/theEnemy-1243/hero/57538108

I just got my 3pc SWK set last night and tried it a few minutes in T6. Mobs blew up in secs but without white mobs to explode, elite packs took a bit longer. I'm always starving on spirit :/

Still finding my luck on Crown, SWK Ammy, Incense, and a 2nd Unity for my Templar.

What skill setup should I use with my gear so far?

I love using this with 3 DH on T6 as a support though. My toughness gets up to 20m+.

I'm seeing Born's set on Quin69 and Mods but they already have that leg monk weapon to back it up. :/

Taz

Thanks for the info.
Now only one more question. I have no idea how to join public games. I mean I don't even know how communities work in D3 (joined 4 yesterday and don't know how to join games or ask if someone wants to help me).

And again thanks for all the help and info.

It's on change settings where you choose the act, adventure or campaign etc, it's on the bottom right where it says private just change it to public and then choose T6 select rifts and then click start game and you'll enter match making.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

kuYuri

Hey all, I'm sure you get enough of these posts so I'll try to be quick haha. I'm playing a DH for S2 and don't know much about them or the meta in general. I just got this Ancient Arcane Barb:

1gLnKrB.jpg

I know I should reroll either the Vit or AoE chance in to RCR, not sure which one though. I'm a fresh-ish 70 so no particular build in mind. Just going for whatever will get me doing T6 the quickest (aka whatever drops that's good). I've been lucky and got three pieces of the Marauder's set so far. Here's my profile.

Thanks in advance for your help!

(I did have the item that adds a socket to a weapon, used that after taking the screenshot)

I would have rerolled area dmg personally, but ah well.

Krassus

You can join the Seasons PL community, you look for Cursed Chest in the old ruins in A1 on T6 and ask for clearer once you find it.

Takes about 45m to get a toon to max because of making new games mostly looking for the bounty.

DrAg0nBoY

It's on change settings where you choose the act, adventure or campaign etc, it's on the bottom right where it says private just change it to public and then choose T6 select rifts and then click start game and you'll enter match making.

Thanks for that. Played some games that way. Don't die as quick as I thought I will, but don't know if I am helping the party or not, heh.

Got some legendaries and a sunwuko's crown. Although I am still don't feeling comfortable playing alone in T6 with my gear, heh.

Will probably play some more games that way, to get, hopefully, even more better gear.

joesmokey

Going to start on my DH tonight for the first time ever. I already have a universal Unity and SoJ that I can use.

If my goal is for high-end grift clearing (40+) and high trial key farming, are there specific builds that I should be shooting for? What element is best in 2.1.2 now? I don't care about T6 farming on the DH.

Addnan

420 hype.
I am that childish
SpvcJwO.jpg

Unity's dropping like nothing now, up to 3. One has a secondary resist too, thank fuck. Can use that to push my Monk. Need a better Torch though, current one is a bit shite.

Xeroblade

my demon hunter sucks compared to eveyones lol http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ashley278-1524/hero/55899906

barely finding anything worth using ): cant touch torment yet really

advice ?

On your bow, switch the gem to your highest emerald. Critical hit chance will boost your dps more than straight damage. Also on your crown remove that gem and replace it with an amethyst. This will make you survive a little bit longer than you are now. With that you should be able to tackle T1.

J. Bravo

Sorry whoever I was helping with malthael, internet got disconnected and won't be back up for a minute. Man we had it that time too smh.

edit: finally found leorics crown. 96%!!! swaggggggggggggg

Robin64

Thanks to BarelyOK for inviting my level 20ish toon to his T3 rift runs, I got to 60 within a really short amount of time. The hairiest part is going into those rifts at low level and trying to avoid being hit. Some mobs seem to just sense you entered and track you down, it's weird. And of course, a slight tap is doom.

Grampasso

How do you flag your favourite items with the stars in the upperleft corner? I see lot of you with that stars on the items but I never understood how to put it on mine :D

Ayumi

How do you flag your favourite items with the stars in the upperleft corner? I see lot of you with that stars on the items but I never understood how to put it on mine :D

They're not favorites, they have stars because they're Legendaries. So all Legendaries will have it. You can turn it on in your GamePlay settings, IIRC.

--

So I haven't played for 2 months or so. How fucked are Wizards now a days? Mine is greatly geared, although I have no idea if it'll suffice for this patch and its changes.

Grampasso

They're not favorites, they have stars because they're Legendaries. So all Legendaries will have it. You can turn it on in your GamePlay settings, IIRC.

--

So I haven't played for 2 months or so. How fucked are Wizards now a days? Mine is greatly geared, although I have no idea if it'll suffice for this patch and its changes.
Oh lol, they thought the orange/green background was not enough? XD

Celegus

--

Hey Ayumi, been a while! Haven't played mine in a long time, but I think wizards are pretty much exactly the same as 2 months ago. Monk has gotten a lot of love, as well as changes to DH and Barb sets, but Wizard is still basically Firebird.

Ayumi

Hey Ayumi, been a while! Haven't played mine in a long time, but I think wizards are pretty much exactly the same as 2 months ago. Monk has gotten a lot of love, as well as changes to DH and Barb sets, but Wizard is still basically Firebird.
It sure has. I hope you've been doing well.

Sounds good. I chose a Monk now so things should be better than Wizard at least. I'm doing seasonal anyway so might as well try something new.

Can someone tell me the best powerleveling options now a days? Just leeching from T6 rifts like before?

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
It sure has. I hope you've been doing well.

Sounds good. I chose a Monk now so things should be better than Wizard at least. I'm doing seasonal anyway so might as well try something new.

Can someone tell me the best powerleveling options now a days? Just leeching from T6 rifts like before?

Pretty much, at least for the first char.

Once you got a geared main character at 70 you'll also want to level the legendary "Gem of Ease" acquired from Greater Rifts. You can put it in the socket of any weapon and it grants a static amount of XP per monster kill(which is upgraded per rank), but at lower levels it is pretty insane. Oh, and the rank 25 bonus also reduces the level requirement of the weapon to 1. My friend used a 4k dps ancient weapon to level to 50 in T6 in about 2-3 minutes. Afterwards, I did two full clears of T6 rifts and he dinged 70.

You should search for a community in-game as I think there are plenty of people helping out with powerleveling. Although, I'm playing HC, so it's not really optional to have alts/backups.

Nymerio

Ok, done that... Now what?

Which element, currently lightning due to my bracers.

You'll want 2 unity rings if you're going to run greater rifts. The gungdo bracers are nice if you play with exploding palm. Sockets in your rings and amulet with legendary gems. Fully upgraded gems. There's a couple of options for the head slot, leoric's crown is pretty nice because if boosts the bonus from the socketed gem. Inna's set bonuses are also pretty good.

Radec

Once you got a geared main character at 70 you'll also want to level the legendary "Gem of Ease" acquired from Greater Rifts. You can put it in the socket of any weapon and it grants a static amount of XP per monster kill(which is upgraded per rank), but at lower levels it is pretty insane. Oh, and the rank 25 bonus also reduces the level requirement of the weapon to 1. My friend used a 4k dps ancient weapon to level to 50 in T6 in about 2-3 minutes. Afterwards, I did two full clears of T6 rifts and he dinged 70.

You should search for a community in-game as I think there are plenty of people helping out with powerleveling. Although, I'm playing HC, so it's not really optional to have alts/backups.

Cursed Chest or Shrines are the best use of Gem of Ease. Mobs respawn on the same level as you. It also glitch free. I read there are some stuck at level 20 or something after killing a single mob. The game probably can't handle the exp.

Akai XIII

You'll want 2 unity rings if you're going to run greater rifts. The gungdo bracers are nice if you play with exploding palm. Sockets in your rings and amulet with legendary gems. Fully upgraded gems. There's a couple of options for the head slot, leoric's crown is pretty nice because if boosts the bonus from the socketed gem. Inna's set bonuses are also pretty good.
Yeah, just need the pants for the four set of innas. After I get that I'll go for gungdo.

Got the reduced damage gem at the moment. I've got a fire SoJ too.

Ayumi

Thanks for the reply! I'm already 515 paragon on non-season so I'm not new.. Already joined communities now. Just wanted feedback on the class, really. Already have 4 70s, but I never maxed a Monk so honestly I don't know much about it. .:v

Do you main Monk or know your way around it since the last patch? I might have a billion questions.. I use various websites for info/builds etc so I will of course search before searching, but sometimes I prefer to ask certain things in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom