• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

so to get a Royal Ring of Grandeur you just run act 1 bounty over an over for cache's ?

does difficulty matter ?

Yes and T6 has a 100% legendary drop rate so you have a 1/4 chance getting it in T6, whereas legendary drop is not guaranteed from caches in other difficulties and then it is a 1/4 chance.

so to get a Royal Ring of Grandeur you just run act 1 bounty over an over for cache's ?

does difficulty matter ?

You want T2 at least, T1 is like 10%(?) chance for legendary but T2 is 50% chance, which well, obviously is quite a bit better. T6 is 100% but you need fairly decent gear already to run that at a decent pace. You can try joining a split farm pub on T6 and get carried, though people won't be too happy about it I guess.

kuYuri

Hey guys, I am just coming back from not playing for a good long while. I rolled a barb and am wondering what the popular spec is for one?

I saw too many friends playing and had to switch over from WoW, but I forgot how fun D3 got after RoS!

Thanks in advance.

Raekor build is pretty much the highest end build to aim for if doing high end greater rifts.

Here's my barb as an example: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nostalgia-1115/hero/51794023

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
thanks for the replies, im handling t1 really well right now with some nice speed. ill keep farming for now and come back to it later :D

kuYuri

thanks for the replies, im handling t1 really well right now with some nice speed. ill keep farming for now and come back to it later :D

If you need any help getting a rorg, I'm sure you can ask us, I just finished a session of farming for rift fragments on T6. Add me on battle.net if you want.

Nostalgia#1115

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
If you need any help getting a rorg, I'm sure you can ask us, I just finished a session of farming for rift fragments on T6. Add me on battle.net if you want.

Nostalgia#1115

dropped an add, im in EU thought is that a problem

What, they removed health potions as drops, how will I afford all my enchants now without selling all those health potions that autolooted even though I had a bottomless pot already?

Seriously though, that's a really nice change, it was one of the most pointless thing in the game and a relic considering the game mechanics anyway.

RS4-

When crafting gems and items the entire quantity will now be crafted at once
Regular Health Potions have been removed from the game

Where's the white/yellow/blue crafting materials are auto picked up?

Celegus

I might actually have to hop into the PTR for once to try some of this stuff out. I'm really impressed at the amount of awesome stuff in this patch, did not think it would be anything like this. So many more useful sets and things to play around with!

Addnan

I destroyed my raiment dammit, wanted to test the 25% attack speed bump when combined with a flying dragon. Ah well drop rate in PTR is ridiculous so should have soon enough. Will just try tomorrow, servers are going to be smashed for a while.

Dahbomb

I destroyed my raiment dammit, wanted to test the 25% attack speed bump when combined with a flying dragon. Ah well drop rate in PTR is ridiculous so should have soon enough. Will just try tomorrow, servers are going to be smashed for a while.
I have a full Raiment set along with a Focus/Restraint combo problem is that I am too scared to test on PTR because I may get a godlike item then I will get sad.

I kinda want to see the AOE on the Raiment set because even though it's good for single target it looks kinda ass for mobs unless you have EP on the skill bar... which would mean you can't use the new Bracer as you would be using Gungdo God.

joesmokey

Gotta love playing on PTR...
onnG5Dy.png

neoism

Ive never played ptr because I hate not getting to keep anything but watching datmodz right now lol man I'm about to play it for the first time... 2k% gear drop is insane :O

neoism

I can't even get in now cause the servers are always damn busy and the time to get in is completely inaccurate.

its insanely laggy right now anyway.. modz is getting 12 fps lolol Im for sure thinking its that new file system change... this game should be at least 60 rock solid... smh blizzard

Baliis

Looking at some of the new stuff, they should really change all the 6 piece bonuses to like, 5 or something. Being stuck with only one off piece now is going to suck. Lots of ideas in my head, but you're still stuck with RoRG and a mandatory off piece for a lot of builds.

Dahbomb

Looking at some of the new stuff, they should really change all the 6 piece bonuses to like, 5 or something. Being stuck with only one off piece now is going to suck. Lots of ideas in my head, but you're still stuck with RoRG and a mandatory off piece for a lot of builds.
Not only that but in some cases you kinda want the new Rings as well. Like if your build uses the Focus/Restraint rings that means that you need the full 6 piece for the full bonus.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
The fixed cooldown reduction affix is on a legendary 1H sword, In-Geom. 4-6 seconds.
QUCakaL.jpg

That'll help monks out tremendously.
(source)
It drops the requirement from 80% to about 60%, which is way easier to achieve. No more need for Born's/Crimson's or CDR on rings.
---

By the way, the NeoGAF clan still exists on the PTR. Looks like it's persisting between PTR sessions now.

ffffuuuck just got home to try this. 15 min queue, probably 30 min total.

Noticed they didn't add pieces to the old sets.

rXEnMyv.jpg

You're better off running 0 zunis as a pet doctor with Mask of Jeram + T&T + Uhkpaien serpent + Little Mans Finger + Tall Mans Finger.

ZiUctYH.jpg

Dahbomb

UO9GeRr.jpg

Lookjs like the 2-3pc bonus remains
I expect 2 Nat's Pieces will be combined with 5 Multishot set so that you can stack as much Discipline as possible. That +20 Max Disc from the Nat 3 pc bonus basically translates to 200% increased damage from Multishot.

Also right now the 3 new Sets aren't implemented into the PTR yet.

Was working on leveling up my Seasonal Hardcore Witch Doctor in Adventure Mode, when he was killed in The Keep Depths at LV 49. May he RIP in peace.

Jedi2016

All new Set piece changes are now documented:

Wrath of the Wastes 2 pieces: [Rend deals 400% increased damage.]
Wrath of the Wastes 4 pieces: [Rend lasts 400% longer.]
Wrath of the Wastes 6 pieces: [Whirlwind deals 400% increased damage to enemies affected by your Rend.]

Immortal King's Call 2 pieces: [Call of the Ancients last until they die.]
Immortal King's Call 4 pieces: [Call of the Ancients' melee attacks also deal 600% weapon damage in a 15 yard radius.]
Immortal King's Call 6 pieces: [Increase the duration of your Wrath of the Berserker by [0.5|1|] |4second:seconds; every time an Ancient deals damage.]
Six pieces? Shit, I won't be able to run both.. lol. (I'm running both Raekor and IK at full bonuses right now, w/RORG).

eek5

The fixed cooldown reduction affix is on a legendary 1H sword, In-Geom. 4-6 seconds.
QUCakaL.jpg

That'll help monks out tremendously.
(source)
It drops the requirement from 80% to about 60%, which is way easier to achieve. No more need for Born's/Crimson's or CDR on rings.
---

By the way, the NeoGAF clan still exists on the PTR. Looks like it's persisting between PTR sessions now.

how do i join eek#1673 ;_;

eek5

Thanks.

I wonder if they can pull the QoL stuff and patch that in sometime during S2. Some of that stuff looks great. :/

Dahbomb

Immortal King's Boulder weapon is now going to be required for 6 pc Immortals perma WotB build because you kinda want the new Breeches as well as TnT. That leaves the Shoulder slot open which is kinda awkward because you will probably end up using Vile Ward in that slot.

So make sure to hold that weapon if you get it.

joesmokey

Briefly tried out the new Tal's 6 piece mechanic and I don't think it's for me.

While I obviously didn't have optimum setup, having to constantly keep track of your refresh stack and how much time you have before needing to apply some appropriate spell is just not a very fun mechanic. Maybe some people might like that play style, however it is a crap load of micro-managing and it's not really something I want out of this game. Maybe if the buff was for something like 15 seconds instead of 5 seconds then it would be more fun, rather than a nightmare.

Dahbomb

Briefly tried out the new Tal's 6 piece mechanic and I don't think it's for me.

While I obviously didn't have optimum setup, having to constantly keep track of your refresh stack and how much time you have before needing to apply some appropriate spell is just not a very fun mechanic. Maybe some people might like that play style, however it is a crap load of micro-managing and it's not really something I want out of this game. Maybe if the buff was for something like 15 seconds instead of 5 seconds then it would be more fun, rather than a nightmare.
Now add in the micromanagement of keeping track of the buff from the new multi element ring.

Though I don't see how you need to apply different spells. You have Magic Weapon, Familiar, Black Hole and Meteor each of which gives a different element. You just do Black Hole and Meteor... that will hit 4 elements at once.

Jas

Played on the PTR for a while with my barb, new IK set is fun.
Was able to keep Berserker up the entire time.
Used whirlwind since I found the new skull grasp ring also used the new pants for Berserker.
Had fury issues with whirlwind will have to play with skills and passives more.
Requested an invite to the GAF clan on the PTR too.

joesmokey

Now add in the micromanagement of keeping track of the buff from the new multi element ring.

Though I don't see how you need to apply different spells. You have Magic Weapon, Familiar, Black Hole and Meteor each of which gives a different element. You just do Black Hole and Meteor... that will hit 4 elements at once.
Tal's only procs from spells directly cast, not damage dealt. It works differently from Elemental Exposure:
What skills do/don't grant me one of the elemental stacks?
The following skills/affects do NOT give you a stack of this buff:
Any and all item procs
Slow Time
Frost Nova
Diamond skin
Teleport: Calamity
All armor spells
Magic Weapon (even its proc effects)
Tal Meteors (or any item or skill procs)
Mirror Images or their casted spells
Familiar
Making the micro-managing incredibly not fun.

Dahbomb

Well that's stupid, I thought it was by damage dealt like Elemental Exposure. That pretty much forces you to use 4 active skills on the skill bar to get the most out of the set.

Jedi2016

Had fury issues with whirlwind will have to play with skills and passives more.
Use Ancient's Fury on your CotA, that will keep your fury maxxed. That's what I'm running right now. Adding perma-Wrath on top of that is going to be ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom