• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tal's only procs from spells directly cast, not damage dealt. It works differently from Elemental Exposure:

Making the micro-managing incredibly not fun.

Hydra's not in the list, does that work? And I guess the "way" to do it would be to have like blizzard/hydra/signature/dump of all different elements to continually proc stuff, assuming hydra works. Not sure how efficient would that be though, and also don't know what you use for the dump that'd fit nicely. Maybe meteor with the meteor bracers(or belt or whatever it was), assuming the meteors from Tal also benefit from it.

Dahbomb

Maybe meteor with the meteor bracers(or belt or whatever it was), assuming the meteors from Tal also benefit from it.
The new Meteor item is on the Boots. It gives 100% damage straight up to Meteor and then up to 400% damage on 3 or less enemies. It's absolutely insane.

Combined with Vizier staff which lowers cost of Meteor and also gives more damage to Meteor... you can put out some big numbers for Meteor with Tal Rasha.

joesmokey

Hydra's not in the list, does that work? And I guess the "way" to do it would be to have like blizzard/hydra/signature/dump of all different elements to continually proc stuff, assuming hydra works. Not sure how efficient would that be though, and also don't know what you use for the dump that'd fit nicely. Maybe meteor with the meteor bracers(or belt or whatever it was), assuming the meteors from Tal also benefit from it.
It procs on hydra's cast, not when the hydra attacks.

Most people are running some variation of blizzard/hydra/meteor/black hole/electrocute/spectral blades right now.

Maybe the gameplay just needs time, but it is very awkward. You also have to give up Magic Weapon unfortunately.

I'm hopeful that a lot of this will be tweaked throughout the PTR.

You're better off running 0 zunis as a pet doctor with Mask of Jeram + T&T + Uhkpaien serpent + Little Mans Finger + Tall Mans Finger.

That's the plan, if I ever find a Starmetal Kukri, lol. Right now I need the Zunimassa set to have the fetishes out at all times.

That ring sounds awesome, too.

Dahbomb

It procs on hydra's cast, not when the hydra attacks.

Most people are running some variation of blizzard/hydra/meteor/black hole/electrocute/spectral blades right now.

Maybe the gameplay just needs time, but it is very awkward. You also have to give up Magic Weapon unfortunately.

I'm hopeful that a lot of this will be tweaked throughout the PTR.
Magic Weapon is pretty much irrelevant to this spec now and I am glad that they have finally figured out a way to make people not use that boring skill (though it's still possible to use the skill with that set you would just have to give up something like Teleport or some other defensive/utility skill for it). You basically just need 4 active skills of different elements and you just use them in sequence when against a mob. I think Exploding Blast would be pretty good here as well because if it's on cast then you don't even need to hit the enemy with it to have the damage boost. Go in... cast Hydra, Hole, Exploding Blast then Meteor (plus a Signature spell if you feel like it) and you will do billions of damage. Repeat sequence when off cooldown.

Insaniac

The fixed cooldown reduction affix is on a legendary 1H sword, In-Geom. 4-6 seconds.
QUCakaL.jpg

That'll help monks out tremendously.
(source)
It drops the requirement from 80% to about 60%, which is way easier to achieve. No more need for Born's/Crimson's or CDR on rings.
---

By the way, the NeoGAF clan still exists on the PTR. Looks like it's persisting between PTR sessions now.

wow. does that reduce cooldown and THEN CDR, or CDR then reduce it?

I may or may not have just gotten kinda lucky.
So I found a Furnace, and I was wondering if I should reroll the damage on it, or if it's even worth it. How I'm seeing it is that the Ancient Devastator I'm using is seemingly better?
Here is my character, please critique. I know I should probably get better gloves (and probably everything else), but I haven't been able to get a pair of FB gloves and I haven't been playing my Wizard until today.

So is the Furnace worth rerolling as an upgrade, or am I shit outta luck?

neoism

lol this game is such a troll lol finally after 300 PLs i got my innas chest and i dont need it.. its such a down grade... :(

J. Bravo

I may or may not have just gotten kinda lucky.
So I found a Furnace, and I was wondering if I should reroll the damage on it, or if it's even worth it. How I'm seeing it is that the Ancient Devastator I'm using is seemingly better?
Here is my character, please critique. I know I should probably get better gloves (and probably everything else), but I haven't been able to get a pair of FB gloves and I haven't been playing my Wizard until today.

So is the Furnace worth rerolling as an upgrade, or am I shit outta luck?

it's because of the gem in your devastator. take the gem out and compare them. the furnace is probably a huge upgrade.

Mayyhem

How do I joint he GAF clan? I have literally nobody to play with this anymore as my friends do not play anymore :(

my btag is Mayyhem#1529 if anyone wants to play with me

MedIC86

I thought the 6 piece bonus is still in tact?

That could be, but the way i read it is that they redesigned the whole set, and removed the 6 piece bonus all together. But i could be wrong.

Also, will the redesign of set items be retroactive? if so blizzard has been lying a lot in the past that they couldnt do this etc blabla when they changed a lot of the legendaries when the RMAH was still up.

Dahbomb

I am pretty sure if they actually removed the 6 piece bonus from Firebirds there would be a huge hoopla over it at the Wizard D3 forums. Instead people are saying it's still in tact so I guess it's still there. Basically the main change is that the Intelligence gain is replaced by mini explosions for 250% weapon damage.

Also, will the redesign of set items be retroactive? if so blizzard has been lying a lot in the past that they couldnt do this etc blabla when they changed a lot of the legendaries when the RMAH was still up.
The rule of thumb is that regular Legendary changes aren't retroactive but Set bonus changes are in fact retroactive.

MedIC86

I am pretty sure if they actually removed the 6 piece bonus from Firebirds there would be a huge hoopla over it at the Wizard D3 forums. Instead people are saying it's still in tact so I guess it's still there. Basically the main change is that the Intelligence gain is replaced by mini explosions for 250% weapon damage.

The rule of thumb is that regular Legendary changes aren't retroactive but Set bonus changes are in fact retroactive.

Okay i really hope thats the case, i've been working a lot to get the set recently, so if they decided to throw it away with such a simple patch it would be a bummer for me.

Addnan

The patch notes only show the changes that have been made, the six piece is still there. Wizards are bad enough, they may as well be deleted if firebird bonus was removed.

Robin64

So I hit 70 in the season last night just before heading to bed.

What's the next step, Ring of Grandeur first? Or should I just run rifts I can handle to get other gear?

I also have no idea what build I'll be running. Rapid Fire alone was fine for getting to 70.

eek5

So I hit 70 in the season last night just before heading to bed.

What's the next step, Ring of Grandeur first? Or should I just run rifts I can handle to get other gear?

I also have no idea what build I'll be running. Rapid Fire alone was fine for getting to 70.

Run regular rifts, gamble kadala until you get a legendary in every slot even if they are pretty bad. The reasoning for this is so that you can auto-salvage all rares/blues which will end up speeding up your runs quite a bit. After that start to target specific slots for set items.

If you run out of rift fragments split farm A1 but I wouldn't farm RoRG until you get 3 pieces of M6 or become T6 capable.

Once you get to T1 and get trials do some GR to get gems. If you manage to get hoarder from GR farm up gold to upgrade emeralds. This is something you can grind out without RNG more or less so it's something you should work towards. If you get lucky you'll get M6 etc. and be a beast. If not you'll still have maxed out gems which make a pretty decent difference.

Grampasso

So, correct me if I'm wrong, we could increase max disc through these means, assuming RoRG:
Nat ring (10 disc) + Nat cloak (10 disc) + 20 disc set bonus
2nd ring (RoRG, 10 disc)
Weapon (12 disc)
Dead Man Legacy Quiver (12 disc)
5p new set for the disc dmg bonus

Maybe my memory fails me but I remember having a ring with +max disc, did I dream of it?
If they can exist then we can sit at 104 disc, otherwise it would be 84

Dahbomb

The old Stone of Jordan used to give max Disc, not anymore though.

And Nat Ring by itself doesn't give Disc, just as a bonus. Neither does RoRG.

Realistically we are looking at around 80+ Discipline which would give 800% bonus damage which is still a ton.

There's a DH Preparation rune that gives 15 Discipline.

Grampasso

The old Stone of Jordan used to give max Disc, not anymore though.

And Nat Ring by itself doesn't give Disc, just as a bonus. Neither does RoRG.

That's why, I had an old SoJ with DISC, manald heal still gives max disc as a secondary but I don't know if we can combo other set pieces to get both 3p and 6p bonuses (avoiding Nat weapon which wouldn't be desireable)

Dahbomb

That's why, I had an old SoJ with DISC, manald heal still gives max disc as a secondary but I don't know if we can combo other set pieces to get both 3p and 6p bonuses (avoiding Nat weapon which wouldn't be desireable)
You should be easily able to combine the 6 piece with 3 piece bonus without using weapon.

Nat Ring, Nat Boots
Visage Head, Gloves, Shoulders, Chest, Pants
RorG

Or use Nat's Chest and Visage Boots

The rest will be weapon of choice, DML, Witching Hours and probably Reapers Wraps.

Xanathus

Have to say that I'm already completely bored of D3 season 2, but the PTR 2.2 changes look enticing and I might play that instead. The thing is that I started playing Guild Wars 2 a week before season 2 started and man it's so much more fun with all the community stuff and events.

Grampasso

You should be easily able to combine the 6 piece with 3 piece bonus without using weapon.

Nat Ring, Nat Boots
Visage Head, Gloves, Shoulders, Chest, Pants
RorG

Or use Nat's Chest and Visage Boots

The rest will be weapon of choice, DML, Witching Hours and probably Reapers Wraps.
Nat's chest is better, it's a Cloak so it can have DISC as secondary stat

jns

hey guys! I've been playing a bit of season 2 and leveling up a monk. I got these Gundgo's and was wondering if it was better to re-roll the lpt to crit, or the phy% to lightning%? I'm currently using a shaefer's hammer and have about 50% lightning damage so far.

Thanks for the help :D

it's because of the gem in your devastator. take the gem out and compare them. the furnace is probably a huge upgrade.
I am actually holding shift to take the screenshot, so the gem isn't being considered in the damage equation.
Does this mean my Furnace sucks? Should I reroll the damage on the Furnace?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Well patch 2.2 seems fucking awesome, so many QoL changes and I love all the new items and affixes. Also, was it just me or did the PTR not need to download? It just seemed to update my regular client and it was ready in 5 minutes.

If you're solo, rifts close instantly, no more having to wait 30secs because you forgot to close it right away before IDing items. Gifts stacking to 100 I guess is nice for people who have a bunch. There's a new UI for all the pets/wings/portraits. Can bulk craft super quick instead of having to craft items one by one(even with queue it took forever to convert gems). Then the rest that was mentionned already.

ferr

it'd be great if they gave manticore a cool affix so that Manticore + DML can once again be the top weapon+OH used.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
They should have kept the double socket manticore.

Or they could have just made it inherently have like a 130% crit damage bonus, to mimic the effect of an additional emerald without actually having a second socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom