• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This shit is really bad with reorganizing inventory and deleting a character finding the optimal gear through mailbox post season just to fit things in the limited inventory.

Begaria

Got in to the game, did a quick 31 GR just to get a quick blood shard increase and I got a Corrupted Ashbringer from the guardian. Rolled well enough for non-Ancient, and I decided to give it a shot (w/o putting in a crit gem) just to see the Ashbringer transformation.

Hooooly fuck does that legendary proc hit hard. I was just bullshitting around but I managed to get it to proc within just a few minutes, but probably could do it faster.

RS4-

This shit is really bad with reorganizing inventory and deleting a character finding the optimal gear through mailbox post season just to fit things in the limited inventory.

I like how you still can't drop or delete the smoke/white dyes and that pet.

Syntek

H3pZBm4.jpg

Hit my personal milestone. Sort of a last hurray for the M6 build before ditching it for the UE set.

So hyped for Saturday morning! Starts 9am Saturday here down under which is perfect. Just hoping can form a group of 4 via the clan chat once it starts. Need that party buff, I started half a day late last time and everyone was already level 30 or so, had to solo.

VoxPop

wait what the fuck, season 3 is already starting?

I swear I played this game like a month or two ago when season 2 first started before moving back to WoW.

ElyrionX

DH and Wiz alt methinks for S3. And did I mention non-season sucks? Non-season sucks.

Friday can't come soon enough.

Yeah there really is no fun in playing non-seasons anymore. Can't wait till friday. D3 Season 3 AND Daredevil.

Wtf. Season is so utterly pointless. What's the point of leveling and gearing from scratch?

I am going to be playing my non-season characters tonight and given the amount of content in this patch, I think I'd be playing for quite a good amount of time. This game is great. Just keeps giving.

Celegus

EU is up and I already hate the dashing strike.

I tried it briefly and it made me barf in my mouth a little. There's just no impact with it whatsoever, which is the thing Diablo does better than anything else.

Roland Crusader is the exact opposite and super fun though!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Wtf. Season is so utterly pointless. What's the point of leveling and gearing from scratch?

I am going to be playing my non-season characters tonight and given the amount of content in this patch, I think I'd be playing for quite a good amount of time. This game is great. Just keeps giving.

You're kind of ahead of the curve, and once you level to 70, it is like playing any other character at that point.

The main point is just building up your stash again if you like that, but also playing with your friends who are also playing the season :p. don't want to not be able to play with them

Axial

I'm usually not up to date on all the changes before the actual patch releases, so this one kinda sucked for me once it hit the EU servers. I was running M6 with a RoRG and two fine ancient Nat's set pieces for the extra 20 discipline, +250 dex and 7.0% crit chance. Had over 1600k unbuffed dps and now I'm down to around 1300k. Won't argue that the complete Nat's set in itself is probably way better now, but damn that discipline reduction and dps drop hurts.

Firemind

I tried it briefly and it made me barf in my mouth a little. There's just no impact with it whatsoever, which is the thing Diablo does better than anything else.

Roland Crusader is the exact opposite and super fun though!
Did they fix Shield Bash's hitbox? If so, it's on like Donkey Kong!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Yeah there really is no fun in playing non-seasons anymore. Can't wait till friday. D3 Season 3 AND Daredevil.

I'm actually beginning to feel just the opposite. I'm starting to think that I'll level up a season character to 70 just to get the new transmogs, but then fall back to my non seasonal characters to actually play. Since all season-only gear rolls into non-season mode after each season I just don't see the incentive. I guess for people who are paragon 600+ and have everything the game has to offer, then yeah competing for ladder ranks might be the only thing left for you to do. I don't have a single character who can handle T6 yet, not a single one, so I've still got tons of room for improvement on all of my characters.

Guys I have a non seasonal lvl 70 Monk, I stopped playing right before ladders so I am out of the loop.
Any quick rundowns about the gear, equipment and builds to aim at? (not interested in seasons)
Thanks

NeoCross

I'm actually beginning to feel just the opposite. I'm starting to think that I'll level up a season character to 70 just to get the new transmogs, but then fall back to my non seasonal characters to actually play. Since all season-only gear rolls into non-season mode after each season I just don't see the incentive. I guess for people who are paragon 600+ and have everything the game has to offer, then yeah competing for ladder ranks might be the only thing left for you to do. I don't have a single character who can handle T6 yet, not a single one, so I've still got tons of room for improvement on all of my characters.

I can definitely understand as to the people who just got started and wants to continue gearing up their non-season characters. But for me who's been playing D3 since launch and I'm sure for a lot of people as well seasons are just a breath of fresh air, for competing on the new ladder and new gear. I don't really care about transmogs or additional achievement points lol.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Wait, you're coffeebeans? wtf

also congrats man

Yup. I have the clan notes filled in with the GAF names. Mouse over the icons next to their names in the roster and it'll pop up with the names in the notes. (or check the roster spreadsheet - quote for the link)
[email="
http://tinyurl.com/neogafd3
][/email]

Baliis

RIP Barbs.

it will still be top class in S3

With the changes to pylons? Raekors will still be good, but it'll be a lot harder to brute force high levels with a power+conduit without a lot more rng. Assuming the pylon changes made it in this patch.

RS4-

Beans, I'm coming for you on the DH board!

And raiment is just all over the place with a channeling pylon, sometimes the hits don't even register.

Finally got the final piece of my Crusader's Akkhan set so I figured i'd be able to push way deeper into GNRs.. I used to stall out around 19 or 20....

... so now I stall out around 21-22. Ugh. I can survive, but just can't output damage fast enough. I really need to re-think my build skills-wise and try to figure out what to do to my gear to move up. I'd really like to be able to get up to GNR 30 or so, so I can finally level my gem of ease up to 25 to help with pushing new characters to lv70 asap.

What do you guys think about the new wizard set, Delsere's Magnum Opus? I'm thinking about rolling a wizard for the season so I can do some kind of build around that.

XShagrath

Being limited on stash space really sucks, especially when you've got multiple characters that you want to switch out. I'm pretty much stuck using just one build per character, because I don't have the space to store a bunch of extra gear.

I think the shared cache system should be tweaked. Maybe they could implement something like Borderlands has, where each character has their own cache, but there is a smaller shared cache so that you could transfer stuff between characters?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I can definitely understand as to the people who just got started and wants to continue gearing up their non-season characters. But for me who's been playing D3 since launch and I'm sure for a lot of people as well seasons are just a breath of fresh air, for competing on the new ladder and new gear. I don't really care about transmogs or additional achievement points lol.

No, I've been playing since launch too. Just a lot, LOT less than most people in this thread. I guess I'm what is called a "casual" player, meaning only a couple hours per week.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
"suddenly IK and the WW set look like complete ass."

rolling my eyes.

Witch Doctors and Crusaders have it far, far worse than Barb.
RIP Barbs.

it will still be top class in S3

kappa_big.png

One day post patch for people still deciding on a seasonal class (GR clears):

Wizard: 55
WD: 54
DH: 53
Crusader: 52
Monk: 52
Barbarian: 51

Of course this will still change over time with each class probably squeezing out one or two more, but these are the early trends. Not lookin too good for barbs so far as we have no game changing seasonal legs (other classes do potentially), and most of those 51's were 5xRaekor's 2xIK. Maybe alkaizer-god will come up with something that climbs up and saves us, it is only a day in after all :).

Raekor's with focus and restraint will probably be able to hit 53-55 soon, but it's kind of sad to see another barb season with charge being #1. Mannercookie's holy globe barb might also be able to squeeze out 53-54 with some lucky rifts. But LOL @ tavern talk devs suggesting that WotW set was going in at "max power" and should be the best. The best part is how that set isn't even in the discussion, people speculated that a few IK builds would be able to compete with Raekor's (still might be the case, remains to be scene), but I'm betting 5 piece Wrath of the Wastes is pretty bad compared to both IK, and especially compared to Raekor's. Time will tell I guess.

And of course this all ignores group play, which is what we're all here for I assume (at least what I'm here for): 0 barbs in the top 300 four player groups lol. Mortick's might have been OP but it was integral to the way the majority of PTR barb builds were balanced (outside of Raekor's) and to yank it at the very last second, out of nowhere, is just so stupid and irresponsible.

Not rolling Barb for S3, cannot handle another season of Reakor's. They should have just adjusted the bracers in the first place, instead of balancing sets around those bracers.

Firemind

Hm. Now I don't know what to roll anymore. Barbs nerfed. Wizards have no frost set but a slow time set (lol). Crusaders are slow as molasses. Hype deflated.

Guess I'll skip this season then.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
From what I've seen, Roland's crusader actually looks like a lot of fun.

I'll probably play both crusader/barb since it'll be easier to gear two strength classes. Hoping something gets changed about barb before Friday, this was supposed to be the season of WW and lots of build diversity (in large part thanks to Mortick's making less survivable SS/HOTA/WW builds viable).

As for the official reason Mortick's was removed completely and suddenly, here it is :).
kappa

Krassus

This season just seems really weak to me. I was expecting legendaries that would diversify the amount of end game viable builds for GRifting. Some new mobs or layouts too would have been nice.

Im still going to play for a couple of weeks just because its D3 though.

With the change to Bloodshed double dip and the damage increase from Insanity, it's hard to place where barbs are now.

Those bracers were really key for surviving though. Its gonna tank the g rift levels by alot.

The fact that noone tested barbs without the bracers is what worries me

Dahbomb

Hm. Now I don't know what to roll anymore. Barbs nerfed. Wizards have no frost set but a slow time set (lol). Crusaders are slow as molasses. Hype deflated.

Guess I'll skip this season then.
Slow set is basically frost set as you can combine it with Triumvirate + Arcane Orb.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/53661-2-2-delsere-arcane-orb-fire-or-cold

You can also spec Tal Rasha to be a Frost Set with some multi element stuff thrown in the mix.

Why would they? People always test the top level stuff.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
With the change to Bloodshed double dip and the damage increase from Insanity, it's hard to place where barbs are now.

Those bracers were really key for surviving though. Its gonna tank the g rift levels by alot.

Raekor barbs are back and better than ever with focus and restraint, I think the #1 barb Klankster has already shattered 55 with Raekor's f+r in 2.2. Whirlwind and IK are suffering through 40s though, probably going to top out at very low 50s.

So Barb is pretty much go raekor's or go home again. Don't even think about group play, sadly. But that's been the norm for a year or two now, so we should be used to it.

Addnan

Raekor barbs are back and better than ever with focus and restraint, I think the #1 barb Klankster has already shattered 55 with Raekor's f+r in 2.2. Whirlwind and IK are suffering through 40s though, probably going to top out at very low 50s.

So Barb is pretty much go raekor's or go home again. Don't even think about group play, sadly. But that's been the norm for a year or two now, so we should be used to it.

How would a barb survive without unity?

Addnan

Demon Hunter new bis weapon is Krider. Everyone have fun finding an ancient krider with high damage range, +% damage, discipline secondary and maybe even rcr. Fun times and preferably 4 hatred regen.

Firemind

Slow set is basically frost set as you can combine it with Triumvirate + Arcane Orb.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/53661-2-2-delsere-arcane-orb-fire-or-cold

You can also spec Tal Rasha to be a Frost Set with some multi element stuff thrown in the mix.
I want to use Ray of Frost and Frost Nova though. Signature spells are boring. Arcane Orb is okay if it wasn't for the astronomically high arcane cost. Slow Time is dumb. I want to be mobile and pewpew. I guess I could try Meteor.

Begaria

Some people just like the feel of starting fresh again and again to keep the game fresh. I can respect that. I'm not one of those people though, I play softcore non-seasonal always and will likely never play any Season ever for as long as I play Diablo 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom