• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Watching streamers with close to full ancient gear (including ancient BK swords) struggle and fail to break GR 50 with WW makes me sad.

ferr

Some people just like the feel of starting fresh again and again to keep the game fresh. I can respect that. I'm not one of those people though, I play softcore non-seasonal always and will likely never play any Season ever for as long as I play Diablo 3.

Same here. I can probably take that a step further, I don't even create other characters. Softcore non-seasonal DH for life.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Some people just like the feel of starting fresh again and again to keep the game fresh. I can respect that. I'm not one of those people though, I play softcore non-seasonal always and will likely never play any Season ever for as long as I play Diablo 3.

This will be me in time. I've been using the seasons to level up classes to 70 and get the transmogs, as I initially only had a wizard and a crusader at 70 when S1 came around. The witch doctor was who I played for S1, I picked the demon hunter for S2, and I'll be leveling up a barbarian for S3. That only leaves me the monk for S4. After that, I'll probably be skipping seasons altogether unless they add some better incentive

Artanisix

"Watching streamers with close to full ancient gear (including ancient BK swords) struggle and fail to break GR 50 with WW makes me sad."

Just watched a WW barb break 50 easily, they're using the 4-piece IK and 6-piece Wrath of the Wastes. The DR from the whirlwind set is looking really good now that they removed Mortick's.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
"Watching streamers with close to full ancient gear (including ancient BK swords) struggle and fail to break GR 50 with WW makes me sad."

Just watched a WW barb break 50 easily, they're using the 4-piece IK and 6-piece Wrath of the Wastes. The DR from the whirlwind set is looking really good now that they removed Mortick's.

Yeah I've been watching the IK WW barbs fail miserably, cause I couldn't find a WotW streamer. Looks like WotW will break the 50 mark (but you do need a lucky rift), which is nice, but it sucks that IK is in the dumpster. That was the set I was really hyped about because of the pet + SS + HOTA potential.

I really wish Mortick's was "enable all COTA runes," honestly, it's like enable all WOTB runes but not as OP. It also opens up a lot of build diversity because most IK builds are trapped using phys ancients because the fury gen from that rune is mandatory.

Baliis

Yeah I've been watching the IK WW barbs fail miserably, cause I couldn't find a WotW streamer. Looks like WotW will break the 50 mark, which is nice, but it sucks that IK is in the dumpster. That was the set I was really hyped about because of the pet + SS + HOTA potential.

I really wish Mortick's was "enable all COTA runes," honestly, it's like enable all WOTB runes but not as OP. It also opens up a lot of build diversity because most IK builds are trapped using phys ancients because the fury gen from that rune is mandatory.

I'd kinda prefer that too just because I think it would be more interesting. You'd get a big damage boost, fury gen, and damage reduction, but you have to manage the ancients more now to make sure you can keep the reduction. I forget what the other runes even do though. Life per fury for the ancients and something else?

Cleared GR 40 on my monk to get my blood shard cap up to an even 900. Spent 500+ on my DH looking for an UE piece but didn't find one. :/

Guess I'll just wait for season to start before I really dig for new gear though.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
I was so set on rolling a barb for S3 since WW was going to be viable (hate raekor playstyle) but with the changes I am not sure I want to now.

Will WW still easily clear t6 and get into the low to mid 40s in GR? Geanted I dont play a ton but will probably put in 50-100 hours this season.

If not which character should I roll? The Frozen Orb build looks fun as does the rolands although I rolled a sader last season.

Would like a class thats relatively easy to gear for atleast intially, Ideas...

MrDaravon

Slow set is basically frost set as you can combine it with Triumvirate + Arcane Orb.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/53661-2-2-delsere-arcane-orb-fire-or-cold

You can also spec Tal Rasha to be a Frost Set with some multi element stuff thrown in the mix.

Ooh, this is potentially rad. I'm always going to play DH in seasons, question is always if it's going to be my main or not. Might make Wiz my main this season, I really liked what I played of them at the very end of vanilla and very early RoS. Still have pretty shit gear on mine but I might try to play her some today and tomorrow and see if I can gamble some set pieces and look at builds on Diablofans to see which way I want to go.

Glad 2.2 guides/builds are starting to go up more organized for folks like me who are out of the loop on things.

Edit: Hmm, multiple 2.2 Wiz builds on diablofans now, neat. Seems to be a variety of potential builds. I'm not looking to super push high rankings on grifts, seems like there is at least the potential for some variety there which is cool. Not that you can't generally cruise through T6 at a point anyway I suppose, but still.

Talaysen

So I'm running Tal Rasha with the meteor boots and have the source with +20% meteor damage on it, with another +25% meteor damage elsewhere. Would replacing that with a 2H weapon be better overall or does the +meteor damage make 1H+source better?

Also, do the boots stack multiplicatively with +meteor damage or is it additive? I suspect multiplicative, since it doesn't show up on my character details window.

Dahbomb

I was so set on rolling a barb for S3 since WW was going to be viable (hate raekor playstyle) but with the changes I am not sure I want to now.

Will WW still easily clear t6 and get into the low to mid 40s in GR? Geanted I dont play a ton but will probably put in 50-100 hours this season.

If not which character should I roll? The Frozen Orb build looks fun as does the rolands although I rolled a sader last season.

Ideas...
WW with Bul Kathos dual wield swords is going to annihilate T6. Can definitely push low GR40s as well.

Honestly I'm starting to debate if it is even worth it to do Seasons this time, the exclusive items are really lacking.

I do enjoy the starting over factor though.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Yes it will do fine in t6 and 40s.

Addnan

Not enough time with work, FFXIV, WOW and random console games and RPGs.
That makes sense, I sometime forget people play other games :p. Any time I get to play games goes into this now, which isn't much either with school work getting hectic now. This season will last minimum 4 months though, so lots of time ahead.

jblank83

Hello D3-GAF. It's been a long time. Medical school has kept me from paying attention to the last year of Diablo patches, sadly. But I just played some games with the new patches and have several questions.

Can anyone give me a very brief rundown on certain things?

1. Are greater rifts the thing to do now? Any point in running bounties anymore? How about normal rifts?
2. My first greater rift dropped a Bane of the Powerful. I suppose I should just keep upgrading this to 25? Should I bother upgrading my rift key? It's currently 27 and I had some difficulty getting through that on T4.
3. Any Wizard build advice? Is Firebird's + Sparker pretty much the build?
4. The special treasure goblins seem to be a walking super duper resplendent chest. Is there anymore to them than that?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I answered some of my own questions with a little more playtime. I see that the rift keys are used up and so you need to continuously farm them from normal rifts. I also see how gem upgrading is handled. So I suppose I'm just wondering about 3 and 4, and also if bounties are any good now.

Hello D3-GAF. It's been a long time. Medical school has kept me from paying attention to the last year of Diablo patches, sadly. But I just played some games with the new patches and have several questions.

Can anyone give me a very brief rundown on certain things?

1. Are greater rifts the thing to do now? Any point in running bounties anymore? How about normal rifts?
2. My first greater rift dropped a Bane of the Powerful. I suppose I should just keep upgrading this to 25? Should I bother upgrading my rift key? It's currently 27 and I had some difficulty getting through that on T4.
3. Any Wizard build advice? Is Firebird's + Sparker pretty much the build?
4. The special treasure goblins seem to be a walking super duper resplendent chest. Is there anymore to them than that?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I answered some of my own questions with a little more playtime. I see that the rift keys are used up and so you need to continuously farm them from normal rifts. I also see how gem upgrading is handled. So I suppose I'm just wondering about 3 and 4, and also if bounties are any good now.

Can't answer 3 as I don't play Wizard but yes the Treasure Goblins can be considered mobile chests which if you do not kill in time you miss the loot. With the latest few patches they've gone from 1 type of Goblin to multiple types of goblin each dropping a certain type of item. For example there is one that drops gems, blood shards, crafting mats etc. As you attack them they will slowly drop items and then when you kill them they "explode" with more items.

Another thing to note about goblins is if you find them whilst doing bounties they have a chance on death to spawn a portal to a special realm/mini rift(forget its name) which yields massive gold. There is also a final boss which usually drops multiple legendaries and on your first kill of this boss will drop the legendary hoarder gem.

Finally got an ancient torch. Not a great roll but what a difference with Inna's SWK build. Almost never run out of spirit.

Nod and honestly I would really like to see them move away from this type of thing. Basically, one item that completely changes the way a class/build works. It just seems shitty and you have the issue of the item not dropping.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/53651-2-2-natalya-strafe-speedfarm

I use crashing rain tho. I would post my profile but i didnt sync yet. also another nice thing is you can swap out a bunch of piece if you want

Cheers mate, just gotta farm the Nat's pieces now haha.

Couldn't see any changes in the patch notes which would reflect it but for some reason my M6 feels weak now. I know my gear isn't anywhere near optimal or even considered good but it still feels different.

Maybe i've just been playing Monk too long.

EDIT: Gabynator so close to beating Grift 56 with Wizard. This is insane. Another 30 seconds and he would have probably had it, definitely looks like he can achieve it with a luckier grift. Reconsidering my plan to roll DH for Wizard now since DH is my main and i've never played Wizard properly.

soundpross

Neo Member
I should mention the RoV deals like 50-100m but the crashing rain belt is dealing the 800m-1b crits once per cast of RoV but you can cast RoV pretty often

MrDaravon

Tom Penny

Nod and honestly I would really like to see them move away from this type of thing. Basically, one item that completely changes the way a class/build works. It just seems shitty and you have the issue of the item not dropping.

I agree but raiment is pretty wack to play not that SWK is some awesome fun.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
The new season starts today, correct? Anyone know what time it's supposed to go live?

The build that he is using to do that and well the overall way Tal Rasha runs really doesn't seem that 'fun' to me personally. Let's also remember he has nearly 1400 Paragon.

jblank83

Can't answer 3 as I don't play Wizard but yes the Treasure Goblins can be considered mobile chests which if you do not kill in time you miss the loot. With the latest few patches they've gone from 1 type of Goblin to multiple types of goblin each dropping a certain type of item. For example there is one that drops gems, blood shards, crafting mats etc. As you attack them they will slowly drop items and then when you kill them they "explode" with more items.

Another thing to note about goblins is if you find them whilst doing bounties they have a chance on death to spawn a portal to a special realm/mini rift(forget its name) which yields massive gold. There is also a final boss which usually drops multiple legendaries and on your first kill of this boss will drop the legendary hoarder gem.

Ah, interesting. I didn't know they dropped item types. And I guess there's a reason to go do bounties.

Thank you =)

XShagrath

Ah, interesting. I didn't know they dropped item types. And I guess there's a reason to go do bounties.
As far as I'm aware, there are only two types of gobs that spawn in non-rifts. There's the regular ones (which have a chance of spawning the goblin portal), and rainbow gobs, which can open a portal to Whimsyshire.

All of the other special gobs (blood shards, mats, legendaries) only spawn in rifts.

Someone can come in and correct me if I'm wrong.

Addnan

Do people still look for portals? The gold from them are insignificant. At the end of season 2 I had I think 3b gold and I got couple of portals but probably got only 70m from each. Never have gold find gear on.

Duress

Do people still look for portals? The gold from them are insignificant. At the end of season 2 I had I think 3b gold and I got couple of portals but probably got only 70m from each. Never have gold find gear on.

I don't think people go out of there way to find them, but they're a nice change of pace.

Haven't actively looked for them since the weekend they were released however when farming RoRG in season mode it's always a nice bonus to get one.

I'm torn on DH or Wiz now. Really not sure which way I want to go.

I know it's absolutely nothing special anymore, but soloing GR44 and finishing it with 9 minutes on the clock felt really good. And my items are still fairly awful. My Rasha's amulet is bad, I haven't rolled +hydra damage on my Source, and both of my rings have Dex on them. So at the moment, I'm leaving about 10% damage from Int and 10% crit chance from ammy on the table. In the grand scheme, it feels like a reasonable sacrifice for seeing 1-2.5B crits on a regular basis.

Only trick is staying alive during the adjustment period after playing like 7 months of Firebird's garbage. Your mind just gets used to a certain way to play. Also, fuck Corrupted Angels. They're still bullshit, as is damage reflect.

Gooter

Neo Member
I'm leveling up a Crusader at the moment. He is my highest level character at 40. Can anyone recommend some good leveling builds? Or, does it really not matter pre-70?
Thanks

I'm leveling up a Crusader at the moment. He is my highest level character at 40. Can anyone recommend some good leveling builds? Or, does it really not matter pre-70?
Thanks

Before 70, it really doesn't matter. Go with what's fun, switch up your skills a lot to see all the different skills/runes, and just go with what works with your gear (if you get some +fire skill gear, switch up your runes accordingly, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom