• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
When did S3 start? Personally I'm looking forward to it ending so that I can play with GAF people again for a week before S4 starts...

S3 started on April 10th, and supposedly will run four months. So I'm guessing early August will be when the season ends.

Addnan

I think this one took 350 rolls to get it to 100.. So good luck :p
gnrTJKs.png

These now cost me 25m a roll. Rip.
qh9S38W.png

Addnan

I hate how a rift has to be tailored perfectly to a build for it to be a good run. It's like applying an RNG to leader boards. Looks like he needed channeling and power to accomplish it.
You only need that when you want to push the game to the limit. Every normal person doing high 40s can pretty much clear any rift.

You only need that when you want to push the game to the limit. Every normal person doing high 40s can pretty much clear any rift.

Which is why I said it's like applying an RNG to the leader board. It's not just about how buff your toon is, but a combo of how buff your toon / how lucky of a rift you got.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I hate how a rift has to be tailored perfectly to a build for it to be a good run. It's like applying an RNG to leader boards. Looks like he needed channeling and power to accomplish it.

Which is why I said it's like applying an RNG to the leader board. It's not just about how buff your toon is, but a combo of how buff your toon / how lucky of a rift you got.

It's a good example of the weird things that come out of a system like this. The person who posted the guide even said he'd rather have pylons taken out of the picture.

Since the one second freeze from CW:Tsunami doesn't work well on elites, the build just focuses on regular mobs. Why bother with the elites at all? I wonder if there are builds for the other classes out there which could use a similar strategy and clear higher rift levels as a result. It's cheesy, but it works.

I remember a long time ago the devs were talking about static "challenge maps" where everything is the same each time. I think that would be great. They could build layouts with interesting rooms that are set up differently with different spawn types, put a few specific pylons at strategic points, and have people compete for times to clear the whole thing on its own leaderboard. People could talk about clearing strategies and run the whole thing like a little raid. Lots of content coming out of something that could be relatively simple to implement. No more fishing.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Switching back to monk main for the rest of the season. It's better support for the speed rifts people have been doing and apparently it's essential for farming high GR keys.

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/di...ctuary/115843-trial-key-64-with-monk-in-group

3 piece Wuko
2 piece inna's
Gungdo
Witching Hour
Crudest
Utar & Fist of Az
Rorg, Convention of elements, Hellfire (could also go Travelers/Compass Rose)

EP - Cold
Fire Ally
DS - Quickening
Conviction - Overawe
Blinding Flash - Faith in the Light
Epiphany - DS

Interesting note about the stategy with CoE there. Apparently trial rounds line up with the timing of the rotation well (20 seconds) so it's possible to hit each round with a palm cast with the cold bonus and keep that going.

Addnan

Switching back to monk main for the rest of the season. It's better support for the speed rifts people have been doing and apparently it's essential for farming high GR keys.

Very much debatable about the Monk vs double DH for speed rifts. Personally prefer double DH, we were getting 49s down with 10 key upgrades.

I did a 41 greater rift using the Natalya strafe build with about 5 minutes spare and thought might as well give 42 a shot. It was literally a billion times worse. Open the rift and there's a pack of phase beasts with reflect swarming. First off, fuck reflect. I'm in situation where I can get one shot by anything (or two shot every minute) and I'm not supposed to eliminate the threat? These enemies are designed to swarm on you, you can't kite them. Anyway, I just booked it to the next floor and it was the longest act 2 tunnel I've seen in my life. The whole way it was fallen shamans (the ones that summon other fallen and cast those obnoxiously large fireballs), sand wasps (lol) and those enemies that explode and leave the poison gas cloud (why didn't I wear my mara). So basically it was like playing a Cave shooter for a good 10+ minutes. By the time I got to the rift guardian the countdown was on and I killed it moments after. The rift guardian was legitimately the easiest part of the rift by an enormous margin.

Are there any videos of people doing straight up asshole rifts at high 40s/50s? All the high ranked videos I've seen are cherry picked babby rifts.

Insaniac

I did a 41 greater rift using the Natalya strafe build with about 5 minutes spare and thought might as well give 42 a shot. It was literally a billion times worse. Open the rift and there's a pack of phase beasts with reflect swarming. First off, fuck reflect. I'm in situation where I can get one shot by anything (or two shot every minute) and I'm not supposed to eliminate the threat? These enemies are designed to swarm on you, you can't kite them. Anyway, I just booked it to the next floor and it was the longest act 2 tunnel I've seen in my life. The whole way it was fallen shamans (the ones that summon other fallen and cast those obnoxiously large fireballs), sand wasps (lol) and those enemies that explode and leave the poison gas cloud (why didn't I wear my mara). So basically it was like playing a Cave shooter for a good 10+ minutes. By the time I got to the rift guardian the countdown was on and I killed it moments after. The rift guardian was legitimately the easiest part of the rift by an enormous margin.

Are there any videos of people doing straight up asshole rifts at high 40s/50s? All the high ranked videos I've seen are cherry picked babby rifts.

Nope, sometimes you get lucky sometimes you don't. Nat6 has a horrible time with RD, like most glass cannon builds. I've had absolutely terrible rifts with 3 packs of reflect damage, mortars, it was terrible.

It's a good example of the weird things that come out of a system like this. The person who posted the guide even said he'd rather have pylons taken out of the picture.

Since the one second freeze from CW:Tsunami doesn't work well on elites, the build just focuses on regular mobs. Why bother with the elites at all? I wonder if there are builds for the other classes out there which could use a similar strategy and clear higher rift levels as a result. It's cheesy, but it works.

I remember a long time ago the devs were talking about static "challenge maps" where everything is the same each time. I think that would be great. They could build layouts with interesting rooms that are set up differently with different spawn types, put a few specific pylons at strategic points, and have people compete for times to clear the whole thing on its own leaderboard. People could talk about clearing strategies and run the whole thing like a little raid. Lots of content coming out of something that could be relatively simple to implement. No more fishing.

It's stupid. Running past elites to mow up trash is a good strat as well, but it's also stupid. I don't want to play the game running by elites I don't like the combo of because they'll slow me down.

I don't hate the GR system by any means either. It's just my one gripe with it really.

Cool. I actually saw cows on a GR for my fist time this season.

Tried to do a GR36 today, was a disaster. Normal enemies are completely fine but elites just destroy me, 2 elites had a thunderstorm/jailer combo that just destroyed me even though I have SS, I don't know if it was me not positioning myself well enough or just needing better gear. Still beat it in 22.5 minutes even though I died a billion times, I either need more damage or I need to play better as I don't think it matters how tanky I am(DH).

Tried to do a GR36 today, was a disaster. Normal enemies are completely fine but elites just destroy me, 2 elites had a thunderstorm/jailer combo that just destroyed me even though I have SS, I don't know if it was me not positioning myself well enough or just needing better gear. Still beat it in 22.5 minutes even though I died a billion times, I either need more damage or I need to play better as I don't think it matters how tanky I am(DH).

As I complained before ... A lot of times the best strat in a GR is to completely pass up an elite pack if it's got wild affixes. Just keep mowing down whites until you get to a pack that's manageable.

Looking at the anniversary event video it seems pretty underwhelming. Better then nothing I guess. Will probably do it once then forget about it.

Could be a nice change of pace if I needed to farm rift keys again but I don't.

Celegus

Looking at the anniversary event video it seems pretty underwhelming. Better then nothing I guess. Will probably do it once then forget about it.

Could be a nice change of pace if I needed to farm rift keys again but I don't.

The what? I don't see anything on battle.net or in the launcher.

Dahbomb

Can't believe Quin69 beat GR58 in Seasons with a Pig Sticker off hand weapon. Never would I have thought that weapon would be pushing rank 1 GRs.

One of the best examples of a generally shit Legendary being used properly to min max.

Can't believe Quin69 beat GR58 in Seasons with a Pig Sticker off hand weapon. Never would I have thought that weapon would be pushing rank 1 GRs.

One of the best examples of a generally shit Legendary being used properly to min max.

Glad I am not playing a Monk this season because I salvaged a pretty damn good ancient pig sticker not too long ago, dropped on my DH.

Dahbomb

Glad I am not playing a Monk this season because I salvaged a pretty damn good ancient pig sticker not too long ago, dropped on my DH.
You don't really need it. Flying Dragon works as well but Pig Sticker gives you bonus against Stonesinger which people try to fish for in higher GRs.

You don't really need it. Flying Dragon works as well but Pig Sticker gives you bonus against Stonesinger which people try to fish for in higher GRs.

Cool thanks. Something to keep in mind for next season when I plan to play Monk and Crusader!

Get home around 5pm tonight from my week away for work and there is maintenance starting 6pm and going until 10:30pm. Doh!

Dahbomb

what? I thought it just made noises lol.
It does 30% increased damage against beasts and 30% increased damage against Humans/Humanoid. That damage is multiplicative. There are some Rift Guardian on which this applies to like Kulle, Rat King and Stonesinger which greatly cuts down your Rift times if you get those specific bosses.

Admodieus

How viable is a Shield Bash build for Crusaders and what gear does it take to make it work? I'm coming back to the game after taking a hiatus right before Season 1 started. My Crusader was a Darklight-wielding Firestarter build back then that can still clear T3 without breaking a sweat.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It's been a while since I played. Any benefit of playing a Seasonal character other than exclusive legendaries? Also, what's a good DH build. Any sites I can use or anything?

eek5

It's been a while since I played. Any benefit of playing a Seasonal character other than exclusive legendaries? Also, what's a good DH build. Any sites I can use or anything?

It's the only place you can play with that eek guy. Hes such a great guy.

The only reason I'm playing seasons is cause my old buddies are. lol

Also ... the other night I got a regular rift that had two goblin packs on the same map. Each grouping had its own shard goblin too. Good times.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I'm totally out of the loop here, what is the anniversary buff, goblins spawn cow rift portals?

No. When doing bounties you might encounter a special enemy randomly. If you kill it, a red portal appears. Leads you to Not the Cow Level, which is full of cow enemies (duh). Honestly the only noteworthy aspect of that area is that it's got many chests. It's essentially like the goblin vault, except 20 times worse. Completely useless.

MrDaravon

No. When doing bounties you might encounter a special enemy randomly. If you kill it, a red portal appears. Leads you to Not the Cow Level, which is full of cow enemies (duh). Honestly the only noteworthy aspect of that area is that it's got many chests. It's essentially like the goblin vault, except 20 times worse. Completely useless.

Yeah I just watch modz's video on it, how incredibly disappointing. Can't believe they didn't even do an xp/mf buff or anything.

neoism

Wow fuck this cow level :( can't find this fucker.... No ones on either 600+ ppl on t6 :/
Worst buff ever ... Should of had gold and exp plus this cow level... Waste of a 3 anniversary...

JoeMartin

I got 4 of them in 2 hours running split t6 bounties.

v0v

You kill a bunch of cows and open a bunch of resplendent chests. It was actually rather underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom