• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

klaushm

Someone else haveing a problem with today's update?

Sudenly, my Diablo 3 edition started to download a 1.178 GB update.

Now my game is on Spanish, even my PS4 system been on English, and my PSN account been a Brazilian account. We talk Portuguese and not Spanish.

I've tried changing my language, and it worked, but, don't work for English. The game stays on Spanish.

Yup, already deleted the game, already rebuild my system database, already restarted it.

If it helps, I have the phisical edition.

Managed GR42 with Cru scraps I got from barb carries and zdps cru lol. Not bad

Rolands is pretty fun/sketchy

Yeah roland's is a very strong and flexible set for both solo and speedgrifts. Did a 57 solo the other day getting rank 5 in eu without much effort with a pretty low ancient flense and some other ancients that are not quite BiS.

By the end of the season i see roland's capping at 62ish with BiS gear and high lvl gems.

Played for a few hours every day since the cow portal event went live, and never got a single one - spent most of the time playing on T6, yesterday I dropped it to T1 for two hours just to see. Nothing. Did full clears of Act 1 on Story, did multiple act clears on Adventure mode, nothing.

Was the cow portal thing an actual gag, or what? Because from my POV, they don't exist.

eek5

Yeah roland's is a very strong and flexible set for both solo and speedgrifts. Did a 57 solo the other day getting rank 5 in eu without much effort with a pretty low ancient flense and some other ancients that are not quite BiS.

By the end of the season i see roland's capping at 62ish with BiS gear and high lvl gems.

My biggest problem is shield bashing into those guys that explode on death. I can't move out of the way fast enough. Also clearing trash is a pain in the ass :/

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
My biggest problem is shield bashing into those guys that explode on death. I can't move out of the way fast enough. Also clearing trash is a pain in the ass :/

The sweep attack version is great for that. Only problem there is dealing with rift guardians.

Another nice thing about Roland's crusaders is how well they stack for loot sharing. 3 of them can each have a different law with a pretty good effect (50% move speed with moving through enemies, nearly double toughness), the crowd control gets even more reliable, and the damage is still solid.

Bash is for single target dmg only (or for limited aoe if you play the fire spec) and it's better for group play imo. The highest i managed to clear solo with bash and f+r was 52 a month or so ago. From then on it's been sweep since it's more consistent imo bar some awful map types/mob combos.

The pain with Horrors (i assume that's the mob you have trouble with) is real. Only thing you can do is chain-bash another enemy away from the horror's explosion aoe.

Stevey

Played for a few hours every day since the cow portal event went live, and never got a single one - spent most of the time playing on T6, yesterday I dropped it to T1 for two hours just to see. Nothing. Did full clears of Act 1 on Story, did multiple act clears on Adventure mode, nothing.

Was the cow portal thing an actual gag, or what? Because from my POV, they don't exist.

You didn't miss a lot really, I got one and had no desire to try and get another.

eek5

Ah damn didn't even realize there was a sweep version of Rolands. Missing the flail/shield combo though.. maybe I can find some cru lootshares to leech from :3

Radec

Juat play T6 public bounties. You or your party will encounter one in no time. They don't open in rifts btw.

Juat play T6 public bounties. You or your party will encounter one in no time. They don't open in rifts btw.

From the 15th until yesterday I played T6 bounties every day for 2+ hours a day.

Never got one. Checking the forums and twitter, seems a lot of people never got a single portal, and the Blizzard team is "examining the event and will make adjustments for next time", lol.

Kiru

How do people reach T6...? I never ever came close to that. I play for some hours and I get 0 items to upgrade my stats. I lose motivation... :/

Addnan

How do people reach T6...? I never ever came close to that. I play for some hours and I get 0 items to upgrade my stats. I lose motivation... :/

Just takes time. Farm at the torment level you can and then start collecting the set pieces for your class. From what I can see you are para 73 in s3 right now and so unless someone else is carrying you through T6 you shouldn't be able to do it really. Since you seem to be a wizard start saving all the Tal rasha, fire bird and Delsere set, all those can clear T6 nicely.

Kiru

Just takes time. Farm at the torment level you can and then start collecting the set pieces for your class. From what I can see you are para 73 in s3 right now and so unless someone else is carrying you through T6 you shouldn't be able to do it really. Since you seem to be a wizard start saving all the Tal rasha, fire bird and Delsere set, all those can clear T6 nicely.
Hmm ok. No great luck with drops yet, not even a good weapon.^^

EDIT: Got Tal Rasha offhand through Kadala. Now to get a good 1-Hand weapon...

Lain

Finally got the monk I started at the release of D3 to 70 a couple days ago. Now I'm trying to find some items and I'm wondering if the Inna set (of which I got 4 pieces) is as lackluster as it looks to me.

Raticus79

Finally got the monk I started at the release of D3 to 70 a couple days ago. Now I'm trying to find some items and I'm wondering if the Inna set (of which I got 4 pieces) is as lackluster as it looks to me.

Yeah, the Inna's 6 piece bonus is pointless, even with Crudest Boots for two allies. 2-3x damage compared to 6x with Sunwuko set (and that's for a 4 piece bonus).

Jedi2016

Took me a while, for sure. But I'm right at the raggedy edge.. I can run T6 (Barbarian) depending on what weapon I'm carrying. I have a good Ancient Skorn that wrecks shit, but I also have both BK weapons that gives me more fun and crazy times with Whirlwind. But they're non-Ancient and not very good rolls, so it's a pretty big drop in damage, meaning I suddenly die a lot in T6 because I just can't kill most things fast enough. I can rip through T5 like mincemeat, though.

Baliis

For the most part, it's just getting your set. The bonuses are so powerful they'll get you into t6 for the most part.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

Out of curiosity, what paragon level are you? How long have you been playing with your main character?

There are 3 fairly simple steps that will help you improve your character by leaps and bounds:
1) Get a decent weapon. Not necessarily an ancient, but one with a socket (which you can enchant anyway) and decent stats/good legendary affixes.
2) Get a Ring of Royal Grandeur and 3 pieces of a given set. Most classes have sets that start to become really interesting if you have 4 pieces. That means you actually need only 3 if you do Act 1 bounties and get the RoRG through Act 1 horadric caches (which isn't hard to accomplish). The RoRG lowers the set pieces requirement needed to gain the corresponding set bonus. So with a RoRG and 3 pieces of a given set, you get the 4-piece bonus.
3) Get legendary gems. You get those with greater rifts. They're a guaranteed drop on GR bosses, even at Greaert Rift Level 1, and you can only drop a leg gem that you don't already have in your equipment or stash, meaning you'll always get the gems you want eventually. You can socket them on rings and amulets, so you can have 3 different leg gems at the same time, and trust me, they make a huge difference, more than any given stat. The trick is to open a GR Trial and leave immediately so you can start from GR1 and work your way up.

Once you do those 3 steps you should at least be able to do T3 or T4.

[EDIT] A few more tips:
- Use Kadala to gamble for equipment. You need bloodshards, and you'll get those mostly through greater rifts and bounties. Kadala has a high legendary drop rate, and you can drop any leg in the game. However, only use it for armor pieces and off-hands, not rings, amulets or weapons. Those cost too much and are too unreliable.
- Do public games with people slightly above your own character. Not too much, otherwise they'll kick you out or leave because you're slowing them down. You'll get more XP, potentially more loot if they share with you, and you'll get through rifts faster.

Kiru

Took me a while, for sure. But I'm right at the raggedy edge.. I can run T6 (Barbarian) depending on what weapon I'm carrying. I have a good Ancient Skorn that wrecks shit, but I also have both BK weapons that gives me more fun and crazy times with Whirlwind. But they're non-Ancient and not very good rolls, so it's a pretty big drop in damage, meaning I suddenly die a lot in T6 because I just can't kill most things fast enough. I can rip through T5 like mincemeat, though.

For the most part, it's just getting your set. The bonuses are so powerful they'll get you into t6 for the most part.

Out of curiosity, what paragon level are you? How long have you been playing with your main character?

There are 3 fairly simple steps that will help you improve your character by leaps and bounds:
1) Get a decent weapon. Not necessarily an ancient, but one with a socket (which you can enchant anyway) and decent stats/good legendary affixes.
2) Get a Ring of Royal Grandeur and 3 pieces of a given set. Most classes have sets that start to become really interesting if you have 4 pieces. That means you actually need only 3 if you do Act 1 bounties and get the RoRG through Act 1 horadric caches (which isn't hard to accomplish). The RoRG lowers the set pieces requirement needed to gain the corresponding set bonus. So with a RoRG and 3 pieces of a given set, you get the 4-piece bonus.
3) Get legendary gems. You get those with greater rifts. They're a guaranteed drop on GR bosses, even at Greaert Rift Level 1, and you can only drop a leg gem that you don't already have in your equipment or stash, meaning you'll always get the gems you want eventually. You can socket them on rings and amulets, so you can have 3 different leg gems at the same time, and trust me, they make a huge difference, more than any given stat. The trick is to open a GR Trial and leave immediately so you can start from GR1 and work your way up.

Once you do those 3 steps you should at least be able to do T3 or T4.

[EDIT] A few more tips:
- Use Kadala to gamble for equipment. You need bloodshards, and you'll get those mostly through greater rifts and bounties. Kadala has a high legendary drop rate, and you can drop any leg in the game. However, only use it for armor pieces and off-hands, not rings, amulets or weapons. Those cost too much and are too unreliable.
- Do public games with people slightly above your own character. Not too much, otherwise they'll kick you out or leave because you're slowing them down. You'll get more XP, potentially more loot if they share with you, and you'll get through rifts faster.

Thanks for the tips. Paragon level 74 on this seasonal character right now. Can only play T1 without getting too much trouble farming stuff. I know about the ring, no luck yet on this character. Also I have not completed a GR on my own yet. Will try one soon. Was close to completing a lvl 11 one, but then my internet got disconnected and progress was gone. :(

yamo

Played a couple hours the same day the buff went live and got at least 2 portals (T6 Bounties). But as some people already mentioned you didn't miss much.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Thanks for the tips. Paragon level 74 on this seasonal character right now. Can only play T1 without getting too much trouble farming stuff. I know about the ring, no luck yet on this character. Also I have not completed a GR on my own yet. Will try one soon. Was close to completing a lvl 11 one, but then my internet got disconnected and progress was gone. :(

Try GR1. It's easy for someone who can do T1.
Are you on EU GAF ? Add me: Beru#1678. I'm playing a bit right now

Speedhoven

Neo Member
Very stupid question.

If i buy D3 on Amazon.com at the moment when its on sale, will i get some key so i can download it and start to play or do i have to wait untill it gets shipped?

Yuuichi

Very stupid question.

If i buy D3 on Amazon.com at the moment when its on sale, will i get some key so i can download it and start to play or do i have to wait untill it gets shipped?

You've got to wait for it to get shipped, Only blizzard sells actual downloads of their own games.

Nice avatar btw.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Is playing with randoms still a bad idea?

What do you mean, bad idea? Btw the PC version has barely any hacking, if at all.
Depends on how you go about it and what you need to do. It's great for bounties, wardens and speedrifts, unreliable for Grifts (it can be good if you end up with high paragon characters including a good tank/buffers, typically a monk or crusader, with a dps dh/barb/wiz).

Lain

Yeah, the Inna's 6 piece bonus is pointless, even with Crudest Boots for two allies. 2-3x damage compared to 6x with Sunwuko set (and that's for a 4 piece bonus).

So Raiment or mixing Sunwuko with Inna 4p (which I like how it plays) is the way to go I guess.

I found some more Raiment pieces today so now I have 5 of them (still missing the legs) and I also found a nice RROG so I gave the Raiment set a try and I liked the Dashing Strike mobility and damage. I managed to complete a GR31, although it was a sad sight with how much I died.

What do you mean, bad idea? Btw the PC version has barely any hacking, if at all.
Depends on how you go about it and what you need to do. It's great for bounties, wardens and speedrifts, unreliable for Grifts (it can be good if you end up with high paragon characters including a good tank/buffers, typically a monk or crusader, with a dps dh/barb/wiz).

I read somewhere (possibly here but I can't even remember) that the console games were hacked and playing with randoms can over-level you.

P.S. I could very possibly not know what I'm talking about.

Vicros

Greater Rift 50 down. Not too impressive but it feels good to be out of the potato league. Pretty sure I can do a 53ish with the right luck. Its becoming more of a dice roll with mob type/density.

x8xfZii.jpg

Keystones are really becoming a pain though. We need to grind up a whole bunch of trial stones one of these days.

Yuuichi

I saw gamestop selling keys last week on sale.

m.gamestop.com/catalog/product/113384

I wasn't aware gamestop sold keys, so this is news to me too. Blizzard is extremely conservative with digital listings and sales so this actually does come as a bit of a surprise.

The more you know.

mackaveli

just recently got the game,

I can't find a website with dedicated console builds, does anyone have a decent demon hunter build for T3/T4 that I can use?

eek5

just recently got the game,

I can't find a website with dedicated console builds, does anyone have a decent demon hunter build for T3/T4 that I can use?

Before T6 you basically just have to pick skills that work well with the gear you're finding. There aren't T1, T2, T3, etc. builds. Just have fun with it.. idk what else to say lol

Speedhoven

Neo Member
Got the game from another site. Its kind of fun i guess, but too easy. Got a legendary weapon with 57 in levlel 11 so now i just one hit everything... and i have yet to used a single potion. lol.

Celegus

Got the game from another site. Its kind of fun i guess, but too easy. Got a legendary weapon with 57 in levlel 11 so now i just one hit everything... and i have yet to used a single potion. lol.

Are you playing on normal? Because normal is a complete joke, even for a fresh character. Time to bump it up!

Addnan

ACT 1 was a joke on normal for sure. Did not even use 1 potion. Just stood there and killed EVERYTING.

Yeah, the early game is really easy and then if you bump up the difficulty it can quickly become too hard. It's a weird balance, depends how much challenge you want. Will just have to jump between difficulties based on what gear you have.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Did they give any date on no more trials ? ;/
I wanna farm GRs but trials just fucking suck

Blizzard want to get rid of trials for GRs? How will they work then? You just choose the rank you want prior to starting it?

My barbarian has some issues surviving in GRs around 20(not solo, i play with my gf, so monsters are a little tougher). Mind you, he's been 70 just recently, so i don't have full set of anything with the best gems available. But is there specific skills or passives that can greatly help survival? Should I just put only diamond gems into my sockets?

Raticus79

Blizzard want to get rid of trials for GRs? How will they work then? You just choose the rank you want prior to starting it?

They said their internal builds already don't have trials, but didn't say what's in place instead. They did make it clear they didn't want players to simply choose from a dropdown list of greater rift levels.

In general, future patches should arrive between seasons, so this most likely won't be until after this season ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom