• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Temporarily left the clan. Trying to find other Aussies to spam GR's to build up 50+ keys, pretty hard doing it with 300+ping as most of the GAF clan is America.

Anyone I have been playing with that wants to keep playing feel free to add VWdreWzbie#6802 to your friends list.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Put in a request for the GAF clan. Haven't played in almost a year and was still in one of the overflow clans haha.

kuYuri

What do I reroll for +dmg on this IK? I feel like it should be LoH.

iSrpnF5.png

Holy shit. This multishot set is dumb as hell once you get focus + restraint. Didn't even enchant them from the crappy stats they started off with. Put them on and was immediately getting 400m crits and then double crits after 60% from dead man's. I'm still missing discipline on my weapon and if I can get an ancient one I don't see why I couldn't be doing 700+

Tough as a wet noodle though. How do people do rifts like this? Those phantom guys that fly around doing the soul suck are impossible to avoid.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Much thanks to the awesome folks who helped power level my crusader to 70 and also got me started with some gear. You are all awesome <3

Wallach

Holy shit. This multishot set is dumb as hell once you get focus + restraint. Didn't even enchant them from the crappy stats they started off with. Put them on and was immediately getting 400m crits and then double crits after 60% from dead man's. I'm still missing discipline on my weapon and if I can get an ancient one I don't see why I couldn't be doing 700+

Tough as a wet noodle though. How do people do rifts like this? Those phantom guys that fly around doing the soul suck are impossible to avoid.

Kill everything from off-screen, apply Smoke Screen to forehead liberally. Die a lot anyway.

Kill everything from off-screen, apply Smoke Screen to forehead liberally. Die a lot anyway.

Truth. Although I don't use smoke screen with UE, careful use of vault instead to minimise damage loss from using discipline. Maybe I should try swap smoke screen in, doubt lightning elites will become any easier though.

I find nats to be stronger than UE, also easier to survive(not to say that it is easy to survive, just easier). Though I do seem to have a game play issue I cannot figure out when using UE as I keep reading people critical for 2b etc yet I can only reach 1.3b max. Gear isn't perfect but certainly should be gr50 capable.

Addnan

Truth. Although I don't use smoke screen with UE, careful use of vault instead to minimise damage loss from using discipline. Maybe I should try swap smoke screen in, doubt lightning elites will become any easier though.

I find nats to be stronger than UE, also easier to survive(not to say that it is easy to survive, just easier). Though I do seem to have a game play issue I cannot figure out when using UE as I keep reading people critical for 2b etc yet I can only reach 1.3b max. Gear isn't perfect but certainly should be gr50 capable.

if trapped, zeis and cull is being procd you should be he hitting crits for 2.5b+ because of ballistics with Arsenal.

if trapped, zeis and cull is being procd you should be he hitting crits for 2.5b+ because of ballistics with Arsenal.

Hmm, nope. Max I have seen is 1.6b. Maybe I should record a highish level grift, must be doing something wrong. Would also explain why I am stuck around GR48 with UE when similar geared people are breaking 50.

Odd how Nat's is suppose to be the harder style to play yet I find it so much easier haha.

After a short break I got back into this and finally found the set gloves to finish my UE set(ancient gloves too!). The items themselves aren't amazing but the set bonus alone got me from struggling at GR20 to easily beating GR26(even though I was dying a bunch but I blame that on the boss being seemingly tailored to shit on Demon Hunters). One thing I can't figure out though, what skills do I get when using UE? My whole gameplan is to be able to spam multishot as much as possible while not using lots of discipline. That means I can't really use anything that drains my hatred or discipline, so what do I get? I'm also a bit lost on passives.

Right now I went for
smoke screen(uses discipline but it's too good)
Vault(the one with cd but no discipline cost)
Vengeance(need something better here now that I abandoned cd reduction)
multishot(duh)
Pet summon thing: wolf

What do

After a short break I got back into this and finally found the set gloves to finish my UE set(ancient gloves too!). The items themselves aren't amazing but the set bonus alone got me from struggling at GR20 to easily beating GR26(even though I was dying a bunch but I blame that on the boss being seemingly tailored to shit on Demon Hunters). One thing I can't figure out though, what skills do I get when using UE? My whole gameplan is to be able to spam multishot as much as possible while not using lots of discipline. That means I can't really use anything that drains my hatred or discipline, so what do I get? I'm also a bit lost on passives.

Right now I went for
smoke screen(uses discipline but it's too good)
Vault(the one with cd but no discipline cost)
Vengeance(need something better here now that I abandoned cd reduction)
multishot(duh)
Pet summon thing: wolf

What do

I'd suggest only using 1 of SS or Vault, I personally use vault with rune that reduces cost if used again straight away. Alot of others use SS.

Marked For Death is commonly used. I vary between Mortal Enemy(more hatred regen) or if I am feeling lazy contagion(spreads it automatically).

Preperation with Invigoration rune - Permanently gives you 15 more disc = amazing synergy with the set bonus. This one is pretty much a must have.

Gems: Most common probably Zeis, Iceblink, Bane of the Trapped

Passives: Cull of the Weak(synergises with bott gem, proc'd by follower and evasire fire/iceblink gem), Ballistics(if fire, arsenal rune on multishot), Awareness(maybe ambush if doing lower level grifts/t6 and not dying alot), Steady Aim(synergises with zeis gem, keep yourself distanced from enemies)

Anarchs, Winged Assassins, Those little green bug things, 2x yellow lightning packs in 2 levels of a 50. Fuck this.

Thanks for the tips Stephen, took some of your advice and already doing better. Sadly Iceblink seems to be Seasons only so I can't get that.

Tried to go for GR30 and was doing well in the damage department, but constant deaths meant I couldn't beat the timer. I died like 13 times(I had to go fix my items and come back to beat the guardian rofl) but was still only 2.5 minutes over the limit. Need to figure out a way to be more survivable, don't know how to do that except by simply getting better gear(get ancient versions of my set I guess).

Radec

So.. what's with the rollback hellfire mats exploit ?

only heard it from quin's stream.

seems like people are using the automatic rollback option here after crafting hellfires to getback their mats and craft again.

Addnan

You get 100 uber mats, craft 100 (well it can be more or less) and if they are all shit do an auto roll back. Not sure if that is worth the risk.

Sober

I'd suggest only using 1 of SS or Vault, I personally use vault with rune that reduces cost if used again straight away. Alot of others use SS.

Marked For Death is commonly used. I vary between Mortal Enemy(more hatred regen) or if I am feeling lazy contagion(spreads it automatically).

Preperation with Invigoration rune - Permanently gives you 15 more disc = amazing synergy with the set bonus. This one is pretty much a must have.

Gems: Most common probably Zeis, Iceblink, Bane of the Trapped

Passives: Cull of the Weak(synergises with bott gem, proc'd by follower and evasire fire/iceblink gem), Ballistics(if fire, arsenal rune on multishot), Awareness(maybe ambush if doing lower level grifts/t6 and not dying alot), Steady Aim(synergises with zeis gem, keep yourself distanced from enemies)

Anarchs, Winged Assassins, Those little green bug things, 2x yellow lightning packs in 2 levels of a 50. Fuck this.
I would level a Gizzard and maybe even a Moratorium gem if you keep getting gibbed instantly. I would also assume a can't die Templar would help (I still don't have a relic for it, but I got like 6 Gifts this season LOL).

Iceblink/BOTT is nice cause that causes stupid damage but if you are soloing I feel like Zei's is the only hard requirement either way. Learn to shoot through chokepoints or kite away. Gizzard is great cause the shield is a decent buffer between a ground effect outright killing you and the time it takes you to vault/SS away.

Solo I use Arsenal Multishot, I think it probably still beats out Full Broadside except vs. single targets (cause of how missiles work). Steady Aim/Awareness are non-negotiable. I dropped CtW (no slows, not using BOTT/Iceblink) for ballistics and Ambush. First hit of Multishot can proc the second if it does enough damage, I've noticed. MS a large enough hp pool (say like 600m), the first crits for 500m and the second will hit right then and there. I guess maybe single out is decent enough if trash isn't an issue.

Can I enter the infernal machine portal of a friend when I don't have the infernal machine myself? We kind of don't want to risk it since she can't handle the ubers on T6 on her own.

Edit: we tried it, it works.

You get 100 uber mats, craft 100 (well it can be more or less) and if they are all shit do an auto roll back. Not sure if that is worth the risk.

I think the whole hellfire concept needs a major re-working. The farming of the mats is boring. Really really boring. The fights are a joke if you can do GR30+ solo. I feel like the fights should be tougher at higher levels that guarantee a drop and I feel like the mats should be easier to farm at higher levels (maybe make the keywardens tougher and increase drop rate). As it stands the mats are boring to farm and the fights are yawn inducing. I've rolled nothing but shit hellfiire ammy's too so the rinse and repeat of this process is terrible.

I don't want to lose my account so I'm not going to even entertain this idea, but I'm not gonna lie that this is one of those moments where I've though to myself that the risk might be worth the reward. lol

Fuck farming hellfire mats.

Radec

I'd settle for 100% drop rate on the keys from keywarden.

That shit is ridiculous when you explore the whole map finding the keywarden only to find out he won't drop a key.

I'd settle for 100% drop rate on the keys from keywarden.

That shit is ridiculous when you explore the whole map finding the keywarden only to find out he won't drop a key.

Act II was so brutal for me the other night.

I definitely feel the keys should be the easier of the two.

Not quite haha, this is more the EU sub division :p. Which isn't as hard out, but still para 650+ needed and some other stuff.

Ah right. Still cool. Not sure if he has changed the rules or not but it would be minimum 800 now on US/Sea,crazy. I'm on route for 600 but now only being home 2 days a week has put a big halt on progression.

Forgot about that there was the weekly maintainence.

Just before the game went down I found my first ever kridershot along with a nat slayer and the rain of vengeance belt which gives me everything I need for that build. Also found 2 calamitys and a witching hour yesterday. Pretty good luck with this DH. The seed is strong.

IceMarker

Forgot about that there was the weekly maintainence.

Just before the game went down I found my first ever kridershot along with a nat slayer and the rain of vengeance belt which gives me everything I need for that build. Also found 2 calamitys and a witching hour yesterday. Pretty good luck with this DH. The seed is strong.

My luck is rubbing off on you.
All of it.

Radec

Posted by Grimiku
Hey guys! Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback about scaling damage in Greater Rifts. One of the key goals of Greater Rifts is that they serve as a form of measuring stick for a characters power growth, and we feel that scaling damage is a very important element of their ability to function in this way. That said, we&#8217;re currently looking at our options for some possible adjustments to how this damage scales in the future.

We&#8217;re looking to disable permanent Crowd Control in an upcoming content patch to create more interaction with monsters at higher Greater Rifts levels. To complement that change, we will be also be evaluating how much damage monsters are dealing to players in that environment. One of our goals in the next major patch is to provide a more consistent Greater Rift experience while making sure that defensive Legendary items still matter.

RIP ZDPS soon ?

Ah right. Still cool. Not sure if he has changed the rules or not but it would be minimum 800 now on US/Sea,crazy. I'm on route for 600 but now only being home 2 days a week has put a big halt on progression.

I think they changed the rules in US now.

Its not paragon XXX to join. Its GR depending on your class.

That clan is ridiculously stacked now with Gabynator and Klanster already in it too.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I finished getting the basics in place for the "God monk" build last night. Crazy stuff!

I used breath of heaven: infused with light and spirit generation is so fast that the In-Geom is barely even necessary. I can see why so many people just use a Flying Dragon instead.

RIP ZDPS soon?

RIP Tiki doctor, for sure. Other zDPS builds for buffing the damage of other group members will stick around.

RIP ZDPS soon ?

I think they changed the rules in US now.

Its not paragon XXX to join. Its GR depending on your class.

That clan is ridiculously stacked now with Gabynator and Klanster already in it too.

Might have to check it out again then. Though I doubt even 52 on DH will be enough for them lol. Especially a Kriderless DH.

DNA certainly took a hit. Wonder if Alk will join now. Did notice the other day he was classless but he mentioned on stream it was due to wanting to chill out a bit more.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Well reddit just freaked me out by posting the D2 ladder reset. Read it as D3 and was surprised by how short it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom