• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst an XP/Gold buff might have been more useful(well, gold is probably irrelevant) I am glad they tried to do something more then just slap a multiplier on a particular stat.

I think what they needed to do was tie a buff to the event. Maybe something like in the cow event cows drop a good amount of materials(favouring blue/whites). Not so much that you do it once or twice and you have like 10k of each but enough to make people feel like it's worth repeatively farming this event for a couple of days.

Could also on top of that add in "Your first kill of the cow queen(whatever its called) each day grants you 1 gem upgrade".

Maybe something more suited towards the people stuck in lower torments that play solo(and thus not carried), doing X has a very rare chance to allow you to boost one gem straight to 25. Not sure what they could do here without making it OP but it would be interesting.

A bonus legendary drop rate probably also would have satisfied people but I would have preferred something more interesting like the above.

Finally got one, best thing was the blues. But isn't enough to justify looking for it again. Took me about an hour for ~80 dust lol.

EDIT: Just beat my GR52 14:14 time and got 8:33. 54 shouldn't be a problem if I just had the keys.. sigh

Addnan

Finally got one, best thing was the blues. But isn't enough to justify looking for it again. Took me about an hour for ~80 dust lol.

EDIT: Just beat my GR52 14:14 time and got 8:33. 54 shouldn't be a problem if I just had the keys.. sigh
Nice work. Best way to get keys is to speed farm 10 levels below the keys you want. We have been blasting 46 and 47s sub 3:30 and getting 56/57 keys. Great way to get them.

Nice work. Best way to get keys is to speed farm 10 levels below the keys you want. We have been blasting 46 and 47s sub 3:30 and getting 56/57 keys. Great way to get them.

Thanks.

Blasting...spoken like a true Juicer ;)

I need to find a competent group. Pretty much every group that comes up in the clan are just running 40-42, So i've got about 20 52 keys atm. 0 53 lol.

Addnan

Thanks.

I need to find a competent group. Pretty much every group that comes up in the clan are just running 40-42, So i've got about 20 52 keys atm. 0 53 lol.

Spam in the GR community asking for groups running paragon 600+ double DH, crus and barb setup. That will get you the most efficient sub 3min runs.

the cow level is fucking bullshit. all it showed is how fucking useless resplendent chests have become.

I agree that resplendent chests should be more valuable, but me and a friend had a lot of luck in the cow level, She got like 7/8 legendaries and I got 3, none of them useful of course but still.

eek5

Spam in the GR community asking for groups running paragon 600+ double DH, crus and barb setup. That will get you the most efficient sub 3min runs.

What builds are the cru/barb/dh using? :(

Thanks.

If you need 53 just ask lol. Diff between 40 and 43 is negligible to me.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
6dIbUma.png

So I finally got an in-geom to drop for my monk....

What the fuck blizzard.

Duress

GRifted with a monk and two demon hunters. The monk complained I pulled an extra elite pack and screwed everybody. I asked him if he explicitly said any thing ahead of time. No he did not. Peope who join pugs can't cry complain. They had a choice.I can't keep track of the cluster fuck of dudes. Told him to fuck off and left. /blog

DH(nats) GR53 11:58. Glad I progressed to 53 before I go away for week for another week. Got knocked out of Top 1000 during the previous week, now back to 400 something.

Was a bad rift too. 2 reflect packs which I had to deal with(I just completely fuck up the rift if I try skip anything), only one slightly useful pylon which was a conduit(had a speed which I ignored and a invulnerable pylon on the boss but I didnt take damage anyway). The first level was also full of the shitty little green bug things.

what a beast. congrats

Lol, thanks man. I ended up just going in with 6 keys. Got it on the 3rd.

My first run I was killing it, was on 90% around 9minutes. Then I got reflect, shielded thunderstorm. That ruined me. I can deal with most elites in the end, as long as I don't have too much other stuff pulled, but that was just too bad of a combo.

Addnan

What builds are the cru/barb/dh using? :(
These are the barb and crusader I run with almost everyday. My Demon Hunter is just standard multishot setup for these runs. The second DH is also usually just a multishot player, but sometimes the physical RoV too. These end up being very consistent 46/47s and if the 48s are not complete dog shit can get those to 10 key upgrades too.
QZavVug.png
GsCfQNq.png

Celegus

Found the cow level last night since I'm almost out of rift shards anyway and wow was that underwhelming. T6 is such a joke that I barely even saw the cows and I think there may have been a boss in there somewhere? One awful leg from the whole area - yeah I won't be looking for that again.

Ayumi

Haven't played since last year (although I signed on a few months ago).

How fucked are Wizards now?

And is the game still all about Paragon and GRift level competition?

Addnan

Comparable dps to Demon Hunters, probably just a bit less and looks like a whole lot fun to play.

and yes.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

Wizards are in a pretty good place right now. They've got one top-tier set with huge DPS (new Tal Rasha), a new set that's fun (Delsere, based on Slow Time) and Firebird (though not many people use it anymore). They're very squishy though, save for a few specific solo builds with defensive gems and legs like Halo of Arlyse. Also they've got a special wand, Aether Walker, that removes the cooldown on teleport (costs 25 AP instead), making them great for T6 rift/bounty speedfarming.

But yeah, it's still mostly about paragon and high GRs.

[EDIT] As Addnan said, they're slightly below DHs in terms of DPS though. Most people request DHs when doing high GRs.

What's the 'worst' class right now anyway? It seems Crusaders and Witch Doctors are less popular.

MedIC86

I just leveled my barb and i was wondering what build the one is i see so many barbs with. It looks like they have no more CD on some sort of whirlwind attack and just clear the whole rift that way. If anyone can link the build/gear for this it would be highly appreciated.

phinious

Tried all 3 of the different DH sets. Nats has to be the worst for ps4 players. It's to hard to target the aoe. Can only get to gr 45 with my M6 build which is my best set up. Hope I find a legendary kridershot to bring me up a little. Using a well rolled etrayu now.

What is the strongest DH set right now? I'm rolling with UE but that's only because it's the only set I've finished, I'm almost done getting all the parts of M6 and Nat's but even when I'm done I don't know which build to go for.

Also which bow is the best for UE? I've got Oddyssey's End but that's just because it's got the highest dps.

Addnan

What is the strongest DH set right now? I'm rolling with UE but that's only because it's the only set I've finished, I'm almost done getting all the parts of M6 and Nat's but even when I'm done I don't know which build to go for.

Also which bow is the best for UE? I've got Oddyssey's End but that's just because it's got the highest dps.

Depends what you need it for. For speed runs multishot UE setup is probably best with a well rolled crossbow. Any high damage range bow will probably do as well though, windoforce is nice for its knockback.

Solo, Natalays is best

For high team rifts you want UE with a kridershot for the blue balls build.

Demon hunters have a lot of choice right now.

phinious

On ps4 m6 and ue works the best for me. I can tell nats would be better if you could target rain of vengeance with a mouse. With the ps4 controller it was not fun or good.

Shouta

I need more Cow levels on my Season char. =( Easy way to get a bunch of random shit.

Also, the new gem and shard goblins are pretty funny. First time seeing them for me but it was pretty neat. I still want to go to the goblin dimension again though. =(

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Patch day:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19162237/patch-221-now-live-5-19-2015

This has the visual clutter reduction for WW dust devils.

---

A new monk build using Obsidian Ring and resource cost reduction (Cindercoat thanks to RoRG) for GR59:

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/55812-fluffy-flying-flaming-fire-fists-gr59

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/36fend/monk_rank_1_world_natsumaz_gr59_new_rcr_build/

The fix for channeling pylons not removing spirit costs for dashing strike with rainment should make those a lot more powerful for rainment monks in general too.

Dahbomb

Patch day:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19162237/patch-221-now-live-5-19-2015

This has the visual clutter reduction for WW dust devils.

---

A new monk build using Obsidian Ring and resource cost reduction (Cindercoat thanks to RoRG) for GR59:

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/55812-fluffy-flying-flaming-fire-fists-gr59

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/36fend/monk_rank_1_world_natsumaz_gr59_new_rcr_build/

The fix for channeling pylons not removing spirit costs for dashing strike with rainment should make those a lot more powerful for rainment monks in general too.
Tight build, I told people that Obsidian Ring is going to put in work. Nice to see a top tier build with that ring and with Monk no less who almost always have used F+R combo.

Watching these top rank GR vids makes me wish D3 wasn't limited to "sets" of mobs per rift/zone. Is there a reason for that? It would be awesome if every single mob in the game could actually be in the zone and mixed up together rather than getting in and seeing act 1 mobs and jizzing in your pants because the entire level is brain dead zombies that can't kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom