• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirran

Guess it really depends on what build you are running. Ancient Serpent if you're going to run two hydras with Theos. I would just use it on a good ancient weapon you find as gifts are easier to find than the best weapons.

Sober

Guys. What weapon to farm for my Ramaladni's gift? I don't want to waste it. Class is Wizard.
Aether Walker Aether Walker Aether Walker Aether Walker Aether Walker Aether Walker Aether Walker Aether Walker Aether Walker Aether Walker Aether Walker Aether Walker

or if you're one of those lame-o's, then Serpent's Sparker.

Kiru

Guess it really depends on what build you are running. Ancient Serpent if you're going to run two hydras with Theos. I would just use it on a good ancient weapon you find as gifts are easier to find than the best weapons.

Aether Walker Aether Walker Aether Walker Aether Walker Aether Walker Aether Walker Aether Walker Aether Walker Aether Walker Aether Walker Aether Walker Aether Walker

or if you're one of those lame-o's, then Serpent's Sparker.

Thanks for the suggestions! Let's see what drops first then. :p

Sober

Yeah the set bonuses make up for even if you have a shitty weapon. I've heard of wizards with like 2.4k non-ancient AW's beat GR58. Well, mostly cause you can skip elite packs, probably.

Speedhoven

Neo Member
Yeah, i set the game too hard. Its better now.

Is it worth blacksmithing? I think i have had some crazy good loots, so i have always had an epic weapon. Recently got a legendary sword with like 77+ dmg and really good attributes. I havent even seen anything close to that at a merchant and nothing comes close at the blacksmith too. Managed to get better armor by smithing, but thats it.

Is it worth it at later levels?

Nirran

Yeah, i set the game too hard. Its better now.

Is it worth blacksmithing? I think i have had some crazy good loots, so i have always had an epic weapon. Recently got a legendary sword with like 77+ dmg and really good attributes. I havent even seen anything close to that at a merchant and nothing comes close at the blacksmith too. Managed to get better armor by smithing, but thats it.

Is it worth it at later levels?

Yeah bs is worth it later on. Some of the best pieces can come from it depending on your class and build. Demon Hunters tend to craft 2 hander bows until they get an ancient to help until you find a Krider or Nat. Reaper Weaves are really good too. Restores up to 30% resources when picking up a health orb.

Haven't been playing much lately as I am out of town Monday-friday's at the moment, just way too damn tired when I get back. Doubt I am still in the Top 1000 DH leader boards now, been two weeks since I pushed at all.

Probably just gonna chill out for a while and hit it hard again when I get back from the states and things settle down again late June. If I can reach GR50 with my Barb I will be happy though as that would be both my goals for the season complete. I would like to reach GR55 with my DH(currently 53) but unless I get a lucky amulet drop with lightning I doubt I will push for it. Happy enough with the 53 clear for my first time ever bothering with greater rifts.

Excited for Crusader and Monk/Wiz(still unsure) for Season 4 now!

Speedhoven

Neo Member
Thanks for reply! Thats good to hear, because, i am investing alot in it atm.

Currently, i am using a two handed swords. I have managed to obtain 2 really good powerful ones, and 1 that gives me back 10% of my life with every hit. But i want a regular sword with a shield. But i am just not getting any good sword... or shield. Sucks. And its not worth removing those two handeds either, they are too good :p

Seem to be hitting a brick wall at GR41, just scraped through one last night.

Here is my Barb

Any suggestions?

double unity and you'll be able to do gr50, this weapon is fucking ridiculous
also get a better amulet (str chd chc socket), either hellfire or mara preferably but any will do
gloves can be a little bit better (IAS or vit instead of AOE damage)
warcry impunity instead of stomp (useless)
replace weapons master for something more useful (berseker rage is good for killing the GR)

Here's mine and I clear 48 without struggling or any pylon (didn't try too much to clear higher)

Stevey

double unity and you'll be able to do gr50, this weapon is fucking ridiculous
also get a better amulet (str chd chc socket), either hellfire or mara preferably but any will do
gloves can be a little bit better (IAS or vit instead of AOE damage)
warcry impunity instead of stomp (useless)
replace weapons master for something more useful (berseker rage is good for killing the GR)

Here's mine and I clear 48 without struggling or any pylon (didn't try too much to clear higher)

Cool, thanks, I've got one Unity this season, got another and a relic in non season.
Seem to have zero luck getting a better amulet to drop.

Dalek

somewhat of a noobish question even though I've been playing for a long time. I've got Paragon Demon Hunter, Witch Doctor and Wizard. I'm making new characters for Barbarian, Monk and Crusader.

Obviously the stash inventory space is just not enough for everyone. Is the best thing to do to make two of each class and use one character as a pack mule for their inventory space?

I wish I had more space...

Lain

somewhat of a noobish question even though I've been playing for a long time. I've got Paragon Demon Hunter, Witch Doctor and Wizard. I'm making new characters for Barbarian, Monk and Crusader.

Obviously the stash inventory space is just not enough for everyone. Is the best thing to do to make two of each class and use one character as a pack mule for their inventory space?

I'm starting to believe that the best way is to buy more copies of diablo 3 so you can dedicate 1 account to a single character and have a personal stash for every character.

I wish every character had a personal chest along the shared one. I didn't care about my DH or Shaman apart from getting them to 70, so I didn't really look for gear with them, but having a stash full of wizard gear and now playing around on a Monk while trying to gather different sets and kind of stuff... I just don't know in which orifice to stuff items anymore.

Speedhoven

Neo Member
Seriously, i am playing on hard but this is just too easy. Lord of lies was horrible. What the heck has blizzard done with the difficultysettings in this game? Why havent this been patched?

Other than that, i am enojoying this game alot.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Seriously, i am playing on hard but this is just too easy. Lord of lies was horrible. What the heck has blizzard done with the difficultysettings in this game? Why havent this been patched?

There are 10 difficulty levels. Think of it as being on the 2nd lowest one. That's why it's easy.

Baliis

Smart loot trashed the difficulty curves. When I first got to Diablo at launch, I had like 4k hp on my DH, and some of my gear probably didn't have any relevant stats at all. Now days you'd prob have main stat + vit on every slot plus a bit of crit chance on your gloves or something.

Yuuichi

Smart loot trashed the difficulty curves. When I first got to Diablo at launch, I had like 4k hp on my DH, and some of my gear probably didn't have any relevant stats at all. Now days you'd prob have main stat + vit on every slot plus a bit of crit chance on your gloves or something.

even my shitty geared DH and ok geared Temp can handle T6, it's the greater rifts that make the loot hunt meaningful.

Patch game or just go beyond the second difficulty maybe?

if you decide to be competitive, play exclusively on seasons and not worry about stash space ever.

eek5

Pre-60, Pre-70 has never really been balanced. Hell, end game hasn't really ever been really balanced until quite recently. Balancing 0-70 just isn't worth it for the effort involved especially when 90% of the playerbase is blowing through that content without even experiencing it like you are. For the majority of people the stuff you're going through now is a 4 hour road bump to the real game.

if you decide to be competitive, play exclusively on seasons and not worry about stash space ever.

This isn't really true. My stash space is pretty full with just two characters in seasons and that includes having each character fill up their inventory with items before logging. It's going to be anightmare when this season ends for me because my non-seans stash is COMPLETELY full (not even a single box is available) lol

BuzzZaw75

Neo Member

We're on the PS4 coming over from the 360. We got the game day one and actually played all five characters sort of staggering them so we could trade and drop items among us. So we started "Mule Characters" for each so with specific items were found, traded or not needed they would go to the mule.

If my friend was playing say the Barbarian, found a better or higher level item, she would drop the old one for me to use in my Barb later on. I would put it in the stash, have my Barb Mule retrieve it and that's it.

PS4 - BuzzZaw82

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Founded this word before cydea. Because of that ability, it is still better than everything i find. Even if the weapon has a dmg increase of 158%...

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac62/Robin929/Namnloumls_zpsrqkuegzf.png

I don't know about now, but Thunderfury used to be the shit a few patches back. I remember wanting one so bad for my wiz. Everyone seemed to have one except me. By the time I finally got one the rolls weren't even good, and the weapon wasn't as good anyway. I think I've only ever gotten 2 or 3 even though I have hundreds of hours of playtime. I've gotten as many Furnaces, and those are/were crazy rare lol.

Hey.

I haven't touched Diablo 3 since first release and looking to pick it up again! What's the best way to purchase the game these days - is there a bundle where you get vanilla D3 and Reaper of Souls too? Looking to get it on PC rather than console.

Yuuichi

Hey.

I haven't touched Diablo 3 since first release and looking to pick it up again! What's the best way to purchase the game these days - is there a bundle where you get vanilla D3 and Reaper of Souls too? Looking to get it on PC rather than console.

On the blizzard site it's $60 for both, $20 off the normal price. Check if it's on sale elsewhere, but don't expect to pay less than $40 for both.

kuYuri

Hey.

Blizzard puts vanilla and RoS on sale for $20 each every so often on their digital store, you just missed it about a week or two ago.

Lain

Decided to play around with my seasonal character which I only brought to 70 for the transmog gear to see if I could unlock some achievements and have been clearing some GR for gems and gear. I picked up a wand and had to log off quickly so I didn't even look at what it was or identified it.
To my surprise, after logging back on, I found out it was a Wand of Woh. Now, I realize this isn't all that great anymore (it didn't even drop with especially great stats and it isn't ancient) but I've always wanted one and one didn't ever drop for me on the normal side, despite me playing a wizard 90% of the time.
It feels like a great accomplishment, even if it isn't all that big.

Anyways, with the story part out of the way and despite the weapon not being all that great, would the most sensible thing to change on it be vit for %dmg?

0Wwb.jpg

Salz01

So when is that new content or area supposed to hit that they showed at blizzcon last year? Seems like there is no news on it. Or is there a 3rd expansion coming soon?

kuYuri

So when is that new content or area supposed to hit that they showed at blizzcon last year? Seems like there is no news on it. Or is there a 3rd expansion coming soon?

Most of the stuff has already been released, the only thing missing as far as I can tell is a new tileset the Ruins of Sescheron or whatever it was called. That will probably be after season 3 is over is my guess.

Jadax

The rng in this game is so annoying - been stuck on T3 for the last couple of weeks due to no ancient drops.

Can't even do GRs properly since I get GR 12/13 -> GR 16/17, and then can't finish that on time - so basically 2 GRs at a time.

Lain

Why not simply wait for the timer to reach 4-4 and a half minutes left before killing the Guardian Rift, to get a key only 1 level higher than your rift level, thus completing more GR starting from a single key?
I've been doing it that way, leaving to complete some bounty in between or just going afk while waiting on the timer, starting from GR level 1 and it has been working really well, letting me do a lot more GR runs out of 1 key.

Edit: Just got an ancient thunderfury so I need a suggestion about what to reroll, the dmg range or the slot for 10% dmg:

Grampasso

Why not simply wait for the timer to reach 4-4 and a half minutes left before killing the Guardian Rift, to get a key only 1 level higher than your rift level, thus completing more GR starting from a single key?
I've been doing it that way, leaving to complete some bounty in between or just going afk while waiting on the timer, starting from GR level 1 and it has been working really well, letting me do a lot more GR runs out of 1 key.

Edit: Just got an ancient thunderfury so I need a suggestion about what to reroll, the dmg range or the slot for 10% dmg:

Congratulazioni per la spada, tuttavia ha un grosso difetto, i danni da area non sono desiderabili come stat. Ti consiglio di rerollare quelli in +% dmg oppure lo slot in %dmg ma solo se hai dei Ramaladni da buttare per recuperare lo slot nell'arma. Ti consiglio questo spreadsheet comunque: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vbzAzLqJEcpo958QIiJTiL10d7eCunAV-qnw8IOLkVo/edit#gid=0 fanne una copia sul tuo drive personale così puoi modificarlo, calcola il danno dell'arma e prevede il danno finale in base ai reroll. Nel tuo caso l'opzione migliore è rerollare comunque per ottenere +10%dmg, ma cosa vorrai rerollare per ottenerlo spetta ovviamente a te deciderlo.

P.S. Sorry for the language NeoGAF, but Lain is a fellow italian and we're quite a rarity!

Kiru

The rng in this game is so annoying - been stuck on T3 for the last couple of weeks due to no ancient drops.

Can't even do GRs properly since I get GR 12/13 -> GR 16/17, and then can't finish that on time - so basically 2 GRs at a time.
Just message me when you want to play fellow SteamGaffer! ;) I finally beat a 26 one lately. Comfortable with T4.

Lain

Congratulazioni per la spada, tuttavia ha un grosso difetto, i danni da area non sono desiderabili come stat. Ti consiglio di rerollare quelli in +% dmg oppure lo slot in %dmg ma solo se hai dei Ramaladni da buttare per recuperare lo slot nell'arma. Ti consiglio questo spreadsheet comunque: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vbzAzLqJEcpo958QIiJTiL10d7eCunAV-qnw8IOLkVo/edit#gid=0 fanne una copia sul tuo drive personale così puoi modificarlo, calcola il danno dell'arma e prevede il danno finale in base ai reroll. Nel tuo caso l'opzione migliore è rerollare comunque per ottenere +10%dmg, ma cosa vorrai rerollare per ottenerlo spetta ovviamente a te deciderlo.

P.S. Sorry for the language NeoGAF, but Lain is a fellow italian and we're quite a rarity!

That spreadsheet is awesome!

Jadax

I did that for a while, then just got bored that I was just afking. Honestly, it works the first 10-15 times, after that you're just wondering what on earth you're doing staring at the screen.

Just message me when you want to play fellow SteamGaffer! ;) I finally beat a 26 one lately. Comfortable with T4.
I'll hit you up next time you're on Kiru :p Too bad Kilrogg hasn't been on for a while, he'd always be up for a couple of GR runs.

Grampasso

I did that for a while, then just got bored that I was just afking. Honestly, it works the first 10-15 times, after that you're just wondering what on earth you're doing staring at the screen.
Here's a tip, since GR difficulty is not bound to game difficulty you can:
- create a game in a difficulty you're comfortable to farm (T2 + is advisable)
- open GR steamroll enemies until GR appears
- take note of the remaining time and portal home
- start doing bounties, just always check the time and NEVER use the portal to teleport to town
- when there's less than 4:30 minutes left in the rift use the map to go back in town
- take back the portal to the rift and kill the guardian, get your GR +1key
- rinse and repeat
No time wasted.

Sober

Link your build maybe?

Ancients shouldn't matter except for pushing leaderboards. If you're stuck at T3, ancient versions of what you have/want won't fix anything. Whatever set bonus you're working for - aim for one of the 6pc bonus of your class. Get an RoRG and try to get a 4pc bonus for one of your class' big sets (the ones with 6+ slots). Those are what take you from T3 to T4 to T6 to T6 rifts becoming the thing you see people do in like sub 5 minutes. Start spending your shards rolling for your set pieces. They can be complete shit, roll bad stats, roll super low range, but as long as you have the set bonus, those are the real multipliers to killing speed, not making your sheet damage go up a few thousand.

If your slots are still full of regular legendaries and you're not taking advantage of your class set bonuses, that's what's going to actually leave you struggling. Trust me, I made the same mistake.

I would say check out diablo 3 subreddit, which links to each classes' individual subreddits. They usually have fairly decent "I just hit 70, how do I get to rolling T6 in my sleep?" guides.

Jadax

Link your build maybe?

Ancients shouldn't matter except for pushing leaderboards. If you're stuck at T3, ancient versions of what you have/want won't fix anything. Whatever set bonus you're working for - aim for one of the 6pc bonus of your class. Get an RoRG and try to get a 4pc bonus for one of your class' big sets (the ones with 6+ slots). Those are what take you from T3 to T4 to T6 to T6 rifts becoming the thing you see people do in like sub 5 minutes. Start spending your shards rolling for your set pieces. They can be complete shit, roll bad stats, roll super low range, but as long as you have the set bonus, those are the real multipliers to killing speed, not making your sheet damage go up a few thousand.

If your slots are still full of regular legendaries and you're not taking advantage of your class set bonuses, that's what's going to actually leave you struggling. Trust me, I made the same mistake.

I would say check out diablo 3 subreddit, which links to each classes' individual subreddits. They usually have fairly decent "I just hit 70, how do I get to rolling T6 in my sleep?" guides.

This is me: Demon Hunter

My damage is about 450k (on the low side), but I'm trying to farm up gear now - thing is, I have most of the Natalya + off-hand + rings I want. Other than stat upgrades I'm only looking to replace my shoulder/wrist/amulet and belt completely. My templar also sucks currently since I can't get any drops for him.

As for skill build, I do the typical RoV + Strafe farming method that is usually quite effective, I just seem to have hit a wall in regards to rift clearing time.

Ultratech

Here's a tip, since GR difficulty is not bound to game difficulty you can:
- create a game in a difficulty you're comfortable to farm (T2 + is advisable)
- open GR steamroll enemies until GR appears
- take note of the remaining time and portal home
- start doing bounties, just always check the time and NEVER use the portal to teleport to town
- when there's less than 4:30 minutes left in the rift use the map to go back in town
- take back the portal to the rift and kill the guardian, get your GR +1key
- rinse and repeat
No time wasted.

Yup. This is what I did starting out early on this season.

Works out pretty well.

Baliis

My damage is about 450k (on the low side), but I'm trying to farm up gear now - thing is, I have most of the Natalya + off-hand + rings I want. Other than stat upgrades I'm only looking to replace my shoulder/wrist/amulet and belt completely. My templar also sucks currently since I can't get any drops for him.

As for skill build, I do the typical RoV + Strafe farming method that is usually quite effective, I just seem to have hit a wall in regards to rift clearing time.

You really just need to focus on finishing out that Nats set and get a Crashing Rain (belt). The entire nats build revolves around Crashing Rain, so your damage is gonna be kinda bad without it. You can also try to finish up the mara's pieces you're wearing, that'll get you into t6 easy.

Sober

I really don't like Nats, especially that build, but anyway. Most important pieces you should be gambling for right now should be gloves and chest to finish your set bonus. Also you need a Crashing Rain belt, which is pretty much also required.. Meanwhile just try to get a socket in your neck and get one more gem in there (I think most Nat's use Taeguk).

Most Nat's I think just use Act 1 shoulders from the box, those are no problem to get once you put T6 on farm. Worry about that last.

For your templar, you might just have to craft some stuff (roll a crusader or barb to do that), cause it's really rare to get non-ranged weapons as weapon drops. As long as you can get decent gear and the right skills you are okay. A can't die token is best for obvious reasons.

Grampasso

That build, if intended, is quite strange with that Marauder twist. Anyway you're missing 2 sockets in the weapons, which means missing 300% CHD.I really don't get why you rerolled a secondary on your OH instead of a primary socket. On bracers, reroll the regen for +fire dmg (if it's what you're looking for in the build). Just out of the top of my head

Kssio_Aug

How is the game today, compared to RoS post release? I have just started the game after so long, and it seems to have a new "Season Hero" thing, aswell as Seasons 1 to 3, that I didn't know existed yet.

Is the game improved, the rng is any better, or something?

Dahbomb

How is the game today, compared to RoS post release? I have just started the game after so long, and it seems to have a new "Season Hero" thing, aswell as Seasons 1 to 3, that I didn't know existed yet.

Is the game improved, the rng is any better, or something?
I don't know, what were your issues at RoS's launch?

There are quite a few more useful/powerful Legendaries than before and acquiring them is a lot easier as well. Sets are insanely powerful now for every class now and the classes are closer together at the top end. Plus a bunch of quality of life improvements.

Kssio_Aug

I don't know, what were your issues at RoS's launch?

There are quite a few more useful/powerful Legendaries than before and acquiring them is a lot easier as well. Sets are insanely powerful now for every class now and the classes are closer together at the top end. Plus a bunch of quality of life improvements.

Actually I already ejoyed a lot of RoS changes. I stopped playing for other reasons... but its good to know that Legendary drops are better.

However, I just got into the game to try it out, and when I select public game, whatever difficulty I select and adventure / campaing modes, it says that there are "0 players". I didn't know it was abandoned like that. =(

Baliis

Actually I already ejoyed a lot of RoS changes. I stopped playing for other reasons... but its good to know that Legendary drops are better.

However, I just got into the game to try it out, and when I select public game, whatever difficulty I select and adventure / campaing modes, it says that there are "0 players". I didn't know it was abandoned like that. =(

Basically no one does public games under 70, there's always plenty of people then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom