• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kssio_Aug

No officially announced one, but rumors, and they clearly set the ending of RoS up to be able to do another.

I hope so! :)

Theres always loads of people playing at T6/70

Git gud

Are they playing with Seasonal Characters? Cause I selected a level 70 character of mine and at any difficulty it was saying "0 players" in both campaing and adventure modes!

I'll try it again tomorrow though!

Duress

Are they playing with Seasonal Characters? Cause I selected a level 70 character of mine and at any difficulty it was saying "0 players" in both campaing and adventure modes!

You try clicking the drop box into the right corner, in type of games? It should be there when you select a public game.

goober

Wow I picked this game up again after a 3 year hiatus. I went back to my level 60 Barbarian and killed a random mob and immediately found a better equipment than what I had on currently.

I remember I stopped playing because of other obligations but one other reason was that it was impossible to stay alive around elite(?) mobs unless you stacked all resistance.

Now I'm excited to play again, but I have no idea what I'm doing. I forgot what difficulty I stopped at. Now all difficulties are open? Where should I farm/progress?

eek5

Farm normal or whatever is fastest until you start getting a couple legendaries then once you get some nice legendaries go to T1. Do you have RoS or not? If not then idk you should probably buy RoS lol

eek5

After you get RoS you'll want to play from A4 to A5 in story probably. If you do it on T1, I think you'll hit 70 by the end of A5 but I'm not sure. After that it's adventure mode and you'll want to farm whatever difficulty is fastest until you get some OP legendary effects then you can probably start pushing T1-T2 etc. Once you get a full class set you can jump to T4-6.

goober

You think I can run T1 at level 60? I was playing on Master and I was killing things so slowly. But at least I wasn't dying.

Sober

It's not worth killing things slowly, turn it down until you can still blow away trash in a few seconds. If trash is a problem to dispatch then when you run into elites or champion packs you will be in for a real headache.

Jedi2016

That's why I'm only running T5 right now, because on T6 things don't die quite fast enough, but I do. T5 almost seems like easy mode right now, but I'll be back at T6 once I get my weapons sorted out.

Stevey

Yeah, i'm on EU and theirs always games on Seasonal

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i can finally survive in T5 on my WD but T4 seems to be about normal difficulty for me. im trying to run some rifts so i can get into Grifts. Maybe running them at T3 will accomplish that goal faster...

Grampasso

You think I can run T1 at level 60? I was playing on Master and I was killing things so slowly. But at least I wasn't dying.
The point is as soon as you replace your vanilla equipment even just with rares you're most probably capable of running T1. You'll se a huge bump in life and dmg, as soon as you'll have a legendary weapon, no matter which one, you should be able to do T1. Surviving is another matter

Nokterian

Seems relevant to post it here but i am getting this tattooed on my right upper arm tomorrow it's going to cover 2 older tattoo's i have those are pretty old now and want something new. Also i will not regret it because to me Malthael was to me the coolest villain to date and this is not the final art yet but it demonstrates what it is going to be.

He is going to add spears and a more death in the background and crows flying above.

Also i didn't draw this but that buddy of mine did he has some amazing tattoo talent and drawing also. But it does look amazing!

dkMytC2VtSEF1YWVlVw8sQreP9FC4TWTyYLYBhU10os=w640-h852-no

Nokterian

Cross post from tattoo thread.

This is my new tattoo also disclaimer it is not finished yet but it will be soon enough and if you are wondering who or what it is it's Malthael from Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls.

When it is done it will cover up my old tattoo he will also do the tattoo above to match it beneath the other one off course but so far i am very happy with this.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Sweet tattoo.

Question; I got a legendary drop for another class. What's the best way to make use of it? Salvage it?

If you're not considering using it with another class, yes. Salvage it.

Nokterian

Phase 2

It isn't finished yet but a huge progress also on the other side will also go flames after that he will do shading in those flames to make it darker. And above my old tattoo there will go a skull rising a top of malthael.

It is gonna look even more epic when it is finished.

Dahbomb

Diablo 3 patch 2.3 PTR preview

Lots of changes/additions incoming.

HOLY SHIT @ THIS!!!!

New Artifact: Kanai’s Cube
Those who played Diablo II might remember the Horadric Cube, a unique device which allowed you to combine items. Useful as it was, it was easily surpassed in power by the item from which it originated, Kanai’s Cube. In Patch 2.3.0, players will be able to discover this powerful ancient relic and utilize its incredible potential, including the ability to break down Legendary items and equip their special effects as passive skills, convert crafting materials from one type to another, and so much more.

And finally they are adding more Torment difficulties. All the way up to Torment 10!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Wow, they've been busier than I thought!

Direct link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19802338/patch-230-ptr-preview-6-23-2015

I'll just include the whole thing here:

New Zone: Ruins of Sescheron
In Patch 2.3.0, the frozen wasteland that is the Ruins of Sescheron will open for exploration. Here you’ll face off against strange new enemies and perilous environmental hazards, all while unearthing new mysteries from the lore of the mighty Barbarians. Those brave enough to make it through in one piece will discover curious new points of interest, including the lost Tomb of King Kanai and his ultimate treasure—Kanai’s Cube.

New Artifact: Kanai’s Cube
Those who played Diablo II might remember the Horadric Cube, a unique device which allowed you to combine items. Useful as it was, it was easily surpassed in power by the item from which it originated, Kanai’s Cube. In Patch 2.3.0, players will be able to discover this powerful ancient relic and utilize its incredible potential, including the ability to break down Legendary items and equip their special effects as passive skills, convert crafting materials from one type to another, and so much more.

Crafting System Updates
For those who eagerly gather crafting materials on their journey to level 70, we’ve got good news you’ll especially enjoy. Starting in Patch 2.3.0, the same crafting mats you use at max level will be available as you level up! We’ve also crunched down the number of crafting recipes, making the process easier and more fluid than ever as your results now dynamically adjust to your character’s level. Whether you’re bashing skulls on the highest difficulty or have just started your career and killed your first Champion or Elite pack, your crafting mats will never go to waste.

Adventure Mode Updates
This patch also includes changes designed to improve the pacing of Adventure Mode while encouraging players to explore Bounties across a variety of Acts. In addition to removing the Realm of Trials, we’re improving Bounty rewards by adding new Act-specific crafting mats to Horadric Caches. Completing Bonus Acts in Adventure Mode games will also now grant a bonus Horadric Cache stuffed with crafting materials, gold, and additional Act-specific crafting mats.

New Feature: Season Journey
Every player’s Seasonal journey is different—and so are their accomplishments. Starting in Season 4, you'll be able to track your individual progress through the Season Journey interface. This helpful feature is divided into Chapters, which include major milestones that are achievable by most players, and Tiers, which are designed for advanced players. Completing Tiers unlocks new portrait frame rewards, and the highest Tier includes challenges which will take effort to achieve for even the most powerful nephalem.

New Difficulty Levels
As players continue to discover powerful new gear, the current hardest difficulty level—Torment VI—can begin to feel less challenging. To help keep hardened battle veterans on their toes, we’re adding four new Torment levels with appropriate reward rates, including Torment X. We’ll be iterating on these new difficulties and rewards as the PTR progresses, so we look forward to hearing your feedback!

New Legendary and Set Items
For all you dedicated loot hunters, we’re also adding lots of shiny new Legendary and Set effects to the game. Aside from doing this through introducing new items, we’re also revamping special effects on some existing items, and granting new effects to some items which don’t currently have one. As in other patches, changes to Legendary items are not retroactive, so you’ll need to find them once more to use their updated form. Overall, this should result in more build options for you to explore.

Combat Changes
Several changes to monsters are coming to the game as well. Along with reducing the amount of crowd control the game’s tougher monsters will tolerate, we’ve adjusted the experience and Rift progress granted by killing monsters so they better reflect the effort required to kill them. For example, monsters that take more time or effort to kill now provide more experience, and those that are especially easy to kill will provide less. We’ve also made changes that create a better balance between the time you spend exploring and clearing Nephalem or Greater Rifts, and the time you spend facing the Rift Guardian. With these changes, more of the emphasis will be on your journey as you explore and clear the Rift.

Prepare Yourself!
New zone, new Cube, new items, new difficulty levels, new Adventure Mode changes—the list goes on and on! We hope you’re looking forward to trying out all these new features and leaving your valuable feedback once the PTR hits.
Out of all that you’ve seen above, which of these changes are you most excited to experience for yourself? Let us know in the comments, and we’ll see you on the Public Test Realm!

Dahbomb

So I am guessing Act specific crafting mats means that certain Acts only gives Blues while others only give Yellows and Whites"

Looks like they are removing perma CC mobs with this patch as well.

Raticus79

Some additional detail on Kanai's Cube from the comments on the Blizzard page - it can store a bunch of effects and then you choose which are active from the list. Currently it can have one weapon, one armour, and one jewelry effect active at the same time. These are dedicated effect slots in addition to your normal passive slots.

Tyvalir said:
With the current plan, the passives you get by breaking down Legendary items with special effects in Kanai's Cube do not replace passive skills on your character, but are instead part of a separate set of passives that are specifically stored within the cube. You can store as many special effects as possible in the cube, but only a limited number can be active at a given time (currently, this is three: one weapon effect, one armor effect, and one jewelry effect). Hope that helps!

This is going to be one busy PTR. The potential power there is crazy. Think of a Carnevil doc with the effects of MoJ and SMK on top of the DoD and Carnevil... sheesh.

kirblar

I wish I had the time to play with this, this sounds hilarious.

Syntek

This is pretty clever.

Basically, you can turn any common/crafted weapons into ultra-rares like SMK, Krider, Rimhearts, etc.

And if you already have those, you can combine them with generic affix like +50% elite from the Furnace.

Convention of the elements and immunity amulets will probably be the go-to choices for jewelries. RRoG could work in some cases too.

Armor is interesting too, depending on whether off-hands are included in the mix. Nilfur's, Reaper's, Frostburn, Leoric's just off the top of my head.

Raticus79

This is pretty clever.

Basically, you can turn any common/crafted weapons into ultra-rares like SMK, Krider, Rimehearts, etc.

And if you already have those, you can combine them with generic affix like +50% elite from the Furnace.

No, I think it's better than that - they're effectively three new passive slots, where the effects you can choose are from a list of all the legendaries of that type you've fed to the cube.

I'm really surprised they put this in a regular patch instead of holding it for an expansion.

Jas

Wow, pretty impressed with what they've been working on.

I've been playing Destiny lately, this update puts their $40 (if you own both dlcs) "major expansion" in perspective.

As soon as this hits the PTR I'll be back.

Dahbomb

I am assuming set bonuses don't count because those would be absolutely insane and broken.

I see why they are doing this... it's because they have made the end game of D3 to be based around full 6 piece sets which doesn't give much room for cool Legendary affixes. This method is basically like adding 3 Legendaries to your character which is INSANE if you think about it.

I am just going to use a simple example:

Raiment Set:

2 Dual Wield Legendary weapons
5 Piece Raiment set
Focus and Retraint OR Zodiac Ring/SOJ/Convention of Elements/Unity combo
Spirit Guards
Cindercoat
Amulet of choice

Cube Bonuses:

RoRG - Add one affix from Sets
Flying Dragon - Double your attack speed
Ancient Parthan Defenders - Stunned enemies give you toughness

This would increase the power level of this build DRAMATICALLY! And that is not including the new Legendaries/set they will be adding/reworking with this set.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I am assuming set bonuses don't count because those would be absolutely insane and broken.

I see why they are doing this... it's because they have made the end game of D3 to be based around full 6 piece sets which doesn't give much room for cool Legendary affixes. This method is basically like adding 3 Legendaries to your character which is INSANE if you think about it.

all RORG dependent builds get F+R

think about that for a second

Dahbomb

I just posted that example before you guys made that connection LOL.

I honestly think the main reason they put this in was to deal with the whole full sets being end game and killing item variety. I do hope it increases item variety although more than likely people will just add the best stuff with the 2nd best stuff into the best builds. I guess that is always inevitable.

Raticus79

One nice benefit for gearing - you have two shots at your ancient weapon now. For example, when starting out, a DH just needs to find any old Krider and can use a crafted weapon for damage.

Dahbomb

I don't think you want a crafted weapon... I think you would want ANOTHER top tier Legendary weapon.

Or maybe I am thinking about this wrong. Since those effects are passives, they don't actually replace your current weapon's Legendary affix.

I think for Demon Hunter's the obvious thing to do is to get a Calamity and then add Kridershot affix on it (or vice versa).

Raticus79

I don't think you want a crafted weapon... I think you would want ANOTHER top tier Legendary weapon.

Or maybe I am thinking about this wrong. Since those effects are passives, they don't actually replace your current weapon's Legendary affix.

I think for Demon Hunter's the obvious thing to do is to get a Calamity and then add Kridershot affix on it (or vice versa).

Sure, I was just talking about how that would make things easier when starting out. Long-term you'd want to have both with at least one ancient, like you said. Probably the kridershot in the weapon slot and the calamity effect selected in the cube, unless you wanted the high attack speed for some reason.

Whew, it's going to take a while to think through this massively increased set of gear combinations. We might see some weird builds coming out of this with obscure legendary effects like seven-sided-strike coming back into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom