• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I think it's better than that - they're effectively three new passive slots, where the effects you can choose are from a list of all the legendaries of that type you've fed to the cube.

I'm really surprised they put this in a regular patch instead of holding it for an expansion.

Hmmm awesome sounding stuff. Hopefully by the time it launches I've played enough Bloodborne and have a proper chair for my computer again. My last one got trashed in the move.

Well poop, there goes Krider + Furnace. Krider + Sunkeeper might still work though, unless the restriction is on weapon-type, and not just class-type.

Maybe a dagger. Can DH's equip 1H clubs.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
This should make the fist of the heaven builds really strong again

Or really any build that was dependent on 1Hers

Question is... can you use a shield passive... while you're not using a shield?

So.. like the hellskull passive

Remember... they're gonna nerf CC builds into the ground with 2.3

Right, but I thought those nerfs were more to do with character skills and passives. Not really the gear?

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I was thinking the frostburn passive with dual weild and flying dragon passive.

EDIT: Could be great way to get rid of Tasker and Theo slot too.

DopeyFish

Right, but I thought those nerfs were more to do with character skills and passives. Not really the gear?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Well... anything that can lock enemies in place will change (perma CC)

Probably the enemies will gain temporary immunity or something

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Question is... can you use a shield passive... while you're not using a shield?

So.. like the hellskull passive

For the implementation, I'm thinking of it as being three new "legendary effect" passive slots on your character, just showing up in a separate Cube interface.

Using Dahbomb's example, just picture three more selection boxes at the end of your passives page under a new Cube section, for example.
[Legendary weapon effect]: Flying Dragon
[Legendary armour effect]: Ancient Parthan Defenders
[Legendary jewelry effect]: RoRG
(Each dropdown has a list of all the legendaries of that category which you've fed to the cube)

Offhands, including shields, would probably be in the dropdown list for the legendary armour effect type. It's going to be interesting to see what mixing up 2H weapons and offhand effects can do for casters.
Edit: denied!

Dahbomb

Looks like I was right... Offhand/Shields count in the weapon category:

http://www.reddit.com/user/TravisDay

Anything that goes in your main or offhand is part of the weapon category for the purposes of the cube.

Also more questions answered about the Cube:

Powers extracted via the cube are accessible the same way that paragon levels are. They are account wide per game type, Normal, Hardcore, Seasonal Normal, Seasonal Hardcore.

No double dipping, you can only have one instance of a power active. Also the Hellfire Amulet passives cannot be extracted via the cube.

(There goes my idea of storing up a bunch of Hellfire Amulet's passives)

If you want to wear an immunity neck and infuse yourself with a second immunity you can absolutely do that.

You can only assign powers that you would normally be able to use so no Calamity on Barbs or Flying Dragon on Demon Hunters.

Stopping by to say that powers assigned with the cube do not compete with normal passives.

chrixter

2.3 sounds cool, but now I've kinda lost my already-dwindling interest in S3.

It's fun to think about possible build combinations but the new 2.3 legendary/set effects will probably be obsoleting.

Patch is sounding good, basically 1 more passive via a legendary for your class huh? All around good stuff, especially no rift trials and Torment X.

Dahbomb

Patch is sounding good, basically 1 more passive via a legendary for your class huh? All around good stuff, especially no rift trials and Torment X.
That's 3 more Legendary passives.

Also you can't use the Hellfire Amulet as one of them. So you can't have like 5 passives from your character.

Raticus79

flying dragon passive w/ dual wield please

Ready to lock up those servers harder than ever!

the most fun part is going to be collecting all the legs :D

edit: I hope this stupid cube is account-wide...

Yeah, hopefully. I bet it'll work the same way as transmogs.

Someone raised a good point on that reddit thread... no more need to hold on to as many legendaries just in case, so it frees up some stash space.

Baliis

the most fun part is going to be collecting all the legs :D

edit: I hope this stupid cube is account-wide...

Yeah, hopefully. I bet it'll work the same way as transmogs.

Someone raised a good point on that reddit thread... no more need to hold on to as many legendaries just in case, so it frees up some stash space.

Powers extracted via the cube are accessible the same way that paragon levels are. They are account wide per game type, Normal, Hardcore, Seasonal Normal, Seasonal Hardcore.

from Travis Day

eek5

Ready to lock up those servers harder than ever!
LOL! Now that you mention it, FD proc with DW is probably a terrible idea haha

Yeah but in S3 my stash is filled with just class sets and it's still a pain/almost full. But yeah, it'll be nice insta-salvaging mediocre immunity amulets and stuff since I can access the unique properties via cube.

from Travis Day

Great news. It'd be such a pain finding all the rare legendaries per each character. This cube is going to be like a legendary checklist. I'm excited to collect them all lol

DopeyFish

also a couple other points:

You can use passives of items in slots not equipped (like a shield, for instance)
When you destroy an item, it takes the maximum possible strength of the passive. (no hunting for the best of)
No stacking (like using the furnace passive on top of using a furnace)

Grampasso

Wow, the amount of greatness coming from these changes/additions was unexpected. I can't even imagine the combinations obtainable with kanai's cube.
Totally mind blown XD

DopeyFish

Ermagerd

Hellfire event changes:

Keywardens drop machines now, not keys

All hellfire amulets have a socket now

Well i'll be....

Vicros

Very pleasantly surprised with the 2.3 changes coming up. I've been away from the game for a couple weeks so I checked Diablofans to see if anything had changed and bam.

Although everything they're putting in this patch makes me feel way less confident we'll see another boxed expansion. Or maybe that if there is going to be one it's a long way off. The cube + torment 7-10 seems like stuff they would save if one was remotely close.

Very pleasantly surprised with the 2.3 changes coming up. I've been away from the game for a couple weeks so I checked Diablofans to see if anything had changed and bam.

Although everything they're putting in this patch makes me feel way less confident we'll see another boxed expansion. Or maybe that if there is going to be one it's a long way off. The cube + torment 7-10 seems like stuff they would save if one was remotely close.

Yeah that's how I feel as well, the cube is what I expected in an expansion and not a patch including the new zone and torment levels.

It's very confusing with what their plans are with D3. They could have made it a big microtransaction game by giving more stash space for $$$ but they didn't, and they keep bringing big content patches free.

idlewild_

Damn, sharding those shitty non-ancient Kriders came back to bite me in the ass.

I kind of wish the cube extracted the leg. passive at the value of the item you destroy instead of the max possible value for the passive.

Raticus79

Ermagerd

Hellfire event changes:

Keywardens drop machines now, not keys

All hellfire amulets have a socket now

Well i'll be....

Ha, right after there were a bunch of posts asking for them to just drop machines today too. Good timing. Here's the post:

Travis Day said:
This is a very large patch so we were unable to fit ALL the awesome changes into the preview blog. There are changes to the Hellfire event structure coming in the next patch. Keywardens will now directly drop Infernal Machines instead of Keys and the Hellfire Amulet now has a socket built in.

---

I kind of wish the cube extracted the leg. passive at the value of the item you destroy instead of the max possible value for the passive.

Yeah, that's what I was expecting them to do. I bet they passed on that because coding around that behaviour of upgrading your stored roll would have made things too complicated. Need to do a lookup to see if that affix prefers a low or high roll, etc.

---

The /r/diablo mods put up a nice summary of the info on the Cube: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3azusf/megathread_everything_about_kanais_cube/

Addnan

Giving the max value will just mean any item that has a range of rolls will only be used as a passive. What's the point of it, might as well just remove that level of rng.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom