• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those changes to hellfire quest. Wow.
Also the cube seems incredibly OP, jewelry and weapon legendary bonuses are super strong
Armor bonuses not so strong but pretty strong I guess. Can't think of one that really really stands out. Will allow more set combinations though

Baleoce

Just picked up the digital PS4 version on sale yesterday for £29.99. Time to jump back in. All I know now is, every night I say I'm going to sleep, I'll be on my vita for at least an hour and a half til I actually do.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
"Once you have unlocked the cube you will be able to use it with any characters of that game type as long as they can access adventure mode. If you want to level new characters with insane builds or powers from items they couldn't normally use you totally can... but the cube has more features one of which is targeted directly at leveling alts."
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm...verything_about_kanais_cube/cshww2g?context=3

It slices, it dices!

eek5

Those changes to hellfire quest. Wow.
Also the cube seems incredibly OP, jewelry and weapon legendary bonuses are super strong
Armor bonuses not so strong but pretty strong I guess. Can't think of one that really really stands out. Will allow more set combinations though

Off the top of my head:
Leoric's Crown w/ all builds (CDR)
Broken crown for farming gems while you have a full set on
carnevil or MoJ (always 100% from the cube!)

Bracer slot is solid.. any of the cube items would be pretty decent. Full time nemesis for farming, strongarms if you're cc while still using paratheans or wahtever def bracer you want

hexing pant bonus maybe

taskers, frostburns

cindercoat bonus is nice..

Even things like harringtons might be decent depending on how T10 is and depending on the map you get since the roll is maxed. 135% boost is no joke

Oh yeah illusory boots to walk through all the things would be nice. It can't fit into a lot of builds now because of maintaining sets.. but with the cube....

It's going to be a lot of fun just playing around with these. I think for progression/leveling, stacking 5-6 of those does weapon dmg bonuses randomly will be good. It was already good on T1-T2 with one or two but now you could potentially get like 5-6 bonuses like that doing 500-700% weapon damage lol

Dahbomb

There are a lot of armor slots that are "mandatory" for some builds and you can't use another item for that slot. Stuff like Crudest Boots and the 3 Bracers for Monks, Leoric' Crown, WD helms, the Nilfur Meteor boots for Wizards etc.

I can see a lot more mixing and matching of sets as well.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
For IK+wastes set

RORG, Hexing, Furnace passive and putting on F+R increases damage by over 4x against elites

But as a negative... you lose unity for solo grifting. So the second you stop WWing and your COTA cooldown doesn't reset... you're doomed.

Dahbomb

I fully expect solo players to be able to do GR70 with this cube when PTR 2.3 launches. Possibly more with some game breaking legendary combinations.

The power creep in D3 is quite insane. Some DBZ type power levels going on here. We went from Cell Saga to Buu Saga within a single patch!

Hedge

So that means I can have absorb arcane on all characters. That's nice for a solo player who keeps getting mauled by wallers and arcane elites.

Raticus79

I fully expect solo players to be able to do GR70 with this cube when PTR 2.3 launches. Possibly more with some game breaking legendary combinations.

The power creep in D3 is quite insane. Some DBZ type power levels going on here. We went from Cell Saga to Buu Saga within a single patch!

Yeah, I expect there will be some surprising interactions with effects that were previously impossible to equip at the same time. It's a pretty huge set of new combinations, so no doubt there's room for hilariously broken things. None of the game design has involved predicting "ok, what happens if they equip these two helmets at the same time", etc, so the scope for QA there is crazy. Looking forward to digging in, hehe

Ashodin

I mean, there's no PvP or real balance they need to worry about, so why not make shit bonkers as all hell? I mean, letting players open up combos and set into a playstyle they enjoy is paramount in action RPGs. Doing this adds a whole new layer.

Dahbomb

I mean, there's no PvP or real balance they need to worry about, so why not make shit bonkers as all hell? I mean, letting players open up combos and set into a playstyle they enjoy is paramount in action RPGs. Doing this adds a whole new layer.
Because people take GR very seriously and what happens with poor balancing is that one class gets way ahead of the other and people who main other classes get class envy and start complaining online.

That's why PTR exists.

Ashodin

That's ridiculously silly.

I mean with this cube, everyone should be nuts. To use the DBZ analogy, everyone is either Goku or Vegeta now, but I guess the Vegetas will still bitch they're not Goku huh

Dahbomb

Yeah everyone will get a power level increase.

Thing is that some classes will be going from SSJ1 to SSJ2 while others will be going from SS1 to SSJ3 or even straight to SSGSSJ if there are some broken interactions.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
why does it matter if there's power creep in this game? i'm not exactly sure what the end goal is, really, as far as scaling up all of the power or necessarily why it needs to be in check as a result since they can just increase #s for everything. i guess their #1 priority is just giving fresh ways to play after certain periods of time.

the design in the game seems more or less aimless at this point. will they just keep adding layers of extra power over time or what

Ashodin

That's what I'm saying. The game should be all about "You got to level 60? OK NOW get higher PLVL! You got high PLVL? OK now get sets! You got sets? OK Now get legendaries into your cube!"

Should always be an ever increasing stack of "things to go after". That's how you make it last long as an ARPG. Add tons of legendaries so combinations become insane.

Nokterian

"Once you have unlocked the cube you will be able to use it with any characters of that game type as long as they can access adventure mode. If you want to level new characters with insane builds or powers from items they couldn't normally use you totally can... but the cube has more features one of which is targeted directly at leveling alts."
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm...verything_about_kanais_cube/cshww2g?context=3

It slices, it dices!

Sweet jezus finally awesome changes this makes gameplay value go up even more.

Raticus79

some quest in the new zone, nothing big

It's just a thing in town.

Quest in the new zone to unlock a thing in town?

By the way, it's easy to miss, but all those images in the preview post can be expanded. Here's what it looks like:
VS344ZEXZDFT1434997799143.jpg

Nice that they tell you what difficulty the GR tier is equivalent to in the tier selection dropdown box:

Recall

So after putting several hundred hours into the PS3 version I've picked it up on PS4 now. Not sure what I should be doing now though, do we still have an active PS4 community?

Plenty of new things for I to try as the PS4 version has that extra content and updates the PS3 version never got.

Dahbomb

Reforge Legendaries? Does that mean you of disenchant a Legendary into the cube you can reforge it back? Or do you re-roll a brand new Legendary of that type altogether?

Raticus79

Reforge Legendaries? Does that mean you of disenchant a Legendary into the cube you can reforge it back? Or do you re-roll a brand new Legendary of that type altogether?

Looks like one might be for turning a set item into a different item in that set?

Dahbomb

Holy cray at that new Monk set....

FINALLY a Seven Sided Strike Monk set!

Combine that shit with 4 PC SWK for godlike AOE and single target damage!

Also they FINALLY buffed Shenlong's!

Raticus79

Holy cray at that new Monk set....

FINALLY a Seven Sided Strike Monk set!

Combine that shit with 4 PC SWK for godlike AOE and single target damage!

P3_ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_019 -Every third hit of your Spirit Generators applies Exploding Palm.
P3_ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_020 -Your Seven-Sided Strike detonates your Exploding Palm.

Woo! Lots of good monk stuff showing up now

So after putting several hundred hours into the PS3 version I've picked it up on PS4 now. Not sure what I should be doing now though, do we still have an active PS4 community?

Looks like it, check out this thread for the consoles:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=872639

Dahbomb

The every 3rd hit of your Spirit Generators putting an EP is meh (mostly because stuff like Mad Stone exists). But being able to explode Implending Dooms on activation of SSS is pretty insane especially when combined with Gungdo GAWD.

This might be best set for Monks if you can combine the 6 pc with 4 pc SWK.

Also the new Shenlong has synergy with the new set. Mostly because if you are running a SSS build you really have no use for Spirit for the most part. If that's 300% multiplicative damage then that's a lot of extra damage.

After so many months... the Helltooth rework is here!
Helltooth Harness [Reworked]
2 pieces: [Enemies hit by Wall of Death are afflicted by Necrosis, becoming Slowed and taking 2500% weapon damage every second for 10 seconds.]
4 pieces: [After applying Necrosis to an enemy, you take 50% reduced damage for 10 seconds.]
6 pieces: [Enemies afflicted by Necrosis take an 800% increased damage from your primary skills, Acid Cloud, Firebats, Zombie Charger, Grasp of the Dead, Piranhas, and Wall of Death.]

I wonder if Generator Monk will actually be a think in PTR 2.3 with the new Shenlongs, part of the Raiment set and this new item:

P3_ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_025 -The damage of your Spirit Generators is increased by [{VALUE1}*100]% for each point of Spirit you have.

kuYuri

Now imagine if they brought back Mortick's Brace this patch. Oh lawd!

Dahbomb

New Monk set looks like it's Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Pants, Gloves and Boots

Unique_Helm_Set_01_p3 - “Uliana was the first to venture out amongst the laymen while retaining her status-for in those days, monks were forbidden to leave the monasteries, with their forms being used solely to commune with the gods.” -Poldamyr's Histories of the Veradani

Unique_Shoulder_Set_01_p3 - “Uliana questioned the orthodoxy that the gods were actual beings, asking if they might not instead be metaphors to guide the monk’s spiritual development. For her temerity, she was ordered to wander the world and seek repentance.”-Poldamyr's Histories of the Veradani

Unique_Chest_Set_01_p3 - “Ultimately, she was unable to view her exile as punishment, as she firmly believed the monks’ true calling was to inspire the masses, not lock themselves away.” -Poldamyr's Histories of the Veradani

Unique_Pants_Set_01_p3 - “Uliana’s beliefs were forever altered when she was attacked on the road by beings she believed to be agents of the gods of chaos-if not the gods themselves. She had never imagined beings of such horror could actually exist.” -Poldamyr's Histories of the Veradani

Unique_Gloves_Set_01_p3 - “After her encounter with the demonic creatures in the Aranoch, Uliana became obsessed with defeating the gods of chaos, and, to this end, began adapting the forms of the Veradani towards the martial style every monk is familiar with today.” -Poldamyr's Histories of the Veradani

Unique_Boots_Set_01_p3 - “Uliana’s passion to defeat the gods of chaos drew the ire of the Patriarchs, for a monk was to seek balance in all things. She disappeared shortly after her excommunication, never to be seen again, swearing to eradicate all agents of chaos for the good of all mankind.” -Poldamyr's Histories of the Veradani

Unfortunately no way to stack with SWK 4 piece with this configuration. Probably on purpose otherwise it would've been too good.

And Blizzard is saying that the ability to upgrade lower level Legendaries up to your level will not be making it into this patch.

DopeyFish

Blizz says some stuff like the level legendary to current level is no longer planned

And realms, which keep showing up in datamined notes are still being experimented with and will not be in patch 2.3

Hope they redid how wall of death works, it's going to suck if it's just as thin and stationary as it was.

Also blue post says to temper your excitement from the datamines, basically saying some things are not going to make it this 2.3 such as cursed realms. Disappointing but oh well, we'll see when PTR hits.

Popnbake

P3_ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_019 -Every third hit of your Spirit Generators applies Exploding Palm.
P3_ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_020 -Your Seven-Sided Strike detonates your Exploding Palm.

Woo! Lots of good monk stuff showing up now

Looks like it, check out this thread for the consoles:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=872639

So with Madstone

Your Seven-Sided Strike applies Exploding Palm

and Gundgo Gear

Exploding Palm's on-death explosion applies Exploding Palm

the first hit of Seven-Sided Strike applies and detonates Exploding Palm, Gundgo Gear causes the explosion of that Exploding Palm to apply to other mobs in range, and the remaining hits of Seven-Sided Strike repeats the process?

eek5

What a pain in the butt. They're going to make us farm all bounty acts to get the mats to extract a legendary power? :(

Yuuichi

What a pain in the butt. They're going to make us farm all bounty acts to get the mats to extract a legendary power? :(

it's more variety, it's not going to hurt you

all you do in the diablo endgame is farm anyways, does it really matter where or how you do it?

DopeyFish

More datamined info reveals there's no more rift keystones

Wowzers

No need to do bounties for tokens

No need to do rifts for grift tokens

No more trials

They just said fuck it and changed every aspect of adventure mode in one patch lol

Dahbomb

Reforge Legendary - Law of Kulle
1x Legendary Item
5x Khanduran Rune
5x Caldeum Nightshade
5x Arreat War Tapestry
5x Corrupted Angel Flesh
5x Westmarch Holy Water
50x Forgotten Soul
What dah fuck? What is so good about Reforge Legendary that it would require 50 fucking Forgotten Souls?

What dah fuck? What is so good about Reforge Legendary that it would require 50 fucking Forgotten Souls?

I assume it would completely re roll the legendary as if you had gotten a new one to drop so 50 forgotten souls would be far less time intensive then having to re find some of the rarer legendaries in the game again for a chance at better mods.

Would be neat if it gave non ancients a chance to re roll ancient as well but I guess that would suck if you wanted to re roll an ancient and it could change to non ancient.

If it rerolls everything on the item (except ancient status) it's pretty strong
Like you get an ancient BiS weapon but rolls are ass, you reforge it til you get something playable then enchant it

just a wild guess

Dahbomb

So it's like a super enchant? Still 50 Souls for a single enchant is an insane price.

I guess I will wait and see in order to understand what it actually is.

Sober

I assume it would completely re roll the legendary as if you had gotten a new one to drop so 50 forgotten souls would be far less time intensive then having to re find some of the rarer legendaries in the game again for a chance at better mods.

Would be neat if it gave non ancients a chance to re roll ancient as well but I guess that would suck if you wanted to re roll an ancient and it could change to non ancient.
I would easily pay 5x the cost of that for a guaranteed legendary/set into an ancient, honestly.

Although with the going rate it's probably more like 10x on average. I like it either way, it makes gambling more interesting for trying to get new pieces while the cube lets you max out your gear some more.

The puzzle ring recipe seems awesome, guess I should start hoarding those again.

So if the keys are gone it looks like:
- adventure mode for bounty boxes and cube mats
- rifts for your middle ground monster clicking and lots of loot
- grifts for progression

sounds good to me. not having to grind keys/trials will definitely get me back into the game. been plenty of times I wanna just fire the game up and do a few grifts but I'm reminded I need to grind trial keys and just forget to play altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom