• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

Just catching up on the 2.3 news. Maaaan, damn. That is a serious patch.

Now we get to sit and wait for ages until this shit actually gets through PTR.

Grampasso

The current top DH in ptr ran double unity, defensive bracer and leech passive. This world makes no sense anymore.
What do you mean double unity? It's a bug or was it sharing dmg with follower?
The reason for the def could be that now dmg in grift should be reduced, so maybe it's possible to take 1-2 hit even in higher grift from trash enemies?
From blue post:
- Monster damage in Greater Rifts above tier 25 has been significantly reduced

Speaking of which, since someone MANAGED to get into the PTR, could you let us know how are difficulties tied to GRift now that it is possible to clearly see them?
25 should match Torment VI, what about the other torment levels?

Robin64

Haven't actually played in a while now, but wow, 2.3 will be bringing me back. It seems to basically be expansion level content, just without the new class/act. Impressed.

Nighte

What do you mean double unity? It's a bug or was it sharing dmg with follower?
The reason for the def could be that now dmg in grift should be reduced, so maybe it's possible to take 1-2 hit even in higher grift from trash enemies?
From blue post:
- Monster damage in Greater Rifts above tier 25 has been significantly reduced

Speaking of which, since someone MANAGED to get into the PTR, could you let us know how are difficulties tied to GRift now that it is possible to clearly see them?
25 should match Torment VI, what about the other torment levels?

Cant remember myself here at work, but found this:

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/di...al-discussion/126724-question-about-torment-x

T7 - Lv30 - 1900% EXP
T8 - Lv35 - 2300% EXP
T9 - Lv40 - 2750% EXP
TX - Lv45 - 3300% EXP

I tried GR40 and found it quite easy, just the hp of some mobs had increased and the rift guardian had less hp.
All in all ppl who have farmed higher greater rifts shouldnt get much of a challenge from the new torment levels imo..

Jedi2016

So who else is starting to stock up on legendaries now just because the powers might be handy later once the patch drops? I'm regretting getting rid of some of them because they had shitty rolls. Now I need to find another Furnace.. hehe. Also need to go digging for a list of all legendary affixes so I can cherry-pick the ones I want. Picked up some Ice Climbers last night (Dex/DH, whilst on my barb.. whatever), those are definitely going in the Stash for now.

I don't suppose set bonuses count. I wouldn't imagine they would.

Lain

I'm curious how the cube would work with legacy legs that have better effects than current legs, like the Orpheus wand. I'm guessing only the new, weaker effect range would count if you feed it, but what if you reroll it? Would the new, weaker range take over as well in that case?

I'm curious how the cube would work with legacy legs that have better effects than current legs, like the Orpheus wand. I'm guessing only the new, weaker effect range would count if you feed it, but what if you reroll it? Would the new, weaker range take over as well in that case?
The way it works now is you have a full view of all legendaries and you unlock them. Pretty much means there won't be legacy passives to use.

Dahbomb

Seems like sets that include two items (F+R, Shenlongs, Chantodos, Bul Kathos) are going to be really easy to get godlike stats in 2.3 thanks to the re-roll set Cube power.

Basically if you convert a Shenlong, it will always become the other Shenlong piece. Not only that but you can re-roll that Shenlong piece back to the other one.

So if you have two Shenlongs (doesn't matter if they are two different or two of the same)... it's pretty easy to get double Ancient Shelongs with godly stats.

The Upgrade Rare item is also like a much, much better way to get the weapon you want vs gambling for it. Like you can "gamble" for a Kridershot by putting a Rare Bow in only before you had it competing with all the other weapons... now this Kridershot will only be competing against other bow:

Kridershot
Uskang
Longshot
Etrayu
The Raven's Wing
Cluckeye
Windforce
Leonine Bow of Hashir
Odyssey's End
the new Multishot bow

So it's only going to be taking from a pool of 10 items and Kridershot is weighted lower than other but this is WAY better than trying to gamble for a weapon through Bloodshards.

However, gambling for armor pieces using Shards is still valid.

It's going to be really easy to get geared up in 2.3. It will be a matter of playing the game a lot as opposed to being at the mercy of RNG. You will still be at the mercy of RNG but not nearly as much and you can target your items much better now.

Seems like sets that include two items (F+R, Shenlongs, Chantodos, Bul Kathos) are going to be really easy to get godlike stats in 2.3 thanks to the re-roll set Cube power.

Basically if you convert a Shenlong, it will always become the other Shenlong piece. Not only that but you can re-roll that Shenlong piece back to the other one.

So if you have two Shenlongs (doesn't matter if they are two different or two of the same)... it's pretty easy to get double Ancient Shelongs with godly stats.

What's the cost differential between the re-roll legendary and change set piece? Seems like an oversight on their part as the intended method is being circumvented. If you're going for a specific ancient, the system clearly is designed around you re-rolling that specific item using the legendary reroll; whereas the set reroll is supposed to help you complete a set, not to optimize its stats. Of course, it only applies to a small amount of items, so it may not be worth their time to come up with some kind of fix or tuning.

Syntek

It's going to be really easy to get geared up in 2.3. It will be a matter of playing the game a lot as opposed to being at the mercy of RNG. You will still be at the mercy of RNG but not nearly as much and you can target your items much better now.

Yep, barring some sheer dumb luck, virtually all the epic loots are going to be "crafted" from the cube.

Let's see: 25 Death Breaths for a guaranteed legendary of the type you designate. T6 speed runs with Sage's set nets you about 300 Death Breaths in one hour. Let's say we are aiming for SMK, which has a 4% chance among Ceremonial Daggers. So on average, you'll find a starter SMK in about 600 Death Breaths....or about 2 hours worth of farming.

If this SMK rolled Ancient, then you are 99% of the way into the end game; every other Ceremonial Dagger you find from this point onward is to be converted directly to Forgotten Souls...which you can then use to reforge that starter SMK into an Ancient one in about 500 Forgotten Souls. Current GR speed run nets 50+ Souls in one hour...so about another 10 hours worth of farming. Tack on another hour or two for the bounty materials.

This is a fairly achievable goal for even the most casual D3 players.

Hedge

Going for the rainbow sword in Whimseyshire is apparently very time-consuming. Does it only drop off the purple mobs, or does it have the potential to drop off of any mob?

Addnan

I have a lobby, cube has been found already but the bounties have not been done. we have ONE spot for anyone that wants in. Quote this quickly. We need a player asap.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
these 3 changes alone are fucking amazing

Reforge a Legendary Item: Completely re-rolls a Legendary item as though it had dropped for the first time. This includes any powers that may have been previously enchanted on the item. Note that reforged items may re-roll as either Ancient or non-Ancient, so reforge at your own discretion!

Upgrade Rare Item: Upgrades the quality of a level 70 Rare item to Legendary. This item will roll as a randomized Legendary that shares that item's equipment type.

Convert Set Item: Converts a Set item to a randomized piece of gear from the same Set. For example, if you convert a pair of Asheara's Finders, you could get Asheara's Custodian, Asheara's Pace, or Asheara's Ward in return.

Anno

Hey all. Going to get back into this I think now that I have more time to whack skeletons. Quick question, though: what bothered me most when D3 launched as a wizard and WD was using primary left-click skills that didn't use my weapon really. Is there a class that (for at least a good portion of the game) features a primary attack that invokes hitting something with a sword or shooting it with an arrow? I'm sure things change later on with crazy gear and you're spamming bells everywhere or whatever, but I'd like to feel like my weapon is actually doing something as much as possible.

Thanks in advance for entertaining my silly question

Nokterian

This patch is gonna change the game how it first changed with 2.0 fucking amazing. Also guys i am getting a full diablo tattoo sleeve (showed malthael all ready here a few pages back) it's gonna be a huge project but i am excited for it!

Addnan

Can finally test this in solo. Looks broken af.

vFhM2PW.png

Grampasso

So who else is starting to stock up on legendaries now just because the powers might be handy later once the patch drops? I'm regretting getting rid of some of them because they had shitty rolls. Now I need to find another Furnace.. hehe. Also need to go digging for a list of all legendary affixes so I can cherry-pick the ones I want. Picked up some Ice Climbers last night (Dex/DH, whilst on my barb.. whatever), those are definitely going in the Stash for now.

I don't suppose set bonuses count. I wouldn't imagine they would.

I got rid of my lv60 kridershot a few days before the patch was datamined :°

Dahbomb

Man Quin69 came with a pure generator build with Monk that pushes GR60 easily.

It's pretty obvious that Shenlong set was made for a pure Generator Monk build. Having it play with the other sets is a problem in the design of the 2nd affix on there. It's too easy to out pace the Spirit degen and thus even though it has anti synergy with Raiment set which is super Spirit intensive.... it doesn't really matter if you have to play a little awkwardly when you are getting so much of a damage boost.

Then there's the issue of it's interaction with the SSS set and the Strong Spirit EP rune. You can always be full Spirit with that spec and always have the Shenlong buff. Things might get out of control when the Lion's Claw weapon hits the PTR (assuming it's giving a 4x damage buff like some people are predicting).

hitgirl

I need help on my Crusader build. Been sorta just aimlessly doing stuff, on Torment 4. I have a ring that buffs my archers so I've been sort of doing a build around that. However I've got two Roland's pieces and two Arkhan peices so I'd like to start using a Shield Glare / Arkarats Champion build. But I don't know how that build works, I just know it's popular and what you should move to when you get some Arkhan and Roland pieces.

Sober

I need help on my Crusader build. Been sorta just aimlessly doing stuff, on Torment 4. I have a ring that buffs my archers so I've been sort of doing a build around that. However I've got two Roland's pieces and two Arkhan peices so I'd like to start using a Shield Glare / Arkarats Champion build. But I don't know how that build works, I just know it's popular and what you should move to when you get some Arkhan and Roland pieces.
For holy shotgun, you want 6pc Akkan. 4Pc bare minimum but you want to be able to roll around in 6pc and have Akarat's Champion with almost 100% uptime. You also need the 2H flail that lets you holy shotgun by firing 3 beams of Heaven's Fury as your main damage skill.

hitgirl

For holy shotgun, you want 6pc Akkan. 4Pc bare minimum but you want to be able to roll around in 6pc and have Akarat's Champion with almost 100% uptime. You also need the 2H flail that lets you holy shotgun by firing 3 beams of Heaven's Fury as your main damage skill.

Gotcha, guess I should look for another build then because I don't have 4 Akkan. What else is my options with 2 Rolands and a Akhan Helm and Shield?

Addnan

The new reflect pack needs to changed before 2.3 live. The thing is horrible to deal with as DH. Just no downtime on the reflect.

Sober

Gotcha, guess I should look for another build then because I don't have 4 Akkan. What else is my options with 2 Rolands and a Akhan Helm and Shield?
I don't play Crusader into endgame, but Akkhan or Roland's are really the only two viable sets. I dunno what build you have right now but it seems like most people just go hammerdin (Blessed Hammer) or something else until they can accumulate gear. Here's 2 builds for example:

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/22793-beginner-crusader-build-guide-2-1-2-fr-en
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/1082-ultimate-synergetic-non-gear-dependant-holy-cause

At that point you kinda just press buttons and hit spenders when you can etc. I personally did not particularly like Crusader, especially after you play Barb or Monk; the Crusader seems really slow in mobility and playstyles. They really need to revamp the class so there's more mobility options (Barb has leap, sprint, charge and monk has a blink on really quick CD vs crusader horse) and how generators and spenders work (generators are way too slow or weak, don't generate enough, pool is way too small vs. spender costs, passive resource regen options pathetic IMO).

Either way, those builds are not-gear dependent. I would say maybe wear your 2pc Akkhan's for the 500 STR bonus to min/max. Get an RoRG as early as possible to get to 6pc whichever set you stumble into sooner.

There's a few links to different builds on the D3 Crusader subreddit, those might be helpful: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Crusaders (Check the sidebar)

Quick glance though; it seems like you're probably more likely to alter your build depending on the flail/2H flail that you get, as that plays a bit part in what your big spender will probably be. Some aren't too dependent on weapon (the big thing and generally toughest thing to acquire) and you can try to roll with the biggest 2H you can get your hands on, others almost require that (2H) Flail to make the build work in some way or another.

Make sure you gamble your blood shards on armour for the set pieces. The pieces can be shit, just fill out the set bonus as that itself will generally carry you easily into T6 or so even if you min roll all the stats on set gear. Weapon will just come to you or you can pick a weapon less-dependent build and maybe craft something to work for you in the meanwhile.

hitgirl

I don't play Crusader into endgame, but Akkhan or Roland's are really the only two viable sets. I dunno what build you have right now but it seems like most people just go hammerdin (Blessed Hammer) or something else until they can accumulate gear. Here's 2 builds for example:

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/22793-beginner-crusader-build-guide-2-1-2-fr-en
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/1082-ultimate-synergetic-non-gear-dependant-holy-cause

At that point you kinda just press buttons and hit spenders when you can etc. I personally did not particularly like Crusader, especially after you play Barb or Monk; the Crusader seems really slow in mobility and playstyles. They really need to revamp the class so there's more mobility options (Barb has leap, sprint, charge and monk has a blink on really quick CD vs crusader horse) and how generators and spenders work (generators are way too slow or weak, don't generate enough, pool is way too small vs. spender costs, passive resource regen options pathetic IMO).

Either way, those builds are not-gear dependent. I would say maybe wear your 2pc Akkhan's for the 500 STR bonus to min/max. Get an RoRG as early as possible to get to 6pc whichever set you stumble into sooner.

There's a few links to different builds on the D3 Crusader subreddit, those might be helpful: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Crusaders (Check the sidebar)

Quick glance though; it seems like you're probably more likely to alter your build depending on the flail/2H flail that you get, as that plays a bit part in what your big spender will probably be. Some aren't too dependent on weapon (the big thing and generally toughest thing to acquire) and you can try to roll with the biggest 2H you can get your hands on, others almost require that (2H) Flail to make the build work in some way or another.

Make sure you gamble your blood shards on armour for the set pieces. The pieces can be shit, just fill out the set bonus as that itself will generally carry you easily into T6 or so even if you min roll all the stats on set gear. Weapon will just come to you or you can pick a weapon less-dependent build and maybe craft something to work for you in the meanwhile.

Great, thanks so much for the help.

Addnan

Why wouldn't it make it, yeah it allows to spam but it won't make UE better than Nats and allow for higher pushes.. The bow won't become solo meta, it's fun and improves UE a lot, but Nats still wins.

Wallach

I think it was mostly put on the bow to counteract the opportunity cost of the legendary affix, but I think it could come off too potent as a non-legendary affix on the other side of the resource bar. That has a pretty significant impact on Discipline management which this set is meant put a spotlight on.

Whether UE ultimately outpaces Nat's I couldn't say - especially this early into exploring Kanai's options or examining the impact of the CC changes for Nat's - but I could see them rolling that affix down into the legendary affix and making it either MS or Hatred specific before 2.3 goes live.

Can't say I'm real invested either way as I have no desire to continue dealing with solo DH runs with the version of Reflect that is on PTR. Fuck that noise.

Celegus

It wouldn't hit until after Season 3 ends, which is still going. Probably 6-8 weeks out.

Yikes, I was hoping for 3-4 weeks from now. I'm still not a fan of seasons, but maybe I'll find someone to power level me after a week or two so that I can play with GAF folks again. S3 got pretty lonely in non-season land.

eek5

Yikes, I was hoping for 3-4 weeks from now. I'm still not a fan of seasons, but maybe I'll find someone to power level me after a week or two so that I can play with GAF folks again. S3 got pretty lonely in non-season land.

BRO I'LL PL U IN AN HR OR WHATEVER HIT ME UP

neoism

Once again, Blizzard drops the ball on PTR capacity. 9 hour queue SMH.

9muspVA.gif

as fun as they can be this and getting used to the insane drop rates plus getting to keep nothing is why I have and never will do ptr... your just QAing there game for them for free.. because if they didn't it would be a bug and glitch feast at launch.

I do love this game still for what it does to me, its one of the only games I can cold turkey quit for months and then come back and play for months... I've found that the season only give me about 3-4 weeks pf play though so I hope this new patch... will really add something new and different.. Seasons are too long... :/ they really should only be about 2 months max... but they need a lot of time for patches...

Baliis

After a week or so once people finish their sets up, powerleveling is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom