• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Seasons realllllly need to be 10-12 weeks max. It's so incredibly quick to hit the endgame that most people hit it within a week tops, then stick around for another 2-3 weeks gearing up and then they hit the endgame wall or get bored and leave until next season. They either need to be shaking things up considerably more than they are right now (which to be fair they are here with this patch) or making them shorter. I find there to be very very little excuse to not play Seasons at this point, we had people in the clan at Para 200 within a few days, it's disgustingly easy to level up. And if you wait maybe a week tops people will be geared enough to power-level you in an hour so it's not a big deal really.

My guess will be near the end of july it goes very fast last time they also did that with season 2 to 3.

They already said Season 3 would be 4 months long, and they've also stated that going forward patches would drop in-between seasons. Season 3 started on April 10th, which means the soonest it will end is about August 10th (they also said we'll get a 30-day heads up which hasn't happened yet obviously). So even if they adhere to a super-strict 4 month window on Season 3 and drop 2.3 the next day (unlikely) that's 5 weeks from today at the absolute minimum.

My guess is that Season 3 will end either on August 9/10 (Sun/Mon) or 16/17 (Sun/Mon), 2.3 will hit live that Tuesday or Wednesday, and Season 4 will start that Friday night. I saw some people who said that Blizzard generally intends for their to be a two week window between seasons and the one-week that happened last time was an anomaly, but I can't find any source on that so no idea if that's true or not.

WD mana spenders need an overhaul, trying to use them with Arachnyr/Helltooth is such a pain in the ass and results in way less dps than fetishes.

There was only one time a viable build worked with a mana spender and that was zombie bears and it was way too specific of a use (back against wall so 3 bears charge in same line) to make it work.

Also wall of death is shit. Such a thin line or circle for mobs to get hit and benefit from the set WHILE having a long CD. Also mana issues.

Sober

I've yet to play WD but is it as bad as Crusaders are? Spenders are way too expensive and generators are pretty crappy for the most part.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Is there any room in the US GAF clan? I am Damisa#1428

I've been majorly back into D3 lately. At least 2-3 hours a day, sometimes more.

I'd love to get back into the GAF clan - I had a lot of fun when I used to play with those guys and share loot and do runs and all that stuff.

FaidSint#1586 - some of you might still have me on your friends list. I'd love to get in the clan if possible and if its not, feel free to add me and do some runs.

See you out there, guys!

Ok, there are invites pending for you both now. Make sure to get on there and accept within the next six days or they'll expire.

hitgirl

How can I maximize my things I spend with Khadea. I got about 115 per rift and at this pace I feel like it will take forever to get geared. Im solo T5.

eek5

How can I maximize my things I spend with Khadea. I got about 115 per rift and at this pace I feel like it will take forever to get geared. Im solo T5.

There are some slots where you're more likely to get set drops for cheaper. Off the top of my head, for most classes, it's something like boots, shoulders, pants, gloves

Dahbomb

I've yet to play WD but is it as bad as Crusaders are? Spenders are way too expensive and generators are pretty crappy for the most part.
This is the case for every class in the game.

Every class basically has "bad" spenders and generators now. They all need Sets/Legendaryes to make them good.

I would rather have a skill that does high damage and is expensive but does mediocre damage and is cheap. That's because there are quite a few tools to reduce cost of spells in the game or gain enough generation to allow spamming of spells. Problem is that without Sets even if you can spam a spell non stop the damage is irrelevant.

To put it in plain DBZ terms:

Your basic skills are at the power level of normal humans. It doesn't matter how many times your punches land on Freeza, they will do no damage. You can have unlimited stamina and hit Freeza for a year yet still no phase him.

But if you go Super Saiyan (ie. you acquire Sets), now you can damage Freeza all of a sudden. What's more is that the new form gives you better defenses, better stamina and better speed as well. So everything you had before was pointless in terms of power level, the only thing that matters now is how powerful your Super Saiyan boost is (ie. how powerful your Sets are).

Blizzard has all but stopped balancing skills too much in terms of damage/cost. They give minor damage buffs here and there don't mean much. The type of buffs they should be making is stuff like animation like what they did to Dashing Strike. The crux of the balancing is handled in the Class sets.

Celegus

After a week or so once people finish their sets up, powerleveling is a joke.

Yeah, but I'm still not crazy about recollecting all the things I already have since I have all classes to 70 and nearly every set. Especially leveling gems if I want to push for higher GRs, but maybe that will be better with the new system.

MrDaravon

Yeah, but I'm still not crazy about recollecting all the things I already have since I have all classes to 70 and nearly every set. Especially leveling gems if I want to push for higher GRs, but maybe that will be better with the new system.

I had a full Ancient Nat set within like 7-10 days tops lol. I'm with you on the gems, but I think eliminating Trials is going to make that waaaaaay more palatable, especially since realistically you only need to prioritize upgrading 3 gems anyway.

I mean yes let's say even two weeks out from Season start if you have all ancient stuff or whatever you're operating at maybe 10-15% less than off-season character (due to para levels and maybe a crazy ancient weapon or something); it doesn't really matter that much, absolute worst case maybe you're only able to do one Torment lower than you can off-season, and that's only because they added Torment 7-10. Up until now you can be facemelting T6 in a week so unless you were trying to push GR leaderboards super hard it's kinda a moot point.

IceMarker

I absolutely love the new Crusader set. LONG LIVE HAMMERDIN!

5SjzflL.jpg

I'm critting upwards of 400m per hammer.

x7KcWPq.gif

My gear is the new Blessed Hammer/Falling Sword set, Johanna's Argument (Kanai's Cube weapon slot), Gabriel's Vambraces, and Guard of Johanna. To top it off I'm using a non-ancient Schaefer's Hammer combine with a bunch of +lightning skill affixes. It will be crazy to see how high we can push the hammer DPS. Unfortunately, I was only able to try the new set on T3 as everything higher has a huge queue time. When this goes live in a month or so, this game is sucking me back in for sure!

Xanathus

Is there a list of all the obtainable cosmetics for the wardrobe and how to get them? Just want to make sure I'm not missing out on something easy.

Celegus

I absolutely love the new Crusader set. LONG LIVE HAMMERDIN!

My gear is the new Blessed Hammer/Falling Sword set, Johanna's Argument (Kanai's Cube weapon slot), Gabriel's Vambraces, and Guard of Johanna. To top it off I'm using a non-ancient Schaefer's Hammer combine with a bunch of +lightning skill affixes. It will be crazy to see how high we can push the hammer DPS. Unfortunately, I was only able to try the new set on T3 as everything higher has a huge queue time. When this goes live in a month or so, this game is sucking me back in for sure!

I need all of this and I NEED IT NOW. Pretty cool that they added new items named after Johanna from Heroes of the Storm (who is totally awesome).

Monk in PTR right now is just insane.

Literally destroying GT60 with pure Generator build.

I love the crusader aesthetic and it hits that D2 hammerdin nostalgia to boot. If I go monk it's mostly because I want something fresh as I've done crusader a lot (even if this would be a new build, which is still an 'old' build kind of XD), not just because it's really good this patch.

The awesome thing with the blessed hammer build is that you can change it into a long ranged build using Justice generator and it'll spawn a hammer when it hits something.

FaidSint

Clan admins - I got a clan invite (thanks Raticus!) after being active and playing with a couple GAF'ers (I used to be in the clan a while ago but I was inactive for a while).

However, I can't accept the invite because the clan is full. Will there be an inactive purge anytime?

IceMarker

However, I can't accept the invite because the clan is full. Will there be an inactive purge anytime?

Well, now that it's easier for us to see who is inactive (I can't speak on behalf of the rest of the officers and Raticus), but I think we should do one shortly before 2.3 goes live on the main servers.

RoRG is going straight into the cube. fuck that noise
To be honest, at this point, I'd really prefer that Blizzard just sort their shit out regarding set items. 6 piece? Make it a 5 piece. 4 piece? make it a 3 piece. 2 piece? Just cut it to an individual legendary with the unique property.

RoRG is an item that never should have existed in the game. Making a game that champions randomly rolled bits of loot, then making one particular item a BiS for every single character, is/has/was/will always be a bad idea.

Addnan

rorg was only bis for monk this season.. Everyone else used F+R or CoE+obsidian. Well I don't know about WD, the rest any way.

XShagrath

I'll be back for 2.3 as well. This new patch looks great!

I doubt it will stay as awesome as it seems to be on the PTR. The game for me is wanting to just run through mobs with little problems. I watch these videos of high level GRs from time to time where it takes them forever just to kill a single mob, and it bores the shit out of me. I just want to run around and one-shot everything. I don't care if it's easy or dumb.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Any idea when 2.3 will hit live? It's got me hyped but the queues on PTR aren't worth suffering through

J. Bravo

I'll be back for 2.3 as well. This new patch looks great!

I doubt it will stay as awesome as it seems to be on the PTR. The game for me is wanting to just run through mobs with little problems. I watch these videos of high level GRs from time to time where it takes them forever just to kill a single mob, and it bores the shit out of me. I just want to run around and one-shot everything. I don't care if it's easy or dumb.
Then don't play high level grifts. Work on speed running tx. That's grift lvl 45 it's very possible.

XShagrath

Then don't play high level grifts. Work on speed running tx. That's grift lvl 45 it's very possible.
Oh, I never have played high level rifts. I think the highest I've been able to do is like 35 (solo). I like to play builds where I don't have to think too much. I thought the "god monk" build from this season would be cool with the dashing strike everywhere, but it required too much active playing for me. I'll have to check out what the cool builds are for next season, and try to pick one that meshes with my playstyle better.

Chocobro

My cousin (Solus in the D3 GAF clan) and I will be playing again once 2.3 hits live. Just around the time I move back to NYC and I won't have to play on my gimped Macbook Pro anymore lol.

Just finding out about the cube. Holy shit! It's like everything I complained about about items/mats is being addressed.

Absorbing legendary abilities is bonkers. I can already tell what abilities people are gonna use a mile off but its still pretty cool. Getting fresh items! Even though getting those 1% ancient rare items is still gonna take forever at least you've got some of the work done finding the first one. The random set item thing is kind of broken compared to that for set weapons. Don't doubt they'll remove the ability to put weapons into the cube with this option. Converting mats/gems, this shit is crazy.

Xanathus

Haha I think I came back too early to D3, I already have a complete 4IK/6WW Barb set up within less than a week of playing and now I'm bored again until 2.3 starts up.

Dahbomb

Having the set pieces is not gearing up D: that's just the start.
I know that. I am saying that getting your ancient weapons, upgrading your gems and basically getting what you want is going to be a lot easier and quicker in 2.3.

Well the Cube recipes are going to change so we will see how that pans out but at the moment it's definitely a lot easier to gear up in 2.3 than 2.2.

Syntek

Well the Cube recipes are going to change so we will see how that pans out but at the moment it's definitely a lot easier to gear up in 2.3 than 2.2.

Hope they work something in that uses Ramaladnis now that every other material has a sink. Something like converting a Ramaladni into 10 cache mats of each Act would be nice.

MrDaravon

Hopped on for a bit today to freshen up a bit ahead of 2.3/Season 4, already have totally forgotten everything lol. I feel like I have no idea what I'm going to be aiming for in Season 4, right now my DH is running Fire UE with an Ancient Arcane Barb but skimming reddit seems like many of the legendary bows are better than xbows now for Fire UE for various reasons. I hate not playing this game for a while and getting just enough out of touch with whatever is going on to make it a pain to re-figure everything out >_>.

Still don't know what class I'm going to run with for Season 4, probably still DH but everything I've heard about the reflect damage pack changes sounds abysmal for DH's so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom