• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get through the queue because people are inviting into a group and that lets them cut in line and add more to the queue. Basically the queue is endless unless you find a group. Seriously don't bother waiting.

Yup, there's a fixed number of games allowed for each difficulty level and game mode (season/hardcore). People can get in by joining existing games. Otherwise, the people in the queue are just waiting for a game of their chosen type to end before the server will allow a new one to start.

It's not like the servers processing the queues are slow, people in games just aren't ever leaving.

Dahbomb

I am afraid they are going to nerf this new SSS set. Especially if that weapon stays.

You can get SSS cooldown low enough where you have like 90% up time on SSS. On top of that the interaction between EP Strong Spirit rune and the new Shenlong is insane, you have 100% uptime on the buff in a high density fight.

Dude to the way SSS works, you are basically doing massive AOE + single target damage while having near full Spirit and Shenlong bonus WHILE being invincible. There's only a small window where you are vulnerable. With Madstone you don't even need to use your Generators to apply the EP in the first place so it's basically just pressing SSS to win.

But this set is satisfying as hell!

I also think Shenlong isn't being used like Blizzard designed it to be. It clearly seems to be a set designed for Generator builds but the Monk has many ways to basically out pace the 65 spirit loss where they can just have the 300% buff all the time. So now people are just using that for both the Raiment and the SSS set.

Raticus79

I feel like a really bad anime character

f24Nrbu.png

Popnbake

I am afraid they are going to nerf this new SSS set. Especially if that weapon stays.

You can get SSS cooldown low enough where you have like 90% up time on SSS. On top of that the interaction between EP Strong Spirit rune and the new Shenlong is insane, you have 100% uptime on the buff in a high density fight.

Dude to the way SSS works, you are basically doing massive AOE + single target damage while having near full Spirit and Shenlong bonus WHILE being invincible. There's only a small window where you are vulnerable. With Madstone you don't even need to use your Generators to apply the EP in the first place so it's basically just pressing SSS to win.

But this set is satisfying as hell!

I also think Shenlong isn't being used like Blizzard designed it to be. It clearly seems to be a set designed for Generator builds but the Monk has many ways to basically out pace the 65 spirit loss where they can just have the 300% buff all the time. So now people are just using that for both the Raiment and the SSS set.

From Quin's steam using the holy and cold sss builds, while being a nice change of pace the set wasn't as op as I thought it would be with madstone. He even thought it needed to be buffed or sss needed an skill update.

Other than the near constant uptime of invulnerability the sss set was definitely lacking in damage when compared to the raiment set.
Of course that could change with the season exclusive sss weapon but we'll have to wait and see for that.

As for those shenlong weapon, they were just ridiculous with raiment and sss so if anything was being nerfed, they might be the first to take a hit.

eek5

If the new weapon doubles the strikes and duration it should be possible to achieve 100% uptime right? Pretty much breaks the game even if the dmg isn't great. If it just doubles the damage that probably makes it more competitive with raiment

Raticus79

If the new weapon doubles the strikes and duration it should be possible to achieve 100% uptime right? Pretty much breaks the game even if the dmg isn't great. If it just doubles the damage that probably makes it more competitive with raiment

Yeah, unfortunately I think they'll need to make the cooldown work like serenity (counter starts when it ends).

Dahbomb

From Quin's steam using the holy and cold sss builds, while being a nice change of pace the set wasn't as op as I thought it would be with madstone. He even thought it needed to be buffed or sss needed an skill update.

Other than the near constant uptime of invulnerability the sss set was definitely lacking in damage when compared to the raiment set.
Of course that could change with the season exclusive sss weapon but we'll have to wait and see for that.

As for those shenlong weapon, they were just ridiculous with raiment and sss so if anything was being nerfed, they might be the first to take a hit.
Yeah the SSS build doesn't do as much damage as the raiment set (though it can clear GR60) but you have to realize that it's missing it's Season weapon which essentially quadruples its damage output. So you have to keep that in mind when evaluating the set.

People have been saying that SSS needed a skill update for years now. The targetting on the SSS is jank as fuck and scales poorly with the amount of mobs on screen. Blizzard did their best to make a set around it to cover its weaknesses though. I think that every SSS should basically have the Fulminating Onslaught rune ability and that rune should be something else. Blizzards answer to it was basically make a set that increases its damage to ridiculous numbers, had one of the set bonuses set off EP to take care of SSS's AOE problems and make like 4 different items that buff SSS (Madstone, Flow of Eternity, Binding of the Lost and Lion's Claw). This is most likely how they are going to handle weak skills in the game... just make some crazy set that utilizes the skills plus add some Legendaries.

I think what's gonna end up happening with SSS is that Blizzard might nerf something about its cooldown so you can't just be invulnerable all the time while doing damage. Basically they will make it so that the cooldown triggers AFTER you get out of SSS as opposed to after you activate it (sort of like how the other invulnerable skills were nerfed). Then they are probably going to switch around the 4pc and 6 pc bonuses plus nerf the Shenlong set to basically not be usable with Raiment at the minimum.

Marvel

could never
I decided buy buy an xbox one with a copy of this, actually really excited to to try it. My first Diablo game, totally in the mood for this sort of game right now.

Addnan

I have 1 T10 lobby, bounties are complete so you can only do rifts. If you want the lobby add me Addnan#2643 I am going to leave it for another lobby in 5mins as of this post.

RIP

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I have 1 T10 lobby, bounties are complete so you can only do rifts. If you want the lobby add me Addnan#2643 I am going to leave it for another lobby in 5mins as of this post.

RIP

So how difficult is T10?

Before the PTR hit, TryHardGaming speculated that it might be roughly equivalent to TR 42, going by the way difficulty scales in GRifts. Do you confirm?

What's the bonus % on XP, gold and magic find in T10?

Addnan

It's GR45. It's quite hard with my DH setup which is super glass cannon it is hard to run through it because getting instagibbed.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
so apparently you can still use the cube to open a portal to greeds realm

You just have no way of closing it after lol

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My brother was in game-creation queue yesterday from the time I got home from work until after I went to bed. That PTR thirst is something.

evilalien

Yeah the SSS build doesn't do as much damage as the raiment set (though it can clear GR60) but you have to realize that it's missing it's Season weapon which essentially quadruples its damage output. So you have to keep that in mind when evaluating the set.

Yeah all of these streamers calling for the set to be buffed keep ignoring that this season 4 weapon that isn't on PTR will quadruple SSS damage. I'm sure it will be competitive with dashing strike with that, especially if Shenlong's gets nerfed like I suspect it will.

Syntek

Reflect damage change is...not good. It seems that at any point, at least one mob will have reflect activated. There's effectively zero window to attack except using strictly single target skills. .

Dahbomb

Feels weird to consider we might be looking at a nerf to the Strong Spirit rune on exploding palm, lol. Times have changed.
Nah that rune is fine.

The problem is simply the Shenlong set. Even if you remove Strong Spirit, Monk has plenty of ways to out race the decay and keep up the buff for the entire fight.

I also think the Shenlongs were not meant to be used with the Raiment 6 PC. Seems like they wanted it to get used by other weirder Monk builds as opposed to just buffing the best Monk builds. Like you can put Shenlongs with SWK and it would actually buff the set dramatically as well.

Jas

If you get on PTR do your bounties in the Act that has the bonus marked on the map. When you complete a Act that has the bonus do the next Act that has bonus.
You''ll get twice as many mats doing it this way.

On T10 if you go in the order of the bonus Acts you'll get 8 mats instead of 4 for each Act.

On T8 you also get 8 mats instead of 4.

Skab

Decided to try out the PTR and the shortest Torment queue I can find is 1hr6min... TX is 4hr17min right now, lol.

How did I ever have the tolerance for this?

Give it a couple days. Lot's of people just wanting to see what the new stuff is like.

Syntek

If you get on PTR do your bounties in the Act that has the bonus marked on the map. When you complete a Act that has the bonus do the next Act that has bonus.
You''ll get twice as many mats doing it this way.

On T10 if you go in the order of the bonus Acts you'll get 8 mats instead of 4 for each Act.

On T8 you also get 8 mats instead of 4.

Oh nice...I figured it'd be one mat per cache. Takes 5 to reforge right? It's going to take less than a week get get Ancient version of everything for those in non-season.

Jas

Oh nice...I figured it'd be one mat per cache. Takes 5 to reforge right? It's going to take less than a week get get Ancient version of everything for those in non-season.

You get 2 caches from doing the bonus Act, the regular horadic cache and a bonus cache each have 4 of the new mats on T8 and T10. I heard T6 gives 3 new mats per cache but I haven't done T6 yet so not sure.

Reforging a legendary is 5 of each of the new mats and 50 forgotten souls. Haven't tried reforging yet since getting the mats are a little bit time consuming right now because of the queues haha.

partyboy

It's the dumbass 2000% drop buff. Everyone's climbing over each other trying to get to those loot showers.

If Blizzard want people to test the new sets, just make pre-made characters with all the new/changed items or whatever. Because I guarantee if they lose that 2000% buff the queue times will plummet.

Dahbomb

It's the dumbass 2000% drop buff. Everyone's climbing over each other trying to get to those loot showers.

If Blizzard want people to test the new sets, just make pre-made characters with all the new/changed items or whatever. Because I guarantee if they lose that 2000% buff the queue times will plummet.
Because the PTR is more than just about testing items. It's about testing the various RNG elements in the game and the interactions. If you give someone an item but it doesn't have the rolls required for a particular build (not enough CDR) then the person is forced to search for that item again. And when you are testing you can't really have regular drop rate because it would take a really long time to test items and builds.

There are also various other factors. Blizzard also uses the PTR to see patterns in player behaviors and playstyles.

Dahbomb

So does it matter if you get sick loot in the PTR? You can't carry it over to the main game right? So why are people freaking out over the 2000% drop rate?
Because they can feel like a god getting all the epic loot fast.

But really for someone like me the appeal to playing PTR is to try out the new sets and mechanics in the game plus theory craft some builds.

For hardcore competitive players, they play the PTR to feel out the OP builds so they can target towards them earlier when doing their season races or whatever.

FaidSint

I've been majorly back into D3 lately. At least 2-3 hours a day, sometimes more.

I'd love to get back into the GAF clan - I had a lot of fun when I used to play with those guys and share loot and do runs and all that stuff.

FaidSint#1586 - some of you might still have me on your friends list. I'd love to get in the clan if possible and if its not, feel free to add me and do some runs.

See you out there, guys!

Because they can feel like a god getting all the epic loot fast.

But really for someone like me the appeal to playing PTR is to try out the new sets and mechanics in the game plus theory craft some builds.

For hardcore competitive players, they play the PTR to feel out the OP builds so they can target towards them earlier when doing their season races or whatever.
All fair reasons, I'm interested in playing but these queue times are scaring me off for now, I can check back in a few weeks when it's not as busy.
The new Demon Hunter multishot bow is insane. Stack so much RCR and just spam the hell out of multishot. Fun stuff.

Delicious, I've been looking for a bow to compliment my Multishot build, also that belt will fit in well too.

All fair reasons, I'm interested in playing but these queue times are scaring me off for now, I can check back in a few weeks when it's not as busy.

Delicious, I've been looking for a bow to compliment my Multishot build, also that belt will fit in well too.

As soon as they remove the 2000% buff, queues magically poof. Crazy that people play for that buff when the game itself does not take long at all to get what you want.

I give up, I realize you need to farm bounties to really use the cube and you can't do that atm.

Sober

As soon as they remove the 2000% buff, queues magically poof. Crazy that people play for that buff when the game itself does not take long at all to get what you want.

I give up, I realize you need to farm bounties to really use the cube and you can't do that atm.

Why people care so much about drop rates that have no lasting effect cause PTR progress is wiped confounds me.

Grampasso

So that is Quin? Wish I hadn't known... sounds like an overly exalted guy.
And btw those queues totally pissed me all, at first was 4 hours, then 6... ok, see you when you go live, 2.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom