• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
PTR season 4 coming up Thursday:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18300221759#1

Nevalistis said:
Attention, nephalem,

Season 3 will be ending on the PTR today, July 7, at 5:00 p.m. PDT. This is in preparation for the launch of Season 4 on the PTR, which will begin Thursday, July 9 at 5:00 p.m. PDT.

Seasonal characters will roll over to non-Seasonal just as they do when a Season ends on live. Note that importing a character from live after the start of Season 4 will automatically convert your Seasonal characters to non-Seasonal; Season 4 characters must be leveled in the Season 4 environment.

Thank you, as always, for your diligent testing and excellent feedback!

---

However, I can't accept the invite because the clan is full.

Ok, try again and it should work this time.

Is there a clan for PTR right now?

Yup, search for NeoGAF there. There are a few randoms in there and all the real members are officers - if anyone's acting up people can boot them.

Well, now that it's easier for us to see who is inactive (I can't speak on behalf of the rest of the officers and Raticus), but I think we should do one shortly before 2.3 goes live on the main servers.

I've just been removing those who have been idle the longest as requests come up. Will probably need to do a bunch at once when 2.3 arrives.

Dahbomb

Probably going to have that recipe nerf, the DH items changed to actually make sense and Shenlongs nerf.

Really curious to see performance of the SSS set with the Lion's Claw weapon.

I just got my PS4 and a copy of RoS. I played a ton on xbox360 before but I needed to upgrade because of patch support.

My friendslist is still empty, so if anyone wants to add me my PSN ID is BaphometsBlood

Cheers

Vestal

Someone help me out here.

How is it possible that my nephew has got 2 rank 1billion something legendary Gems on the console?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Console versions are hacked to hell and back.

PC version being online only was totally a mistake tho right guys

Vestal

So I guess whoever gave it to him either got it from some hacker or hacked it himself. Nephew is only 10 so I don't think he could come up with a way to do it hehe.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Hi PCD3Gaf. New patch is generally looking good. Keep the faith.
For future reference, the Console D3 Leper Colony is here - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872639

My personal advice is to seek the IDs of players rather than ask to be added. The Console friends list cannot be edited in any way (not even sorted), so most regular players are actually loathe to add new people because they can never be removed from the list and never stop receiving Legendary gifts no matter how long ago they have quit playing.

It's fascinating to me how hacked items have been and will always be a gigantic problem for most of the players, yet it's so easy to remove yourself from any interaction with it. Remove the items, quit the L100 grifts, ignore the players. Out of sight, out of mind. Yet it will always be a problem.

But still, yes, the comatose console player base really does prove that this kind of game does in fact demand that kind of control. The people cannot help themselves.

(+2.25 APS on a Gizzard? lol. Oh, those wacky hackers, what will they discover next?)

Lain

I'd take hacked items and characters (in the offline part of the game) over the online only for everything part of D3, personally. It's the only thing that's rubbed me the wrong way since day 1, when leaving the game for 5 minutes and coming back to a "lost connection to the server fuck you" window was the first in a long list of times I'd face that unbeatable monster.

For future reference, the Console D3 Leper Colony is here - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872639

My personal advice is to seek the IDs of players rather than ask to be added. The Console friends list cannot be edited in any way (not even sorted), so most regular players are actually loathe to add new people because they can never be removed from the list and never stop receiving Legendary gifts no matter how long ago they have quit playing.

thanks!

eek5

I'd take hacked items and characters (in the offline part of the game) over the online only for everything part of D3, personally. It's the only thing that's rubbed me the wrong way since day 1, when leaving the game for 5 minutes and coming back to a "lost connection to the server fuck you" window was the first in a long list of times I'd face that unbeatable monster.

I'm in the other camp. Hacked items would ruin the game for me, easily. What's the point of grinding away for weeks when someone is one shotting everything with an item they edited in your same game and giving you 100000000 trillion xp or some stupid shit. Fuck that lol

Lain

I'm in the other camp. Hacked items would ruin the game for me, easily. What's the point of grinding away for weeks when someone is one shotting everything with an item they edited in your same game and giving you 100000000 trillion xp or some stupid shit. Fuck that lol

I'm not sure why someone playing with hacked items/characters in their offline games would detract from your fun online any more or less than console players hacking their games to hell and back. I did note that I'd put up with hacked items/character in an offline part of the game only. I wouldn't be cool with people playing with hacked items/characters online.

Dahbomb

A sneak peak at the next PTR patch that should be coming up tomorrow.

I wanted to share updates on two of the sets that since 2.3 PTR launched have had significant changes - Helltooth and Spirit of Arachyr - with the goal re-aligning the discussions and theorycrafting to what the sets/playstyles might look like next PTR patch.

Firebats
The initial starting cost of 150 Mana has been removed and the channel cost has been increased from 75 to 125 Mana. Summed up, this means when you channel Firebats for less than 3 attack cycles (roughly 2-3 seconds depending on attack speed) Firebats will cost less total Mana than previously. Additionally, the time needed to fully charge up Plague Bats and Cloud of Bats has been reduced by 40%.

These changes are intended to make a channeled skill like Firebats more friendly to use in fast-paced gameplay environments where movement is important. Some of the runes will still reinforce standing still to channel the skill but will do so by granting increased damage rather than consuming all of your Mana if you have to move due to danger or other reasons.

Spirit of Arachyr
6pc bonus
Creature skills now include Locust Swarm.Damage bonus has been increased from 500% to 800%.
These adjustments along with the Firebats changes above should sum to meaningful improvements to the build.

Helltooth Harness
2pc bonus
Grasp of the Dead now also applies Necrosis.Necrosis now increases damage taken from all sources by 15% but the damage over time has been reduced to 1000% per second. This shifts some of the damage off relying on Wall of Death hitting as well as provides some group benefit.6pc bonus
The damage bonus has been moved from requiring Necrosis on the enemy to be a self-buff on you. The bonus currently reads "After casting Wall of Death, you gain 300% increased damage to your primary skills, Acid Cloud, Firebats, Zombie Charger, Grasp of the Dead, Piranhas, and Wall of Death for 10 seconds. This effect stacks up to 3 times." Casting Wall of Death refreshes the duration of all existing stacks of this buff on you.
We want there to be some payoff for hitting with a challenging-to-use skill like Wall of Death but the difference between Necrosis being on the enemy or not was too large. Moving the 6pc bonus to a player buff also lets the set be more mobile.

Additionally, we are adding two weapons that synergize with this set:
1H Spear
Reduces the Mana cost of Zombie Charger by 30-40%.
Rolls with +25-30% Zombie Charger damage.

2H Staff
Acid Cloud gains the effect of the Lob Blob Bomb rune.
Rolls with +30-40% Acid Cloud damage.

These are not the only changes coming to sets but are what we wanted to share today. Thanks for all the focused feedback so far - keep it up.

Dahbomb

That Barb Bracer is getting reworked:

Bracers of the First Men
Bracers of the First Men were intended to work with a Hammer of the Ancients-centric build. As most of you can guess, this bracer was not intended to be a buff to Whirlwind builds. With that said, this item has been redesigned to work exclusively with Hammer of the Ancients, and will provide a 150-200% damage bonus and a 50% attack speed bonus to Hammer of the Ancients in the next PTR patch. Additional tuning is always possible - those are the current numbers after internal testing.

Bracers of Destruction
We think the general design of this item is fine but the damage bonus needs to affect a few more enemies to be effective in more situations. In the next patch the damage bonus will apply to the first 5 enemies hit by Seismic Slam instead of the first 2.

Additionally, the bug where the Immortal King's 6pc bonus currently does not work on the PTR will be fixed with the next PTR patch.

As I've said before, we do want Hammer of the Ancients and Seismic Slam builds to be high-end builds and your continued testing, theorycrafting, and feedback is helping. Thanks all in this thread, other threads in this forum, and in class forums.

99% chance that Shenlong set gets the nerf too. No way was it intended to be designed to work for non Generator builds.

Wallach

Ever since the release of UEE, I've found my time pretty evenly split between both versions honestly. I do a heck of a lot of solo play in D3, and frankly I find that experience a bit more satisfying on console. It's definitely much less appealing from a multiplayer standpoint due to the amount of modding and lack of Seasons, but I get that element from the PC version.

I do wish they'd fix Wrath of the Berserker on console, though. Not being instant-cast sucks donkballs.

Raticus79

News from the PTR seasonal noob crew:

Crafted gear has no level requirement. You level your blacksmith for cheap and then can craft and use stuff way over your level.

I logged on a normal character and had like 200+ mail of items that i had to go through on top of how filled my inventory/stash was and just decided to log off.

eek5

News from the PTR seasonal noob crew:

Crafted gear has no level requirement. You level your blacksmith for cheap and then can craft and use stuff way over your level.

Leveling up a second character is getting easier and easier. The slog will be that first run where you have no high level recipes :/

Baliis

Leveling up a second character is getting easier and easier. The slog will be that first run where you have no high level recipes :/

At least on the ptr, there aren't any recipes except for legendaries. The only limits are gold, mats, and breaths since you can't get them till 61

Raticus79

At least on the ptr, there aren't any recipes except for legendaries. The only limits are gold, mats, and breaths since you can't get them till 61

Yeah, more specifically, the crafted rares (which automatically unlock as you level the blacksmith) don't have level requirements on PTR, and they can also be traded. It looks like the crafted legendaries haven't changed.

Raticus79

Some reflect damage changes coming up for the next PTR patch:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18194646061?page=4#76

Nevalistis said:
Loads of great feedback in here, I'm reading through all of it. Keep it up! :)

On to topic of Reflects Damage, we've got some changes coming in the next PTR patch for it. We’re still finalizing the changes, but there are two you’ll want to watch for. First, we’ve changed the type of damage reflected to match the same type of damage dealt. This introduces a level of gearing strategy, especially for builds that utilize a single element. In addition, we’ve added an internal cooldown to the affix to prevent it from triggering multiple times from certain skills (like the Witch Doctor’s Poison Dart). This should severely reduce (if not remove entirely) that "instagib" effect from too many abilities going off at the same time, especially those that you can’t necessarily control.

The intention behind the original change was to introduce a level of avoidance to the affix; with only one target having it up, you can pick and choose which targets to hit, similar to how Shielding currently works. The largest problem seems to be arising from DoTs or other ongoing area effects that render that intention moot. That’s what we’re working to address.

TL:DR
- reflected damage is the same type as the attack you're hitting them with (evaluated separately for each attack)
- internal cooldown added to prevent getting insta-gibbed from persistent multi-hit effects like Ball Lightning

Dahbomb

- reflected damage is the same type as the attack that triggered it
I don't understand this change.

Does this mean that you can first "trigger" the reflect damage with let's say a Hatred Generator and then do full damage with your Hatred spender in order to take no damage from reflect damage?

Raticus79

I don't understand this change.

Does this mean that you can first "trigger" the reflect damage with let's say a Hatred Generator and then do full damage with your Hatred spender in order to take no damage from reflect damage?

It means if you're a lightning DH, for example, you wear/cube a Xephiran amulet and never worry about reflect damage again.
(hitting with lightning skill, therefore the reflected damage you get hit with in response to that attack is lightning type and you absorb it)

Dahbomb

It means if you're a lightning DH, for example, you wear/cube a Xephiran amulet and never worry about reflect damage again.
(hitting with lightning skill, therefore the reflected damage you get hit with in response to that attack is lightning type and you absorb it)
Ah I see.

I swear Blizzard has been trying to fix Reflect damage for ages. They still can't get it right after all this time.

Raticus79

Ah I see.

Yeah, I updated the wording there to hopefully help clarify that. It wasn't about the first hit setting the damage type for RD for the duration of that RD buff, it's just being evaluated separately on each hit.

Next question is how long that internal cooldown is.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i guess i like the changes to reflect damage, but it hasn't been that big of a frustrating problem for me since they did their initial fix.

jailer seems to be the most annoying thing right now.

i guess i like the changes to reflect damage, but it hasn't been that big of a frustrating problem for me since they did their initial fix.

jailer seems to be the most annoying thing right now.

I still don't get why jailer isn't an avoidable thing on the ground beneath you. Give it a second or two before activating and trapping/damaging.

Dahbomb

I still don't get why jailer isn't an avoidable thing on the ground beneath you. Give it a second or two before activating and trapping/damaging.
Because Blizzard has said multiple times that they need to have some unavoidable mechanics in the game otherwise people would go full glass cannon mode and be able to avoid everything that does damage in the game.

Because Blizzard has said multiple times that they need to have some unavoidable mechanics in the game otherwise people would go full glass cannon mode and be able to avoid everything that does damage in the game.

Okay, but the jailer mechanic seems like a weird way to address that problem. If mechanics based damage being too easily avoided is the problem, shouldn't the solution be to make the mechanics harder to avoid, not just adding in an unavoidable damage source? At that point why not just make it so that you have a constant damaging debuff on you while in GR that scales the same way? It would force players to have more regen, sustain and damage reduction, but I doubt people would find that very fun. Jailer is basically taking that implementation and throwing all the damage at you at once. The whole design purpose of jailer was to catch you in place so you take damage from some other source that you would otherwise avoid, not that jailer itself would kill you. It's like a pure DR check, "every so often you're just gonna take X damage".

Surely they could scale the other affixes to the GR level somehow, such as increasing the amount of mortars spewed or the speed of the arcane ball rotation. Molten could spawn explosion balls that roll around, wormhole could have a gravity effect pulling in players, walls could have "thorns", orbitals could link together, etc, etc. There's all kinds of interesting spins you can put on those affixes to make them matter again outside of just multiplying the damage by a million. Immunity amulets make this problem worse too.

I think the real problem is that GRs are wholly randomized, but that's a much larger issue that they don't have the resources to address. But custom tuning would make Greater Rifting less of a fishing expedition and more of a "what's the best build for this unique Rift and how good are you at it". They would need a much better and larger inventory management system, but you could imagine a Rift Challenge where all enemies are weak to a certain element or immune to a certain element. Or they design a particular layout and custom design the affix-combinations on packs that you can actually play around with.

Addnan

Some reflect damage changes coming up for the next PTR patch:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18194646061?page=4#76

TL:DR
- reflected damage is the same type as the attack you're hitting them with (evaluated separately for each attack)
- internal cooldown added to prevent getting insta-gibbed from persistent multi-hit effects like Ball Lightning

"The intention behind the original change was to introduce a level of avoidance to the affix; with only one target having it up, you can pick and choose which targets to hit, similar to how Shielding currently works."

The most stupid shit I've read from a blue post in a while.

Baliis

"The intention behind the original change was to introduce a level of avoidance to the affix; with only one target having it up, you can pick and choose which targets to hit, similar to how Shielding currently works."

The most stupid shit I've read from a blue post in a while.

"pick and choose" lol, like every spell in the game worth using doesn't do aoe

Dahbomb

You missed the point friend.

Blizzard doesn't want hard to avoid affixes but rather impossible to avoid mechanics so that getting some tankiness is required.

If things were hard to avoid but everything could be avoided then people would spec 100% glass cannon and just avoid the mechanics even if they were tough to avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom