• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the cheapest way to jump in on this?

I can play on PS4 or PC, I was thinking about picking up a used copy for PS4 cheap but I don't know if there are any special codes or something like that.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
So what's the cheapest way to jump in on this?

I can play on PS4 or PC, I was thinking about picking up a used copy for PS4 cheap but I don't know if there are any special codes or something like that.

i would wait for a sale on PC, but you can probably get a cheap PS4 version. make sure its that Ultimate Evil one or whatever with Reaper of Souls in it

my witch doctor can do about ~30 Greater Rift now, but i'm having mana issues and survival issues now. not sure what i'm gonna have to do, but i just need to find some better legendaries i think. im using tall man's finger now, so its been more interesting

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
More datamined stuff:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NvFPwHXEhbf4pVt6w0PRbANoKxNeAso8R9JCszm-heA/edit?usp=sharing
(source)

Here comes the Shenlong's set change:
- Generator damage increased by 2% per spirit (up from 1%)
- When the effect is active, all damage is increased by 100% (down from 300%)

Pure generator builds should be dealing the same damage. While the buff is half as strong (2x instead of 4x all damage), spirit's effect on generators is twice as strong, so it should balance out. It just makes them less useful in non-generator builds, as Dahbomb expected.
Edit: nope, it doesn't quite balance out - it's a bit weaker because the base generator damage was getting multiplied by that multiplier and that portion doesn't benefit from the increased scaling factor for spirit. It would be 18x instead of 20x with 400 spirit.

Bane of the stricken increases by 0.02% per level instead of 0.1%.

The rest of the changes in there are generally good news.

Dahbomb

That Shenlong change is actually a much better change than I expected it would be.

Yeah that definitely brings in line to being a Generator only item rather than an item you put on your SWK/R6 Monk and become way more powerful.

X-Frame

Some guy I was running some rifts with randomly dropped an Ancient Furnace for me that is near perfectly rolled AND had a Royal Flawless Emerald already socketed. I had to send that guy a message to thank him. He was some Barbarian that was just destroying everything in sight (not a cheater).

He must have saw I was using a regular Legendary Furnace on my Crusader.

Nice people rock.

On a related note, my Shield Bash Roland Crusader is doing 1,500,000,000 crits and breezing through T6. I couldn't go above T4 on my previous Akkhan Set Crusader as I am missing a lot of key components to a lot of the popular builds.

neoism

so guys I know its blizz im talkin about but you guys think the next season will be in august...? Man I REALLY hope it is... too much gaming in September to really play it....

Hmm..

They've given up on Wall of Death being integral to Helltooth and reduced it just casting it for a buff. All that reminder to people asking about helltooth was that they needed to change wall of zombies to something good... sigh.

Lots of +1 to dog passives, zombie dogs are weak to be wasting that many passives for them.

25% area damage over 20yd passive seems cool, it'll help with clearing rifts much faster.

I think i'll go SSS monk next season, it looks pretty chill and simple.

Raticus79

I think i'll go SSS monk next season, it looks pretty chill and simple.

Yup, it certainly is.

I'm probably going to make a crusader for group purposes. Seems to still be the backbone of GR groups, although with a defensive law now (diminishing strength).

Radec

Season 3 can't end soon enough.

I stopped more than 1 month ago and still don't have an urge to hop in again until S4 hits.

ElyrionX

Well, you can farm legendaries to cube, that's about it. Hey, at least your stashes will clear out considerably after the patch drops.

I was thinking about this but would this really be true? It sounds more like we would still need to hoard items in case we need the added legendary affix to be a specific one.

Addnan

Most of the items I horde are slightly differently rolled set items, so one with rcr, cdr, ias and so on. Not really going to make a difference to the stash space.

Raticus79

Dat nerf! Expected though.

I think they should have changed that set swap recipe so it couldn't yield ancients. That way it's a 2-step process - get the set item you want and then reroll it with the other recipe to get ancient.

---

PTR clan was wiped, so I made one again. The season's started now.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I was thinking about this but would this really be true? It sounds more like we would still need to hoard items in case we need the added legendary affix to be a specific one.

i think it will get rid of the need for some subsets of legendaries, such as the ones that are primarily helpful with damage reduction and crowd control.

i think we'll probably need to keep an assortment to be able to match up with the different legendaries.

New PTR patch notes are up:
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19814212/patch-230-ptr-patch-notes-6-30-2015

This is interesting:
"Torment VII-X public games can now only be accessed by players that meet a Paragon level requirement
Torment VII requires a Paragon level over 100
Torment VIII requires a Paragon level over 150
Torment IX requires a Paragon level over 200
Torment X requires a Paragon level over 250"

They should double it. Paragon 250 isn't enough to get you farming TX at all.

They should double it. Paragon 250 isn't enough to get you farming TX at all.

Well it doesn't say that you can farm it, you just require that many levels to unlock it. I think it's a bit silly to lock it until they know 100% that you can farm it, players can figure out for themselves what they can and can't handle.

eek5

Well it doesn't say that you can farm it, you just require that many levels to unlock it. I think it's a bit silly to lock it until they know 100% that you can farm it, players can figure out for themselves what they can and can't handle.

It's not locked for private games, you just can't pub match into it until you meet the requirements.

I would've preferred if the requirement was something like solo clear GRXX with that character. Although I guess this hurts support classes... but support in public games is kind of weird anyway. The planned implementation is an improvement over now (nothing) but it probably isn't aggressive enough and doesn't handle second characters at all since paragons are account-wide.

Sober

It might just be a PTR thing right now to stop people from queuing T10 immediately and either getting people to help or using that way to get into a game and just dialing down the difficulty.

Also I figure if you're gonna hit T7-10 anyway you were gonna hit those paragon levels in no time anyway. Seems like a non-issue.

X-Frame

When I complete a Greater Rift, what should I choose from that spirit lady at the end? The gem upgrade or the key?

I have quite a few legendary gems but none seem crazy good for my Crusader. So I assume I should keep picking the key to the GR until a gem drops for me that compliments my Crusader?

Addnan

When I complete a Greater Rift, what should I choose from that spirit lady at the end? The gem upgrade or the key?

I have quite a few legendary gems but none seem crazy good for my Crusader. So I assume I should keep picking the key to the GR until a gem drops for me that compliments my Crusader?
What gems do you currently have? If there's nothing to upgrade then there's no point wasting a key. Best to upgrade it to a higher level key yes.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
What gems do you currently have? If there's nothing to upgrade then there's no point wasting a key. Best to upgrade it to a higher level key yes.

Ditto. You'll get the gems you want eventually anyway. The gem drops are random, but a) they're guaranteed drops, b) only gems that you don't already have in your stash or your character's inventory can drop. This means that the game will always eventually run out of leg gems you don't already have and you will get the gem you want.

I always found this system almost too generous, given how powerful leg gems are. Imagine if the same applied to other legendaries and set items: you would always eventually get that one legendary shield you want because you'd already have dropped all the others before.

X-Frame

I agree! So far I have:

Bane of the Powerful
Boon of the Hoarder
Gem of Ease
Gem of Efficacious Toxin
Gogok of Swiftness
Iceblink
Invigorating Gemstone
Mutilation Guard
Pain Enhancer
Simplicity's Strength
Taeguk
Wreath of Lightning
Zei's Stone of Vengeance

All the guides I've read on the Crusader seem to recommend these 3:

Bane of the Trapped
Esoteric Alteration
Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard

EDIT: Just got Bane of the Trapped on my first GR run tonight, haha. Cool!

So I guess I might as well keep running GR's until I get those 3?

Ditto. You'll get the gems you want eventually anyway. The gem drops are random, but a) they're guaranteed drops, b) only gems that you don't already have in your stash or your character's inventory can drop. This means that the game will always eventually run out of leg gems you don't already have and you will get the gem you want.

I always found this system almost too generous, given how powerful leg gems are. Imagine if the same applied to other legendaries and set items: you would always eventually get that one legendary shield you want because you'd already have dropped all the others before.

Thank you!! I did not know that but I suspected as much.

Addnan

Yeah, run grifts. Get the rest of the gems. Trapped is hands down the best gem in the game, not a single solo build that doesn't use it. Level that up as high as you can get it. At 25 it really shines when its secondary procs the primary. Many crusaders also use Taeuguk, but it can be very hard to maintain. Requires practice.

M.D

Hello! How are you guys doing?

I stopped playing a while ago, must be close to 2 years now? I know there were a ton of changes that were positively received but I'm not sure what the state of the game is now? are there still a lot of people playing? (in general and in this community)

Do you guys think the game is worth picking up again? I never played the Reaper of Souls content

Addnan

I stopped playing a while ago, must be close to 2 years now? I know there were a ton of changes that were positively received but I'm not sure what the state of the game is now? are there still a lot of people playing? (in general and in this community)

Do you guys think the game is worth picking up again? I never played the Reaper of Souls content
The game is better than ever and there are still plenty of people playing. The real Diablo 3 really began after the release of RoS and adventure mode. You have a lot to catch up. Right at this very moment the player base might be a bit smaller than usual because everyone is waiting for the next big update to come which will be in few weeks time. The game is incredible right now and is about to get a lot better. So yes. BUY IT.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Absolutely. The actual Act 5 is not great, but story mode is no longer a big draw for the game. Adventure mode makes it so you just do random tasks throughout an act in any order. Rifts/Greater Rifts are the meat of the game now, which are basically just randomly generated dungeons. Also, loot is infinitely better than at release. Not only are legendaries/sets good, most drops you get are actually for your class. I know a lot would disagree, but I put current Diablo 3 on par with Diablo 2. Blizzard has done an amazing job at turning this game around. In terms of people playing, it definitely seems to have a healthy playerbase.

M.D

The game is better than ever and there are still plenty of people playing. The real Diablo 3 really began after the release of RoS and adventure mode. You have a lot to catch up. Right at this very moment the player base might be a bit smaller than usual because everyone is waiting for the next big update to come which will be in few weeks time. The game is incredible right now and is about to get a lot better. So yes. BUY IT.

Absolutely. The actual Act 5 is not great, but story mode is no longer a big draw for the game. Adventure mode makes it so you just do random tasks throughout an act in any order. Rifts/Greater Rifts are the meat of the game now, which are basically just randomly generated dungeons. Also, loot is infinitely better than at release. Not only are legendaries/sets good, most drops you get are actually for your class. I know a lot would disagree, but I put current Diablo 3 on par with Diablo 2. Blizzard has done an amazing job at turning this game around. In terms of people playing, it definitely seems to have a healthy playerbase.

Thanks for the answers. Sounds promising!
Do you know if buying a US code for Reaper of Souls will work with a EU account? RoS is more expensive in euro for some reason

Maybe I should wait for the patch or GamesCom, I'm sure Blizz will have a sale then

This is actually the same with me, although I said previously I just started. There's been so many changes that it feels like I'm starting over again.

I bought D3 at launch, beat the normal difficulty, then shelved it as I didn't have much fun. It seemed like it was a difficult and long process to progress unless you wanted to entertain the auction house, which didn't interest me at all.

Once I learned that they scrapped the AH and revamped the whole system, it piqued my interest again.

Raticus79

Yeah, checked earlier and the buff is back. Just when I'd finally decided to give PTR a go too :(.

We have a NeoGAF clan going there if anyone wants to try to share some games. It looks like T2 and T3 are the shortest right now at about an hour.

I saw a support barb build that was pretty interesting:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3ekq9c/ptr_23_zdps_buff_barb/
Apparently charm isn't affected by crowd control resistance right now on PTR, so the charm helm is working way better than it normally would. Some other interesting ideas in there though.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Btw when I logged in today and imported my character onto the PTR server, for some reason I got an earlier version of my char. He had 50 less paragon levels and most his current stuff gone. Is that normal?

Dahbomb

Btw when I logged in today and imported my character onto the PTR server, for some reason I got an earlier version of my char. He had 50 less paragon levels and most his current stuff gone. Is that normal?
Yeah that's normal. It usually takes the state of the character a couple of days prior.

Dahbomb

I assumed so. The only problem is: I haven't played the game in weeks.
It takes the progress of the character prior to the last time you played. So your character's progress will be a couple of days before the last time you played it.

Though this ranges a bit.

ZenaxPure

I saw a support barb build that was pretty interesting:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3ekq9c/ptr_23_zdps_buff_barb/
Apparently charm isn't affected by crowd control resistance right now on PTR, so the charm helm is working way better than it normally would. Some other interesting ideas in there though.

When I read the latest set of patch notes a support barb is the first thing that came into my head. Even if the charm helmet gets nerfed (which I could easily see happening with all the CC nerfs) the fact that Pride of Cassius is finally going to work on mob rule is great. 50% dmg reduction and CC immunity for the entire party with 100% up-time seems pretty strong. Plus that new threatening shout rune is going to be used in like every build that doesn't need all 6 skill slots and it provides a nice group buff so win-win.

Celegus

When I read the latest set of patch notes a support barb is the first thing that came into my head. Even if the charm helmet gets nerfed (which I could easily see happening with all the CC nerfs) the fact that Pride of Cassius is finally going to work on mob rule is great. 50% dmg reduction and CC immunity for the entire party with 100% up-time seems pretty strong. Plus that new threatening shout rune is going to be used in like every build that doesn't need all 6 skill slots and it provides a nice group buff so win-win.

That does look pretty interesting! And long time no see Zenax!

Jadax

Alright so I'm back! Got sucked up into the timesink that is WoW - but quit because well...it's boring.

When does a new season start? Or when does this end?

Raticus79

I've been trying it out with HOTA and the IK set. With the IK 4 set bonus, you could use the Halcyon amulet too. Apparently it has a taunt effect on champions that can keep them from using their abilities. (someone mentioned using it on PTR and it isn't affected by CC resistance either)

For me, HOTA was specifically because I was multiboxing with other melee classes, a tradeoff for playstyle compatibility. I think the real deal support barb will be using WW for the pull+mobility, BK set, 4 wastes for the damage reduction, and 4 IK for the quick refresh on WoTB with Halcyon. RoRG, Obsidian ring, not sure about the third ring/amulet effect. Edit: probably cube the Halcyon (if that works) and use a Hellfire amulet.

Alright so I'm back! Got sucked up into the timesink that is WoW - but quit because well...it's boring.

When does a new season start? Or when does this end?

S3 should end sometime in August and S4 would start about a week after that. No firmer dates yet.

X-Frame

Every time a Two Handed Flail drops I hope it's Golden Flense so that I can finally build a Sweep Attack Crusader -- but so far I've been unlucky.

Funny enough last year at this time I was trying to find a Fate of the Fell to try the Shotgun build and of course 3 of them have dropped in the last week.

Sober

Every time a Two Handed Flail drops I hope it's Golden Flense so that I can finally build a Sweep Attack Crusader -- but so far I've been unlucky.

Funny enough last year at this time I was trying to find a Fate of the Fell to try the Shotgun build and of course 3 of them have dropped in the last week.
This is why everyone is gonna love the cube, especially since you can roll a rare flail up to a legendary and go from there vs. burning shard and getting jack all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom