• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I'm hoping I can crush the legendaries in the cube pretty fast. I've been saving a lot of legendaries I usually disenchant on my seasonal character.

How many bounties is it going to take to get the act-exclusive mats? Do you get a cache after each bounty or is it still after 5?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
PTR's back up and has been stable for me so far.

Really happy with the generator monk. Need to find a madstone and then I have the full setup for SSS to try out.

Baliis

I'm hoping I can crush the legendaries in the cube pretty fast. I've been saving a lot of legendaries I usually disenchant on my seasonal character.

How many bounties is it going to take to get the act-exclusive mats? Do you get a cache after each bounty or is it still after 5?

You get 6 mats after you do all five bounties, 3 from the normal cache, 3 from the bonus (make sure you do the bonus acts in order of course, this is for at least t6 anyways, idk how it scales with difficulty.)

Addnan

PTR's back up and has been stable for me so far.

Really happy with the generator monk. Need to find a madstone and then I have the full setup for SSS to try out.

It's great with madstone. Just press generator once to proc F+R and defensive bracer. Then just spam sss. Applied palms and explodes all at once. It's a fun gameplay.

w4ttsup

Hey Guys,

I've decided to uninstall D3 for the next foreseeable future to focus on some real-life things.

If you need the NA Clan spot, please feel free to bump me out -- I'll request another invite when/if I pick the game back up.

Thanks for all the fun!

w4ttsup#1736

Celegus

Hey Guys,

I've decided to uninstall D3 for the next foreseeable future to focus on some real-life things.

If you need the NA Clan spot, please feel free to bump me out -- I'll request another invite when/if I pick the game back up.

Thanks for all the fun!

w4ttsup#1736

Good luck with everything mate! Sometimes removing all distractions is the best way to focus on the important things.

Raticus79

Yup, go get 'em.

It's great with madstone. Just press generator once to proc F+R and defensive bracer. Then just spam sss. Applied palms and explodes all at once. It's a fun gameplay.

Hmm, I tried it out and it's a fun alternative, but I think I like the flow of the generator builds better overall.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
The items in the ultimate evil edition cosole games are far more powerful than the PC version of RoS, aren't they? I'm noticing that when switching between versions. My WD has far better stats with relatively similar and often less quality gear.

Rixxan

I recently started playing this on the PS4, Co-op with my wife

I played beta for awhile on PC a few(?) years ago, i semi-enjoyed it back then but it seems much more developed at this point in time.

Any tips? We just started Act 2 and we bumped the difficulty up to Hard.

We haven't died as a unit yet but shes died a couple times, should i go up in in difficulty again?

Is it possible to deck your character out without utilizing crafting?

Thanks

Jas

PTR Wipe next week.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18300813570#1

Greetings, nephalem!

Our first PTR patch is coming up next week. In anticipation of this update, we want to give you a heads up that we will also be wiping progress on the PTR when the patch is issued.

This is because we want to make sure the overall 2.3.0 changes to Adventure Mode are thoroughly tested. However, a bug in the first PTR patch allowed level 70 crafted items to be equipped by low-level characters. This was unintended and skewed progression at the start of PTR Season 4, making a wipe necessary to ensure that it is no longer factoring into the leveling process.

We will be closing and creating a new Focused Feedback thread for Adventure Mode when the patch is deployed to collect feedback untainted by this bug. While we understand that a loss of progression can be frustrating to some, it’s important to remember this is the nature of the PTR. Its intent is to facilitate testing, and we love seeing all your dedicated and thoughtful feedback.

Thank you for all your enthusiastic feedback and testing. We look forward to sharing our upcoming changes with you!

hitgirl

So to farm RORG I just farm the first act bounties and will get one out of the bags?

On a side now, can you increase your stash? Hard to believe a loot game like this I'm limited to 60 items.

davepoobond

So to farm RORG I just farm the first act bounties and will get one out of the bags?

On a side now, can you increase your stash? Hard to believe a loot game like this I'm limited to 60 items.

End of act cache, not a 100% chance to get a legendary unless you are in T6 and even then you are probably going to be doing it a few times.

You can buy a tab at the bottom of your stash with gold. You can have 5 tabs, and you can also make your other characters mules if so desired.

hitgirl

End of act cache, not a 100% chance to get a legendary unless you are in T6 and even then you are probably going to be doing it a few times.

You can buy a tab at the bottom of your stash with gold. You can have 5 tabs, and you can also make your other characters mules if so desired.

Nvm joined a party and asked how to get one and they gave me one. Heh, damn that sorta takes the fun outta it.

Oh and my full Akkhan set. I'm gonna throw this stuff away. No fun in being given it..

davepoobond

Nvm joined a party and asked how to get one and they gave me one. Heh, damn that sorta takes the fun outta it.

Oh and my full Akkhan set. I'm gonna throw this stuff away. No fun in being given it..

They gave you one?

They're account bound and you can't trade them... Did they change it?

hitgirl

They gave you one?

They're account bound and you can't trade them... Did they change it?

It has like an icon that resembles a recycling circle.

Imma just break everything down, I was having fun /miserable farming it. But still I wana do it myself.

Yea, I'm on Ps4.

So I re-do Act 1 on single player? The story mode, right?

Raticus79

Monks are god tier in the PTR obviously, not surprised at all. Shenlongs are OP.

Few WDs in 4 man groups is because of the huge nerf to CCs.

Yeah, I was still expecting some WDs to show up with all the team damage multipliers they have though - maybe the issue is the whole group needs to be able to tank.

Addnan

I did a 60 with this no conduit. Nowhere near optimised gear and my trapped is only a 25. Like that it's so easy, just press sss

iMNngQ7.jpg

X-Frame

So I haven't played this game since basically last September. Is there any article or video that may give me an update on what has changed? Thanks!

Addnan

So I haven't played this game since basically last September. Is there any article or video that may give me an update on what has changed? Thanks!
The game has changed so much a single article or video probably won't cover it. Check out some the big youtube channels, Quin69 , deadset, Philos . Many more if you click through. Deadsets channel will cover most classes. The other two are Monk and DH.

On that note, some of the D3 streamers are doing a podcast just talking about the game and the changes the game is receiving. Seems ok so far. They will upload it to Youtube later too http://www.twitch.tv/mannercookie

X-Frame

The game has changed so much a single article or video probably won't cover it. Check out some the big youtube channels, Quin69 , deadset, Philos . Many more if you click through. Deadsets channel will cover most classes. The other two are Monk and DH.

On that note, some of the D3 streamers are doing a podcast just talking about the game and the changes the game is receiving. Seems ok so far. They will upload it to Youtube later too http://www.twitch.tv/mannercookie

Thank you! I remember watching Deadset last year too.

So I'm really late to the party but I just started playing D3. I'll try to save most of my noob questions and figure things out myself but I do have one right now.

What's the best thing to do with "junk" items? Doesn't seem like the little bit of gold you receive from selling them is worth it. Is it best to just salvage them into materials?

Also, is the expansion worth picking up? Just generally speaking; I know that question is subjective.

eek5

So I'm really late to the party but I just started playing D3. I'll try to save most of my noob questions and figure things out myself but I do have one right now.

What's the best thing to do with "junk" items? Doesn't seem like the little bit of gold you receive from selling them is worth it. Is it best to just salvage them into materials?

Also, is the expansion worth picking up? Just generally speaking; I know that question is subjective.

salvage, gold is not a huge problem
yes, the expansion is well worth it

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

Well, equip yellows while you're leveling, but in general yes, you wanna salvage everything.

A thousand times yes. Like, night and day. You won't find anyone who will disagree.

TSM

I guess the clan is inactive until the next patch. I've popped on a few times and it's a ghost town. I'm definitely going to start playing again when S4 starts.

Celegus

I guess the clan is inactive until the next patch. I've popped on a few times and it's a ghost town. I'm definitely going to start playing again when S4 starts.

Yeah, playing before a new patch always feels a bit pointless. I'll be back for sure.

Sober

Well, you can farm legendaries to cube, that's about it. Hey, at least your stashes will clear out considerably after the patch drops.

TSM

I was just reading about the new stuff in the next patch. Looks fantastic. Hopefully there's a date for S4 soon.

Does the new stuff in the expansion integrate into the "regular" game? Or is it separated to solely the expansion? If that makes sense.

What I mean is, I'm in the middle of a play through on vanilla D3. If I buy and install the expansion now, will I instantly see the new stuff as part of my current play through?

eek5

Does the new stuff in the expansion integrate into the "regular" game? Or is it separated to solely the expansion? If that makes sense.

What I mean is, I'm in the middle of a play through on vanilla D3. If I buy and install the expansion now, will I instantly see the new stuff as part of my current play through?

You won't see most stuff until you hit level 60 AFAIK but yes it does get integrated into your current game.

X-Frame

So are these console players with 10,000 paragon points and that basically one-shot everything including rift guardians legit? When they join my group they just hover or run through the level and I can't even keep up.

Baliis

So are these console players with 10,000 paragon points and that basically one-shot everything including rift guardians legit? When they join my group they just hover or run through the level and I can't even keep up.
20150708_144046_zpstp8xmubi.jpg

From a couple pages back, they have bugged items like this.

X-Frame

20150708_144046_zpstp8xmubi.jpg

From a couple pages back, they have bugged items like this.

That is insane. And yes just playing for a few hours today whenever I saw someone with 10,000 paragon points sure enough they had a very similar item.

I guess this is the price of not being an online-only game or having your character's saved in the cloud?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
That is insane. And yes just playing for a few hours today whenever I saw someone with 10,000 paragon points sure enough they had a very similar item.

I guess this is the price of not being an online-only game or having your character's saved in the cloud?

Exactly.
I can't find ONE public game without a cheater. It's ridiculous.
Bliizard should really do something about this.
Maybe an option for online only characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom