• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
The PTR is so messed up right now, there are paragon 3000 lol.

Found a copy of an explanation - apparently it was possible to bug out the GR creation and rank selection process by entering the greater rift portal while it was in the process of closing (very brief window), and the result allowed people to get high GR rewards while the enemies inside were low GR difficulty. Blizzard deleted the bug report that was linked, so I'll put it in an email tag here. Quote for details.

Related bit of info - I noticed that it's possible to open up a different cow/goblin portal from each act town in the same game, so the game can handle multiple rifts being open at once now. That seems to be the heart of the bug there.

Raticus79

^ done.

---

I wish they'd just get rid of experience bonuses. The new shared exp boost is still silly.

Looks like the typical GR leveling group will be:
One Uliana monk (the EP currently doesn't work properly with two - cold EP replaces any other EP when applied)
Second DPS
Leech barb
Leech crusader

Celegus

Really curious what would even be in store for a D3 expansion at this point. Like just new classes and areas and modes? I find a whole new tier of items that will make everything current obsolete a little hard to swallow. It was definitely needed in RoS, but things are getting to be in a good place now.

Dahbomb

If there was an expansion I would expect the following:

*New act (which means new mob types as well, probably some new affixes)
*New class
*New items
*MAYBE a new Artisan
*New skills for previous classes (at least one, maybe two for some)
*Probably some new end game content alongside Rifts and Bounties in Adventure mode.

Though that's just baseline, RoS technically added more.

What I would actually want is:

*New PvPvE mode. Basically both teams have to do a Rift at the same time but the Rift is identical for both. Something like that.

*Crush the numbers like they did in WoW. The numbers in the game are getting down right silly with the 10s of billions and in some cases even trillions. This is some DBZ power level non sense here.

*Better and more social features.

*More inventory space, maybe implementation of some of the F2P stuff into all versions.

*Change up the Paragon system somehow because it's getting out of hand at the higher level when it comes GR pushing.

*Some new extra layer of customization to the character. They have been doing that already with stuff like Legendary gems and Kanai's Cube but I want even more.

ZenaxPure

Really curious what would even be in store for a D3 expansion at this point. Like just new classes and areas and modes? I find a whole new tier of items that will make everything current obsolete a little hard to swallow. It was definitely needed in RoS, but things are getting to be in a good place now.

I used to feel this way but I feel like they've fucked the game up to much at this point and I just want them to throw everything in the trash and start fresh. Part of the reason I stopped playing before s2 started was because I really hate blizz constantly adding new stuff to the game that is leaps and bounds more powerful than what is currently there instead of trying to actually balance items/sets properly. I'd rather them burn it all to the ground and start over at this point.

kuYuri

If there was an expansion I would expect the following:

*New act (which means new mob types as well, probably some new affixes)
*New class
*New items
*MAYBE a new Artisan
*New skills for previous classes (at least one, maybe two for some)
*Probably some new end game content alongside Rifts and Bounties in Adventure mode.

Though that's just baseline, RoS technically added more.

What I would actually want is:

*New PvPvE mode. Basically both teams have to do a Rift at the same time but the Rift is identical for both. Something like that.

*Crush the numbers like they did in WoW. The numbers in the game are getting down right silly with the 10s of billions and in some cases even trillions. This is some DBZ power level non sense here.

*Better and more social features.

*More inventory space, maybe implementation of some of the F2P stuff into all versions.

*Change up the Paragon system somehow because it's getting out of hand at the higher level when it comes GR pushing.

*Some new extra layer of customization to the character. They have been doing that already with stuff like Legendary gems and Kanai's Cube but I want even more.

You missed the obvious one.

Level cap increase!

Raticus79

PTR has a bug where you can do GR 100+ and the xp it gives is insane. Someone just farmed until 10K lol.

Makes sense. The experience required per level increases linearly at a relatively low rate after 750 so if someone was able to get paragon 3000 on that first day it wouldn't have taken much longer.

Dahbomb

With players being able to do close to GR 70 already... if there was an expansion where the cap was increased to lvl80 then people would be close to GR100 already.

I am pretty sure if an expansion comes out there will be some stat crushing.

Athreous

Hmm, anyone know where I could buy the CE Cd key only?

I had it but got banned, blizzard said that I was trying to edit d3 client with my Unreal Engine program... (I was editing Lineage 2 textures actually... for my private l2 server and sadly d3 was minimized while I was working on UE... well...

So I'm trying to buy the key only since I have the CE box already...

Any good/safe place to buy it?

Raticus79

So I'm trying to buy the key only since I have the CE box already...

Any good/safe place to buy it?

Probably won't have much luck getting just the key. From a quick search, looks like $300-400 on Amazon or Ebay.

Bear in mind we're probably going to have more cosmetics coming up, so those blue CE wings aren't going to stand out as much.

datamage

Anyone bored, care to help me get the 400 achievement points needed for S3 (to unlock portrait?) I decided to come back too late, and I'm not sure I'd be able to get those points before the season ends. :/

Raticus79

This fix for Carnevil in the next patch sounds pretty good:

John Yang / Game Designer said:
We've made a design change to Carnevil with the goal of reducing lag caused by the build without changing the overall power level. To clarify, the lag is primarily caused by the high number of Poison Darts being fired (20+ piercing projectiles) at a high attack speed (2+ times per second) with the build. The change is as follows:

Carnevil
Instead of "Every one of your up to 23 Fetishes shoot a Poison Dart every time you do", Carnevil is now "The 5 Fetishes closest to you will shoot a powerful Poison Dart when you do."

"Powerful" in this case means those 5 Poison Darts deal 3.8x the damage that a single Fetish Poison Dart used to do. In other words, those 5 Fetishes will deal 19 previous Poison Darts' worth of damage, with the expectation that the remaining 4 piercing Poison Darts' worth of damage will be made up for by the other ~18 Fetishes who are now using basic attacks.

Our internal testing showed performance improvements while maintaining the general feel and playstyle, and we hope you all will feel the same when you see the changes next PTR patch.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18301005053?page=4#61

It would be a big improvement for mobility since while 5 are firing, the rest are moving up to melee range, and if the previously-firing ones were blocked then you could just move next to the melee-range ones and fire from that point.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
That actually sounds pretty awesome, and alters the build a bit as you will once again care about the general pet damage and attack speed of the bulk of your fetishes.

Addnan

If you play non season sure. If you play seasons it doesn't matter, you will need to farm it all again anyway.

Side note for others, Diablo seems to work perfectly on Windows 10. So yay.

mileS

How does it feel to 'main', or rather, play a lot of Witch Doctor? I've been following patch notes and updates for 2 years or so and the amount of changes they get is staggering sometimes. At least on paper so to speak. Don't really feel like touching another one for a while.

Pepto

Banned
How does it feel to 'main', or rather, play a lot of Witch Doctor?

Feels bad man. Every time the class becomes good (or on par with other classes) the barbs and demon hunters will whine so much that the class gets nerfed. This pretty much guarantees that WD will always be the worst class out there. Other than that the class is really fun to play.

Raticus79

No D3 at GamesCom at all:https://twitter.com/Grimiku/status/626456892345155584
Grimiku said:
‏@Grimiku
@theangzt @cm_nevalistis @tyvalir D3 won't have a presence at gamescom, and none of us are going. WoW is gonna rock, though!

Edit:
OSP3EAi.jpg

Raticus79

Probably means they're gearing up for Blizzcon and the unveiling of the new expansion!

Yeah, we're in good shape with 2.3 and the timing's looking good for Blizzcon. I just wanted to take a shot at making one of those sad rainy window pics.

ZenaxPure

Looks like it is in fact a WoW expansion after all:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19...-gamescom-2015-live-stream-august-6-7-29-2015

RIP in pepperoni...

No surprise for anyone following the WoW scene. They confirmed over a month ago that the latest WoW patch would be the last of the expansion which means they have to start talking about the next one asap or end up in yet another situation where they go over a year without updating the game (which no one wants to happen). Waiting to announce anything WoW related at blizzcon would mean the current WoW patch would be out for 5 months already which would mean another 4 or 5 months for the beta so you are starting to look at close to another year long gap for WoW content updates.

D3 on the other hand has an awesome looking patch already in the pipeline.

Izayoi

Banned
I just picked this up again after playing it at launch and hating it.

I must say, it's like a completely different game at this point. Absolutely fan-fucking-tastic.

It is great on PS4. Controls work beautifully and, other than Smash Brothers, I think it's the most fun I've had with a local co-op game this generation.

One thing is that it seems pretty easy... I haven't been 70 for very long and I can already comfortably play on Torment III. Is this normal?

In addition, should I bother with anything other than Rifts after I complete the story? Not really sure what the most optimal method for gearing an endgame character is anymore.

Pepto

Banned
One thing is that it seems pretty easy... I haven't been 70 for very long and I can already comfortably play on Torment III. Is this normal?

If your last reference point is inferno at launch then yes everything is super duper easy. On the next patch they are adding torment levels up to t10 to give us some challenge.

ZenaxPure

If your last reference point is inferno at launch then yes everything is super duper easy. On the next patch they are adding torment levels up to t10 to give us some challenge.

I'm not sure what it is currently like on the PTR but I know last month they tweeted that T10 was similar to GR40 which isn't really that hard anymore. Only real reason new torment difficulties are coming is because they somehow can't balance the game.

Addnan

I just picked this up again after playing it at launch and hating it.

I must say, it's like a completely different game at this point. Absolutely fan-fucking-tastic.

It is great on PS4. Controls work beautifully and, other than Smash Brothers, I think it's the most fun I've had with a local co-op game this generation.

In addition, should I bother with anything other than Rifts after I complete the story? Not really sure what the most optimal method for gearing an endgame character is anymore.

You do greater rifts if you want difficulty. Torment levels are very much for early game grinding of set pieces and reaching Torment 6 to stock up on greater rift keys.

Order of things to do. Farm Act 1 bounties and stock up on rift shard. Do rifts at a torment difficulty you are most comfortable with, collect set pieces until you can do torment 6. This will give you a far higher drop rate of legendaries and most importantly give greater rift keys 100%. You start progressing through greater rifts difficulties to achieve the best you can for your gear.

The proper end game gear farming is grinding greater rifts in groups of 4. This gives guaranteed legendaries and bloodshards every rift. To get to this point you need to grind out torment 6 for good enough gear before you can do greater rifts at a high difficulty. As a reference GR25 is torment 6. You can of course do it solo too.

Some of this will change in 2.3 as meta changes.

X-Frame

What is the benefit of going higher Greater Rifts? I managed to score a GR44 after my trial last night and I don't know if it was just the enemy selection that time (a lot of poison) but I kept dying.

Still managed to kill the guardian before the timer which is great -- but why wouldn't I take it a bit easier during the Trial to get maybe GR 35-40 so that I can run through it easier? It seems like no matter if I'm in the 30's or 40's I still get 3-4 Legendaries at the end plus 3 gem upgrades. Is there a difference the higher the GR?

Addnan

What is the benefit of going higher Greater Rifts? I managed to score a GR44 after my trial last night and I don't know if it was just the enemy selection that time (a lot of poison) but I kept dying.

Still managed to kill the guardian before the timer which is great -- but why wouldn't I take it a bit easier during the Trial to get maybe GR 35-40 so that I can run through it easier? It seems like no matter if I'm in the 30's or 40's I still get 3-4 Legendaries at the end plus 3 gem upgrades. Is there a difference the higher the GR?
The higher level your gems get the higher the greater rift requirement to get an upgrade on it. Plus the end game is all about pushing your character to its limit. If you are just grinding for gear then do the GR difficulty that gives best difficulty to bloodshard ratio for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom