• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

datamage

The higher level your gems get the higher the greater rift requirement to get an upgrade on it. Plus the end game is all about pushing your character to its limit. If you are just grinding for gear then do the GR difficulty that gives best difficulty to bloodshard ratio for you.

Thanks for this. I just came back after a hiatus and GRs are new to me. Was wondering the same thing.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Regarding the exploding palm stacking with multiple monks I mentioned earlier - apparently it works fine with Uliana's set if all the monks are using Madstone, since each hit from each monk makes its own explosion.

Izayoi

Banned
You do greater rifts if you want difficulty. Torment levels are very much for early game grinding of set pieces and reaching Torment 6 to stock up on greater rift keys.

Order of things to do. Farm Act 1 bounties and stock up on rift shard. Do rifts at a torment difficulty you are most comfortable with, collect set pieces until you can do torment 6. This will give you a far higher drop rate of legendaries and most importantly give greater rift keys 100%. You start progressing through greater rifts difficulties to achieve the best you can for your gear.

The proper end game gear farming is grinding greater rifts in groups of 4. This gives guaranteed legendaries and bloodshards every rift. To get to this point you need to grind out torment 6 for good enough gear before you can do greater rifts at a high difficulty. As a reference GR25 is torment 6. You can of course do it solo too.

Some of this will change in 2.3 as meta changes.
Thank you for all of the advice! Very helpful, I really appreciate it. :3

Raticus79

Great news for barbs who'd like to try something other than WW:

John Yang said:
We agree with the general sentiment here that Immortal King's 6pc bonus needs an adjustment to perform more comparably to Wrath of the Wastes Whirlwind builds. Sets/builds performing more comparably with each other aligns with our general goal of build diversity, including at high-end play. In the next PTR patch you will see the following change:

Immortal King's Call
(6) Set Bonus
Increased damage bonus from 100% to 250%.

Thanks for the continued testing and feedback.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18300224495?page=5#87

Jedi2016

I'm not even thinking about IK these days. If anything, I'm thinking more about going back to Raekor's Furious Charge build, see how that holds up. Just to shake things up a bit.. I've been holding down my "2" key (Whirlwind) for months now.

Man that's a shame that the increased legendary drop rate is a bug on PTR.

It would make sense to bump it because the pool is getting a bit large. (You'd get about 5-10 legendaries in a rift vs like 2-3 or 1 on live.)

Saya

Just came back to Diablo 3 after a long while. Lots of changes I see. What is the fastest way to level a new seasonal character to 70? Bounties I guess right?

Addnan

Just came back to Diablo 3 after a long while. Lots of changes I see. What is the fastest way to level a new seasonal character to 70? Bounties I guess right?

Bounties is the most efficient way because you get rift shards too. If you just want to hit 70 quicker by yourself then clearing halls of agony is the best. It is however late enough into the season that someone should just be able to plvel you if you wanted to do that.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Would there be any objections to the console thread being closed and all D3 discussion to be centralized here?

It's limping ever so slowly to 20K, and half of the new players don't even find the thread and post here instead.

Jrmint

Would there be any objections to the console thread being closed and all D3 discussion to be centralized here?

It's limping ever so slowly to 20K, and half of the new players don't even find the thread and post here instead.
I'd prefer that actually, be nice to have more discussion here.

X-Frame

I didn't even know there was a console thread .. whoops.

I just popped into the game quick to see how much has changed.... and I see that my Demon Hunter's sentries have changed a lot. Can rapid fire deploy them but they don't auto-cast your hatred spenders anymore. So my current build is pretty useless.

What did Demon Hunters do to transition away from that sort of thing?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I just popped into the game quick to see how much has changed.... and I see that my Demon Hunter's sentries have changed a lot. Can rapid fire deploy them but they don't auto-cast your hatred spenders anymore. So my current build is pretty useless.

What did Demon Hunters do to transition away from that sort of thing?

the armor set changed the bonuses, it is no longer "passive gameplay" anymore (a problem for Blizzard)

technically its a power boost, but it takes skill to play. i dont like the DH as much anymore, i like Monk now because of it.

Raticus79

I'm sure the bracers will come back with a single WoTB rune in a future patch when barbs need that boost to keep up with whatever buffs the other classes are getting. It would be overkill at the moment.

Jedi2016

They need to hurry up with this patch.. I'm starting to run out of rift keys. Been rifting almost continuously, trying to catch up some of the gear that I'm missing and stocking up on stuff for the Cube.

the armor set changed the bonuses, it is no longer "passive gameplay" anymore (a problem for Blizzard)

technically its a power boost, but it takes skill to play. i dont like the DH as much anymore, i like Monk now because of it.

Hmmmmm. Anyone have a link to a DH or two with more updated gear so I know what I should be farming for?

I'm currently at a loss as to how I should tweak my build, but I can make some guesses and see how I do.

Addnan

Hmmmmm. Anyone have a link to a DH or two with more updated gear so I know what I should be farming for?

I'm currently at a loss as to how I should tweak my build, but I can make some guesses and see how I do.

The M6 build is starting to get a bit outdated. Here is my solo setup from last season http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Addnan-2643/hero/55389699 The missing rings are rorg and soj. Right now if running M6 it would be the full 6 piece with Focus and Restraint.

These two are closer to what you should be aiming for though. UE DH for speed running http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Addnan-2643/hero/58685800 Natalya's for solo play http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Addnan-2643/hero/60799816

Wolfie5

Came back to play D3 a few days ago, after not having played for a year(time sure flies fast). Read some of the patch notes quckly before playing again.

My main WD, can do torment 6 solo pretty good, which I don't think he could do a year ago. Think my WD got more buffs or monsters weaker during my one year absence.

Anyway, got some upgrades and am testing some stuff with set items, whether it's worth to get some set/legendary bonuses(example: homonculus dropped which will make sure I always have a gargantuan dog(ring) all the time) with the trade off losing some stats, looks like I do less dps but might do actually a lot more.

Noticed there are ancient items. I got a weapon upgrade thanks to this. Can all items be ancient?

Played some GR for the first time and got all legendary gems. Seems like some of them are so good that you should make sure you wear all three you can have on your jewelry.
Is that the consensus here? Or is CC, CD, main stat better?
I am currently wearing leg gems on both my rings but not on my amy as there is 600 int that I can only change to a socket. Is it worth to change to a socket in this case?

Any tips for WD builds? My paragon level is around 290 and am currently playing with a pet build(Jeram helmet). Only have 1,1m DPS, which I assume is not very high anymore as people seem to do much higher GR than the GR25 I can do...

Edit:
Oh yeah, I was thinking of crafting a hellfire amy, but I would need some keys to drop first. I thought key drop rate was 100% on T6 or has that changed?

Also, I realize not many play as WD, but would appreciate any input on which builds I should aim for. Or is WD broken when it comes to higher lvl GR?

Grampasso

Came back to play D3 a few days ago, after not having played for a year(time sure flies fast). Read some of the patch notes quckly before playing again.

My main WD, can do torment 6 solo pretty good, which I don't think he could do a year ago. Think my WD got more buffs or monsters weaker during my one year absence.

Anyway, got some upgrades and am testing some stuff with set items, whether it's worth to get some set/legendary bonuses(example: homonculus dropped which will make sure I always have a gargantuan dog(ring) all the time) with the trade off losing some stats, looks like I do less dps but might do actually a lot more.

Noticed there are ancient items. I got a weapon upgrade thanks to this. Can all items be ancient?

Played some GR for the first time and got all legendary gems. Seems like some of them are so good that you should make sure you wear all three you can have on your jewelry.
I am currently wearing leg gems on both my rings but not on my amy as there is 600 int that I can only change to a socket. Is it worth to change to a socket in this case?

Any tips for WD builds? My paragon level is around 290 and am currently playing with a pet build(Jeram helmet). Only have 1,1m DPS, which I assume is not very high anymore as people seem to do much higher GR than the GR25 I can do...

Edit:
Oh yeah, I was thinking of crafting a hellfire amy, but I would need some keys to drop first. I thought key drop rate was 100% on T6 or has that changed?

Also, I realize not many play as WD, but would appreciate any input on which builds I should aim for. Or is WD broken when it comes to higher lvl GR?

I play no WD so someone else can help you on that matter, but generally speaking yeah, your assumptions are right:
All items can be ancient, though the real difference will be the weapon (which you already upgraded).
Yes, you should go for 3 legendary gems, decide which ones based on the build you want to play. They usually start really kicking ass as soon as you upgrade to rank 25 and unlock the additional legendary affix.
If you're unsure about how to play you can look for some builds on diablofans, they come with full equipment sets and stat priorities (most of them).

Wolfie5

I play no WD so someone else can help you on that matter, but generally speaking yeah, your assumptions are right:
All items can be ancient, though the real difference will be the weapon (which you already upgraded).
Yes, you should go for 3 legendary gems, decide which ones based on the build you want to play. They usually start really kicking ass as soon as you upgrade to rank 25 and unlock the additional legendary affix.
If you're unsure about how to play you can look for some builds on diablofans, they come with full equipment sets and stat priorities (most of them).

Thanks for the tip. Tried to look at diablofans but there is too much focus on 2.3 naturally. I´ll just play rifts on T6 and try to get better items until the patch arrives.

davepoobond

im playing WD for seasons right now, i'll try to answer those specific questions

dont use homunculus with the tall man's finger (gargantuan dog). The point of homunculus is to basically use sacrifice and its going to be better to have a gargantuan burning dog up all of the time instead of sacrificing it over and over. it should free up a skill slot because you wont have sacrifice and you probably wont need the regular Gargantuan anymore.

kind of depends on the rest of your gear, but i had that exact problem with those two pieces.

yeah get all 3 legendary gems, witch doctors need the pet gem, i think thats the most important one. depending on how easy it is for you to live you can swap in CC or defensive stuff

sheet dps will sort of fool you, that's around what i have, but i can do like lvl 30ish GR or something.

depends on what set you are using. I'm using 2 piece on like 3 different sets at the moment.

depends. I use 2 piece on Jade Harvester and 2 piece on Zunimassa. I also have another 2 piece i think? i dont have mask of jeram yet so i'm using the helm that deals haunt damage in half the amount of time.

this is my WD right now

us.battle.net/d3/profile/zierkka-1594/hero/60412494

Syntek

Thanks for the tip. Tried to look at diablofans but there is too much focus on 2.3 naturally. I´ll just play rifts on T6 and try to get better items until the patch arrives.

Generally, pet builds are either melee or ranged. Melee pet builds scale pretty easily to tier 42~45 or so, whereas ranged pet build tends to have much higher potential and is currently the end-game build for WD (and probably will be as well in 2.3, unless they buff the new stuff).

Problem is, there are many ways to scrap together a melee pet build, but there really is only one way to put together a ranged pet build. You need a Carneval mask + Dagger of Darts, with 5 piece Zunimassa's and RRoG ring for the full set bonus. Ranged pet build is also inherently more difficult to play, and you do need to be familiar with the quirky pet AI and be able to 'leash' your pets by repositioning. Melee builds generally takes a passive approach.

At your paragon, I would just focus on T6 up to mid 30s GRs. Frankly, this is the fun stage, where cobbling together random items generally still works pretty well.

Jrmint

Got the Fire immune amulet tonight, first one I've ever seen in over 1000 hours played. Pretty cool I think.

It rolled like crap, but at least I'll be able to cube it.

I got a mail from Blizzard about Gamescom and the only game that's not playable at their booth is Diablo 3, I wonder how much they really care for the franchise.

I got a mail from Blizzard about Gamescom and the only game that's not playable at their booth is Diablo 3, I wonder how much they really care for the franchise.

That's what I was wondering too, pretty much every game is getting something from Gamescom Blizzard except D3. Right now I just take it as a surprise announcement of a D3 expansion. :p

davepoobond

That could imply a nerf to all characters, like deleting all paragon points :p

"we must remove your paragon powers!"

yeah i can see that happening in the next expansion. or maybe they split out the stats into 16 columns instead and piecemeal them out like they are doing now.

also, i wouldnt mind having an expansion where you are essentially the new Diablo, that would be a fun take on it, but they would have to change the gameplay severely to make that not dumb

Wolfie5

im playing WD for seasons right now, i'll try to answer those specific questions

dont use homunculus with the tall man's finger (gargantuan dog). The point of homunculus is to basically use sacrifice and its going to be better to have a gargantuan burning dog up all of the time instead of sacrificing it over and over. it should free up a skill slot because you wont have sacrifice and you probably wont need the regular Gargantuan anymore.

kind of depends on the rest of your gear, but i had that exact problem with those two pieces.

yeah get all 3 legendary gems, witch doctors need the pet gem, i think thats the most important one. depending on how easy it is for you to live you can swap in CC or defensive stuff

sheet dps will sort of fool you, that's around what i have, but i can do like lvl 30ish GR or something.

depends on what set you are using. I'm using 2 piece on like 3 different sets at the moment.

depends. I use 2 piece on Jade Harvester and 2 piece on Zunimassa. I also have another 2 piece i think? i dont have mask of jeram yet so i'm using the helm that deals haunt damage in half the amount of time.

this is my WD right now

us.battle.net/d3/profile/zierkka-1594/hero/60412494

Played yesterday on T6 and just tried some new stuff. Mixed haunt with sacrifice worked pretty good. Than again any build for me seems to work at T6. My WD right now(keeps changing, skills and items, as I was testing stuff):http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/wolfie5-2907/hero/63364470

Usually play with Piranhado rune, but found WoM to be pretty fun to play with. Might stick with it.

So you don't recommend homonculus with tall mans finger. Will change back to my Uhkapian mojo and try with burning dog.

I lost some CC and CD by putting on the set items I have now. I realise I need better rings and amy if I want sockets, which I do.
And hope to get anchient item upgrades. Pretty happy wit my main weapon though :)
Thanks for your input.

Grampasso

"we must remove your paragon powers!"

yeah i can see that happening in the next expansion. or maybe they split out the stats into 16 columns instead and piecemeal them out like they are doing now.

also, i wouldnt mind having an expansion where you are essentially the new Diablo, that would be a fun take on it, but they would have to change the gameplay severely to make that not dumb
Eh. I see more something like Imperius absorbs your Paragon Power, claims the recently freed soulstone and become the new Diablo. I just wonder what new features they'd come up to cope with that.

Eh. I see more something like Imperius absorbs your Paragon Power, claims the recently freed soulstone and become the new Diablo. I just wonder what new features they'd come up to cope with that.

That'd really feel shoe-horned in, I don't think Paragon has any story tie-ins right now?

Nymerio

Why would they even justify disabling paragon levels till you're max level again? Seems unnecessary, just disable them at the start with a little message telling you you'll get them back at max level. Done.

Grampasso

Why would they even justify disabling paragon levels till you're max level again? Seems unnecessary, just disable them at the start with a little message telling you you'll get them back at max level. Done.
It was just speculation about what they could do to make things fresh

Nymerio

It was just speculation about what they could do to make things fresh

Yeah, I figured.

Can't wait for the next patch/expansion. I tried playing a couple days ago but I just can't bring myself to level a character currently. I wish they'd make it somehow possible to skip the leveling process if you'd achieved some kind of goal before. I love the game but leveling seems like such waste of time to me.

Wolfie5

Try to get a Ramaladni's Gift and reroll the socket on weapon in exchange of % increased dmg.

Wow, did not know about this item. So if I understand this item correctly, I can first reroll the socket to % increased dmg and than add a socket with Ramaladni(If I ever get one). That´s pretty good, hope I get one.

Grampasso

Wow, did not know about this item. So if I understand this item correctly, I can first reroll the socket to % increased dmg and than add a socket with Ramaladni(If I ever get one). That´s pretty good, hope I get one.
Yes, also another tip. If you manage to get one, reroll the socket as soon as you can only ONCE, no matter what other stat you get as long as you get rid of the socket. Then use the Ramaladni to get the socket again and only THEN start the rerolling process until you get 10% incr dmg.
This way you'll do it faster (and cheaper) because the chance of getting a socket will be automatically excluded due to it being already present on the weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom